PDA

View Full Version : BUFFALO EXCELS AT WAVING WHITE FLAG

Mitchy moo
11-07-2005, 01:22 PM
David Staba just blows up TD and rightly so.

That, you might recall, was when Buffalo owner Ralph Wilson publicly humiliated then-general manager John Butler by firing him before the end of the season, then canned coach Wade Phillips. The treasonous crime that triggered the purge? Finishing .500 and missing the playoffs for the first time in four years.
Wilson immediately anointed Tom Donahoe as the franchise's president-for-life. And the stunning, heart-pumping and sometimes bizarre comebacks for which the Bills had become known over the previous 15 years pretty much stopped. Since Ol' Whitey took the reins, Buffalo has yet to make a single playoff appearance. Moreover, the Bills have won precisely three games in which they trailed at any point in the fourth quarter. The last time it happened was Week 5 of the 2003 season, when a furious rally wiped out a seemingly insurmountable three-point Cincinnati lead en route to a 22-16 win in overtime. For the calendar-challenged, that's more than two years ago.

http://www.niagarafallsreporter.com/billstuff11.8.05.html :blowup:

The Outsider
11-07-2005, 02:41 PM
The Outsider agrees....Buffalo excels at waiving many things including the white flag....they also excel and sucking year after year.....making bonehead penalties....not being able to put together a complete game.....not being able to score touchdowns...not being able to stop teams 3rd string scrubs...not being able to pass for more than 200 yards in a game...not passing for more than 3 yards on 4 and 7....the list shenanigans and sloppy play that buffalo excels at is endless....pathetic.

Mitchy moo
11-07-2005, 02:43 PM
Wow, how true is this:

Gandy and Anderson represent the sort of bargain-shopping Donahoe loves to do on the offensive line. The two alleged blockers got dumped by Chicago and Baltimore, respectively, two of the NFL's worst offenses a year ago. But they were more than good enough for Buffalo.

casdhf
11-07-2005, 03:39 PM
Gandy has played well.

DynaPaul
11-07-2005, 05:02 PM
That article is so true it hurts man. Last night I was talking to my girlfriend's dad, who is a lifelong Jets fan, right after that loss to San Diego. He was saying how that's all the Jets ever do is figure out a way to break your heart and I said "Yeah, I think the Bills have been taking a page from that playbook for the past couple of years". Seriously, every week this team finds a way to piss you off. If they're playing awesome one week then the next week they look like a total joke. Then we all left them for dead for that Sunday night game against the Patriots and they come out playing solid football only to do their football follies act in the end. (Luckily, THIS time I saw the whole act coming a mile away and was just waiting for it to unfold.)