PDA

View Full Version : Who's Wrong - Adams or Krumrie?

BuffaloRanger
11-07-2005, 05:24 PM
Adams claims he was benched for not playing the system that Krumrie wants.

Given the fact that Krumrie's "system" has so far sucked ass, was Sam wrong to not play in the system?

Some will say the player has to play in the system no matter how ineffective.

Does Krumrie actually think his system will work, with Bannan, Anderson, and Sape in there? I'm sure it would if the point was to make the pass defense look great by convincing the other team to forget the pass and just run for 150 yards a game.

End result: If they cut Adams after this year, they have to find 2 good DTs in the offseason. Plus improve the Oline. And the DBs.

Too much in one offseason. Full on rebuilding mode.

Typ0
11-07-2005, 06:53 PM
you never truly know if the system fails if you are circumventing the system with your own rules.

YardRat
11-07-2005, 08:08 PM
Maybe Sam's free-lancing has a little bit to do with the Bills' getting gashed up the middle by opposing running backs.

If the DT you expect to plug up the middle continually puts himself out of position, it can kill your run defense.

Tatonka
11-07-2005, 11:54 PM
sam adams is one of our best players.. **** the coaches.

SeatownBillsFan21
11-08-2005, 05:07 AM
Fire kerm adams deserves more respect than that 2 goalline stances 2 td do the math

Meathead
11-08-2005, 05:26 AM
well i for one trust sam's judgment over the entire staff of professional coaches

Meathead
11-08-2005, 05:26 AM
i can't believe i got that out without laughing

Dozerdog
11-08-2005, 06:26 AM
Has the coaches or system changed from previous years? No not really.

Did Sam Addams freelance previoius years? No.

Stick with the game plan, Sam.

mysticsoto
11-08-2005, 08:36 AM
Has the coaches or system changed from previous years? No not really.

Did Sam Addams freelance previoius years? No.

Stick with the game plan, Sam.

Yes, he has freelanced before and b'cse of it he's been benched before also. I think Sam wants more sacks and he wants to go after the QBs, but Krumrie/Gray want him to man his post and prevent RBs from getting through.

I say, let him go after a QB every now and then and bring in Fletcher closer to cover when he doesn't. But you can't do this always b'cse otherwise the Center will just move forward and take care of Fletcher while the opposing RB just cuts into that lane and then gets into the secondary quickly...if we had somebody massive next to Sam that could shed blocks, it might be okay - which is why Edwards had a decent amt of sacks and tackles when he used to come in either for Pat or Sam.

Michael82
11-08-2005, 11:33 AM
The problem is...Sam was used as the free lancer/pass rusher last year and before because we had big Pat Williams to help clog the middle. Without Pat, Sam takes over the clogging position and the other DT is supposed to pass rush.

G. Host
11-09-2005, 09:11 PM
Sam Adams had similiar problems elsewhere - he wanted individual stats and did not play as a team player or so some teams/players said. It appears he still has some of the old baggage.

Tatonka
11-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Sam Adams had similiar problems elsewhere - he wanted individual stats and did not play as a team player or so some teams/players said. It appears he still has some of the old baggage.

um.. link?

G. Host
11-09-2005, 09:30 PM
Sorry no link. Just recalling comments from his stays in other cities. A lot of them were from the time before newspapers stories were posted on internet.

vicmantak
11-10-2005, 02:18 AM
I would say Sam Adams.

The best coaches really know how to explode talent... but Sam has some undisciplined issues and recently, he is frequently succumbing against FBs. For example Mike Alstott simply made him look very very ordinary...

RedEyE
11-10-2005, 08:15 AM
From a players and coaches perspective, I've seen this before. A defense can't work if the entire defense isn't on the same page. Sam's "creative" movements create too many gaps as his teammates feel compelled to compensate what the others around them aren't doing.

When one man doesn't stay home and a play is made by the opposing offense where that one man should be, each defensive player loses focus. Instead the look to fill in the gaps created by others around them. Doing this they create their very own gaps and the entire defense ends up in a ugly chain reaction. It becomes a trust issue. The players feel like the others around them just aren't getting the job done and then they make undisciplined movements.

With that being said, I like Adams' inititative. He is a play maker that craves to make the big play. He's probably just bored with the system Krumie and Gray are projecting. Spicing things up on his own. Adams needs to realize that his talents are needed on the boring plays as well. Krumie and Gray should just throw him a bone once a game and let him drill to the QB.

ddaryl
11-10-2005, 09:06 AM
Adams wants to pursue like a DE, and use his quickness to shoot gaps and and get into the backfield.

the problem with that is if Adam's responsibility is to stop gap, and if he's penetrating the OL instead, then Adams could easily be faulted with many of our run stuffing woes.

We have a system, and he has to play within the system. If he doesn't then that puts stress on the rest of the D trying to cover his unattended gap.