PDA

View Full Version : what the hell was that challenge flag ****!

OpIv37
11-07-2005, 10:47 PM
Bellicheck threw that flag to see the Colts' offense!!! that was absolute garbage!

MTBillsFan
11-07-2005, 10:58 PM
He was buying time and trying to mess with timing the Colts have on O. It just a ploy because he knows he sucks and his team sucks!
PATS SUCK!

OpIv37
11-07-2005, 11:01 PM
well I'm glad they called him out on it and reviewed the play anyway. Dungee definitely outcoached him today.

chubluv
11-07-2005, 11:04 PM
I love that the ref told BB that if he didnt rethrow the flag he was gonna get charged with a TO.

paladin warrior
11-07-2005, 11:24 PM
Bellicheck threw that flag to see the Colts' offense!!! that was absolute garbage! :liar: he Try make excute or He is very :rage: ....too bad I like it I love it NE lost:lmao: :lmao:

Michael82
11-08-2005, 10:49 AM
What happened? i must have missed that part. :mad:

OpIv37
11-08-2005, 10:57 AM
What happened? i must have missed that part. :mad:

The colts scored a TD to make it 40-21 before the XP. They lined up to go for two, and Bellicheck threw the challenge flag cuz he wasn't ready and didn't want to use a Timeout. The play wasn't in question and he tried to pick up the flag.

Fortunately, the refs told him he had to run the challenge or else he'd lose a time out. So they reviewed the play, of course it stood as called- touchdown, and Bellicheck got called for the timeout

note: I wrote this thread before they forced Bellicheck to use the review.

TigerJ
11-08-2005, 11:53 AM
I love that the ref told BB that if he didnt rethrow the flag he was gonna get charged with a TO.

I thought he was probably told he would be penalized for using the flag as a delay of game tactic if he didn't ask for the challenge. By challenging a play that was not going to be reversed they did lose a time out. It was not only classless, it was a stupid move by the "genius."

Michael82
11-08-2005, 11:58 AM
The colts scored a TD to make it 40-21 before the XP. They lined up to go for two, and Bellicheck threw the challenge flag cuz he wasn't ready and didn't want to use a Timeout. The play wasn't in question and he tried to pick up the flag.

Fortunately, the refs told him he had to run the challenge or else he'd lose a time out. So they reviewed the play, of course it stood as called- touchdown, and Bellicheck got called for the timeout

note: I wrote this thread before they forced Bellicheck to use the review.
:rofl: Belichick seemed flustered all game long. It was great!

Mr. Miyagi
11-08-2005, 12:12 PM
Suddenly the guy looked old and confused.

Michael82
11-08-2005, 12:32 PM
Suddenly the guy looked old and confused.
yeah, how about him giving it up with 5 minutes to go? He punted the ball. I was shocked.

OpIv37
11-08-2005, 12:36 PM
yeah, how about him giving it up with 5 minutes to go? He punted the ball. I was shocked.

or the two 4th downs that they didn't convert (both when the game was still manageable)? Or the surprise onside kick halfway through the 3rd quarter? That's at least 5 major coaching mistakes in one game. Maybe Weiss and Crennel had more to do with it than we thought.

lordofgun
11-08-2005, 01:33 PM
Belichick is an overrated piece of garbage.

DynaPaul
11-08-2005, 01:52 PM
Yup, it's same old Belichick from Cleveland, Told ya's so.

BuffaloRanger
11-08-2005, 03:26 PM
That was awesome that they went for 2. Ram it up their ass!

justasportsfan
11-08-2005, 03:36 PM
It was a knee jerk reaction with regards to the colts stepping on their throat even though the pats were already dead. He should've been penalized for it.

Michael82
11-08-2005, 03:48 PM
or the two 4th downs that they didn't convert (both when the game was still manageable)? Or the surprise onside kick halfway through the 3rd quarter? That's at least 5 major coaching mistakes in one game. Maybe Weiss and Crennel had more to do with it than we thought.
There was more. I bet we could fill this thread with them from the last two weeks. From what I have seen, the Patriots dynasty is finally over. Injuries have finally taken their toll, and he badly misses the coordinators.