X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

3-5

One game back of the division lead, A home game against New England looming, A strong running game, a mediocre former back-up QB who’s holding things together, a defense that’s not what it used to be but is hanging around and capable of doing great things, and a team that plays well at home but struggles on the road.

Must be nice to be a Dolphins fan!

I wonder if they want to tank their season in order to get Leinert or Vick or if they’d rather go for the division title?
    Resign our own guys!
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Re: 3-5

Point taken

Comment

• The Natrix
      • Jul 2002

I hear ya. I haven't been wanting to come here much because of the serious negativity. Pointing out the flaws within the organization is one thing. However I can't stand the Posts that say "well, face it, we are not making the playoffs." Wow, at 3-5 your really going out on a limb there! Even worse are the posts about wishing losses on the bills by bills fans. Pathetic. Could you imagine a Bills fan at the Ralph just sitting there and being upset about the Bills scoring a TD or making noise while the offense is on the field? LOSERS.

Byrd.

Comment

• Patrick76777
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Natrix
        I hear ya. I haven't been wanting to come here much because of the serious negativity. Pointing out the flaws within the organization is one thing. However I can't stand the Posts that say "well, face it, we are not making the playoffs." Wow, at 3-5 your really going out on a limb there! Even worse are the posts about wishing losses on the bills by bills fans. Pathetic. Could you imagine a Bills fan at the Ralph just sitting there and being upset about the Bills scoring a TD or making noise while the offense is on the field? LOSERS.
        The morning guys on the radio here wanted NE to win last night so we would be 2 games back!

That’s crazy!
        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
          The morning guys on the radio here wanted NE to win last night so we would be 2 games back!

That’s crazy!
          What was their reasoning behind that?

Comment

• eyedog
            • Jul 2002

Those fans that want losses are not the one's that even go to the Ralph for games.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by RedEyE
              Probably so we put JP back in and give up on this season, morons.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                • Jul 2002

Once we're out of the playoff race, we'll put JP in!

It's a win now league. If this team wins the division with Holcomb, we get a home playoff game. The playoff exp. going into next year would be huge. Plus being on a division winning team with a possible playoff win will help recruit free agents.
                Resign our own guys!

Comment

• eyedog
                  • Jul 2002

What makes you think JP can't win, can't improve ? He does bring things to the table that Holcomb doesn't. Actually the only thing I like with Holcomb over JP is the experience. I don't like where this offense is going with Holcomb in the 2nd half of the season. Teams are starting to get some tape on him and they know he can't get the ball deep. It will get harder by the week to run the ball unless the o-line really turns it up and willis keeps motoring. Here's to hoping.

Comment

• The Natrix
                    • Jul 2002

That’s crazy!

Crazy is an understatement. People put way to much importance in a high draft picks. The 9ers, Texans, Browns, etc have been drafting high for a few years now, and where has it got them?

Besides not being a total douche bag, I refuse to cheer for the Bills to lose because:

1. You are not going to attract quality FA's if you go 5-11

2. You need to build momentum going into next season.

3. How is going 5-11 and having a relatively high draft choice going to make you a better team than a team who finishes 10-6 and just needs to make some minor adjustments?

Byrd.

Comment

• RedEyE
                      • Jul 2002

I'll make it clear right here, I never like watching the Bills lose. It serioulsy puts me in a bad mood for two whole days.

The problem that were facing now isn't about just "getting by", it's about "getting it together". In my opinion, Holcomb (although having won more games than Losman - 1) is hurting this team by delaying the necessary development of young JP. Mularkey is hurting this team with his indecisive ways and his inabilty to motivate talent.

By "getting by" were only going to end up with a 7-9 season (8-8 if lucky) which will only prolong this torture. 7-9 (8-8) keeps Mularkey in Buffalo and Holcomb at the helm until the end of the season. That puts us in yet another rebuilding stage next season.

I hate to say it, but losing games will put an end to this less than mediocre nonsense.

With that being said, when I sit in front of the TV, or when I go to the game, I lose my voice cheering for the Bills. Always have and always will. I'm not looking at this team with eyes wide shut though. I've got the teams best interest at heart. I've watched and played too much football to know that this team is not going anywhere this season. Is there a chance that something may give and the Bills plunge into the playoffs? Obvioulsy, but that chance is slim. I'll hope and cheer if that happens, but I'm not going to let it get to me this year if the Bills drop one game after another either, because with it I know we get rid of the scrubs preventing this team from dominating the division, the conference and the NFL once again

Comment

• The Natrix
                        • Jul 2002

The problem that were facing now isn't about just "getting by", it's about "getting it together". In my opinion, Holcomb (although having won more games than Losman - 1) is hurting this team by delaying the necessary development of young JP. Mularkey is hurting this team with his indecisive ways and his inabilty to motivate talent.

I can completely understand people wanting JP in there. I'm pretty much on the fence right now, but Holcomb not only needs a W, but a GREAT game against KC to justify keeping him in, IMO.

But wanting NE to win or the Bills to lose is preposterous.

If you feel strongly about JP needing to be in there, criticize the coaching staff to no end.

If the coaching is so inept why would you even feel good about next year even if JP gets to take his lumps these next 8 games?

Byrd.

Comment

• eyedog
                          • Jul 2002

If they wanted to stay with the veteran qb route then they should have kept Bledsoe one more year. We were told they were going with the young qb/JP route, then they scrap it in four games. WTF is that ? Now we got the veteran who isn't even as good as the veteran we let go to Dallas.

Another good job TD. You really got the pulse of this team.

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by The Natrix
                            I can completely understand people wanting JP in there. I'm pretty much on the fence right now, but Holcomb not only needs a W, but a GREAT game against KC to justify keeping him in, IMO.

But wanting NE to win or the Bills to lose is preposterous.

If you feel strongly about JP needing to be in there, criticize the coaching staff to no end.

If the coaching is so inept why would you even feel good about next year even if JP gets to take his lumps these next 8 games?
                            I love this thread.

Comment

• BAM
                              • Sep 2003

One game back of the division lead, A home game against New England looming, A strong running game, a mediocre former back-up QB who’s holding things together, a defense that’s not what it used to be but is hanging around and capable of doing great things, and a team that plays well at home but struggles on the road.

Must be nice to be a Dolphins fan!

I wonder if they want to tank their season in order to get Leinert or Vick or if they’d rather go for the division title?
                              Good post.

Comment

Working...
                              X