PDA

View Full Version : 3-5

Patrick76777
11-08-2005, 07:44 AM
One game back of the division lead, A home game against New England looming, A strong running game, a mediocre former back-up QB who’s holding things together, a defense that’s not what it used to be but is hanging around and capable of doing great things, and a team that plays well at home but struggles on the road.

Must be nice to be a Dolphins fan!

I wonder if they want to tank their season in order to get Leinert or Vick or if they’d rather go for the division title?

RedEyE
11-08-2005, 07:48 AM
:rofl:

Point taken

The Natrix
11-08-2005, 07:53 AM
I hear ya. I haven't been wanting to come here much because of the serious negativity. Pointing out the flaws within the organization is one thing. However I can't stand the Posts that say "well, face it, we are not making the playoffs." Wow, at 3-5 your really going out on a limb there! Even worse are the posts about wishing losses on the bills by bills fans. Pathetic. Could you imagine a Bills fan at the Ralph just sitting there and being upset about the Bills scoring a TD or making noise while the offense is on the field? LOSERS.

Patrick76777
11-08-2005, 07:56 AM
I hear ya. I haven't been wanting to come here much because of the serious negativity. Pointing out the flaws within the organization is one thing. However I can't stand the Posts that say "well, face it, we are not making the playoffs." Wow, at 3-5 your really going out on a limb there! Even worse are the posts about wishing losses on the bills by bills fans. Pathetic. Could you imagine a Bills fan at the Ralph just sitting there and being upset about the Bills scoring a TD or making noise while the offense is on the field? LOSERS.
The morning guys on the radio here wanted NE to win last night so we would be 2 games back!

That’s crazy!

RedEyE
11-08-2005, 07:57 AM
The morning guys on the radio here wanted NE to win last night so we would be 2 games back!

That’s crazy!

What was their reasoning behind that?

eyedog
11-08-2005, 07:59 AM
Those fans that want losses are not the one's that even go to the Ralph for games.

Mitchy moo
11-08-2005, 08:00 AM

Probably so we put JP back in and give up on this season, morons.

Patrick76777
11-08-2005, 08:03 AM

Once we're out of the playoff race, we'll put JP in!

It's a win now league. If this team wins the division with Holcomb, we get a home playoff game. The playoff exp. going into next year would be huge. Plus being on a division winning team with a possible playoff win will help recruit free agents.

eyedog
11-08-2005, 08:07 AM
What makes you think JP can't win, can't improve ? He does bring things to the table that Holcomb doesn't. Actually the only thing I like with Holcomb over JP is the experience. I don't like where this offense is going with Holcomb in the 2nd half of the season. Teams are starting to get some tape on him and they know he can't get the ball deep. It will get harder by the week to run the ball unless the o-line really turns it up and willis keeps motoring. Here's to hoping.

The Natrix
11-08-2005, 08:12 AM
That’s crazy!

Crazy is an understatement. People put way to much importance in a high draft picks. The 9ers, Texans, Browns, etc have been drafting high for a few years now, and where has it got them?

Besides not being a total douche bag, I refuse to cheer for the Bills to lose because:

1. You are not going to attract quality FA's if you go 5-11

2. You need to build momentum going into next season.

3. How is going 5-11 and having a relatively high draft choice going to make you a better team than a team who finishes 10-6 and just needs to make some minor adjustments?

RedEyE
11-08-2005, 08:14 AM
I'll make it clear right here, I never like watching the Bills lose. It serioulsy puts me in a bad mood for two whole days.

The problem that were facing now isn't about just "getting by", it's about "getting it together". In my opinion, Holcomb (although having won more games than Losman - 1) is hurting this team by delaying the necessary development of young JP. Mularkey is hurting this team with his indecisive ways and his inabilty to motivate talent.

By "getting by" were only going to end up with a 7-9 season (8-8 if lucky) which will only prolong this torture. 7-9 (8-8) keeps Mularkey in Buffalo and Holcomb at the helm until the end of the season. That puts us in yet another rebuilding stage next season.

I hate to say it, but losing games will put an end to this less than mediocre nonsense.

With that being said, when I sit in front of the TV, or when I go to the game, I lose my voice cheering for the Bills. Always have and always will. I'm not looking at this team with eyes wide shut though. I've got the teams best interest at heart. I've watched and played too much football to know that this team is not going anywhere this season. Is there a chance that something may give and the Bills plunge into the playoffs? Obvioulsy, but that chance is slim. I'll hope and cheer if that happens, but I'm not going to let it get to me this year if the Bills drop one game after another either, because with it I know we get rid of the scrubs preventing this team from dominating the division, the conference and the NFL once again

The Natrix
11-08-2005, 08:24 AM
The problem that were facing now isn't about just "getting by", it's about "getting it together". In my opinion, Holcomb (although having won more games than Losman - 1) is hurting this team by delaying the necessary development of young JP. Mularkey is hurting this team with his indecisive ways and his inabilty to motivate talent.

I can completely understand people wanting JP in there. I'm pretty much on the fence right now, but Holcomb not only needs a W, but a GREAT game against KC to justify keeping him in, IMO.

But wanting NE to win or the Bills to lose is preposterous.

If you feel strongly about JP needing to be in there, criticize the coaching staff to no end.

If the coaching is so inept why would you even feel good about next year even if JP gets to take his lumps these next 8 games?

eyedog
11-08-2005, 08:42 AM
If they wanted to stay with the veteran qb route then they should have kept Bledsoe one more year. We were told they were going with the young qb/JP route, then they scrap it in four games. WTF is that ? Now we got the veteran who isn't even as good as the veteran we let go to Dallas.

Another good job TD. You really got the pulse of this team.

madness
11-08-2005, 09:11 AM
I can completely understand people wanting JP in there. I'm pretty much on the fence right now, but Holcomb not only needs a W, but a GREAT game against KC to justify keeping him in, IMO.

If you feel strongly about JP needing to be in there, criticize the coaching staff to no end.

If the coaching is so inept why would you even feel good about next year even if JP gets to take his lumps these next 8 games?

I love this thread. :D

BAM
11-08-2005, 09:15 AM
One game back of the division lead, A home game against New England looming, A strong running game, a mediocre former back-up QB who’s holding things together, a defense that’s not what it used to be but is hanging around and capable of doing great things, and a team that plays well at home but struggles on the road.

Must be nice to be a Dolphins fan!

I wonder if they want to tank their season in order to get Leinert or Vick or if they’d rather go for the division title?
Good post. :D

:gobills:

Patrick76777
11-08-2005, 09:22 AM
If they wanted to stay with the veteran qb route then they should have kept Bledsoe one more year. We were told they were going with the young qb/JP route, then they scrap it in four games. WTF is that ? Now we got the veteran who isn't even as good as the veteran we let go to Dallas.
He made a mistake! Those things happen. Now he has to fix it.

RedEyE
11-08-2005, 09:25 AM

I understand, and I never said anything about wishing the Bills to lose. Please read my previous comments.

HHURRICANE
11-08-2005, 09:25 AM

That’s crazy!

No, their just smarter than you!!:coocoo:

HHURRICANE
11-08-2005, 09:28 AM

Exactly! Alot of posters, including me, wanted NE to win because we know the coaching staff (including coach Moulds) don't have the balls to do what the Giants did (when the Giants had a better chance of making the playoffs) by putting Losman in.

Mitchy moo
11-08-2005, 09:29 AM
Exactly! Alot of posters, including me, wanted NE to win because we know the coaching staff (including coach Moulds) don't have the balls to do what the Giants did (when the Giants had a better chance of making the playoffs) by putting Losman in.

LOSMAM = MORE LOSSES!

BAM
11-08-2005, 09:30 AM
I understand, and I never said anything about wishing the Bills to lose. Please read my previous comments.

There are a couple posters here that actually said that! Yes, they actually came out and said they wanted the Bills to LOSE. On top of that, they are now rooting for NE to win the division.

Needless to say, they are no longer Bills fans IMO, so I put them on ignore. Dumbest thing I've seen yet here on teh BZ.

madness
11-08-2005, 09:33 AM

This post makes me sick. :puke:

For everyone who wanted the Pats to win, click here (http://www.nflfans.com/patriotstalk/forum.php).

And don't come back!

TacklingDummy
11-08-2005, 09:42 AM
Holcomb is not the problem the Bills are losing. The offense is 10x better with him playing QB then with JP playing QB.

The reasons the Bills are losing is because the defense can't stop the run or create a pass rush.

And thats why JP has not been put back in.

HHURRICANE
11-08-2005, 09:55 AM
You people don't get it. It takes guts to say hey this team is going to be better making sacrifices today. The Giants were 4-2 when Eli got his start. They certainly had a much better chance of making the playoffs than we do. You homers are all hypocrits. Guaranteed when we are out of the playoffs than you will be regretting how we kept Holcomb in. Than you will all be clamoring for TD's head. Use your head!

HHURRICANE
11-08-2005, 09:58 AM
Holcomb is not the problem the Bills are losing. The offense is 10x better with him playing QB then with JP playing QB.

The reasons the Bills are losing is because the defense can't stop the run or create a pass rush.

And thats why JP has not been put back in.

If Holcomb is our starting QB of the future than post that!! Nobody said that it was Holcombs fault that we are losing. Our teams sucks so lets get it right going forward. Thats why we want JP so we can see if we need another QB or he is the one. We can't make that decsion if he plays 3 more games this year. QB is the most important position on the team. PERIOD.

BillsFever21
11-08-2005, 12:08 PM
Everyone who thinks we will make the playoffs are the same :homer: who predicts us to win 10+ games every season.

These same people always say the Dolphins suck. They have the same record and have actually beat a couple good teams(Denver and Carolina) unlike us.

If anything the Dolphins have a better chance at winning the division then we do. They will finish with a better record.

BAM
11-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Either that or we realize that we are far from being eliminated and there are still 8 games left. Don't count your chickens, brah.

madness
11-08-2005, 12:12 PM
You people don't get it. It takes guts to say hey this team is going to be better making sacrifices today. The Giants were 4-2 when Eli got his start. They certainly had a much better chance of making the playoffs than we do. You homers are all hypocrits. Guaranteed when we are out of the playoffs than you will be regretting how we kept Holcomb in. Than you will all be clamoring for TD's head. Use your head!

Giants were 5-4 when Warner was replaced. He was playing like crap and was sacked 39 already and that was the easy half of the Giants schedule! Plus he signed a two year contract which was voidable after one year. In other words, Warner was taking a beating and wasn't going to be there next year.

Slightly different situation.

TacklingDummy
11-08-2005, 12:27 PM
If Holcomb is our starting QB of the future than post that!!

I could see Holcomb being the Bills starting QB for the next couple of years. He's played 4 games so far with barely any pre-season work, practice and he's playing fine. With more practice/games played he should improve even more.

The Bills problem is D-line. If you go with JP the Bills problems become D-Line and QB. And then the domino effect takes place. The WR stop producing, the running game suffers, the O-line looks worse then it really is.

And to add to Madness post about why the Giants pulled Warner. Warner also fumbled the ball 14 times in 8 games. Not to mention the INTs.

BillsFever21
11-08-2005, 12:37 PM
I could see Holcomb being the Bills starting QB for the next couple of years. He's played 4 games so far with barely any pre-season work, practice and he's playing fine. With more practice/games played he should improve even more.

The Bills problem is D-line. If you go with JP the Bills problems become D-Line and QB. And then the domino effect takes place. The WR stop producing, the running game suffers, the O-line looks worse then it really is.

And to add to Madness post about why the Giants pulled Warner. Warner also fumbled the ball 14 times in 8 games. Not to mention the INTs.

Holcomb has fumbled 10 times in 4 games and is averaging 2 TO's a game.

What's your point? At this rate Holcomb will have 20 fumbles in 8 games.

BillsFever21
11-08-2005, 12:38 PM
And to correct you, it was 12 fumbles in 10 games.

Holcomb has only started 4 games and he leads the league in fumbles.

BillsFever21
11-08-2005, 12:39 PM

eyedog
11-08-2005, 12:56 PM
Are you crazy T-Dummy ? There is no way Holcomb is going to be the starting qb for the next couple of years. If the Bills fall out of this race, he will be out and that will be the last game he ever starts in Buffalo barring injuries.

TacklingDummy
11-08-2005, 01:03 PM
Opps

TacklingDummy
11-08-2005, 01:10 PM
Are you crazy T-Dummy ? There is no way Holcomb is going to be the starting qb for the next couple of years.

Time will tell.

My money is on Holcomb being the starter again next year.

TacklingDummy
11-08-2005, 01:13 PM
Holcomb has fumbled 10 times in 4 games and is averaging 2 TO's a game.

And to correct you holcomb has 8 fumbles in 6 games.

BillsFever21
11-08-2005, 01:15 PM
And to correct you holcomb has 8 fumbles in 6 games.

My bad. That is MUCH better. That's in 4 starts. In his 4 starts he has 6 fumbles. But hey that's only 24 a year. That's not too bad.

eyedog
11-08-2005, 01:20 PM
He made a mistake! Those things happen. Now he has to fix it.

No kidding. The problem is he is making too many mistakes, thus the mess this team is currently in.
The latest mistake, our new 7 million dollar guard.

Mitchy moo
11-08-2005, 09:36 PM

Kelly Holcomb has provided consistency to the Bills quarterback position. His accurate passing has allowed the receivers to make plays in the passing game. Holcomb ranks third in the AFC with a 67.8 percent completion percentage on the season.

Think JP would make 3rd right now?

colin
11-09-2005, 09:43 AM
i'm not huge on holcomb, and losman still has an upside, but as long as we are in the hunt and he is healthy we have to play holcomb

he has played better pretty much every week (did OK in jokeland and was overall strong against NE, of course i am not impressed with his 4th and long wimp throw).

the point that everyone who thinks we just have to throw JP in is missing is that JP is not as good as the QBs who got tossed in and struggled early but ended up better (eli, palmer, leftwitch, big ben etc). JP was the 4th qb taken and he has physical tools but is raw as hell. he just isn't ready and putting him in too early won't help.

the first mistake was tossing bledsoe, but at his cost it might have been a must do.

the second mistake was not having a competition for starting QB, no excuses there MM F'ed up.

the third mistake was keeping JP in 1 or 2 games too long, we would have won AT LEAST one of atlanta/NO if we had about 150 total passing yards and a few less 3 and outs.

putting holcomb in now is an attempt to correct the mistakes made, if we are truly out of it we should stick JP in there IF he shows something to the coaches that make them think he is more ready.

colin
11-09-2005, 09:43 AM
i'm not huge on holcomb, and losman still has an upside, but as long as we are in the hunt and he is healthy we have to play holcomb

he has played better pretty much every week (did OK in jokeland and was overall strong against NE, of course i am not impressed with his 4th and long wimp throw).

the point that everyone who thinks we just have to throw JP in is missing is that JP is not as good as the QBs who got tossed in and struggled early but ended up better (eli, palmer, leftwitch, big ben etc). JP was the 4th qb taken and he has physical tools but is raw as hell. he just isn't ready and putting him in too early won't help.

the first mistake was tossing bledsoe, but at his cost it might have been a must do.

the second mistake was not having a competition for starting QB, no excuses there MM F'ed up.

the third mistake was keeping JP in 1 or 2 games too long, we would have won AT LEAST one of atlanta/NO if we had about 150 total passing yards and a few less 3 and outs.

putting holcomb in now is an attempt to correct the mistakes made, if we are truly out of it we should stick JP in there IF he shows something to the coaches that make them think he is more ready.

dplus47
11-09-2005, 02:04 PM
.Must be nice to be a Dolphins fan!

great post! we DO have a lot in common... i only wish to point out that the phins would be a lot better if frerotte were at least mediocre. and, as much as i love ronnie brown, no more really high draft picks. no more 20 million dollar bonuses. that can mess up cap flexibility in a hurry.

as for the whole j.p. debate, who's to say that j.p. is showing the coaching staff what they want to see? are there any reports on how he's doing in practice? if he hasn't put in the work to improve, they're even less likely to put him back in, if only to prove a point. holcomb may be mediocre, but he makes teams prepare for a multi-dimensional attack when they play the bills.