Technically the Bills can still win the division....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Technically the Bills can still win the division....

... but so could the Jets or the Dolphins. A lot of homers here don't seem to be capable of seeing the forest from the trees. If you mention the Jets or the Dolphins, they will say "well, sure it's possible, but look how they've been playing and look at their schedules- they won't be able to pull it off." Yet somehow that same line of thinking isn't applicable to the Bills. If we're going to win the division, we're going to have to go 9-7, which means finishing 6-2 against SD, KC, Denver, NE, Cincy, Carolina and road games against division rivals Miami and NY (read: NJ).

What have you seen on the field that makes you think we can win 6 of those games?

The Bills have about the same chance of winning the division as I do of being elected governor of Virginia via write-in ballots today. After all, there's nothing that technically prevents me from becoming governor, so it must be possible, right?
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Re: Technically the Bills can still win the division....

For what its worth, I'd vote for you OP.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

thanks Red
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
        What have you seen on the field that makes you think we can win 6 of those games?
        We're not stupid. We know the odds are against us. How many times do we have to tell you that? I apologize for wanting the team to go out fighting. NOT!!!!
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
          For what its worth, I'd vote for you OP.
          I'd vote for him too if he was running in Miami. Not where I live though, wouldn't want to vote for someone who gives up and keeps telling me our city sucks and that we should just go on welfare.
          sacrifice1

Comment

• The Natrix
            • Jul 2002

... but so could the Jets or the Dolphins. A lot of homers here don't seem to be capable of seeing the forest from the trees. If you mention the Jets or the Dolphins, they will say "well, sure it's possible, but look how they've been playing and look at their schedules- they won't be able to pull it off." Yet somehow that same line of thinking isn't applicable to the Bills. If we're going to win the division, we're going to have to go 9-7, which means finishing 6-2 against SD, KC, Denver, NE, Cincy, Carolina and road games against division rivals Miami and NY (read: NJ).
            The Bills have about the same chance of winning the division as I do of being elected governor of Virginia via write-in ballots today. After all, there's nothing that technically prevents me from becoming governor, so it must be possible, right?

I just don't understand the point of this post.

Do you want to convince everyone to be as downtrodden about the Bills as you are just to make you feel better?

Yes the Pats are a game up, and they look like the better team RIGHT NOW, but anything can happen. What if Brady goes down. I would never cheer for an injury but I'm just saying.

And IMO, Bills fans should have more hope for this season that Miami or New Jersey fans.

Byrd.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              We're not stupid. We know the odds are against us. How many times do we have to tell you that? I apologize for wanting the team to go out fighting. NOT!!!!
              if they don't put Losman in NOW, they're taking a huge gamble on this team's future for what amounts to a very low-percentage chance at a playoff run. Last year pisses me off because of 3 things:

1. Ben Roethlisberger made the Bills brass think they could win with Losman
              2. The late-season run gave us a lot of hope for this year that proved to be unfounded
              3. The late-season run last year makes people think we can do it again, even though last year we had a better D and played weaker teams than we do this year.

I just don't think it's worth benching Losman for another quarter of a season for such a long shot at a playoff berth. If we had beat NE and were in the division lead, it might be another story, but we're still playing catch-up.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The Natrix
                I just don't understand the point of this post.
                Do you want to convince everyone to be as downtrodden about the Bills as you are just to make you feel better?
                Yes the Pats are a game up, and they look like the better team RIGHT NOW, but anything can happen. What if Brady goes down. I would never cheer for an injury but I'm just saying.
                And IMO, Bills fans should have more hope for this season that Miami or New Jersey fans.
                I'm saying that the people who think the Bills are going to win the division are setting themselves up for disappointment. Do I hope the Bills win the division? Of course. But do I think it will happen? Not a chance in hell.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

if they don't put Losman in NOW, they're taking a huge gamble on this team's future for what amounts to a very low-percentage chance at a playoff run. Last year pisses me off because of 3 things:
                  1. Ben Roethlisberger made the Bills brass think they could win with Losman
                  2. The late-season run gave us a lot of hope for this year that proved to be unfounded
                  3. The late-season run last year makes people think we can do it again, even though last year we had a better D and played weaker teams than we do this year.
                  I just don't think it's worth benching Losman for another quarter of a season for such a long shot at a playoff berth. If we had beat NE and were in the division lead, it might be another story, but we're still playing catch-up.

I don't care about Ben.

If you had the ball, were at midfield with 3 secs. left and behind by 5 pts. I'm almost sure you would tell the team," we have no chance we suck " and take a knee instead of throwing a hailmary.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    I don't care about Ben.
                    If you had the ball, were at midfield with 3 secs. left and behind by 5 pts. I'm almost sure you would tell the team," we have no chance we suck " and take a knee instead of throwing a hailmary.
                    no, because in that particular case, taking the chance is very unlikely to have an adverse effect on the team's future. There is a chance that a player could get injured, but no more than on any other play so you can't worry about that.
                    The low risk is worth the potential reward.

In this case, the reward is high but so is the risk. Do you want to go into next season with Losman as bad as he is now? I sure as hell don't, and I don't think it's worth risking another 3-5 start and being in this exact same spot a year from now- all for an outside chance at the playoffs.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

no, because in that particular case, taking the chance is very unlikely to have an adverse effect on the team's future. There is a chance that a player could get injured, but no more than on any other play so you can't worry about that.
                        The low risk is worth the potential reward.
                        In this case, the reward is high but so is the risk. Do you want to go into next season with Losman as bad as he is now? I sure as hell don't, and I don't think it's worth risking another 3-5 start and being in this exact same spot a year from now- all for an outside chance at the playoffs.
                        There are no rewards when you give up. You are telling me that we aren't going anywhere and if I follow your opinion and sit the qb that's gives us the best chance to win , we start losing and Brady goes down, then what?

Stop assuming we are going to lose. That's a quitters way of thinking. When we are out of it, your logic will make sense. Right now, your logic are for people who are scared of challenges.

Jp will develop just fine. If he doesn't have it in him, there's nothing we can do. You do not sacrifice your entire team when you have a chancefor the sake of 1 player who may or may not pan out. These chances don't come very often and when it does you just want us to think we suck.

I hope you don't have plans of being a motivator as a carreer. You'll just make people depressed about themselves. You'll just make them want to commit suicide .
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

[quote=OpIv37 The Bills have about the same chance of winning the division as I do of being elected governor of Virginia via write-in ballots today. After all, there's nothing that technically prevents me from becoming governor, so it must be possible, right?[/quote]

Look, you are dead on. I have posted the exact same thing to no avail. This is not a very good team. Let's get it right for next year. The move on the OL is very exciting. Put in Losman, develop Parrish (who is still a question mark), try different players on the DL. This is not a team that will be better next year with the current personnel. Alot of people need to go and be replaced. The funny thing is that most fans expected the team to struggle with Losman at the helm. TD , Ralph and MM seem to have higher expectations this year than the fans do. I never thought I'd say this but maybe Ralph is the problem.

Comment

• BAM
                            • Sep 2003

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

Anyone can win the AFC east. It is not set in stone by any stretch and there are no front runners. NE is more likely to only because of the [ast few years. The problem for them is they had to many injuries to be successful. You can have the best coach in the world but in the NFL if the players aren't ready or can't completely understand, you are out in the cold.
                              Last edited by Mitchy moo; 11-08-2005, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X