PDA

View Full Version : T.O. apologizes, hopes to play for Eagles this season

Michael82
11-08-2005, 02:32 PM
In a news conference in front of his Moorestown, N.J., home, Terrell Owens apologized to Donovan McNabb, Andy Reid and the Eagles organization Tuesday.

"It really hurts me not to be a part of this team anymore," Owens said.

His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said he hopes Owens plays for the Eagles again.

"We hope he plays again for the Philadelphia Eagles," Rosenhaus said.

Rosenhaus said Owens wants to return to the Eagles "ASAP."

Owens' brief -- but tumultuous -- time in Philadelphia ended Monday when the All-Pro wide receiver was told not to return to the team this season.

"This decision is a result of a large number of situations that accumulated over a long period of time, during which Terrell had been warned repeatedly about the consequences of his actions," Reid said.

Owens was suspended for Sunday night's 17-10 loss at Washington, and will remain suspended for three more games without pay. After that, the Eagles plan to deactivate him for the rest of the season.

Though he's perhaps the best wideout in the NFL, Owens caused far too many distractions with his selfish behavior.

"We gave Terrell every opportunity to avoid this outcome," Reid said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2217740

Michael82
11-08-2005, 02:46 PM
He's sorry. I wonder if McNabb and the rest of the team will forgive him. I say no, it's too late. He was given all weekend to do this and didn't. Poor TO. He realizes that he ****ed up and is going to lose some money now. :snicker:

footballhottie
11-08-2005, 02:51 PM
awww i feel bad for the guy....all of you are heartless jerks for speaking so badly of him

Mitchy moo
11-08-2005, 02:54 PM
He's sorry. I wonder if McNabb and the rest of the team will forgive him. I say no, it's too late. He was given all weekend to do this and didn't. Poor TO. He realizes that he ****ed up and is going to lose some money now. :snicker:

They say sinners can always be forgiven, let us pray for him.:pray:

Static
11-08-2005, 02:56 PM
I apologize for posting in this thread.....

justasportsfan
11-08-2005, 02:58 PM
awww i feel bad for the guy....all of you are heartless jerks for speaking so badly of him
First OJ and now TO ? What's next, Sadam is a saint?

Gunzlingr
11-08-2005, 02:58 PM
:baby:

Michael82
11-08-2005, 03:08 PM
I apologize for posting in this thread.....
:rofl:

Novacane
11-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Make him sit. He's not really sorry.

Michael82
11-08-2005, 03:32 PM
Rosenhaus made it worse. Did you see him scream and yell at the media and the critics? :rofl:

I couldn't stop laughing. Drew Rosenhaus the so called Super Agent is falling apart by standing by Terrell Owens and now he realizes that he is going to lose money. poor Rosenass realizes that he probably shouldn't have forged this relationship. :snicker:

:lolpoint: :mad: Drew Rosenhaus

:lolpoint: :baby: Terrell Owens

Mitchy moo
11-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Rosenhaus made it worse. Did you see him scream and yell at the media and the critics? :rofl:

I couldn't stop laughing. Drew Rosenhaus the so called Super Agent is falling apart by standing by Terrell Owens and now he realizes that he is going to lose money. poor Rosenass realizes that he probably shouldn't have forged this relationship. :snicker:

:lolpoint: :mad: Drew Rosenhaus

:lolpoint: :baby: Terrell Owens

T.O. apologizes, but Eagles won't take him back

<!-- end pagetitle --><!-- begin bylinebox -->ESPN.com news services

<!-- begin presby2 -->
<!-- end presby2 -->
<!-- end bylinebox -->
<!-- begin text11 div -->
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><!-- begin leftcol --><!-- template inline -->Terrell Owens (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=3664) wants to return to the Eagles, but the team won't have him.
A contrite Owens, hoping to overturn his dismissal from the Philadelphia Eagles (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=phi), on Tuesday apologized to coach Andy Reid, quarterback Donovan McNabb (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4650), the team's owner and president, and fans.
However, Eagles officials who watched the news conference told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio that the team will not take Owens back.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

hammerbillsfan
11-08-2005, 03:37 PM
I like this question from one of the reporters:
To: Drew Rosenhaus
What else have you done for your client besides getting him kicked off the team?
Drew: Next question.

:haha: Drew & TO

Novacane
11-08-2005, 03:41 PM
What else have you done for your client besides getting him kicked off the team?

:lmao:

Michael82
11-08-2005, 03:42 PM

They asked him a bunch of questions like that and he kept getting madder by the minute. Actually when they asked him that question...TO stood in the background chuckling. It was ****ing hilarious. You can tell that Drew Rosenhaus knows this has really helped to damage his reputation. :snicker:

Valerie
11-08-2005, 03:44 PM
Oh well. Too bad, so sad. I hope the Eagles are able to get his signing bonus back too! :snicker: Maybe he should do commercials for Sharpie and call it a day. lol

Mr. Miyagi
11-08-2005, 03:45 PM
TO's actions remind me of a little child.

First he does something stupid. He gets warned.
Then he does it again to test the limits. He gets warned again.
Then he does it again to see how far he can push it. He gets punished.
Now he thinks apologizing will make it all better. Too late.

If Reid lets him back in this season, he's showing TO that the consequences aren't real and serious, that he can just "apologize" and get out of it.

Not.

TacklingDummy
11-08-2005, 03:52 PM
If the Eagles were smart they'd take him back. He may be a big mouth but he'sa talented big mouth.

And this country was built on given people second chances. Or 3rd or 4th chances.

TacklingDummy
11-08-2005, 03:52 PM
If the Eagles were smart they'd take him back. He may be a big mouth but he'sa talented big mouth.

And this country was built on given people second chances. Or 3rd or 4th chances.

Valerie
11-08-2005, 03:58 PM
I agree with you, Tackling Dummy, Owens is definitely talented and in a way I feel sorry for the Eagles. They paid good money to get a good player and it's sad he's such an ass and had to ruin it for them. If they do decide to take him back, I hope they wait until after the Monday night game against the Cowboys. lol

TacklingDummy
11-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Plus he's on 1 of my fantasy teams. :(

LET TO PLAY!!!!

In a way I hope the Eagles don't play him and cut him next year. I will have my TO Buffalo Bills jersey on order.

X-Era
11-08-2005, 04:14 PM
In a news conference in front of his Moorestown, N.J., home, Terrell Owens apologized to Donovan McNabb, Andy Reid and the Eagles organization Tuesday.

"It really hurts me not to be a part of this team anymore," Owens said.

His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said he hopes Owens plays for the Eagles again.

"We hope he plays again for the Philadelphia Eagles," Rosenhaus said.

Rosenhaus said Owens wants to return to the Eagles "ASAP."

Owens' brief -- but tumultuous -- time in Philadelphia ended Monday when the All-Pro wide receiver was told not to return to the team this season.

"This decision is a result of a large number of situations that accumulated over a long period of time, during which Terrell had been warned repeatedly about the consequences of his actions," Reid said.

Owens was suspended for Sunday night's 17-10 loss at Washington, and will remain suspended for three more games without pay. After that, the Eagles plan to deactivate him for the rest of the season.

Though he's perhaps the best wideout in the NFL, Owens caused far too many distractions with his selfish behavior.

"We gave Terrell every opportunity to avoid this outcome," Reid said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2217740

Screw that Fuggface, move him into the obscurity that clowns like Leaf went into to. Theres plenty of talent in the league to enjoy without this clown.

Mr. Miyagi
11-08-2005, 04:14 PM
In a way I hope the Eagles don't play him and cut him next year. I will have my TO Buffalo Bills jersey on order.

NEGGED.

Gunzlingr
11-08-2005, 04:25 PM
Plus he's on 1 of my fantasy teams. :(

LET TO PLAY!!!!

And who is going to throw him the ball? Holcomb with his 5 yard bombs?

The_Philster
11-08-2005, 06:25 PM
I'll lay odds he didn't mean a word of his apologies...the only reason he did it was because Rosenhaus was going to drop him as a client...I'd be willing to bet on it

Turf
11-08-2005, 07:05 PM
And who is going to throw him the ball? Holcomb with his 5 yard bombs?

That's the first thing that popped into my mind.

TacklingDummy
11-08-2005, 07:44 PM
the only reason he did it was because Rosenhaus was going to drop him as a client

TO should dump Drew as a agent.
TO didn't have any problems with his contract until Drew started talking into his ear.
Drew is going to cost TO millions.

TO should fire Drew...Call McNabb and have a 1 on 1 chat with him and apologize in private and then apologize again in public.

McNabb is the only one who can get TO back to playing.

Mitchy moo
11-08-2005, 08:41 PM
TO didn't have any problems with his contract until Drew started talking into his ear.

TO should fire Drew...Call McNabb and have a 1 on 1 chat with him and apologize in private and then apologize again in public.

Mcnabb says he's better off without T.O.

jmb1099
11-08-2005, 09:45 PM
TO has always behaved like a child. He does have real talent, but at what cost? He was impressive in the SB and I think capable of being a big enough playmaker to even get them back...however, he is also a large enough distraction to keep them from winning another game and until he is gone it will continue. He has already had second chances, he's burned them, he needs to go and be in time out now.

mysticsoto
11-09-2005, 08:20 AM
I agree with you, Tackling Dummy, Owens is definitely talented and in a way I feel sorry for the Eagles. They paid good money to get a good player and it's sad he's such an ass and had to ruin it for them. If they do decide to take him back, I hope they wait until after the Monday night game against the Cowboys. lol

I don't feel sorry for them. They knew his history and took their chances. Besides, their rookie WR played well against Washington in taking over TO's spot. He had 5 catches for 94 yards and will probably get awarded rookie of the week.