PDA

View Full Version : Flutie

Gunzlingr
11-08-2005, 03:37 PM
What a little ass! After 79 chased him down and hit him, he goes running up to him and bumps into him, then tries to cry that 79 ran into him! I thought it was funny that the announcers caught on right away and said this wasn't the NBA. Flutie went out of his way to try and get 79 ejected, what a douche bag.

Mr. Miyagi
11-08-2005, 03:40 PM
The old dude knows every little trick in the book. Gotta give him credit for trying LOL.

L.A. Playa
11-08-2005, 03:58 PM
trying with less than 30 seconds left and down by 19 that was a typical Flutie classless move was stupid for the time and situation of the game

TacklingDummy
11-08-2005, 04:00 PM
Classless would be going for 2 like the Colts did.

Gunzlingr
11-08-2005, 04:21 PM
Classless would be going for 2 like the Colts did.

You are up by 19 with over 6 minutes to go, why not go for 2 to make it a 3 TD game? Stranger things have happened than NE scoring 3 TDs in 6 minutes. Makes perfect sense if you ask me.

Jan Reimers
11-08-2005, 04:25 PM
For chrissakes, Flutie was 21-9 as a starter for the Bills, and led us to our last playoff appearance. I simply don't understand the virulent hatred of a guy who was at least partly responsible for the last real success we had.

I hope you Flutie bashers are really happy with Holcomb. He is just sooooooo much better than Doug.

Gunzlingr
11-08-2005, 04:38 PM
I didn't have a problem with the guy, and I still have his jersey. I was pissed that he got pulled for RJ when we made the playoffs last.

I just thought it was in poor taste to try and get an opponent in trouble in the waning minutes of a game that was already lost. It just lowered my opinion of him. He must have a giant chip on his shoulder.

The_Philster
11-08-2005, 06:05 PM
He was a pompous jerk when he played for us, and he hasn't changed :idunno:

frank74
11-08-2005, 06:22 PM
Flutie was fun to watch

The_Philster
11-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Flutie was fun to watch except when he held onto the ball and ran around like a chicken with its head cut off instead of throwing to wide-open WRs :curse: :mad:
:machgun: the runt

Iehoshua
11-08-2005, 06:33 PM
For chrissakes, Flutie was 21-9 as a starter for the Bills, and led us to our last playoff appearance. I simply don't understand the virulent hatred of a guy who was at least partly responsible for the last real success we had.
I hope you Flutie bashers are really happy with Holcomb. He is just sooooooo much better than Doug.:bf1:

Amen.

I will never forget the Music City Tragedy. If Flutie starts that game, it's so far out of reach that no goofy runback would've made a difference. We'd have advanced and went on to crush grocerybagger Warner and the Whams to be Superbowl Champions.

As such, we now bear the Curse of the Flutino. Perhaps in 86 years we may win a championship...

STAMPY
11-08-2005, 06:43 PM
:bf1:
Amen.
I will never forget the Music City Tragedy. If Flutie starts that game, it's so far out of reach that no goofy runback would've made a difference. We'd have advanced and went on to crush grocerybagger Warner and the Whams to be Superbowl Champions.
As such, we now bear the Curse of the Flutino. Perhaps in 86 years we may win a championship...

BAM
11-08-2005, 06:54 PM

I hope you Flutie bashers are really happy with Holcomb. He is just sooooooo much better than Doug.

I don't understand it either. I've always loved Doug Flutie. What heart that guy has!!

BAM
11-08-2005, 06:55 PM
except when he held onto the ball and ran around like a chicken with its head cut off instead of throwing to wide-open WRs :curse: :mad:

Winning record. How'd your boy RJ pan out.

The_Philster
11-08-2005, 06:56 PM
you probably don't understand it because you didn't watch him closely enough...I remember there were numerous times in 99 that I saw Andre or Eric open downfield and the little runt runs instead of making the throw...all to get the attention focused on himself :down:

The_Philster
11-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Winning record. How'd your boy RJ pan out.
winning record thanks to the defense...and what does RJ have to do with anything? :huh: RJ sucked but so did Flutie

pintonick96
11-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Flutie is an *******.

Me and my buddies were arguing about it once, they were goofing around about it and one of my buddies was liek "yeah he punched me in the face" it was just funny.

BAM
11-08-2005, 07:00 PM
winning record thanks to the defense...and what does RJ have to do with anything? :huh: RJ sucked but so did Flutie

His running the bootleg, constant hookups with Moulds, etc. had nothing to do with it. Riiiiight...

Rumor has it that you were a huge RJ supporter, which doesn't surprise me. He seems like your type.

STAMPY
11-08-2005, 07:00 PM
21-9 didn't stink

STAMPY
11-08-2005, 07:01 PM
he also saved the franchise from moving. i'd think some buffalo fans would appreciate that

The_Philster
11-08-2005, 07:02 PM
Rumor has it that you were a huge RJ supporter, which doesn't surprise me. He seems like your type.are personal attacks necessary here? :rolleyes:

L.A. Playa
11-08-2005, 07:03 PM
I liked Flutie when he was in Buffalo wish they would have kept him instead of RJ, but the way he left and his comments afterwards are what bother me I think it was stupid to do what he did last night and I think he does lack class, but so do 90 % of professional athletes just Flutie seems to lack a little more

The_Philster
11-08-2005, 07:03 PM
he also saved the franchise from moving. i'd think some buffalo fans would appreciate that
I certainly did...in 98 he played very well and was a key reason we sold all those luxury boxes...but I'm not gonna ignore the facts of how his "me" play was a detriment to the team in 99

BAM
11-08-2005, 07:04 PM

Some people have no respect. He did indeed play a humongous part in keeping this team around.

The_Philster
11-08-2005, 07:05 PM
and some people worship the guy and ignore his later screwups because of that

BAM
11-08-2005, 07:05 PM
are personal attacks necessary here? :rolleyes:

No but a sense of humor is. Looks like I struck a nerve!!

awwwww buddy... :pet: Phil

STAMPY
11-08-2005, 07:06 PM
I certainly did...in 98 he played very well and was a key reason we sold all those luxury boxes...but I'm not gonna ignore the facts of how his "me" play was a detriment to the team in 99

i'll take 53 Me players as long as they win games

STAMPY
11-08-2005, 07:08 PM
and some people worship the guy and ignore his later screwups because of that

i dunno. i'd give a guy that saved a team from leaving forever a whole lotta slack. a whole lotta especially since he still WON

BAM
11-08-2005, 07:08 PM
Me players are everywhere. Just look around. There are even some on our team right now, just not as outspoken as others have been. You've got to be an idiot to not realize this. I personally have no problem with someone that wants the ball all day long, runs their mouth, etc... as long as they produce on the field and back it up.

The_Philster
11-08-2005, 07:09 PM
i'll take 53 Me players as long as they win games
we lost a few games that season that I'll hang on his head because of his "me" attitude :peace:

The_Philster
11-08-2005, 07:10 PM
No but a sense of humor is. Looks like I struck a nerve!!

awwwww buddy... :pet: Phil
it galls me to no end that people can't defend Flutie without bringing up RJ...obviously means Flutie can't be defended on his own merits :idunno:

STAMPY
11-08-2005, 07:11 PM
we lost a few games that season that I'll hang on his head because of his "me" attitude :peace:

we havent had a season as great since he left. bottomline and our defense was good the 2 of last 3 years

STAMPY
11-08-2005, 07:12 PM
it galls me to no end that people can't defend Flutie without bringing up RJ...obviously means Flutie can't be defended on his own merits :idunno:

well that was the bum that replaced him in the big playoff game.

BAM
11-08-2005, 07:13 PM
Galls.... :chuckle:

The_Philster
11-08-2005, 07:13 PM
Me players are everywhere. Just look around. There are even some on our team right now, just not as outspoken as others have been. You've got to be an idiot to not realize this. I personally have no problem with someone that wants the ball all day long, runs their mouth, etc... as long as they produce on the field and back it up.
no offense, but you'd take 53 prison convicts on the team if you liked their skills...I want Lombardi trophies in Buffalo but I'd rather make sure they stay there rather than have to worry about players stealing them...or running over cops or beating up on women

The_Philster
11-08-2005, 07:14 PM
well that was the bum that replaced him in the big playoff game.
doesn't change the fact that people can't defend the runt without bringing up RJ...it's all political BS...mudslinging you see from politicians...avoiding the real issues

STAMPY
11-08-2005, 07:15 PM
no offense, but you'd take 53 prison convicts on the team if you liked their skills...I want Lombardi trophies in Buffalo but I'd rather make sure they stay there rather than have to worry about players stealing them...or running over cops or beating up on women

we aint priests. just win baby. im not God. i am not here to judge anybody. win at all costs. i don't care!

STAMPY
11-08-2005, 07:17 PM
like the greatest baseball team ever The 86 Coke and Baseball NY METS!

Darryl, Doc, Keith Lets Go

Nobody cares about sinners and angels. Just win

BAM
11-08-2005, 07:23 PM
doesn't change the fact that people can't defend the runt without bringing up RJ...it's all political BS...mudslinging you see from politicians...avoiding the real issues

what else do you want us to say? He had a winning attitude, he seemed to spark the offense for the most part, he helped keep your beloved Bills in Buffalo, he had a winning record, big heart, the last time we were in the playoffs, guess who the QB was that got us there?

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/nfl/2000/1102/photo/a_flutie_i.jpg

He's not God or anything, but I don't see why some of you feel the need to bash him all the time.

L.A. Playa
11-08-2005, 07:25 PM
I dont bash him all the time he played great for the Bills and that was great but as a human being I think he is an ass, and last night based on the situation that was a real stupid thing to do, but look down the list of the Super Bowl teams there wher a few players taht where asses that wouldnt get bashed like Flutie does.

STAMPY
11-08-2005, 07:27 PM
I dont bash him all the time he played great for the Bills and that was great but as a human being I think he is an ass, and last night based on the situation that was a real stupid thing to do, but look down the list of the Super Bowl teams there wher a few players taht where asses that wouldnt get bashed like Flutie does.

i think if holcomb or losman did that last night instead. Most of you guys would have laughed. Thought it showed he was great for trying to help his team even tho it was too late

L.A. Playa
11-08-2005, 07:28 PM
hell I have met Kobe Bryant and he is kinda arrogant and can act like an ass but since I am a Laker fan and I root for him even though all the Kobe, Shaq stuff wasnt his fault alot of people her fault him and I dont even think he is that bad for ****ing that white girl in the ass he just picked the wrong one

The_Philster
11-08-2005, 07:30 PM
W-L record isn't a QB stat and as far as bashing him all the time...if some people were to quit worshipping him and ignoring the fact that
1...he was a spotlight hog in 99...held onto the ball and ran instead of throwing to wide open WRs
2...locker room cancer..the only QB with a shred of decency we had on the team was AVP
3...he wrote his own ticket out of here...Williams was a control freak and for Flutie to basically say he wouldn't work within the WCO if he didn't like it was the same thing as saying "get rid of me"

I try not to get involved in this too much but it's ridiculous how people seem to still worship him as if he is God...hell, he's one of our worst enemies now

STAMPY
11-08-2005, 07:30 PM
hell I have met Kobe Bryant and he is kinda arrogant and can act like an ass but since I am a Laker fan and I root for him even though all the Kobe, Shaq stuff wasnt his fault alot of people her fault him and I dont even think he is that bad for ****ing that white girl in the ass he just picked the wrong one

:rofl: ha ha that was great!

L.A. Playa
11-08-2005, 07:32 PM
I would have thought any player period that would have done that last night down by 20 with less than a minute to go was stupid for doing it

TacklingDummy
11-08-2005, 07:36 PM
doesn't change the fact that people can't defend the runt without bringing up RJ...

Bills were 21-9 when Flutie started.

The Flutie lead Bills made the playoffs twice.

You were a RJ supporter and still are.

Enough said.

STAMPY
11-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Bills were 21-9 when Flutie started.
The Flutie lead Bills made the playoffs twice.
You were a RJ supporter and still are.
Enough said.

phil you def were a rj supporter. he is correct. i support all qb's that play for us. but i hated him cause i knew flutie gave us the best shot to win

The_Philster
11-08-2005, 07:45 PM
trolls are never correct..I gave up on hoping RJ would ever pan out early in his final season here

BAM
11-08-2005, 07:49 PM
I think we all agree that Flutie was far from God's gift to the Bills, but he didn't do bad at all during his career here.

BTW The RJ thing was a joke, Phil, I didn't mean to "personally attack" you, but you (and a bunch of others) seem to have it out for Flutie for some reason.

The_Philster
11-08-2005, 07:52 PM
I have it out for him because it sickens me that people ignore his faults so much...I rooted hard for him when he was here...but I wanted to choke him when he screwed up by ignoring his open WRs :mad:

STAMPY
11-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Doug Flutie is an example of a classic OVERACHIEVER... a guy without the physical tools of many, but had that extra HEART many don't have and made an impact in NFL Bottomline. You gotta respect that. I sure do and did.

TacklingDummy
11-08-2005, 07:56 PM
trolls are never correct..I gave up on hoping RJ would ever pan out early in his final season here

Oh how big of you to give up on RJ after 3 years.

Didn't you say something about personal attacks a few posts ago, H.E.?

The_Philster
11-08-2005, 07:56 PM
I respected it..I just don't respect players who want the spotlight more than the win and that's how he's acted

chernobylwraiths
11-08-2005, 08:00 PM
except when he held onto the ball and ran around like a chicken with its head cut off instead of throwing to wide-open WRs :curse: :mad:

If not for "the runt" we might be looking at a new Los Angeles team instead of our Bills and the Jills would be more plastic.

Must really suck to know that he had a big hand in helping save our franchise.

TacklingDummy
11-08-2005, 08:02 PM
Rob Johnson is the Bills "future". He will be in this league long after Flutie retires.

Rob has a rocket arm.

The_Philster
11-08-2005, 08:02 PM
If not for "the runt" we might be looking at a new Los Angeles team instead of our Bills and the Jills would be more plastic.

Must really suck to know that he had a big hand in helping save our franchise.
Did you read my posts in this thread other than the one you quoted? Because from the looks of your post, you didn't :peace:

chernobylwraiths
11-08-2005, 08:04 PM
you probably don't understand it because you didn't watch him closely enough...I remember there were numerous times in 99 that I saw Andre or Eric open downfield and the little runt runs instead of making the throw...all to get the attention focused on himself :down:

Yeah, I'm sure that's why he ran. :rolleyes:

YOU who supported Bledsoe can't see your vitrol as blind hatred?

The guy wasn't a great QB, but he helped make plays and we won more with him than not. ALL QBs miss wide open guys. Andre *****ed that Kelly missed him a lot too. Eric didn't ***** as much about DF because we were winning.

chernobylwraiths
11-08-2005, 08:06 PM
Did you read my posts in this thread other than the one you quoted? Because from the looks of your post, you didn't :peace:

I'm working on them, but your hatred of DF has always been aparent. You sound like the Bledsoe bashers when you talk about him. Did he snub your favorite Jill or something?

TacklingDummy
11-08-2005, 08:09 PM
ALL QBs miss wide open guys.

Like JP missed a wide open Moulds in the endzone during the first drive of the Atlanta game?

The_Philster
11-08-2005, 08:10 PM
Yeah, I'm sure that's why he ran. :rolleyes:that and the noodle arm

YOU who supported Bledsoe can't see your vitrol as blind hatred?just stating the facts...he pissed me off and to have people act as if he was the 2nd coming makes me sick

The guy wasn't a great QB, but he helped make plays and we won more with him than not.our top-ranked defense might have had a hand in that...
ALL QBs miss wide open guys. Andre *****ed that Kelly missed him a lot too. Eric didn't ***** as much about DF because we were winning.and I ***** no matter who the QB is who's screwing up for us....not just Flutie

The_Philster
11-08-2005, 08:11 PM
I'm working on them, but your hatred of DF has always been aparent. You sound like the Bledsoe bashers when you talk about him. Did he snub your favorite Jill or something?keep reading..i'm not gonna stay up all night repeating what I said to everyone :peace:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-08-2005, 08:14 PM
Amen.

How do you know that! you don't! Flutie could've thrown five interceptions in that game we will never know. All I can say is RJ won us that game it was the special teams that lost it for us on a fluke play that should've been called a forward latteral

Iehoshua
11-08-2005, 08:17 PM
Everyone dust off your #7 Flutie and wear it with pride! (no, not that Pride, the emotion).

http://espn.go.com/i/abcsports/mnf/1116/photo/a_flutie_hi.jpg

TacklingDummy
11-08-2005, 08:18 PM
Valerie loves DF. At the time (5 years ago or so) DF was with the Bills, the Jill stalker had a thing for Valerie. I think maybe he was jealous that Valerie liked DF.

Iehoshua
11-08-2005, 08:19 PM
How do you know that! you don't! Flutie could've thrown five interceptions in that game we will never know. All I can say is RJ won us that game it was the special teams that lost it for us on a fluke play that should've been called a forward latteral
How do you know we wouldn't have won? Maybe Flutie throws five touchdowns... It was the defense that put us in position to win, not RJ. Had Flutie started perhaps the offense, which had been led by Flutie nearly all season, would've clicked and scored more points.

The_Philster
11-08-2005, 08:22 PM
How do you know we wouldn't have won? Maybe Flutie throws five touchdowns... It was the defense that put us in position to win, not RJ. Had Flutie started perhaps the offense, which had been led by Flutie nearly all season, would've clicked and scored more points.
actually, if you read through his post, he didn't say we wouldn't have won...but to say we would've just because of Flutie is kinda silly...there's no way any of us can know that

TacklingDummy
11-08-2005, 08:24 PM
All I can say is RJ won us that game it was the special teams that lost it for us on a fluke play that should've been called a forward latteral

Safety+easy TD after Saftey= 9 points. How many the Bills lose by? Even with the MCM the Bills still would of won that game, if it was't for Robosack playing like crap.

Oh yeah but do you remember that run RJ had with 1 shoe on? That was amazing.

Buffalo passing
Rob Johnson 10-22 for 131 yards, 0 INT, 0 TD. 6 sacks.

chernobylwraiths
11-08-2005, 08:30 PM
I have it out for him because it sickens me that people ignore his faults so much...I rooted hard for him when he was here...but I wanted to choke him when he screwed up by ignoring his open WRs :mad:

You can look past a lot of faults when you win. Again, every QB misses wide open receivers and he was far from a great QB.

TacklingDummy
11-08-2005, 08:32 PM
Gotta love reps not signed.

Gunzlingr
11-08-2005, 08:37 PM
Damn, I didn't intend this to become a debate! I just made the comment that Flutie was being an ass in 1 minute of 1 game.

The_Philster
11-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Damn, I didn't intend this to become a debate! I just made the comment that Flutie was being an ass in 1 minute of 1 game.
You're a Bills fan and you didn't realize this would start a firestorm? :lol: Hell, TOS violations were even included in this one :spit:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-08-2005, 08:54 PM
here's some quotes Flutie said after being benched for RJ in the game against the Titans

"The thing that frustrates me more than anything is I've been waiting 10 years for this opportunity," Flutie said. "We've got a great football team. We've got the best defense in the league.
"We've got a real chance," Flutie said. "And this is the reason I came back ... and then all of a sudden you turn it over. That's the frustrating part for me."

"I saw it coming last year," he said. "I thought that's why they were starting Rob at New Orleans. But I'm paranoid about that stuff because I've been through it too many times ... going to the Pro Bowl last year, leading the team to the playoffs and going to training camp and being named co-starter."

and low and behold Moulds opens his big fat mouth up again here just like he did about Holcomb

"Both guys throw the ball well, so whoever they put in there, I just catch passes from," Bills receiver Eric Moulds said. "Of course Rob has a stronger arm and he's a little bit bigger quarterback."

"You should talk to my wife," Flutie said. "Basically she said 'I told you so' and can't wait for me to come home. I don't think my role with this team is through. We'll see how it plays out."
what a winer :rage:
and one quote by RJ
"I don't think the guys on the team care," Johnson said. "If you don't play well, they'll find somebody else. The team is confident in me right
now."
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/2000/playoffs/wc_afc_gm1/news/2000/01/05/flutie_upset_ap/index.html#more

chubluv
11-08-2005, 08:54 PM
I agree alot with what phil has been saying. Doug was a me guy first team guy second.

For some reason he reminds me of Brady. They both were winners in terms of their records, but IMHO I dont think either one is or was a great QB.

Iehoshua
11-08-2005, 09:05 PM
I agree alot with what phil has been saying. Doug was a me guy first team guy second.
For some reason he reminds me of Brady. They both were winners in terms of their records, but IMHO I dont think either one is or was a great QB.
You have a point that Flutie was decent but probably, due to immense heart, played above his head a lot of the time, and wasn't truly a very good QB in comparison to lots.

However, Brady is one of the best, if not the best QB ever to play the game. It's too just too bad he's a Patriot.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-08-2005, 09:23 PM
Everyone dust off your #7 Flutie and wear it with pride! (no, not that Pride, the emotion).
http://espn.go.com/i/abcsports/mnf/1116/photo/a_flutie_hi.jpg
:puke:

chubluv
11-08-2005, 09:25 PM
However, Brady is one of the best, if not the best QB ever to play the game. It's too just too bad he's a Patriot.

My opinion of Brady has nothing to do with the fact that he is a Patriot. I respect him & the Pats because they are winners, but that as faras it goes. Brady is plain and simple a system QB. Facts are when teams play a zone against him he picks them apart. Why because he was taught in Charlie Weiss's system to throw a quick slant to the slot WR. He does this about 75 % of the plays when you zone blitz him. ( I wish our QBs could read & recognize this and do the same) Lokk at what Weiss has done with Brady Quinn. The Kid sucked last year, Charlie goes in there puts his system in teaches Quinn the same things he taught TB and look at Quinn light the NCAA on fire.

If Brady is so great how come he couldnt keep his job against Drew Henson? or that it took an injury to Bledsoe for him to get a break.

Iehoshua
11-08-2005, 09:44 PM
If Brady is so great how come he couldnt keep his job against Drew Henson? or that it took an injury to Bledsoe for him to get a break.
If Brady is so bad, how does he have 3 Superbowl rings and a career qb rating of 88.6? Keep in mind he's NEVER had an elite receiver to throw to, whereas greats like Montana had Jerry Rice, Kelly had Andre Reed, Marino had Irving Fryar, and so on. How many of Brady's receivers in the past or currently are as good as any one of those?

Perhaps Brady wasn't as good in college, but he's definitely one of the best currently, period.

STAMPY
11-08-2005, 11:41 PM
Tom Brady is the best QB in NFL... I hate him but he is the best and most clutch

justasportsfan
11-09-2005, 07:30 AM
W-L record isn't a QB stat and as far as bashing him all the time...if some people were to quit worshipping him and ignoring the fact that
1...he was a spotlight hog in 99...held onto the ball and ran instead of throwing to wide open WRs
2...locker room cancer..the only QB with a shred of decency we had on the team was AVP
3...he wrote his own ticket out of here...Williams was a control freak and for Flutie to basically say he wouldn't work within the WCO if he didn't like it was the same thing as saying "get rid of me"

I try not to get involved in this too much but it's ridiculous how people seem to still worship him as if he is God...hell, he's one of our worst enemies now
no one is worshipping DF here. You are hating on the guy more than anyone here worships him. Everytime someone posts about Flutie , your blood boils. When someone says anything about RJ you barely say anything to blast the guy even though he was worse than DF on the field and blasted the city of Buffalo. The guy even rented a hotel room by the airport and couldn't wait to get out of buffalo. The first player to leave when the season ended. Talk about me,me,me,. Even blamed his own OL.

You ain't fooling me Phil. You hate the guy because he made your boy RJ look like a fool. You want to talk about how he ran even when a wr was open? You don't say anything when Rob would rather take a sack when a wr was open.

Flutie was the best qb since Kelly and even if he was a me type of player, it's what made him click. He was even right in saying if GW's plays don't work he'll call his own. :snicker: Your constant whining about flutie and not doing so when Rob is the subject just proves to everyone you're still a Johnsonite.

mysticsoto
11-09-2005, 07:35 AM
Tom Brady is the best QB in NFL... I hate him but he is the best and most clutch

This is your opinion. Personally, I think P. Manning is the best QB out there. I love his "Attack! Attack!". He got 5 free yards out of a well disciplined team like NE and forced them to waste a timeout in the 2nd half b'cse of it. And that's all Manning!!!