PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy DB kills 2 people

Novacane
01-15-2003, 01:35 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0114/1492838.html

Dozerdog
01-15-2003, 01:41 PM
I just love it when fish fans try to excuse Ricky Williams' actions when he gets nailed for speeding.

"Oh, he's not hurting anybody..."

Well, do we have to wait until something like this happends?

Ebenezer
01-15-2003, 02:06 PM
Excuse me while I climb on my soapbox...

115??? What a stupid arse.

Cntrygal
01-15-2003, 06:39 PM
It's sickening!

:madfire:

PA Season Ticket Holder
01-15-2003, 11:28 PM
I hope they lock him up for a long time.

Sabre Ally
01-15-2003, 11:44 PM
Would it be possible to put the first couple paragraphs of the article, or at least a sentence or two explaining it, in the original post? ESPN's popups are annoying.

The_Philster
01-16-2003, 04:45 AM
DALLAS -- Cowboys reserve defensive back Dwayne Goodrich surrendered to police Tuesday night on felony charges in a hit-and-run accident that killed two people and injured two others.

Police said Goodrich was the lone occupant of a car that allegedly slammed into a wreck site at an estimated 110 mph earlier Tuesday on a North Dallas freeway. Two motorists who were trying to rescue a man from a burning car were struck and killed.

Goodrich faced two manslaughter charges and was booked into Lew Sterrett Justice Center, where he was held in lieu of $50,000 in bonds, Sgt. Hollis Edwards told reporters at Dallas police headquarters.......

ublinkwescore
01-20-2003, 01:24 AM
Oh well, at least he's on the right team - I heard that the Cowboys were the only team that coach the finer points of courtroom ettiquette.

Cntrygal
01-23-2003, 09:34 PM
Investigators collected blood and hair samples from a car owned by Dallas Cowboys player Dwayne Goodrich, who is accused in a hit-and-run accident that killed two good Samaritans.

Court records made public Wednesday show that investigators collected samples from a point of impact in the center of the windshield of the backup cornerback's car.

Tissue and hair were also found underneath weather stripping near the windshield, and fiber and hair were found near the right headlight, the records indicate. They stated that fragments of glass with blood were collected from the right dashboard.

more... about half way down page... (http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6145552)

PA Season Ticket Holder
02-19-2003, 01:09 AM
DALLAS -- A man who was injured in a hit-and-run accident sued Dallas Cowboys defensive back Dwayne Goodrich on Tuesday, accusing Goodrich of failing to control his vehicle.

Goodrich has been charged with two counts of manslaughter and three counts of failure to stop and render aid in connection with the Jan. 14 accident that left two men dead.

The lawsuit was filed by Shuki Josef of Dallas, who sustained a crushed left ankle and other injuries. Josef is seeking $37 million in damages.

In the lawsuit, Josef accuses Goodrich of failing to control his vehicle in a safe manner, driving at a high rate of speed and negligence.

Goodrich is accused of driving through a fiery accident scene, hitting three men who had stopped to help.

Goodrich, a backup cornerback, said he initially thought he had struck only debris from an accident on Interstate 35. He also has expressed remorse for the deaths of Demont Matthews and Joseph Wood.

Police said the accident happened just after 2 a.m. while Goodrich was on his way home from a topless nightclub.

Attempts to reach Goodrich for comment were unsuccessful. His telephone number is unlisted.

LINK (http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0218/1511009.html)

northernbillfan
02-19-2003, 03:07 AM
What gets me, is how they can come up with figure like $37 million. Ive heard of local lawsuits for injuries sustained in an accident, settling for two or three hundred grand, but 37 Million!

The_Philster
02-19-2003, 06:22 AM
The wonders of the legal system. Always take what you would think you should get and multiply that number by itself.

Sabre Ally
02-19-2003, 02:01 PM
Yeah, but he should get something. I don't agree with the $37M, but I'm much more upset about the reason for the suit. What kind of idiot would just keep driving in a situation like that? I mean, come on. He KILLED two people because of his own negligence.

HotRod
02-22-2003, 09:16 AM
I agree with you Sabre Ally.

MissBuffalo
02-22-2003, 05:15 PM
I also agree with Ally and HotRod. IMO the only reason he's suing for $37 mill. is because Goodrich is a pro. athelete making tons of money.

SABURZFAN
02-22-2003, 08:19 PM
that's rediculous.$37 million?????yeah...right....

The_Philster
08-18-2003, 07:41 PM
DALLAS (AP) -- Relatives of two men killed in a hit-and-run crash by former Dallas Cowboys player Dwayne Goodrich urged jurors Monday to consider their suffering when debating his punishment.

The prosecution testimony came after the defense urged jurors to give Goodrich probation.

Goodrich was convicted Friday of criminally negligent homicide. Originally charged with manslaughter, he was convicted of the lesser offense in the deaths of the men in a hit-and-run accident in January. The punishment phase began Monday....

more (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/news/2003/08/18/goodrich_trial_ap/)

WG
08-18-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Cntrygal
It's sickening!

:madfire:

You got that right!

Send the boy to jail for 20! See how he likes playin' TE for a while! Maybe that'll jog some brains loose that he can start usin'!

These athletes, WTH are they thinkin'! 115 is just plain idiocy in a crowded area. Heck, I think 90 is fast/fun when it's a straight stretch of interstate w/ half a mile of visibility and little or no traffic.

The_Philster
08-19-2003, 08:53 PM
DALLAS (AP) -- DALLAS (AP) -- Former Dallas Cowboy Dwayne Goodrich was sentenced Tuesday to 71/2 years in prison and fined $20,000 in the hit-and-run deaths of two good Samaritans.

The former Tennessee star was convicted of criminally negligent homicide Friday in the deaths of Joby Wood, 21, and Demont Matthews, 23. The Plano men were hit by Goodrich's BMW as they were trying to rescue a motorist from a burning car on Jan. 14 on Interstate 35.

Goodrich's attorneys expected him to post $150,000 bond by Tuesday night and be released pending an appeal that could take several months and is not expected to begin before Jan. 1....more (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/football/nfl/08/19/bc.fbn.goodrichtrial.ap/index.html)

Valerie
08-19-2003, 09:08 PM
:wail: This is one of the MAIN reasons I am no longer a die hard Cowboy fan. There are too many damn criminals on this team. It breaks my heart! :(

I hope this guy rots in hell! Right next to Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder.

Cntrygal
08-23-2003, 04:17 AM
Am I the only one who wonders why former Dallas Cowboys player Dwayne Goodrich walks free?

Wasn't he found guilty of "criminally negligent homicide" in a hit-and-run accident by a jury of his peers? Didn't the jury give him 71/2 years in prison?

more... (http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/opinion/6600825.htm)