X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Cowboy DB kills 2 people

Cowboys reserve defensive back Dwayne Goodrich surrendered to police late Tuesday in connection with a high-speed hit-and-run accident that killed two people and injured two others on a freeway.
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I just love it when fish fans try to excuse Ricky Williams' actions when he gets nailed for speeding.

"Oh, he's not hurting anybody..."

Well, do we have to wait until something like this happends?

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Excuse me while I climb on my soapbox...

115??? What a stupid arse.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Cntrygal
        Visually stunning but camera-shy.
        • Jul 2002

It's sickening!

:madfire:
        Originally posted by notacon
        The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• PA Season Ticket Holder
          You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
          • Jul 2002

I hope they lock him up for a long time.

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home

Comment

• Sabre Ally
            • Jul 2002

Would it be possible to put the first couple paragraphs of the article, or at least a sentence or two explaining it, in the original post? ESPN's popups are annoying.

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

DALLAS -- Cowboys reserve defensive back Dwayne Goodrich surrendered to police Tuesday night on felony charges in a hit-and-run accident that killed two people and injured two others.

Police said Goodrich was the lone occupant of a car that allegedly slammed into a wreck site at an estimated 110 mph earlier Tuesday on a North Dallas freeway. Two motorists who were trying to rescue a man from a burning car were struck and killed.

Goodrich faced two manslaughter charges and was booked into Lew Sterrett Justice Center, where he was held in lieu of $50,000 in bonds, Sgt. Hollis Edwards told reporters at Dallas police headquarters.
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                Sab and TD are insignificant
                • Sep 2002

Oh well, at least he's on the right team - I heard that the Cowboys were the only team that coach the finer points of courtroom ettiquette.
                www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Cntrygal
                  Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                  • Jul 2002

Investigators collected blood and hair samples from a car owned by Dallas Cowboys player Dwayne Goodrich, who is accused in a hit-and-run accident that killed two good Samaritans.

Court records made public Wednesday show that investigators collected samples from a point of impact in the center of the windshield of the backup cornerback's car.

Tissue and hair were also found underneath weather stripping near the windshield, and fiber and hair were found near the right headlight, the records indicate. They stated that fragments of glass with blood were collected from the right dashboard.

more... about half way down page...
                  Originally posted by notacon
                  The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• PA Season Ticket Holder
                    You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
                    • Jul 2002

Man with crushed ankle seeks $37 million in damages

DALLAS -- A man who was injured in a hit-and-run accident sued Dallas Cowboys defensive back Dwayne Goodrich on Tuesday, accusing Goodrich of failing to control his vehicle.

Goodrich has been charged with two counts of manslaughter and three counts of failure to stop and render aid in connection with the Jan. 14 accident that left two men dead.

The lawsuit was filed by Shuki Josef of Dallas, who sustained a crushed left ankle and other injuries. Josef is seeking $37 million in damages.

In the lawsuit, Josef accuses Goodrich of failing to control his vehicle in a safe manner, driving at a high rate of speed and negligence.

Goodrich is accused of driving through a fiery accident scene, hitting three men who had stopped to help.

Goodrich, a backup cornerback, said he initially thought he had struck only debris from an accident on Interstate 35. He also has expressed remorse for the deaths of Demont Matthews and Joseph Wood.

Police said the accident happened just after 2 a.m. while Goodrich was on his way home from a topless nightclub.

Attempts to reach Goodrich for comment were unsuccessful. His telephone number is unlisted.

LINK

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home

Comment

• northernbillfan
                      Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

What gets me, is how they can come up with figure like $37 million. Ive heard of local lawsuits for injuries sustained in an accident, settling for two or three hundred grand, but 37 Million!
                      When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

The wonders of the legal system. Always take what you would think you should get and multiply that number by itself.
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Sabre Ally
                          • Jul 2002

Yeah, but he should get something. I don't agree with the $37M, but I'm much more upset about the reason for the suit. What kind of idiot would just keep driving in a situation like that? I mean, come on. He KILLED two people because of his own negligence.

Comment

• HotRod
                            Addicted to squares...
                            • Oct 2002

I agree with you Sabre Ally.

Comment

• MissBuffalo
                              Quiddity
                              • Jul 2002

I also agree with Ally and HotRod. IMO the only reason he's suing for $37 mill. is because Goodrich is a pro. athelete making tons of money.
                              See me here pushing you
                              If I then deny I do
                              Contemplate or wish away
                              If I ask you not to stay

Comment

Working...
                              X