PDA

View Full Version : Officials complain league is hanging them out to dry

Novacane
01-15-2003, 01:40 PM
......"Morale right now is the lowest it has ever been since I've been in the league," one veteran game official, who like others spoke on condition of anonymity, told The Times. "There is just massive confusion right now. There is also disgust with the league office. They are hanging us out to dry when they are completely aware of the problems that exist."

The problem is they are a bunch of incompetent morons.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0115/1493069.html

lordofgun
01-15-2003, 01:53 PM
I hope they all quit.

Doc
01-15-2003, 01:57 PM
The NFL is no longer protecting their incompetence. Before this year you never heard about these memos being sent to teams after games telling them how the refs screwed up. It's also not like the NFL didn't give them a tool (IR) which they STILL can't use correctly and circumvent by blowing quick whistles. Make them full-timers and have them train like the athletes do, to make them physically and mentally sharper.

MissBuffalo
01-15-2003, 01:58 PM
Agreed BTR46. They need to start owning up to the huge mistakes they are making and not try to pawn them off onto someone else.

Dozerdog
01-15-2003, 02:02 PM
They need full timers.

There is enough work in Europe, pre season training camps, and the NFL season to keep them busy 9-10 months a year.

The off months they can eat carrots and improve their eye sight

LtBillsFan66
01-15-2003, 02:02 PM
There are too many friggin rules and the more rules the more loopholes. They should try and simplify a bit.

Like the new rule about a receiver having to make a “football move” before having possession. The one that screwed us against GB.

Doc
01-15-2003, 02:15 PM
No what screwed the Bills was the quick whistle and a ref BEHIND the play making the call. Green more than made a "football move" and there was no reason for the ref to blow the play dead and make it unreviewable, except to cover his own incompetence.

Ebenezer
01-15-2003, 02:20 PM
Give me $75,000 and I'll be a full time ref...I would spend March to May...12 solid weeks just getting in shape.

Buffarama
01-15-2003, 02:42 PM
Honestly, the replacements were much better than these guys. Todays refs control the game too much and don't make sensible calls.

BillsNYC
01-15-2003, 02:59 PM
these guys are all lawyers and professionals....i said they should have dropped them when they striked!

don137
01-15-2003, 04:36 PM
I feel the refs should be more accountable. Screw them if they feel the league is pressuring them. Maybe they should realize people take the NFL seriously and to referee in the NFL you should have it has your full-time job.

RedEyE
01-15-2003, 05:11 PM
Mistakes happen now and again, but these officials have standardized mistakes in pro football. I could give a rat's a$$ how low their morale is. Fact is, if they performed more accurately, they wouldn't find themselves under this type of scrutiny.

TigerJ
01-15-2003, 07:55 PM
No sympathy here. Football has become a game of wondering how the refs will screw up next.

LtBillsFan66
01-15-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
No sympathy here. Football has become a game of wondering how the refs will screw up next.

No kidding! After every good play, you have to pray for no flag. I'm always looking for the yellow icon by the score and time. It should not be that way!

Fat Tony
01-15-2003, 09:24 PM
You get what you pay for!:D

Cntrygal
01-15-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
The problem is they are a bunch of incompetent morons.

Originally posted by lordofgun
I hope they all quit.

Originally posted by Doc
The NFL is no longer protecting their incompetence. Before this year you never heard about these memos being sent to teams after games telling them how the refs screwed up.

Originally posted by MissBuffalo
Agreed BTR46. They need to start owning up to the huge mistakes they are making and not try to pawn them off onto someone else.

Originally posted by RedEyE
Mistakes happen now and again, but these officials have standardized mistakes in pro football. I could give a rat's a$$ how low their morale is. Fact is, if they performed more accurately, they wouldn't find themselves under this type of scrutiny.

Originally posted by TigerJ

Originally posted by BillsFanOne
No kidding! After every good play, you have to pray for no flag. I'm always looking for the yellow icon by the score and time. It should not be that way!

WONDERFUL STATEMENTS EVERYONE!!!!!!!! I agree with all of ya!!!!!

LtBillsFan66
01-15-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Fat Tony

:$:

WG
01-15-2003, 09:44 PM
Ditto Cntry!!! Lots of love for these guys here...

:lol:

Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
......"Morale right now is the lowest it has ever been since I've been in the league," one veteran game official, who like others spoke on condition of anonymity, told The Times. "There is just massive confusion right now. There is also disgust with the league office. They are hanging us out to dry when they are completely aware of the problems that exist."

Oh BOO HOO HOO...! :lol:

Originally posted by Dozerdog
They need full timers.

There is enough work in Europe, pre season training camps, and the NFL season to keep them busy 9-10 months a year.

The off months they can eat carrots and improve their eye sight

I thought one of the requisites was two glass eyes...! :D

Originally posted by BillsNYC
these guys are all lawyers and professionals....i said they should have dropped them when they striked!

Well, that explains it then, eh. Get rid of the ones who are lawyers and you'll likely fix the problem.

How can you tell if a Lawyer is lying?

His lips are moving!

:D

The_Philster
01-15-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Fat Tony

That's just it. They're getting a good paycheck from the NFL in addition to their regular jobs. We're not getting what the league has paid for.

WG
01-15-2003, 09:59 PM
It's simple, they should institute a fine system for bumbling calls.

If they can fine Andre Reed as the official stands spread eagle over him for "bumping the official" then they can certainly fine the officials for blundering call after call after call often when they are right on top of them.

They need to just clean house and get rid of half these guys, institute an age limit like 50 or so, and get some turnover. I'm not age-discriminating but you gotta figure that it takes a lot of energy to run all over that field and exhaustion translates mentally as well. That much is obvious with these clowns.

Dozerdog
01-15-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

That's just it. They're getting a good paycheck from the NFL in addition to their regular jobs. We're not getting what the league has paid for.

I think you missed the Joke-

FA TONY getswhat HE paid for! :rolleyes:

Cntrygal
01-15-2003, 10:30 PM
Is Tony paying...errrr I mean "rooting" for a Raider/Eagles SB?

:D