X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Officials complain league is hanging them out to dry

......"Morale right now is the lowest it has ever been since I've been in the league," one veteran game official, who like others spoke on condition of anonymity, told The Times. "There is just massive confusion right now. There is also disgust with the league office. They are hanging us out to dry when they are completely aware of the problems that exist."

The problem is they are a bunch of incompetent morons.

NFL officials have come under heavy scrutiny in the last few weeks in the wake of a couple of controversial calls in the NFL playoffs. However, one game official now says the league is 'hanging us out to dry.'
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I hope they all quit.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Doc
      • Dec 2002

The NFL is no longer protecting their incompetence. Before this year you never heard about these memos being sent to teams after games telling them how the refs screwed up. It's also not like the NFL didn't give them a tool (IR) which they STILL can't use correctly and circumvent by blowing quick whistles. Make them full-timers and have them train like the athletes do, to make them physically and mentally sharper.

Comment

• MissBuffalo
        Quiddity
        • Jul 2002

Agreed BTR46. They need to start owning up to the huge mistakes they are making and not try to pawn them off onto someone else.
        See me here pushing you
        If I then deny I do
        Contemplate or wish away
        If I ask you not to stay

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

They need full timers.

There is enough work in Europe, pre season training camps, and the NFL season to keep them busy 9-10 months a year.

The off months they can eat carrots and improve their eye sight

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
            • Jul 2002

There are too many friggin rules and the more rules the more loopholes. They should try and simplify a bit.

Like the new rule about a receiver having to make a “football move” before having possession. The one that screwed us against GB.

Comment

• Doc
              • Dec 2002

No what screwed the Bills was the quick whistle and a ref BEHIND the play making the call. Green more than made a "football move" and there was no reason for the ref to blow the play dead and make it unreviewable, except to cover his own incompetence.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Give me $75,000 and I'll be a full time ref...I would spend March to May...12 solid weeks just getting in shape.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Buffarama
                  Football-Sport of the Gods
                  • Jul 2002

Honestly, the replacements were much better than these guys. Todays refs control the game too much and don't make sensible calls.

Comment

• BillsNYC
                    Man of the People
                    • Jul 2002

these guys are all lawyers and professionals....i said they should have dropped them when they striked!
                    Thank you.

Comment

• don137
                      • Jul 2002

I feel the refs should be more accountable. Screw them if they feel the league is pressuring them. Maybe they should realize people take the NFL seriously and to referee in the NFL you should have it has your full-time job.

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

Mistakes happen now and again, but these officials have standardized mistakes in pro football. I could give a rat's a$$ how low their morale is. Fact is, if they performed more accurately, they wouldn't find themselves under this type of scrutiny.
                        Last edited by RedEyE; 01-15-2003, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

No sympathy here. Football has become a game of wondering how the refs will screw up next.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
                            No sympathy here. Football has become a game of wondering how the refs will screw up next.
                            No kidding! After every good play, you have to pray for no flag. I'm always looking for the yellow icon by the score and time. It should not be that way!

Comment

• Fat Tony
                              • Sep 2002

You get what you pay for!

Comment

Working...
                              X