PDA

View Full Version : TOM CLEMENTS WANTS TO FLY WITH THE OWLS!

Mitchy moo
11-09-2005, 05:46 AM
Bills coach said to interest Owls
Philadelphia Inquirer reports: 'Sources with knowledge of the situation said yesterday that Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator Tom Clements has applied for Temple's head football coaching job.'

Pride
11-09-2005, 07:10 AM
Thank god!

don137
11-09-2005, 07:12 AM
:dance2: :bigwave: :bf1:

Novacane
11-09-2005, 07:14 AM
Please let him get the job :pray:

Turf
11-09-2005, 07:25 AM
Thank You God.

MTBillsFan
11-09-2005, 08:29 AM
This would be a good thing...Go Temple?!

Gunzlingr
11-09-2005, 08:33 AM
:clap:

Michael82
11-09-2005, 08:51 AM
Let's go Temple! Please take that idiot out of here! :pray:

Jeff1220
11-09-2005, 08:54 AM
Look out Big East. Temple's 'O' will soon become a totally unpredictable trick play machine. :rolleyes:

Mitchy moo
11-09-2005, 09:00 AM
Look out Big East. Temple's 'O' will soon become a totally unpredictable trick play machine. :rolleyes:

:coocoo:

Jersey1031
11-09-2005, 09:25 AM
Temple is def not in the BIG EAST, they're an independant team like Notre Dame...

IA Independents >> Stats | Schedule | Standings
Army >> Stats | Schedule | Roster
Navy >> Stats | Schedule | Roster
Notre Dame >> Stats | Schedule | Roster
Temple >> Stats | Schedule | Roster

DraftBoy
11-09-2005, 09:37 AM
Na Na Na Na,
Na Na Na Na,
Hey Hey Hey,
GOOD-BYE!

Dont let the door hit ya on the way out....

:pray: GO TEMPLE!

madness
11-09-2005, 10:13 AM
:link:

RedEyE
11-09-2005, 10:41 AM
Maybe he'll take Mularkey on as an assitant?

bills&sabresmvf
11-09-2005, 10:48 AM
Or Maybe we'll have a new coordinator in here and our offense will have to learn a new system, another year to get used to it

Captain Obvious
11-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Why does he want to go from being a OC in the NFL to being HC for the Temple Owls? I could see a OC leaving the NFL to be the HC at Notre Dame but not Temple.

Michael82
11-09-2005, 10:56 AM
:link:
It's one that you need to register for. Here's the story and link....

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/13116749.htm

Tom Clements, Buffalo's offensive coordinator, has applied for the top Temple job, sources say.

Sources with knowledge of the situation said yesterday that Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator Tom Clements has applied for Temple's head football coaching job.

Whether Clements has already spoken with school officials was unknown, but he is the kind of candidate that may be slowing the university's search for Bobby Wallace's successor.

Wallace, who is in the last year of his contract, announced in early October that he would not seek a new deal. That gave Temple an opportunity to get its search started, but athletic director Bill Bradshaw spoke last week about the difficulty of meeting with coaches who are still involved in the day-to-day operations of their current teams.

Bradshaw, who hopes to have a new coach in place by Dec. 1, declined yesterday to comment about Clements or any other possible candidate.

Clements seems to be eminently qualified to take over a program that hasn't had a winning season since 1990. A senior all-American quarterback at Notre Dame in 1974, Clements was in charge last season when Buffalo increased its scoring output by 152 points in his first year with the team.

A licensed attorney who was inducted into the Canadian Football League Hall of Fame in 1994 after a 12-year CFL career, Clements has also served as quarterbacks coach at Notre Dame (1992-95) and in the NFL with New Orleans (1997-99), Kansas City (2000) and Pittsburgh (2001-03).

Bruce Arians, a former Owls coach who was considered by some sources to be among the leading candidates for the job, has taken his name out of contention, sources said. He is the wide-receivers coach for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Other sources also indicated that Baltimore Ravens quarterbacks coach Rick Neuheisel, who coached Colorado and Washington, has removed himself from the picture.

John Latina, an assistant under Arians at Temple for six seasons, remains an intriguing possibility for the Owls. He is an assistant coach at Notre Dame. With Gene Corrigan, the Temple consultant in the search, having worked as the athletic director at Notre Dame, Clements and Latina may have an inside track.

Meanwhile, football recruiting at Temple is at a standstill. The contact period begins Dec. 1.

"We had six days during the season, but we did not use those," Wallace said, referring to off-campus recruiting opportunities. "We will have some evaluations ready, but the administration told us they didn't want us out recruiting. They want to save the budget for the new guy coming in. It makes sense, because the new guy will have to go see the players anyway, and it would have been a waste. Bill has to move as fast as he can for when recruiting starts again."

ParanoidAndroid
11-09-2005, 10:57 AM
He's had a year and a half to install a new system and still doesn't have all the players he needs. (O-line, developing QB, TE.)
Frankly, I'd rather he stayed, because it looks to me like the offense is starting to take shape.
We're eating up clock. All we need to do now is get better in the red zone.

Captain Obvious
11-09-2005, 11:13 AM
Is there any chance hes looking to leave Buffalo because of Losman? Maybe deep down he knows Losman will be a bust and an abject failure. Somebody tell me I'm just being paranoid and I have an active imagination.

Michael82
11-09-2005, 11:58 AM
Is there any chance hes looking to leave Buffalo because of Losman? Maybe deep down he knows Losman will be a bust and an abject failure. Somebody tell me I'm just being paranoid and I have an active imagination.
:ill:

Captain Obvious
11-09-2005, 12:12 PM
:ill:

Sorry Mikey. I had to bring it up. Not every QB drafted in the 1st round is a success. Of course it would help to find out if JP was on the field playing, as opposed to sitting on the bench.

Historian
11-09-2005, 12:42 PM
I would rather see him sleeping with the fishes...

Mitchy moo
11-09-2005, 04:15 PM
I would rather see him sleeping with the fishes...

How come i'm not on your list??

buffalofan19
11-09-2005, 04:28 PM
Temple is def not in the BIG EAST, they're an independant team like Notre Dame...

IA Independents >> Stats | Schedule | Standings
Army >> Stats | Schedule | Roster
Navy >> Stats | Schedule | Roster
Notre Dame >> Stats | Schedule | Roster
Temple >> Stats | Schedule | Roster

Temple is joining the Mid American Conference (MAC) as a football-only school. That's the same conference as UB, for those who didn't know. Temple is also winless this year as well as UB.

Jan Reimers
11-09-2005, 05:19 PM
Or Maybe we'll have a new coordinator in here and our offense will have to learn a new system, another year to get used to it
We have an offensive system?

jpdex12
11-09-2005, 07:42 PM
We have an offensive system?

Man, what does that say about TC if they don't hire him?:teary:

Turf
11-09-2005, 09:03 PM

Priceless acute clarity.
TD has his new excuse next year. A 2nd year QB Losman, who's really a rookie and a new offensive system. Every year there's a rookie here to blame.

Maybe if Clements leaves early enough this year, he can prepare for his first halftime adjustment next year.

chubluv
11-09-2005, 11:51 PM
Temple is the only team worse then the UB Bulls in divison 1a !!!!

Devin
11-09-2005, 11:59 PM
Dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Adios douchebag.

vicmantak
11-10-2005, 01:54 AM
LOL!

Or maybe it would be better if we'll have Williams and Mularkey back to their real jobs... COORDINATION.... NOT STRATEGY.

Mitchy moo
11-10-2005, 09:51 AM
LOL!

Or maybe it would be better if we'll have Williams and Mularkey back to their real jobs... COORDINATION.... NOT STRATEGY.

They def. need to be doing that!

Mr. Cynical
11-10-2005, 04:47 PM
:bigwave:

Demon
11-11-2005, 04:27 PM
The sooner he leaves the sooner we'll have an offense again.