View Full Version : It turned out to be Sabres' lucky day

Don Cherry
01-15-2003, 02:56 PM
Wednesday, January 15, 2003

http://www.canoe.ca/EdmontonSports/es.es-01-15-0092.html

It turned out to be Sabres' lucky day
Credit approved; they don't owe Canucks $442,199

By AP

BUFFALO, New York -- A day after the Buffalo Sabres filed for bankruptcy, a judge approved a $10-million US line of credit yesterday that the team can use for operating expenses.

Judge Michael J. Kaplan approved the credit, which acts as a revolving line, meaning the Sabres will have revenue coming in and money to expend, said Dan Brown, a lawyer for Erie County.

In court papers, the Sabres list more than 1,000 creditors. The fourth-biggest creditor, the Vancouver Canucks, said yesterday the Sabres do not owe them the $442,199 listed for an unspecified contract.

After looking into the situation Monday, Canucks president and GM Brian Burke said it likely related to a back payment Buffalo owed Alexander Mogilny after a 1995 trade sent him to Vancouver for Michael Peca, Mike Wilson and a first-round draft pick in 1995 (Jay McKee).

"I've reviewed the trade memo and it's clear to me that it's not money owed to us and so all I can say, all I conclude, is it's a mistake," Burke said.

"We expect the league to rectify this."

Earthquake Enyart
01-15-2003, 03:01 PM
Damn Adelphia accountants.

Sabre Ally
01-15-2003, 05:10 PM
Wow. That is awesome.

SkateZilla
01-15-2003, 09:27 PM
the 400 thou was for the Nitro System On the Zamboni :)

and the 8,000 Life size cardboard cut outs of various people to put int hte seats from when they were losing 12 at a time.,