Holy Toledo, somebody maybe getting T.O. even faster!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Holy Toledo, somebody maybe getting T.O. even faster!

NFLPA wants Eagles to cut Owens

NEW YORK -- The NFL Players Association wants the Philadelphia Eagles to cut Terrell Owens if they're not going to reinstate him after his four-game suspension is over.

We're not asking them to play him, we can't force them to do that," Gene Upshaw, the NFLPA's executive director, said Wednesday. "But if they're not going to let him come back to practice and do all the other things associated with that, then we want them to cut him, let him become a free agent now."
    The union already has appealed the four-game suspension levied on the wide receiver by the Eagles for what coach Andy Reid called "a large number of situations that accumulated over a long period of time."

If the NFL Players Association has its way, Terrell Owens will have a shot at playing football again this season, a key union official told ESPN's Chris Mortensen on background.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Holy Toledo, somebody maybe getting T.O. even faster!

Union to Eagles: Reinstate T.O., or cut him

Wide receiver's suspension appeal will be heard by arbitrator Nov. 18

Rusty Kennedy / AP
    Philadelphia Eagles receiver Terrell Owens speaks with the media about his four-game suspension.

Updated: 5:37 p.m. ET Nov. 9, 2005

NEW YORK - The NFL Players Association wants the Philadelphia Eagles to cut Terrell Owens if they’re not going to reinstate him after his four-game suspension is over.
    “We’re not asking them to play him, we can’t force them to do that,” Gene Upshaw, the NFLPA’s executive director, said Wednesday. “But if they’re not going to let him come back to practice and do all the other things associated with that, then we want them to cut him, let him become a free agent now.”
    The union already has appealed the four-game suspension levied on the wide receiver by the Eagles for what coach Andy Reid called “a large number of situations that accumulated over a long period of time.”

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

Upshaw doesn't want to call Reid's hand. If the Union appeal makes the Eagles let Owens on the practice field and back in the locker room, than Reid could be a raging dick, and just let him ride pine all season.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

The arrogant, selfish, big mouthed jerk made his bed. Let him sleep in it.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

If they let this SOB go play for another team, what type of message will this send throughout the league? I don't like how my coach treated me so I am going to get everybody P.O'd and jump ship to a contender. When they went 13-3 last year he loved it there in Philly, hard time now tougher division, let's jump ship and find a new, better team this year.

It will create anarchy and a complete lack of respect for coaches and discipline. I now hate Drew Rosenhaus, freaking lawyers and their dirty tricks always screw things up.

Try leasing a Car in NY now, goodluck.

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

I think they should let him go myself. If they aren't going to use him then they are just punishing him and it's not right for an employer to do that kind of thing no matter who the employee is. Cut him now and sever all ties...let another team that wants to put up with the headache (if there is anyone) pick him up and let him play. It would be funny to see him sit on the free agent market and no have anyone pick him up.

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

you also have to remember that he's still made his bed so to speak....I highly doubt anyone is going to pay him the money so he's going to have to play for peanuts. It's highly likely if he gets a contract it's going to be backloaded or strictly incentive based. So no matter what he does he's screwed himself at this point.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

I agree. They should be forced to cut him if they don't plan on using him.

There are alot of other footbal players out there who have done worse things then what TO has done.

And TO has a right to use his freedom of speech.

Comment

• Iehoshua
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                  There are alot of other footbal players out there who have done worse things then what TO has done.

Agreed.
                  Then we can sign him!

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                    I know that's something rosenjerk said and I have to agree as well...if they are going to single out and make an example of TO because of his big mouth and leave the murderers, rapists and wife beaters alone I think it's time they took a long hard look at themselves.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                      I know that's something rosenjerk said and I have to agree as well...if they are going to single out and make an example of TO because of his big mouth and leave the murderers, rapists and wife beaters alone I think it's time they took a long hard look at themselves.
                      I agree 100%

TO to Buffalo. Has a good sound to it.

And I wouldn't complain at all if TO scored 20 TDs in a season and a half for Buffalo. And once he scored his first TD for Buffalo every Bills fan thats against TO wouldn't care what he said about Jeff Garcia and McNabb either.

Comment

• Iehoshua
                        • Jan 2003

Let's lead the campaign, TacklingMan!

Bring T.O. to Buffalo!

Comment

• G. Host
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2002

Eagles own the rights to T.O. If they choose to stick him on the bench that is their right as long as they are paying his salary. Eagles should be able to sue T.O. for damages as well recovering salary and bonus.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

What damages?

He didn't pull a Ricky and retire because he liked to smoke weed.

Comment

• HAMMER
                              I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                              • Jul 2003

The Eagles will not let TO go during the season, would you when ATL is drooling over him and they are the team to beat in the NFC? NOT.

Comment

Working...
                              X