T.O. & his JO lawyer may really wreck the league!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

T.O. & his JO lawyer may really wreck the league!

If they let this SOB go play for another team, what type of message will this send throughout the league? I don't like how my coach treated me so I am going to get everybody P.O'd and jump ship to a contender. When they went 13-3 last year he loved it there in Philly. Hard times & now a tougher division, let's jump ship and find a new, better team this year. He'll get to play longer and healthier playing bad teams and winning.

It will create anarchy and a complete lack of respect for coaches and discipline. I now hate Drew Rosenhaus, freaking lawyers and their dirty tricks always screw things up.

Try leasing a Car in NY now, goodluck.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: T.O. & his JO lawyer may really wreck the league!

This really may create headaches for alot of teams.

Comment

• EDS
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Skooby
      You basically still can - instead of "leasing" the car you are "buying" it but with a balloon payment due at the end of the payment period. If you don't make the balloon payment then you essentially end your lease.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

How did you get from TO to leasing a car?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
          How did you get from TO to leasing a car?
          The lawyers in NY have won lawsuits that an old law in NY makes the people who lease and the companies that lease them the cars/trucks in business together. So when the drivers got into an accident and there were injuries, the NY lawyers sued the leasing companies and the driver. Since most of the drivers had limited funds but a company like Ford,GM lost with them, the multi-million dollar settlements are to be paid by the leasing company (GM/ford). That's why you no longer lease a Car in NY.

Bottom line = Lawyers find ways to screw things up for everybody to make money. Drew Rosenhaus is a lawyer.

Sorry I went 4 steps deep here but I try to keep people thinking.

Comment

• EDS
            • Jan 2003

The lawyers in NY have won lawsuits that an old law in NY makes the people who lease and the companies that lease them the cars/trucks in business together. So when the drivers got into an accident and there were injuries, the NY lawyers sued the leasing companies and the driver. Since most of the drivers had limited funds but a company like Ford,GM lost with them, the multi-million dollar settlements are to be paid by the leasing company (GM/ford). That's why you no longer lease a Car in NY.

Bottom line = Lawyers find ways to screw things up for everybody to make money. Drew Rosenhaus is a lawyer.

Sorry I went 4 steps deep here but I try to keep people thinking.
            The lawyers also helped create an alternative financing vehicle which protects the leasing company and allows the consumer to get the same benefits of leasing.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by EDS
              The lawyers also helped create an alternative financing vehicle which protects the leasing company and allows the consumer to get the same benefits of leasing.
              depreciating a car versus writing off the whole monthly lease payment. I could go into a big disertation about that but as of this moment, the lease is easier to write off. So no in the long run the lawyers done did us wrong.

Comment

Working...
              X