PDA

View Full Version : I'm not a gloom-and-doomer

Mr. Miyagi
11-10-2005, 10:02 AM
but our next win could very well be in Miami. :(

TacklingDummy
11-10-2005, 10:05 AM
No way. The Bills are not gonna win another game till next year.

Put JP in. He is the future.

Mr. Miyagi
11-10-2005, 10:16 AM

And I thought I was gonna get negged.

LOL enjoy them. :negrep:

Novacane
11-10-2005, 01:09 PM
That Miami game is no gimme either. Bills schedule is brutal. If they don't start playing better our 3rd and 4th wins could both come against the Jets

OpIv37
11-10-2005, 01:12 PM
That Miami game is no gimme either. Bills schedule is brutal. If they don't start playing better our 3rd and 4th wins could both come against the Jets

what are you talking about- this is a playoff team! we're only one game out of the division lead! :rolleyes:

Novacane
11-10-2005, 01:18 PM
Yeah I know. I guess I'm just a quitter and fake fan. I can't help it. I go by what I see , not what I hope for and so far what I've seen has been very discouraging.

Maybe they can do a 180 and start stopping the run and beat a decent team this week. I'll be hoping but I sure would'nt put any money on it.

Drive 4 Five
11-10-2005, 06:48 PM

Sounds like doom & gloom to me. Oh well, who can blame you? I certainly don't. I'm frick'n miserable. All I know is that IF we can pull of a win this week it would be HUGE.

BillsFever21
11-11-2005, 08:33 AM

It's not called being a doom-and-gloomer it's called being a realist.

OpIv37
11-11-2005, 08:48 AM
It's not called being a doom-and-gloomer it's called being a realist.

see that's where you're wrong. If you even imply that there's another team in the NFL that might, possibly be able to beat the Bills, you're a pessimist, a quitter and a fake fan. To be a real fan, you have to assume the Jets and Dolphins can NEVER beat us under any circumstances, but when we play the Pats, Broncos or Chiefs it's "Any Given Sunday...."

BillsFever21
11-11-2005, 09:02 AM
see that's where you're wrong. If you even imply that there's another team in the NFL that might, possibly be able to beat the Bills, you're a pessimist, a quitter and a fake fan. To be a real fan, you have to assume the Jets and Dolphins can NEVER beat us under any circumstances, but when we play the Pats, Broncos or Chiefs it's "Any Given Sunday...."

That's just some select homers who can't handle the truth. That's not everyone.

It's people like that why this team never improves. The FO does just enough to keep people interested to sell enough tickets to fill the stadium because too many will settle for mediocrity.

They won't take the gamble for a chance to get better because they know if we have a 3-13 season and no expectations going into the year like 4 years ago we'll only draw 40,000 fans a game.

The safe thing is to play it safe and be mediocre and hope we improve on that.

In the last 6 years that we haven't made the playoffs there are only about 6 other teams who haven't made it during that span along with us and we're the only ones in our division not to make it.

7+ wins keeps the stadium full and if we're still "mathematically" alive midway through the season we'll sell out for the final 3 home games. If there is no hope by midway then we don't sell the last 10-15 thousands tickets to fill the stadium and we get blacked out.

OpIv37
11-11-2005, 09:08 AM
That's just some select homers who can't handle the truth. That's not everyone.

It's people like that why this team never improves. The FO does just enough to keep people interested to sell enough tickets to fill the stadium because too many will settle for mediocrity.

They won't take the gamble for a chance to get better because they know if we have a 3-13 season and no expectations going into the year like 4 years ago we'll only draw 40,000 fans a game.

The safe thing is to play it safe and be mediocre and hope we improve on that.

In the last 6 years that we haven't made the playoffs there are only about 6 other teams who haven't made it during that span along with us and we're the only ones in our division not to make it.

7+ wins keeps the stadium full and if we're still "mathematically" alive midway through the season we'll sell out for the final 3 home games. If there is no hope by midway then we don't sell the last 10-15 thousands tickets to fill the stadium and we get blacked out.

every game except Carolina is down to single seats only, so sellouts are virtually guaranteed. We win on Sunday, Carolina sells out too.

Mr. Miyagi
11-11-2005, 09:09 AM
every game except Carolina is down to single seats only, so sellouts are virtually guaranteed. We win on Sunday, Carolina sells out too.
Careful. You were almost being borderline optimistic there. :eek:

BillsFever21
11-11-2005, 09:11 AM

That's because there was hope going into the season.

If there isn't much hope going into the season like 4 years ago we don't come close to selling out.

The last couple years we have because most thought this team was playoff caliber. The talent is good enough but the coaching is down towards the bottom of the league.

X-Era
11-11-2005, 09:26 AM

One of two things has happened, you either miraculously came to your senses, or you have gone off the deep end.

Taken literally, you are on the money.