PDA

View Full Version : Week 10: Post your picks!

doomsdayvirus
11-10-2005, 10:50 AM
I fell off a little bit last week due to some stupid picks. This week, for the first time this season, I didn't have many tough choices. Granted, I picked mostly favorites here, but this time they're favorites for a good reason.

KANSAS CITY @ BUFFALO : BUFFALO
*sigh* I'll give them another shot. They played really well against New England in New England and I don't think KC is as good as the Pats, plus it's a home game for the Bills. Don't go looking for a blowout, this will be another patented Buffalo cliffhanger, but I think they can pull it off.

SAN FRANCISCO @ CHICAGO : CHICAGO
Why did I pick against Chicago last week? Don't underestimate this team. They might not be putting up big numbers with star players but they keep getting it done, and that's all that really matters.

BALTIMORE @ JACKSONVILLE : JACKSONVILLE
The Ravens contunue to struggle, the Jags continue to roll at home this week.

ARIZONA @ DETROIT : DETROIT
You know, I'd almost pick Arizona here if the game weren't in Detroit. I think that gives the Lions the edge in this battle of the bottom feeders.

HOUSTON @ INDIANAPOLIS : INDIANAPOLIS
A lot of people would like to see an upset here, but let's be realistic.

NEW ENGLAND @ MIAMI : NEW ENGLAND
They lost last week, they'll win this week. That's the way it's gonna go with this team this year.

MINNESOTA @ NEW YORK (NYG) : NEW YORK (NYG)
Could a Manning vs. Manning Super Bowl be on the horizon? It's very possible, and will be a step closer to becoming a reality after the Giants pummel the Vikings this week in the Meadowlands.

NEW YORK (NYJ) @ CAROLINA : CAROLINA
The Jets are another team overdue for a win, but they won't get it against a tough Carolina team playing in front of the home crowd.

DENVER @ OAKLAND : DENVER
Denver will continue to dominate the AFC West this week against their division rivals in Oakland. As long as they can keep playing all 4 quarters that is...

ST. LOUIS @ SEATTLE : SEATTLE
Speaking of divisional domination, the surprising Seahawks are a sure bet to spank the clueless Rams and continue their reign over the pathetic NFC West.

GREEN BAY @ ATLANTA : ATLANTA
This is just not Green Bay's year. As much as I'd love to see Green Bay pull off a win here, and as much as they're due for one, the schedule just keeps dishing up tough teams for them to play. I'd be tempted to pick the pack if the game was in Lambeau, but it's not.

WASHINGTON @ TAMPA BAY : TAMPA BAY
This is my upset pick for the week. Washington's win over Philly was big, but not all that convincing. I can't see Tampa losing 3 in a row this season. If they do, you can go ahead and dismiss and Super Bowl talk you've heard about the Bucs.

CLEVELAND @ PITTSBURGH : PITTSBURGH
Pittsburgh continues to win no matter who's at QB. It's obvious that they're not as strong without Roethlisberger, but it won't matter much against a Browns team that hasn't done much of anything this year.

DALLAS @ PHILADELPHIA : PHILADELPHIA
I don't make this pick lightly, but I think with Terrel Owens finally out of the picture the Eagles can get back to focusing on football. When they do that, they're dangerous. You can't discount the Cowboy's passing attack, but you also can't discount home field advantage. And this week, home field is what it's about all around the league.

Season & Weekly Record
------------------------------
WK 1......8/16...(8-8)....50%
WK 2......6/16...(6-10)...38%
WK 3......6/14...(6-8)....42%
WK 4.....10/14...(10-4)...71%
WK 5.....10/14...(10-4)...71%
WK 6.....10/14...(10-4)...71%
WK 7.....10/14...(10-4)...71%
WK 8.....10/14...(10-4)...71%
WK 9......9/14...(9-5)....64%
Season...79/130..(79-51)..60%

gr8slayer
11-10-2005, 11:56 AM
Agree with everything except Seattle over St. Louis.

zone
11-10-2005, 12:06 PM
BUFFALO
CHICAGO
JACKSONVILLE
ARIZONA
INDIANAPOLIS
MIAMI
NEW YORK
CAROLINA
DENVER
SEATTLE
ATLANTA
WASHINGTON
CLEVELAND
DALLAS

Gunzlingr
11-10-2005, 01:46 PM
I agree with all except I think AZ will beat Detroit.

ParanoidAndroid
11-10-2005, 07:37 PM
Last week was my first time trying out the pick 'em thing. I went 12-2. Yay me! It was the week to be an away team as the visitors went 9-5. This week, there are a lot of poor and mediocre teams on the road. Travellers beware!

Kansas City@ Buffalo
Buffalo controls the clock again, but this time, they finish the job. KC's passing game will not scare the defense and will enable them to key in on the run. LJ will still rack up the yards and punch it in a couple times, but his opportunities will be relatively limited. McGahee will be the better RB in this game.

San Francisco @ Chicago
Chicago is this year's surprise team, mostly because everyone wrote them off after Grossman went down. But, who cares? They're playing SF at home.

Baltimore @ Jacksonville
Baltimore's running game just isn't what it used to be. Perhaps they didn't adequately replace Bennie Anderson. lol Anyway, Jacksonville will likely be without Fred Taylor, but Greg Jones should have been getting more chances anyhow. They know Fred is fragile and Jones is a beast. I digress yet again... Jacksonville wins a close one with the home field advantage. That's what the Jags do...every week...win close games.

Arizona @ Detroit
Arizona has a history of being a horrible road team, and they still are. Detroit is better than they have been playing and should be able to put together a solid, three-phase game at home against a very, not-so-scary Cardinals team.

Houston @ Indianapolis
The Texans seem to always bring their best against the Colts, but simply put, their best is not as good as Indi's worst.

New England @ Miami
I really like the way Miami matches up against the Patriots and the Fins really aren't that bad. Tom Brady will put together a few good drives, but the two-headed monster is alive and well behind Frerotte, who has the ability to exploit a weak secondary. After this game, people will start talking seriously about the end of the Patriots' era...until next year, when they're elite again.

Minnesota @ New York Giants
Here is a perfect picture of two teams going in opposite directions. The Vikes seem to be suffering from some kind of ailment, perhaps an STD of some kind. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Well, hopefully it's curable, but I don't see them kicking it this week. (Pun intended) Barber will cause it to flare up.

New York Jets @ Carolina
This is not only a good team at home playing a poor team. This is just a horrible match-up for the Jets. Carolina is going to be talking shut-out in the locker room this week.

Denver @ Oakland
Although Oakland has been playing well lately, Denver is just on a roll. The Bronco running game is stronger than it has been since Terrell Davis was carrying the rock. (Formula: Mike Anderson + Tatum Bell = Terrell Davis)
Oakland will be able to keep it close through the air, but it won't be enough. Lamont Jordan is going to have a tough day, especially inside the red zone.

St Louis@ Seattle
Seattle is putting it all together this year. I like this team to really push in the playoffs. St Louis will welcome back their three offensive stars, QB Marc Bulger, and WR's Tory Holt and Isaac Bruce. They have also rediscovered their running game with Stephen Jackson. The Rams aren't the same team without them. That is where Seattle shows how good they can be. Even without their star receivers, they were effective. Overcoming injuries...hmmmm. Sounds like another team I know of.

Green Bay @ Atlanta
Can you pick out the superstar among the back-ups? Sam Gado? Antonio Chatman? Brett Favre? Favre was just interviewed and was asked questions about the state of his season and taking the team on his shoulders. his answers were confident, but the underlying message was "Ahhhh....crap."
Atlanta's running game is way too nasty for Green Bay to stop, especially in enemy territory. Favre will, of course, find his receivers, but he will throw it away in desperation at least once.

Washington @ Tampa Bay
Tampa started out extremely fast on the wheels of Cadillac Williams. As he has stalled, so have the Bucs and one could argue that Gruden ended his pit stop a bit early. The Skins played solid defense last week against the Eagles. If they can keep that up, Tampa, an inferior offense, will really struggle. Here's the thing. Washington is less than average against the run this year and recently let Tiki Barber run all over them. This is the toss up of the week, so I'll go with the trend and say the home team wins.

Cleveland @ Pittsburgh
The Steelers own this rivalry. This week is no exception.

Dallas @ Philadelphia
Parcells really has Dallas looking good, but I don't think they're ready to take out the defending NFC champs on their turf. I'm actually having a tough time finding a reason why Philadelphia wins this one. I know! Anybody see the end of the Dallas @ Seattle game? If you did, you know my reason. If you didn't, perhaps you saw the New England @ Buffalo game last year. Get it now?

BSXIII
11-10-2005, 09:15 PM
KANSAS CITY @ BUFFALO
Although Buffalo's defense has been struggling, the heart and soul of the defense will make a surprise return this week. Yup, the Buffalo weather. Wind and rain is in the forecast. This will hurt the Chiefs high power offense far more than the Bills dink and dunk.

BALTIMORE @ JACKSONVILLE
Yawn.

ARIZONA @ DETROIT
See above.

HOUSTON @ INDIANAPOLIS
:lmao:

NEW ENGLAND @ MIAMI
Jason Taylor was dominant against New England when they were untouchable. He'll have a huge game Sunday (although the Patsies may pull it off).

MINNESOTA @ NEW YORK (NYG)
I think the Giants are overrated, but Minnesota is in free fall.

NEW YORK (NYJ) @ CAROLINA
Herm Edwards will have the Jets playing well sooner or later, but Carolina will destroy them this week.

DENVER @ OAKLAND
After seeing Denver in the playoffs the past few years I just can't take them serious yet. Oakland's record isn't impressive, but they have had a nasty schedule. I look for an upset here.

ST. LOUIS @ SEATTLE
Seattle is playing well in all phases of the game.

GREEN BAY @ ATLANTA
Doomsday Virus, you really think Green Bay has a tough schedule? They play in the NFC North. They are such an overrated team and have been for years.

WASHINGTON @ TAMPA BAY
Tampa has looked like crap lately, while Washington has been playing smart disciplined football.

CLEVELAND @ PITTSBURGH
Pittsburgh can afford injuries to anyone. They are a very deep team. We found that out the hard way last year.

DALLAS @ PHILADELPHIA
Philly's ship is taking on water fast. Dallas is coming off a bye week and Parcells will have them ready for a strong playoff push. The first half of the season they spent trying to find an identity with a lot of new faces. After 2 weeks of fine tuning they'll be ready to go.

FinsAreLife
11-11-2005, 08:22 AM
KC
Chicago
Jacksonville
Arizona
Indy
Miami
NYG
Carolina
Denver
Seatle
Atlanta
Washington
Pittsburgh
Philly

DynaPaul
11-11-2005, 10:22 AM
Last week I was 9 - 5. The season so far has me at 60 - 38, not bad. Here goes:

Arizona at Detroit: Harrington is back in it again and the Lions are at home. Detroit.

Baltimore at Jacksonville: Kyle Boller is back in but I don't think that's going to help them any. Jacksonville.

Houston at Indianapolis: Is this a joke? Indianapolis.

Kansas City at Buffalo: With or without their Priest I still think their offense is too much to handle. Kansas City.

Minnesota at N.Y. Giants: The Giants are playing good ball but I think the Vikings will pull an upset here. Minnesota.

New England at Miami: A repeat of last year's game except no A.J. Feel-me. Miami.

San Francisco at Chicago: The Bears defense is gonna maul them like raw meat. Chicago.

Denver at Oakland: I think the Broncos are probably going to drop one here in the black hole. Oakland.

N.Y. Jets at Carolina: No way Herm Edwards wins on the road with Brooks Bollinger against this team. Carolina.

Green Bay at Atlanta: Favre is done, that is all. Atlanta.

St. Louis at Seattle: The Seahawks are going to widen their division lead this week. Seattle.

Washington at Tampa Bay: The Bucs will pull this one out in spite of Chris Simms. Tampa Bay.

Cleveland at Pittsburgh: The Steelers will win in spite of Charlie Batch. Pittsburgh.

Dallas at Philadelphia: No more T.O. but I think the Eagles will come together as a team and beat the Cowpokes at home. Philadelphia.

gr8slayer
11-12-2005, 01:34 AM
Watch Houston beat the tar out of Indy.

CanaanVtBillsFan
11-13-2005, 11:11 AM
Again for this week no comments
just from the hip picks
it seems like an easy week, but I'm a knucklehead
DETRIOT
JACKS
INDY
KC-screw the picks
I hate going with my heart come on Bills make a lier out of me
NYG
NE
CHIC
TB-what bucs team will show?
DEN
CAR
ATL
SEAT
PITTS
DALLASS-this is a real tough one

X-Era
11-13-2005, 11:18 AM
I fell off a little bit last week due to some stupid picks. This week, for the first time this season, I didn't have many tough choices. Granted, I picked mostly favorites here, but this time they're favorites for a good reason.

KANSAS CITY @ BUFFALO : BUFFALO
*sigh* I'll give them another shot. They played really well against New England in New England and I don't think KC is as good as the Pats, plus it's a home game for the Bills. Don't go looking for a blowout, this will be another patented Buffalo cliffhanger, but I think they can pull it off.

SAN FRANCISCO @ CHICAGO : CHICAGO
Why did I pick against Chicago last week? Don't underestimate this team. They might not be putting up big numbers with star players but they keep getting it done, and that's all that really matters.

BALTIMORE @ JACKSONVILLE : JACKSONVILLE
The Ravens contunue to struggle, the Jags continue to roll at home this week.

ARIZONA @ DETROIT : DETROIT
You know, I'd almost pick Arizona here if the game weren't in Detroit. I think that gives the Lions the edge in this battle of the bottom feeders.

HOUSTON @ INDIANAPOLIS : INDIANAPOLIS
A lot of people would like to see an upset here, but let's be realistic.

NEW ENGLAND @ MIAMI : NEW ENGLAND
They lost last week, they'll win this week. That's the way it's gonna go with this team this year.

MINNESOTA @ NEW YORK (NYG) : NEW YORK (NYG)
Could a Manning vs. Manning Super Bowl be on the horizon? It's very possible, and will be a step closer to becoming a reality after the Giants pummel the Vikings this week in the Meadowlands.

NEW YORK (NYJ) @ CAROLINA : CAROLINA
The Jets are another team overdue for a win, but they won't get it against a tough Carolina team playing in front of the home crowd.

DENVER @ OAKLAND : DENVER
Denver will continue to dominate the AFC West this week against their division rivals in Oakland. As long as they can keep playing all 4 quarters that is...

ST. LOUIS @ SEATTLE : SEATTLE
Speaking of divisional domination, the surprising Seahawks are a sure bet to spank the clueless Rams and continue their reign over the pathetic NFC West.

GREEN BAY @ ATLANTA : ATLANTA
This is just not Green Bay's year. As much as I'd love to see Green Bay pull off a win here, and as much as they're due for one, the schedule just keeps dishing up tough teams for them to play. I'd be tempted to pick the pack if the game was in Lambeau, but it's not.

WASHINGTON @ TAMPA BAY : TAMPA BAY
This is my upset pick for the week. Washington's win over Philly was big, but not all that convincing. I can't see Tampa losing 3 in a row this season. If they do, you can go ahead and dismiss and Super Bowl talk you've heard about the Bucs.

CLEVELAND @ PITTSBURGH : PITTSBURGH
Pittsburgh continues to win no matter who's at QB. It's obvious that they're not as strong without Roethlisberger, but it won't matter much against a Browns team that hasn't done much of anything this year.

DALLAS @ PHILADELPHIA : PHILADELPHIA
I don't make this pick lightly, but I think with Terrel Owens finally out of the picture the Eagles can get back to focusing on football. When they do that, they're dangerous. You can't discount the Cowboy's passing attack, but you also can't discount home field advantage. And this week, home field is what it's about all around the league.

Season & Weekly Record
WK 1......8/16...(8-8)....50%
WK 2......6/16...(6-10)...38%
WK 3......6/14...(6-8)....42%
WK 4.....10/14...(10-4)...71%
WK 5.....10/14...(10-4)...71%
WK 6.....10/14...(10-4)...71%
WK 7.....10/14...(10-4)...71%
WK 8.....10/14...(10-4)...71%
WK 9......9/14...(9-5)....64%
Season...79/130..(79-51)..60%

KC
Chi
Jax
Ari
Ind
Mia
Car
Oak
NYG
Sea
ATL
TB
Pitt
Phi

ParanoidAndroid
11-14-2005, 03:18 AM
Looks like it's doomsday this week.
Miami killed me with that goal-to-go series near the end of the game. Two fade routes in a row to the same corner of the endzone that had terrible sun interference. Duh! Another game that NE should have lost. They suck.
Giants should have won, dammit! Sheesh. :D
Both games were down to the wire.
How about those Packers!?