PDA

View Full Version : KC is 1-8 at Rich Stadium!

Mitchy moo
11-10-2005, 09:49 PM
Regardless of what KC fans say, history is on our side. KC does not play well at rich stadium.

gannd
11-10-2005, 09:51 PM
It scares me to think of what Larry Johnson is going to do to our "one of the best defenses of all time"

Better stack 9 in the box and hope 1 receiver trips.

Mitchy moo
11-10-2005, 09:57 PM
Nickname:
The AFL franchise began in 1960 as the Dallas Texans. When the team was moved to Kansas City in 1963, the new name was selected by a fan contest

OpIv37
11-11-2005, 08:11 AM
history doesn't matter. It's been a while since the Chiefs have played in our house. What matters is whether or not the Bills can stop the Chief's running game, or at least control the clock well enough to keep Larry Johnson off the field. I'm not holding my breath.

Novacane
11-11-2005, 08:16 AM
history doesn't matter. .

How can you say that? Those wins 30 years ago obviously mean the Bills will kill the chiefs this week

jamze132
11-11-2005, 11:13 AM
It's a shame we don't call it Rich Stadium anymore.

OpIv37
11-11-2005, 11:19 AM
It's a shame we don't call it Rich Stadium anymore.

what do you expect from someone who still thinks we're as good now as we were 13 years ago?

BAM
11-11-2005, 11:24 AM
I don't buy into history at all when it comes to football, but I still think we're going to win this weekend.

Chief3188
11-11-2005, 03:18 PM
The Chiefs also had not won at Miami since 86 ,, that is until a few weeks ago

Devin
11-11-2005, 03:27 PM
:up:

Luisito23
11-11-2005, 04:17 PM
Well at least the Priest isn't playing.......

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

TigerJ
11-11-2005, 08:33 PM
The Colts were 0-6 at Foxboro before last weekend.

tampabay25690
11-12-2005, 12:54 AM
Regardless of what KC fans say, history is on our side. KC does not play well at rich stadium.

WELL i guess that why Vegas has us a 2.5 favorite......

fushetti
11-12-2005, 07:27 AM
The Bills are playing this week?

CHIEF4EVER
11-12-2005, 09:37 AM
Wow, haven't been here since November 2003. I see some faces I remember and a bunch that I don't. Anyway, good to see all you folks again and I hope for a good game with no significant injuries to either side. Obviously I hope WE win. Ought to be interesting at the very least. Our strength is the running game, the Bills weakness is the running game. Our weakness is the pass D, the Bills weakness is also the passing game. I feel pretty good about our chances in this game barring any boneheaded playcalls by DV and co.

jamze132
11-12-2005, 09:44 AM
Wow, haven't been here since November 2003. I see some faces I remember and a bunch that I don't. Anyway, good to see all you folks again and I hope for a good game with no significant injuries to either side. Obviously I hope WE win. Ought to be interesting at the very least. Our strength is the running game, the Bills weakness is the running game. Our weakness is the pass D, the Bills weakness is also the passing game. I feel pretty good about our chances in this game barring any boneheaded playcalls by DV and co.
Congratulations! You are the 100th person to state the obvious this week.

JD
11-12-2005, 11:21 AM
The Bills are playing this week?
:lmao:

Rain Man
11-12-2005, 12:15 PM

I must admit that he's right. Bruce Smith and O.J. Simpson give us fits, and we can never seem to block Cornelius Bennett. Our key to winning will be figuring out how to neutralize those guys.

Drive 4 Five
11-12-2005, 01:49 PM
Interestingly enough, the so called EXPERTS on Inside the NFL ALL picked Buffalo to win. I was stunned. Any idea what could have possessed them ALL to pick the Bills? Other than watching Denver destroy the Chiefs on MNF, I haven't seem much of them but we are NOT the Broncos and I thought surely they're better than that.

Mitchy moo
11-12-2005, 02:10 PM
Interestingly enough, the so called EXPERTS on Inside the NFL ALL picked Buffalo to win. I was stunned. Any idea what could have possessed them ALL to pick the Bills? Other than watching Denver destroy the Chiefs on MNF, I haven't seem much of them but we are NOT the Broncos and I thought surely they're better than that.

Novachek on espn picked the bills as well:

Chiefs (5-3) at Bills (3-5)
It’s hard to get a handle on the Bills. They started out the season looking competitive, but it hasn’t been that way lately. Coming off a bye week will help them. I think Buffalo’s running game will math up well with Kansas City, which should open up some things in the passing game.

Kansas City is going up to Buffalo, and their offense will have a tough time against the Bills’ defense. I don’t think Kansas City is a real strong team. They have talent, but they’re not consistent from week to week. I think they’re due for an average game. Pick: Bills.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3690072/
<!-- / message -->

Drive 4 Five
11-12-2005, 02:23 PM
So what do you think Scoobster? If we win, is this nothing more than an AVERAGE team beating an AVERAGE team or are the Chiefs better than AVERAGE? I guess what I am looking for is this. If we manage to win in a manner that is not conducive to playing sloppy and just squeaking by, would this be something to get excited over? Because right now I am at the point where I barely get excited even when we do manage to win. I know that sounds bad but consider that the teams we did beat, pretty much all suck ass. Are we capable of beating a GOOD team (we couldn't even beat the very vulnerable Patriots)?

Mitchy moo
11-12-2005, 02:41 PM
So what do you think Scoobster? If we win, is this nothing more than an AVERAGE team beating an AVERAGE team or are the Chiefs better than AVERAGE? I guess what I am looking for is this. If we manage to win in a manner that is not conducive to playing sloppy and just squeaking by, would this be something to get excited over? Because right now I am at the point where I barely get excited even when we do manage to win. I know that sounds bad but consider that the teams we did beat, pretty much all suck ass. Are we capable of beating a GOOD team (we couldn't even beat the very vulnerable Patriots)?

The Chiefs are a good team. The problem is they are not consistent & it's hard to play at RWS sold out with all the noise & wind (forecast Winds SSW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 30%. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph),so Field goals are not a given.

We are capable of beating any team on the right day & circumstance, it's the NFL. Look for clues as to where we heading by how they come out and play. If we smoke all day, we might make the run. If we just beat them, we still beat a good team but the run is a question mark. If we lose look to the JPL lovers for guidance.

I thnk we are going to smoke em.

BillsPride12
11-12-2005, 04:46 PM
All I can say is to everybody going to the game tomorrow do your part and be the 12th Man, Buffalo always gets their asses handed to them at Arrowhead and we always complain we never get to play them in Buffalo, well here's your chance to return the favor. I know that even if the Chiefs were having a bad season and the Bills had to go up there to play, they would be facing a hostile crowd so lets return the favor.

Rain Man
11-13-2005, 04:28 PM
I must admit that he's right. Bruce Smith and O.J. Simpson give us fits, and we can never seem to block Cornelius Bennett. Our key to winning will be figuring out how to neutralize those guys.

I would like to point out that we completely neutralized those three players.

This loss hurt. We really needed a win here.

Mitchy moo
11-13-2005, 06:16 PM

did I make the call????

Cntrygal
11-13-2005, 06:30 PM
No...

We won - but we didn't "smoke" them.

Mitchy moo
11-13-2005, 06:33 PM
No...

We won - but we didn't "smoke" them.

They scored 3 points and looked inept all day, I think they were schooled and smoked. It's the lowest output of anyteam vs us for a long time. They are supposed to have a high power offense and score like 27 point a game. They were no where near their average.

Mitchy moo
11-13-2005, 10:08 PM
They scored 3 points and looked inept all day, I think they were schooled and smoked. It's the lowest output of anyteam vs us for a long time. They are supposed to have a high power offense and score like 27 point a game. They were no where near their average.

It's been ~3 year since KC didn't score a TD during the game, today we shut a good team down.

Something about the Chiefs and Ralph Wilson Stadium just do not mesh. With an ugly 14-3 loss at Buffalo on Sunday, the Chiefs fell to 1-9 all-time at the Bills 33-year old stadium. Four turnovers and two missed field goals doomed Kansas City in the latest chapter of the AFC rivalry as the Chiefs fell to 5-4 on the season.
The Chiefs posted an early field goal, but 14 unanswered points on touchdowns by Bills WR Lee Evans were too much to overcome. Despite getting 132 rushing yards from RB Larry Johnson, the Kansas City offense failed to score a touchdown in a game for the first time since being shutout at Oakland on 12/28/02.

Mitchy moo
11-13-2005, 10:10 PM
So anotherwards it was an ***whipping.