PDA

View Full Version : Sorta off topic: New NHL

gannd
11-10-2005, 10:02 PM
So I was just wondering what you Sabres fans think about how the new NHL looks to you guys. I know you are 1 game under .500 but you look decent.

I personally like the new rules as my Oilers look fast but once again not good enough to do anything decent.

cheers

Tatonka
11-10-2005, 10:05 PM
the revamped rules pretty much rock ass.. the game is great to watch again.. perfect example.. i am a wings fan.. wings are winning 2-1 against LA last night.. 3 period.. 5 goals.. then an OT winner... this is happening all the time.. bet the over 6 goals in every game and you will be rich right now.

bills&sabresmvf
11-10-2005, 10:07 PM
The NHL is great. I love no red-line, opens the game up greatly and the no-obstruction is great. The only problem is penalty shots to win the game, I don't like. I also miss the clutching and grabbing behind the net and in the corners that led to fights and battles, but we'll get used to it and this is a great game, can't wait til more fans catch on! GO SABRES!

hammerbillsfan
11-10-2005, 10:10 PM
I don't mind the shootout in the regular season, **** all the ties they used to have.
When the playoffs come around they go back to sudden death, the way it should be, old time hockey! :hockey:

bills&sabresmvf
11-10-2005, 10:13 PM
they will in the playoffs, I guess they needed a little more bang for non-die-heard-fans, so go ahead with the shootout, it just is based on luck...I know Cambell and the players don't like it. But I love it, old time hockey is right! I love it

Tatonka
11-10-2005, 10:17 PM
how is a penalty shot based on luck????

take the teams most skilled shooters and put them one on one with a goalie..

there is no luck about it.

bills&sabresmvf
11-10-2005, 10:24 PM
players have said it, the commissioner has said it, they don't like it. That's my opinion anyways, I should say. Put it this way, when do we blame the goaltender on a clear-cut breakaway...almost never, therefore the odds are agains the shooter, not fair...i'd like to see either 5 minutes added to OT or just leave the ties. You play, you tie, oh well, you play enough games.

bills&sabresmvf
11-10-2005, 10:24 PM
*are for the shooter, excuse me

gannd
11-10-2005, 10:26 PM
Shootouts are not based on luck. If it was based on luck I could play in the NHL. 1 on 1 goalie against talent. You must be from Toronto where them old guys get tired skating to the net and have an chance to get a concussion on the way there.

BSXIII
11-10-2005, 10:27 PM
Even as a die hard hockey fan, I've never been able to get into hockey the first month of the season. I was hoping for more this year, but so far I'm disappointed. Sure there is more scoring and they are letting fights go on longer, but the checking/physical aspect of the game has really been a lost art in all of this. Defensemen look uncomfortable with the amount of ice they need to cover now, and seem less willing to lay down the big it. Maybe as the season progresses the intensity will as well, but so far I am unimpressed.

Also while on the topic, OLN has been an atrocity. The audio/video is worse quality than any public access station. Monotone sound and a very blurry picture. They also zoom in too far on the play and you can't watch the action develop. While other networks are moving towards the high definition era, OLN looks like the FMV on a Sony Playstation game.

bills&sabresmvf
11-10-2005, 10:29 PM
I've noticed that about OLN. I here your opinion on the game with the defensemen. Even MSG coverage for the Sabres has been bad. JEANERETTE IS GOD, I'm not saying anything about him. The camera work has been horrible. On the power play I never see the defensmen's shot they always cut it off, it pisses me off sometimes...

gannd
11-10-2005, 10:30 PM
Do you guys get CBC for sat stuff down there?

bills&sabresmvf
11-10-2005, 10:37 PM
no unfortunetly...

bills&sabresmvf
11-10-2005, 10:37 PM
no unfortunetly...

hammerbillsfan
11-10-2005, 10:39 PM
no unfortunetly...

Sucks to be you.
gannd :hi5: hbf :mounty:

gannd
11-10-2005, 11:39 PM
CBC is useless except for sat stuff. Sorta like espn to NFL football. I'm pretty sure if you had some old style antenna stuff in buf you would get cbc. I thought it was really close to canada but I've never been there.

JD
11-12-2005, 10:43 AM
I LOVE THE NEW NHL!!!

So much fun to watch on tv and especially AT the arena!

The only thing I dont like is how they were calling so many obstruction penalties in the beginning, but now the NHL is telling the officials to let it slide?? Sure penalties slow up the game, but I honestly dont mind them because it opens up the game a bit more for added scoring.

JD
11-12-2005, 10:44 AM
I've noticed that about OLN. I here your opinion on the game with the defensemen. Even MSG coverage for the Sabres has been bad. JEANERETTE IS GOD, I'm not saying anything about him. The camera work has been horrible. On the power play I never see the defensmen's shot they always cut it off, it pisses me off sometimes...
Yea, very true. The Cameraman BLOWS d!ck hard..always ****in up every game! :rage: