PDA

View Full Version : ESPN just said...

BillsFever21
11-11-2005, 09:18 AM
That Kelly Holcomb is on a short leash. If he's struggling to put points on the board over the next couple weeks another switch could be made.

BillsFever21
11-11-2005, 09:21 AM
Face it. The 14-17 points a game he's giving is isn't gonna cut it and win us games.

If this stays the case then it's time to find out if Losman has came around any the last month in his development.

Maybe the staff feels he's improved enough to take over the reigns again. Who knows where he would be in his development had he stayed in over the past month.

Pride
11-11-2005, 09:21 AM
They are just geniouses arent they! (not aimed at you) but i think everyone on this board knew that already.

X-Era
11-11-2005, 09:22 AM
That Kelly Holcomb is on a short leash. If he's struggling to put points on the board over the next couple weeks another switch could be made.

For the life of me I dont know why a career backup with our schedule this year had any leash at all.

The sooner Kelly heads back to the bench the less games we have to lose next year. Lets just move on already.

I could just copy and paste this at say 5pm on Sunday.

X-Era
11-11-2005, 09:24 AM
Face it. The 14-17 points a game he's giving is isn't gonna cut it and win us games.

If this stays the case then it's time to find out if Losman has came around any the last month in his development.

Maybe the staff feels he's improved enough to take over the reigns again. Who knows where he would be in his development had he stayed in over the past month.

What are you talking about? we DID go into the half 3 to 0 against the world champs, in their house, and in a big division game.

If you lead the whole race in Nascar but dont cross the finish line, you still lose.

chubluv
11-11-2005, 09:28 AM
Thats great. Just what we need more switching at positons. Isnt this stuff they should have taken care of in July/Aug?

What all of a sudden they figure lets play merry go round with the QB's & Musical chairs with the O-Line.

Historian
11-11-2005, 09:31 AM
It's nice to be compared to a dog, isn't it?

:rolleyes:

Mr. Miyagi
11-11-2005, 09:32 AM
I say let's take off the bandaid and let the bleeding begin. The sooner we get the bleeding started the sooner we'll scab up and heal to the better.

justasportsfan
11-11-2005, 09:39 AM
They are just geniouses arent they! (not aimed at you) but i think everyone on this board knew that already.yup, If the bills struggle in the 1st half, I expect JP to start the 2nd half.

OpIv37
11-11-2005, 09:40 AM
I say let's take off the bandaid and let the bleeding begin. The sooner we get the bleeding started the sooner we'll scab up and heal to the better.

graphic yet good assessment.

You know, the 14-17 points a game is MORE that what we were scoring at the beginning of last year and MORE than we were scoring with JP in there.

The problem is that the poor performance of the D has completely screwed up the design of this team. If we could have scored 17 a game at the start of last year, we would have been 5-1 instead of the other way around.

BillsFever21
11-11-2005, 09:47 AM
This coaching staff doesn't have any identity, plan or direction. They have no long term plan. They are on a week to week basis if not a half by half basis.

chubluv
11-11-2005, 09:48 AM

:bf1: :goodpost:

BillsFever21
11-11-2005, 09:50 AM
For the life of me I dont know why a career backup with our schedule this year had any leash at all.

The sooner Kelly heads back to the bench the less games we have to lose next year. Lets just move on already.

I could just copy and paste this at say 5pm on Sunday.

I hear ya but that is Mike Mularkey for you. With the talent we have right now this team is ready for a playoff run but we don't have the coaching to back it up.

He is the most disapointing coach we have ever had since I've been a fan. There is some talent on the team and we have some veterans who have played together for a few years but they still can't put it all together.

If we had a real coach we'd be 6-2 right now. But since we're stuck with this junk this is the reality we're stuck with.

BillsFever21
11-11-2005, 09:52 AM
:bf1: :goodpost:

Couldn't agree more. And who knows how bad the bleeding could be? Losman may have settled down a lot and preform better.

And god only knows where he would be in his development had he never been benched in the first place.

If the Giants would've pulled the plug on Manning after his first 4 miserable starts(Even worse then JP) does anyone really believe he'd be where he was at right now? Not a chance.

justasportsfan
11-11-2005, 09:53 AM
I say let's take off the bandaid and let the bleeding begin. The sooner we get the bleeding started the sooner we'll scab up and heal to the better.You forget that the rest of the AFCE teams are beside the bills in the emergency room. Let's bleed to death or pull the plug even though there might be a cure . The other teams haven't given up, let's be the first ones to. NOT

BillsFever21
11-11-2005, 10:05 AM
You forget that the rest of the AFCE teams are beside the bills in the emergency room. Let's bleed to death or pull the plug even though there might be a cure . The other teams haven't given up, let's be the first ones to. NOT

So they would be giving up by going to Losman. Holcomb has been average and a TO machine against bad defenses and we're still only 2-2 with him. It's not like we're lighting up the scoreboard. He only has what 4 passes of over 20 yards? That's not gonna cut it from a 10 year veteran.

Maybe they feel Losman has improved enough where he is at that level now. It wouldn't take that much improvement to move ahead of Holcomb.

justasportsfan
11-11-2005, 10:23 AM
So they would be giving up by going to Losman. Holcomb has been average and a TO machine against bad defenses and we're still only 2-2 with him. It's not like we're lighting up the scoreboard. He only has what 4 passes of over 20 yards? That's not gonna cut it from a 10 year veteran.

Maybe they feel Losman has improved enough where he is at that level now. It wouldn't take that much improvement to move ahead of Holcomb.You can say Holcomb is average and we all agree, but inspite of that , he still gives us the best chance.If Holcomb is the better qb which the team thinks he is but we deicde to go w/ Losman, then yes we are giving up the season or whatever chance we have left to develop JP.

I just don't like pulling the plug when the patient says, let's go with what gives me the best chance to live. I'd rather the patient decides his/her fate.

cordog
11-11-2005, 10:29 AM
I hear ya but that is Mike Mularkey for you. With the talent we have right now this team is ready for a playoff run but we don't have the coaching to back it up.

He is the most disapointing coach we have ever had since I've been a fan. There is some talent on the team and we have some veterans who have played together for a few years but they still can't put it all together.

If we had a real coach we'd be 6-2 right now. But since we're stuck with this junk this is the reality we're stuck with.

A talented football team can put points up, and stop the run. This team cant do that. We said the same thing when Gregg Williams was the coach. Maybe its not the coaching, its just a bad team. You can only blame the coach for so much, then you have to take a look at the players. This team needs a major overhaul during the offseason.

Mr. Miyagi
11-11-2005, 10:33 AM
Last season the Giants were hanging on to their Kurt Warner bandaid at 5-4. They let the bleeding start by plugging in their future, Eli Manning, who led them down the drain with 6 consecutive losses to a 6-10 season.

Look where they healed up to this season. Division leading 6-2.

The Giants team is exactly like ours. A pretty good running back, a couple of decent receivers, an average O-line, and a slightly above average defense. No reason we can't do what they did.

gr8slayer
11-11-2005, 11:02 AM
Gosh. I didnt even realize that we were scoring so low with him under Center.

BAM
11-11-2005, 11:17 AM
Watch ESPN all you want, but Holcomb is not losing his job until the Bills are matehmatically eliminated, IMO.

gr8slayer
11-11-2005, 11:18 AM
Does anyone realize that with Holcomb under Center we have only scored an average of 20 points a game.

That is not that great considering he is supposed to be the alpha and the omega.

With Losman we scored an average of 12 per game. One touchdown more per game. Is Holcomb really that much better?

Is losing time with Losman's development worth one more touchdown and one more win?

BAM
11-11-2005, 11:20 AM
According to management, yes.

kinigirly
11-11-2005, 11:21 AM
every fan on this forum, and every commentator on every station in sports can come to the same unanimous agreement on this subject, and it won't mean a thing. mularkey has tunnel vision for the superbowl and he just doesn't trust jp

gr8slayer
11-11-2005, 11:23 AM
According to management, yes.
Well that is why we are a very average Buffalo Bills and dont scare anyone in the NFL.

gr8slayer
11-11-2005, 11:36 AM
Losman played against better D's than Holcomb has.

Losman:
Tampa - #1

Houston - #29

NO - #12

Atlanta - #18

Holcomb:

Miami - #16

NYJ - #17

Oakland - #23

NE - #31

Average Defense:

Losman: 15

Holcomb: 21.75

Losman has played much better D's than Holcomb has and Holcomb has done nothing special.

X-Era
11-11-2005, 11:40 AM
Losman played against better D's than Holcomb has.

Losman:
Tampa - #1

Houston - #29

NO - #12

Atlanta - #18

Holcomb:

Miami - #16

NYJ - #17

Oakland - #23

NE - #31

Average Defense:

Losman: 15

Holcomb: 21.75

Losman has played much better D's than Holcomb has and Holcomb has done nothing special.

Hey, your onthe money but why let mediocrity get in the way of a good SB fantasy

X-Era
11-11-2005, 11:42 AM

Hey I know another career backup who had one good game and didnt do jack here......RJ

Mitchy moo
11-11-2005, 11:55 AM
Does anyone realize that with Holcomb under Center we have only scored an average of 20 points a game.

That is not that great considering he is supposed to be the alpha and the omega.

With Losman we scored an average of 12 per game. One touchdown more per game. Is Holcomb really that much better?

Is losing time with Losman's development worth one more touchdown and one more win?

How about time of possession, did that go up?? I know it did and the less that our D is out on the field the better.

TacklingDummy
11-11-2005, 12:28 PM

OMG, this sounds just like a Flutie/Johnson arguement.

Spiderweb
11-11-2005, 01:39 PM
OMG, this sounds just like a Flutie/Johnson arguement.

Not even close......This one's far more civil.....

X-Era
11-11-2005, 01:52 PM
Watch ESPN all you want, but Holcomb is not losing his job until the Bills are matehmatically eliminated, IMO.

Unfortunately I agree, even though its MONUMENTALLY stupid.

I predict that will be 3 games from now. I think we beat either KC or SDand lose to Car. I hope, i truly hope, JP is back before Dec 4. If we dont have him back before Mia, we beat Mia and then Hoclomb survives through the NE game. At that point JP gets just 3 games and that will probably cost us at least 5 games next year early.

To me replacing Holcomb should happen immediately but I can only hope for it to happen when we are at 7 losses. Id love to get JP up against both Mia and NE this year.

Demon
11-11-2005, 04:24 PM

No way... i thought we're gonna keep Kelly Holcomb in as Qb for the next 2 season, regardless for winning or losing.

Seriously, ESPN is losing alot of credibility around the league and they have some of the biggest idiots working for them. Who said that? Please tell me it wasn't Sean Salsbury? LOL

ShadowHawk7
11-11-2005, 04:25 PM
I say if we drop to 3-6, maybe 3-7 depending on how we play Sunday, we ride JP the rest of the way.

jpdex12
11-11-2005, 07:38 PM
Last season the Giants were hanging on to their Kurt Warner bandaid at 5-4. They let the bleeding start by plugging in their future, Eli Manning, who led them down the drain with 6 consecutive losses to a 6-10 season.

Look where they healed up to this season. Division leading 6-2.

The Giants team is exactly like ours. A pretty good running back, a couple of decent receivers, an average O-line, and a slightly above average defense. No reason we can't do what they did.

Don't forget Miyagi, they are in a more competitive division than us this year. Just proves your point even more! I agree with you!

jpdex12
11-11-2005, 07:50 PM
You forget that the rest of the AFCE teams are beside the bills in the emergency room. Let's bleed to death or pull the plug even though there might be a cure . The other teams haven't given up, let's be the first ones to. NOT

Get this...we spent an extra first round pick for JP, not the career back up Holcomb. WTF is so hard to understand that we are not winning with KH? Is KH better than Drew Bledsoe? NO! We didn't get it done last year with a #2 defense and a better QB so what makes you Holcombaniacs think that this "far from Frank Reich" QB will get it done this year?

We need a bigger spark at QB. A QB that can take the friggin game into his own hands and win a game like Jim Kelly used to when need be. We need to find out if JP is capable of progressing to that point and we are pissing away next year on the mediocrity of losing this year with him on the pine.

Smarten the "F" up TD and MM!

Turf
11-11-2005, 08:26 PM
This coaching staff doesn't have any identity, plan or direction. They have no long term plan. They are on a week to week basis if not a half by half basis.

Agreed, they're lost.

Novacane
11-11-2005, 09:18 PM
How about time of possession, did that go up?? I know it did and the less that our D is out on the field the better.

Time of possession does not matter if we don't put points on the board

Mitchy moo
11-11-2005, 10:40 PM

True, but it's less likely to let our opponents put points on the board as well!

BillsFever21
11-12-2005, 08:01 AM

Losman played better teams too like Tampa and Atlanta. Holcomb hasn't face one team with a winning record yet and he's 2-2 and we were lucky to beat Miami at home nontheless. It took a fumble by Ronnie Brown at the end of the game to win along with Miami giving us the game in the 1st half. Holcomb couldn't close it out in the 2nd half.

The combined win/loss of the teams he has beat is a big 5-11. The combined teams of the ones he's lost against is 7-9.

None of these teams have a great defense either and we're still not putting points on the board. Some made a big deal out of our great offensive output 2 weeks ago against NE when we scored a big 16 points against one of the worst defenses in the league this year.

If we lose this week there shouldn't be any question as to whether JP should be back in. They took him out after a 3 game losing streak and two of them were against good teams. If we lose this game we'll have another 3 game losing streak.

In 4 starts Holcomb has 3 INT's, 6 Fumbles and 7 TO's. Losman had 2 INT's, 2 fumbles and 3 TO's.

Holcomb is a TO machine. His TO's lead to points on the other side of the ball. In JP's 4 starts our defense gave up a respectable 69 points. Since Holcomb took over we've given up 90 points. Some of them points have come off of Holcomb's TO's.

Had JP played the last 4 games he'd be just as good as Holcomb right now. He needed some experience reading coverages and getting his feet wet. He protected the ball and made some plays with his feet something Holcomb hasn't came close to doing.

JP takes more chances too. He got us some pass interference calls by trying to go downfield. Holcomb doesn't even try.

BillsFever21
11-12-2005, 08:05 AM

Exactly.

And Skooby, how has this helped the D any? They've given up 31 more points in Holcomb's 4 starts then we did in Losman's 4 starts.