Quick question for all of the Holcomb/win now people.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Quick question for all of the Holcomb/win now people.

What happens if we finish 8-8, win the division and get blown up at Pittsburgh in the first round of the playoffs?

Because we made the playoffs do we stick with Holcomb and build on the performance of this year? Or do we go with the unproven inexperianced backup?

The best chance to win prolly again will be Holcomb, so I guess it would be him then?
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Re: Quick question for all of the Holcomb/win now people.

If we finish 8-8, we wont make the playoffs... a more likely scenerio is to finish 9-7 or 10-6 to make the playoffs (not likely in that it will happen, but likely in that it will be necessary to make the playoffs as a wild card)

That said... if we finish 9-7 or 10-6... it means that th team came together, and more importantly, beat some HELLISH good teams in doing it! I'd much rather end on a 9-7 note beating the teams we face this season, than the run we made last season against lower tier teams.

9-7 for me would be great! Then you let JP and KH fight it out in camp and preseason.

Comment

• bills&sabresmvf
      • May 2005

It's a tough decision, but to be honost a teams thinking is not about the future right now. No matter what we say, they take it week by week. If Holcomb finishes the year, then they'll have a tryout in pre-season for the best quarterback. That's how it goes, even though it's frusterating not to know what we're looking at next year.

Comment

• bills&sabresmvf
        • May 2005

you beat me to it Pride

Comment

• BidsJr
          • Sep 2002

Then.......... After finishing 9-7 for the second year in a row, you really think Mularkey and Donahue are gonna sit the QB that got them there for the second time in two years?

If they do and the Bills lose the first game with JP he is on the bench again when all hell breaks loose with the team, fans etc.

If they don't Kelly stays in maybe we finish 7-9, or 9-7 again.
          "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• Pride
            • Jul 2002

Whats funny is... that all of these people saying put JP in dont realize something.

Just cause JP is playing, doesnt mean that HE is getting better! Not saying he wont.. but it isnt a guarantee.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

As fun as it would be to finish 6-2, it might be terrible in the long term. I honestly believe that this team is on the wrong track with Donahoe, and if we finish 6-2 nothing will change.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Pride
                • Jul 2002

If we finish the year 9-7 after a 1-3 start... that means that Kelly was 8 and 4. Not bad at all considering our defense sucks!

And why not play Kelly next year? Sure, you pay all that money to losman, but you play the better QB... no matter what.

Comment

• BidsJr
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Pride
                  Whats funny is... that all of these people saying put JP in dont realize something.

Just cause JP is playing, doesnt mean that HE is getting better! Not saying he wont.. but it isnt a guarantee.

What's really funny is that the people saying keep Kelly in, think that he is all of a sudden turn into a QB that can win games long term.

Comment

• Pride
                    • Jul 2002

TD is not going anywhere until after Ralph passes on. Get used to it. Part of the reason he was hired was to take over for Ralph prior to and immediately following Ralph's death.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Pride

like I said in another thread- if he plays, at least we'll KNOW, which will make us better off at the end of the season than we were at the beginning. If he sucks, we'll know we need to start making other plans for QB, if he improves, we'll know we're onto something, but at least this season will have served a purpose.

If we leave Holcomb in to make a lame attempt at a playoff spot and we don't make it (which is the more likely outcome), this season will have meant nothing in the long run.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bills&sabresmvf
                        • May 2005

You're exactly right Opiv. I'm afraid if we have another turnaround season, which doesn't look good, that we won't do anything. That's what happened last year, they felt we had enough talent and we'd move on like we did last year. It just didn't work, and our schedule last year was against cake teams. I want them to win, but at the same time I want some strong aquisitions to make this team even better next year!

Comment

• BidsJr
                          • Sep 2002

If JP was 4-12 this year and the Bills went 11-5 next year would you still be talking about TD?

Comment

• Pride
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BidsJr
                            What's really funny is that the people saying keep Kelly in, think that he is all of a sudden turn into a QB that can win games long term.
                            All I know is the fact that last week, on national primetime TV, in Foxboro.. we were winning in the 4th quarter! Call me crazy.... but I never would have expected that... not even prior to the season! He doesnt lose games... if our D was a top 15 ranked D, we would 5-3 instead of 3-5!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                              Maybe?
                              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              As fun as it would be to finish 6-2, it might be terrible in the long term. I honestly believe that this team is on the wrong track with Donahoe, and if we finish 6-2 nothing will change.
                              100% agree. As a fan I want to win, but I also know that that will never happen with TD at the helm. So whatever it takes to get his ass out of here I support.

Comment

Working...
                              X