PDA

View Full Version : I like this Mock Draft

Captain Obvious
11-11-2005, 02:26 PM
http://www.gbnreport.com/2006projection.html

I know, I know. Were only a game out of 1st place, its way to early to be talking about the 2006 draft. But I like this mock draft, because it has the bills picking Rod Wright, a DT from Texas with their first pick. I like this because Rod Wright in this mock, is the first DT taken, and also because I feel going into next year DT is our biggest need(i would have like this mock better if they had the bills picking 32 instead of 13th but that is neither here nor there.) Even though I like Rod Wright whats interesting is his supposed weaknesses,(inconsistent, doesn't play with fire coming out of his ears at all times) is also the same things that are said about a current bill who played at Texas and was a high draft pick.

Devin
11-11-2005, 02:31 PM
I like that draft as well! Wright is a monster DT.

ParanoidAndroid
11-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Haloti Ngata, in my mind, is the guy the Bills should look at. I've seen him ranked higher than Wright in several places and he doesn't have a "knock."
He has the rare combination of immense skill AND effort.

Captain Obvious
11-11-2005, 02:44 PM
Haloti Ngata, in my mind, is the guy the Bills should look at. I've seen him ranked higher than Wright in several places and he doesn't have a "knock."
He has the rare combination of immense skill AND effort.

Yeah, I like him too. Alot can change between now and next April, but I would like TD to pick either Wright or Ngata next year. The bills need a young stud DT in the worst way.

dannyek71
11-11-2005, 04:15 PM
no way leinhart goes 3rd

Demon
11-11-2005, 04:15 PM
Yeah that's a nice mock draft..... but it's like only November 12th.... lol

Devin
11-11-2005, 04:42 PM
no way leinhart goes 3rd

If the top 3 picks are those teams its more then possible. Although I could see Houston taking him.

dannyek71
11-11-2005, 04:55 PM
If the top 3 picks are those teams its more then possible. Although I could see Houston taking him.

Any team other than SF that are that low will take him. I could even see GB taking him that low. (I know they already have a "QB of the future")

Demon
11-11-2005, 04:56 PM
Any team other than SF that are that low will take him. I could even see GB taking him that low. (I know they already have a "QB of the future")

So why would they take another one.... ???

jpdex12
11-11-2005, 07:19 PM
I would trade down with KC to get Ngata and pick up another 2nd rounder. Is that all you guys think that we would get is a 2nd rounder for trading down?

chubluv
11-11-2005, 09:44 PM
no way leinhart goes 3rd

Why not? GB has Rodgers & Houston isnt going to give up on Carr yet. Tennessee makes sense at 3rd overall.

Maybe a team like the Jets or Dolphins or someone else would want to trade up to #1 & get him. By the way I hope he doesnt get drafted by a team in our div I was just giving examples.

Captain Obvious
11-11-2005, 09:59 PM
I would trade down with KC to get Ngata and pick up another 2nd rounder. Is that all you guys think that we would get is a 2nd rounder for trading down?

I think it is reasonable to ask KC for a 2nd Round pick to go from 12 to 22. However, in order for KC to want to move up to 12, there must be a player they really like in order to do that. They should look at drafting a QB to replace Trent Green in the future, but Leinart will be gone and Vince Young has emphatically said he is going back to college next year(Mel Kiper thinks after Matt Leinart, there isn't QB worth picking until late in the 1st Round.)

ParanoidAndroid
11-11-2005, 10:05 PM

For a middle round 1? A 2nd and at least a 4th...possibly even a 3rd.

In this draft, I would definately be looking to trade down!

We might be looking at a 3rd or 4th round compensatory pick this year as well.

ParanoidAndroid
11-11-2005, 10:16 PM
Click the link below nd you should get a list of many many draft links at FF Toolbox.
http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2006_mockdrafts.cfm

You are about to become an expert. :D

TigerJ
11-11-2005, 11:31 PM
I think Ngata has more upside than Wright, but either one would improve the Bills' run defense instantly.

clumping platelets
11-12-2005, 12:37 AM
If you look at the pending UFAs, not much in the way of DL....I bet the Bills use FA to help the OL and the draft to find the future at DT. I also wouldn't mind a trade down

jpdex12
11-12-2005, 07:06 AM
If you look at the pending UFAs, not much in the way of DL....I bet the Bills use FA to help the OL and the draft to find the future at DT. I also wouldn't mind a trade down

In any event, we should have a bunch of day one picks this coming spring. Pretty exciting and especially if we know we are on the right track with Losman...so put him in now MM!

Captain Obvious
11-12-2005, 09:24 AM
In any event, we should have a bunch of day one picks this coming spring. Pretty exciting and especially if we know we are on the right track with Losman...so put him in now MM!

Yeah, its nice to have alot of day ! picks. However, TD needs to pick some good players in order to get this rebuilding program headed in the right direction, and his draft record so far in Buffalo has been so-so.