PDA

View Full Version : How to make T.O a team player.

footballhottie
11-11-2005, 04:46 PM
This a a very rough draft of a paper for my football class read it and tell me what you think.. thanx :up:

The Facts

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o:p></o:p>
Terrell Owens was born December 7<sup>th</sup> 1973. He is a 226 pound, 6 foot 3, wide receiver for the Philadelphia Eagles. He attended Chattanooga in Tennessee. Originally drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in 1996.Owens has had 10 years of NFL experience. He has gained 10,535 receiving yards, averaging about 66 yards per game. Over his 10-year career he has had 101 TD’s. Only 5 other people in the NFL has had 100 touchdowns. Averaging about 10 TD’s a season.
In 2001 Terrell Owens was pronounced as one of the best offensive players in the NFL. He has earned first-team All-Pro honors by Associated Press, second-team All-Pro honors by College & Pro Football Weekly, Football News and Football Digest, and named All-NFC by Pro Football Weekly also earned first Pro Bowl appearance with career high 97 receptions in 2000.
Owens produced the most productive receiving game in all of the NFL history in 2000 with a NFL record 20 receptions against Chicago. 20 receptions broke the 50-year old record set by Tom Fears of the Rams. In 1998 Owens was responsible for one of the most memorable plays in the teams history with is 25-yard game-winning touchdown reception between four defenders against Green Bay in the NFC Wild Card Game.
Along with his amazing pass catching ability, Owens is also one of league's top run blocking receivers. Exceptional size, speed and strength make him a dangerous offensive weapon.
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <o:p></o:p><!--[endif]-->

The Problem

Terrell is often thought of as a self centered, jerk by his fans. Even after he signed a 49 million dollar 7 year contract, it still was not enough. Call Terrell unappreciative is nothing but the truth. Your average brain surgeon will make 7 million dollars over 30 years BEFORE taxes, living expenses, and a home for his entire life and his family. But the fans are not the only ones with a problem with Owens. T.O has been suspended for 4 games the max signal suspension aloud. The eagles have no intention on bringing T.O back after the 4 games. 9 times out of 10 when you hear of a player being suspended it is because of a crime, what T.O did was not illegal. But what Owens did do was dancing on the Cowboys' midfield logo, took over the cheerleaders' pompoms after getting to the end zone, suggested his quarterback was a homosexual, and made a needlessly vulgar TV promo with Nicollette Sheridan. After catching his 100th touchdown pass of his career against the San Diego Chargers, in the 2nd quarter of the October 30<sup>th</sup> game. He claims he was not giving the appreciation he thought he deserved. But the straw that broke the camel’s back was after the Eagles had yet another hideous loss, this time at Washington. Owens said it was a "good assumption" that the Eagles would be better off with Brett Favre at quarterback instead of McNabb. After being suspended he had ripped the organization and McNabb, and had not apologized to the team. After being banished, Owens did apologize to Reid, the organization and McNabb but the Eagles still have no interest in bringing him back.

The Solution

The truth of the matter is, you just can’t throw away what may be the best wide receiver in NFL history. But you also cannot have a teammate whose words have such an effect on other teammates to the extent that it costs the team the game. That is why I have come up with what I like to call “shock therapy”. Shock therapy is a treatment that uses a shock collar commonly used for training dogs. The way it works is quit simple. Anytime Terrell says something offensive to or about a teammate or the organization. He is giving a light to moderate shock depending on the seriousness of the comment to his neck. Because Terrell is much more intelligent then a dog, shock therapy with have to be used constantly, instead of a training method to associate bad behavior with pain. Seeing he could easily distinguish if or not the collar was around his neck. A team of 6 people would be needed to rotate around 3 shifts of 8 hours each schedule. The person would be required to stay with TO every second of their shift. If he needs to use the bathroom or is partaking in sexual activity with women the shock collar with be substituted for a bark collar witch will go off if he says anything. Each person will earn a salary of the average security guard. If Terrell has a 49 million dollar 7 year contract that means he makes 7 million a year. A security guard makes about 20 dollars an hour. This would cost about 175,200 dollars to run. 175,200 dollars out of a 7 million dollar year salary is only about 2.5% of this salary. A VERY small price to pay for what may b e the best WR in the NFL.

Demon
11-11-2005, 04:55 PM
I like it.

But i'm still a little distracted about that oral exam stuff..... lol

footballhottie
11-11-2005, 04:56 PM
lol i cant wait...this is going to be great. not only am i going to present this is class...im going to email it to TD

pintonick96
11-11-2005, 05:00 PM
TO is garbage. He's going to wind up in Houston or Oakland or someplace that really needs a WR.

Demon
11-11-2005, 05:01 PM
dude, who is in your avatar ??

Captain Obvious
11-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Terrell Owens isn't the greatest WR in history. Ever heard of Jerry Rice? Raymond Berry? Lance Alworth? The whole shock therapy thing is kinda stupid.
I'd give it an F. So where are you taking this football class? In HS? University?

Demon
11-11-2005, 05:07 PM
Don't listen to him FH, it's A material. :)

pintonick96
11-11-2005, 05:07 PM
dude, who is in your avatar ??

Two chicks making out.

Demon
11-11-2005, 05:09 PM
Two chicks making out.

lol yeah no kidding.

I was wondering who? A party you went to or what..

btw anyway go to the sabres game vs carolina? In the 2nd period they did the kiss cam, and 2 chicks started making out, it was pretty nice i won't even lie.

pintonick96
11-11-2005, 05:12 PM
lol yeah no kidding.

I was wondering who? A party you went to or what..

btw anyway go to the sabres game vs carolina? In the 2nd period they did the kiss cam, and 2 chicks started making out, it was pretty nice i won't even lie.

A party at RIT. I dunno the girls.

Demon
11-11-2005, 05:16 PM
A party at RIT. I dunno the girls.

dude RIT parties are the best. I used to go to some of them with the basketball team, i knew some guys on the team, Joe and Murph, i donno if you fallowed the team. Murph was a starter and Joe was a backup now plays at MCC. But yeah RIT has some serious sick parties.

ublinkwescore
11-11-2005, 05:19 PM
FBH, no offense, but let's just say you may very well be a posterchild for blondes everywhere.

DynaPaul
11-11-2005, 05:52 PM
You need to fix the grammar, tighten the sentence flow, and not solely rely on the spell checker. For example, in one spot you have "signal" instead of "single".

gannd
11-11-2005, 07:05 PM
TO should die a horrible death. Maybe trip into a meat grinder.

ps..what class would you submit this to?

ajsdx
11-11-2005, 08:27 PM
Need to fix a few sentence fragments and read about ethics (cf Bush's torture policies). Also, your average brain surgeon makes a TON more than 7 million over 30 years. Terrell Owens is 6'4". Quit talking about RIT parties on a Bills message board. Switch more avatars to girl on girl make out sessions. Use the same font for the whole paper.

;)

A tongue-in-cheek paper, and I enjoyed reading it. I even learned a few things about security guards. Thanks for posting.

Captain Obvious
11-11-2005, 10:03 PM
TO should die a horrible death. Maybe trip into a meat grinder.

ps..what class would you submit this to?

The deepest "recesses" of her imagination?

footballhottie
11-11-2005, 11:24 PM
Like i said its a very rough draft and its for a college football class i'm not getting credit for...should give everyone a good laugh. Plus i really liked writing it. thanx for eveyone that liked it and gave me advice.

The_Philster
11-12-2005, 04:37 AM
Because Terrell is much more intelligent then a dog,That's debatable..and personally, I'd rather just have the strongest guy on the team smack him across the mouth with a baseball bat everytime he opens his mouth :idunno:

footballhottie
11-12-2005, 07:11 AM
The shock collar would be more fun...seeing i wanna be the one to do it.

The_Philster
11-12-2005, 07:12 AM
I wouldn't mind demonstrating my idea :evil:

footballhottie
11-12-2005, 07:17 AM
i might be demonstrating my idea on you this week :mad:

The_Philster
11-12-2005, 07:37 AM
:huh:

Lexwhat
11-12-2005, 02:52 PM

Yo,

I put this down in another thread, but people didnt notice I guess. It probally wont do anything for your paper, but people would be surprised to read it.

I thought people might find this story on Terrell interesting...about him growing up (yes its real)...It doesn't justify anything, but it probally provides some reasons as to why he acts how he acts...Try to read objectively...

Terrell was the first son to his mother, Marilyn Heard. Only 17 at the time, she was the product of a dysfunctional family herself. Most of Marilyn's childhood was spent in fear and silence. Marilyn's mother, Alice, was cruel to her children, raising them in a confined environment with little love or support. Marilyn wasn't allowed to play with other children, and had to come home directly after school. If she didn't, she would pay the price in welts and bruises.

A man named L.C. Russell lived across the street with his wife and kids. Russell was 14 years older than Marilyn, but that didn't matter to either. She craved love and human contact, and he became the father of Terrell. Despite the awkward situation, Russell stayed in the neighborhood with his family.

Marilyn tried to keep her pregnancy a secret from her mother and stepfather, but could only do so for only so long. One night Marilyn's younger sister ran away to live with an aunt. She remained at home with Terrell, who was just a baby.

After Terrell, Marilyn had a girl named Latasha. She was married to the infant's father for a brief time. Then in the early 80's came two more babies—Sharmaine and Victor—fathered by another man.

Terrell often stayed with his grandmother Alice. She was as hard on him as she was on Marilyn. Alice gave him a bike but he could only ride it in the yard. Terrell was permitted no spare time with his friends and couldn't watch TV. He was also whipped regularly. For all the abuse, however, Terrell loved Alice, viewing her as a second mother.

When Terrell was young, Alice's marriage fell apart and she began drinking heavily. The youngster often had to take care of her until she sobered up. One time Alice was so intoxicated, she put her purse in the oven and burned up all her money. Ironically, Alice seemed to lighten up as her alcohol problem worsened. She even bought Terrell a go-cart, which they would drive on the highway.

When Terrell turned 12, he befriended a girl across the street. Her father noticed and confronted him, warning Terrell that the girl was actually his half-sister. Thus the youngster learned who his father was.

To escape his tortured home life, Terrell became immersed in sports. Basketball, baseball and swimming were his favorites. He also loved football, idolizing San Francisco star Jerry Rice. He played despite stark opposition from Alice. Marilyn, by contrast, supported her son completely, knowing sports made him happy...

Drive 4 Five
11-12-2005, 03:19 PM
...And if I remeber correctly, this moron, that some of you are so fascinated with, even took shots at his childhood idol. He respects no one. Not even himself. Grandma proved that the best way to handle this guy is to beat his ass repeatedly and then buy him a shiny new bike afterwards.

FBH, no offense, but the fact that you would even CONSIDER wasting good paper on a guy like this speaks for itself. I suppose for a college football class for no credit, it is somewhat appropriate, but to be completely honest, I couldn't stand to read more than the first two paragraphs.