• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Look, I want to make peace with my fellow Zoners

I am in favor of playing JP. Furthermore, I was in favor of showing the guts to stick with him.

To me, that "guts" is the same stuff that Zoners who want Holcomb to continue playing have. Its the same thing.

I cannot and will not deny that Holcomb-still-the-starter fans have the guts to try their best to win. Thats exactly the type of stuff that us Bills fans should have. There is nothing wrong with that.

My arguement has little if anything to do with now. I have already assumed that the season is lost. To me, and yes its bull headed, the season is lost if we dont get a SB win. To me, its not good enough to just get to the playoffs.

Again, I cannot blame any fan who want to put our best foot forward now.

I only believe that I have seen enough of QB's who dont have enough of the right stuff to win a SB here. I do feel Holcomb ultimately wont do it.

So, the next step is finding the guy who will. JP is an unknown tome and I want to see if its him, if not sh_t can him and lets get the right guy.

We are all fans, no one wants to admit defeat. No one wants to lose. I just feel that when your moving to slow in the right lane, im willing to even slow down more to get in the left lane if it means moving forward.

Yes, I like watching prospects. I do. I am a huge draft fan, and I love watching young guys step up. But, fug me and what I like if the Bills can win with Holcomb. I could very well be wrong, we will just have to see.

Lets do our best to not allow this to turn into RJ/Flutie again. Fug that what a mess. Its not worth it. Lets keep the peace.

• Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Look, I want to make peace with my fellow Zoners

NFL = Not for long. No one stays up to long or down to long. Just when you think a team can't beat another it happens. If anyone seen Tampa bay losing to San fran let me know, I need some long shots.

Point being that things have tendency of averaging out and teams that started well might not finish well. Injuries, stronger schedules or lack of effort all leads to losses.

The season is not lost, it's just begun. In hockey we call it the 3rd period. In football it's the 2nd half. We are in the second half now.

Comment

• ajsdx
      • Aug 2003

It all comes down to the age-old question of developing talent versus learning "how to win," whatever that means. Yeah, to a certain extent I agree that it's a lost season without a ring, but at the same time, how realistic is that? If we make the playoffs and lose, that's no good. But that experience will help us in the future, learning how to deal with the added pressure, arranging travel, stupid and mundane stuff that seems like it doesn't matter, but probably has an effect on the game. How many players on our roster have even seen a playoff game? With KH, if we make the playoffs, that's a positive experience that I guarantee will help us in the future. But you're right, Holcomb has probably taken us as far as he can; which is about .500 a season. Losman could do better, but the way he's looked so far, he needs a lot of work to get out of his funk: like maybe even all of this year plus all of next year. By that time it's pretty much guaranteed that no one on our roster will have significant playoff experience, so we start from scratch in that department. It's a tough question, which is why we're divided. If it were obvious, we wouldn't be arguing about it.

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Skooby
        NFL = Not for long. No one stays up to long or down to long. Just when you think a team can't beat another it happens. If anyone seen Tampa bay losing to San fran let me know, I need some long shots.

Point being that things have tendency of averaging out and teams that started well might not finish well. Injuries, stronger schedules or lack of effort all leads to losses.

The season is not lost, it's just begun. In hockey we call it the 3rd period. In football it's the 2nd half. We are in the second half now.
        Well what do you consider not staying up or down for a loing time? Is five or six years a long time? I would say it is. Thats the last time Buffalo has made the playoffs and once again, we will miss them this year. How long have the Patsys been good? How long where the Bengals called the Bungles?

Comment

Working...
        X