11-12-2005, 08:47 PM
:goodpost:

JD
11-12-2005, 09:08 PM
:bravo:

SkateZilla
11-12-2005, 09:56 PM
if you remeber the last season,

we got pelted the first 3 games against ottawa, and then during the 2 months we dont play them, we find a away to beat them 2-1 back to back, thanks in part to ales kotalik :)

JD
11-12-2005, 10:00 PM
we got pelted the first 3 games against ottawa, and then during the 2 months we dont play them, we find a away to beat them 2-1 back to back, thanks in part to ales kotalik :)
Times have changed, totally my friend.
:afro:

clumping platelets
11-12-2005, 10:08 PM
I got up early to watch it :ill:

buffalofan19
11-12-2005, 10:25 PM

That was actually "two seasons" ago, but yeah you are right. However, it will take alot more than that this year. I am not saying it can not be done but right now they look scared of this Ottawa team. I realize Ottawa is a very good team, probably the league's best by far, but the Sabres still need to man up and not be so intimidated. They need to stop being so tentative and just lay it all out on the line. Play extremely physical, and take some chances. Judging by the scores of the last three games, they really have nothing to lose against Ottawa anymore. They might as well play that way.

SkateZilla
11-12-2005, 10:59 PM
That was actually "two seasons" ago, but yeah you are right. However, it will take alot more than that this year. I am not saying it can not be done but right now they look scared of this Ottawa team. I realize Ottawa is a very good team, probably the league's best by far, but the Sabres still need to man up and not be so intimidated. They need to stop being so tentative and just lay it all out on the line. Play extremely physical, and take some chances. Judging by the scores of the last three games, they really have nothing to lose against Ottawa anymore. They might as well play that way.

still,

if they condition themselves and learn how to play D, we shouldn have a problem,

the offense deflates when you go down 5-0.... and if the defense cant get the puck out then we can attack them :)

either way we'll figure it out eventually...

Dr. Lecter
11-12-2005, 11:12 PM
When playing a team like Ottawa, limiting thier PP chances is a must. Apparently, the Sabres were confused about that tonight.

SkateZilla
11-13-2005, 12:14 PM
PK Sucks this year, now IN 28th PLace...

pyrrhonist
11-13-2005, 12:24 PM
Just forfeit the 5 remaining games against Ottawa

I absolutely agree. I was telling some of my hockey friends (Stars, Devs, and Flyers fans, respectively) that same sentiment after the 10-4 beating. Buffalo should just tell the NHL they wish to forfeit the remaining games against Ottawa, so they can stay home and save some face.

The only "good" news out of the Ottawa/Buffalo games is it helps Heatley keep his consecutive points streak alive. :bad:

The_Philster
11-13-2005, 08:59 PM
I got up early to watch it :ill:
guess someone shoulda messed with your alarm

Bill Brasky
11-13-2005, 09:32 PM
I think a better title would be "just forfeit the 5 remaining weeks until Miller is back"

Biron sucks.

What's his GAA now? It's gotta be well over 5 or close to it.

Uncle Jesse
11-14-2005, 12:26 AM
Even if they "get it" or whatever some people are talking about, there still going to lose!!! Mainly because Ottawa has waaay more talent than the Sabres. You get what you pay for, and the Sabres did nothing in the offseason and they're paying for on the defensive end right now. They dont deserve to be on the ice with Ottawa. Thats how you put a team together.