Watched a few Bills games this weekend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gochiefs
    • Nov 2002

Watched a few Bills games this weekend...

Noticed several things.

1. You blitz. Alot. KC better be ready to pick it up or throw a bunch of quick passes, otherwise it will be a long day for Green.

2. Your run D is bad, but perhaps not as bad as advertised. You've done a decent job against the run in the 1st quarter. The Falcons and Jets gashed you pretty bad early, but the rest of your opponents have to had to be patient. Please don't abandon the run, Al Saunders (KC OC).

3. Kelly Holcomb doesn't throw deep. With Losman running the offense, you would take the occasional shot downfield. Usually it didn't work, but that's besides the point. Holcomb almost always throws the ball short. Even when he has time to look downfield. I'd like to see LESS blitzing from Gunther Cunningham (KC DC) this week in an effort to pick off some short passes. Flood the short zones.

4. You have an EXCELLENT return game. I hope the KC special teams busted their ass this week, because they've been ****ty this year on kickoff coverage. We don't need Buffalo starting at midfield every possession. Even so, I wont be shocked if Buffalo runs back a kickoff for a score this week.

Watching the Miami game now and Holcomb really does not like to throw deep. He will stand there forever and then dump it for a 1-yard gain.
  • JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: Watched a few Bills games this weekend...

Good observations man. I hope our staff is as accurate assessing you guys.. Seems like our game planning is hit or miss most of the time.. Usually 'hitting' early in the game, then a complete lack of ability to make adjustments.

I don't know what's up with Holcomb not taking any shots downfield. Playcalling? Oline? Just being tentative? I don't remember much from the few games I saw of him in Cleveland, but I have to imagine he went deep more often than he is now. I know his arm strength is suspect, but he can throw the ball - he showed that against the Pats. 'Course, it took a blown coverage, and a wide open Moulds for him to let it fly, so...

As for Adams, I wonder how much of the horrible run D is a result of him - there's been talk from the staff that he's not running the plays that are called - I guess he's trying to do more than just his job, which you can't do in this defense. It's hard to believe losing one aging, slightly above average (albeit, very large) DT in Pat Williams could turn our run D from a strength into a glaring weakness. And the weak defensive front just totally exposes Fletcher's size and weaknesses.

Should be a good game though. We've been keeping it close at home, and I see this one being that way. It'll be interesting to see what this staff did with the extra week of preparation - probably not much...

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Re: Watched a few Bills games this weekend...

Good points-

1. A lot of our blitzes haven't been applying pressure, and our DE's don't usually get good pressure unless aided by the blitz. Opposing OC's have been good at picking up our blitzing schemes, so it depends on what kind of adjustments Jerry Gray (Bills DC) made in the bye and how prepared KC's offense is for our schemes.

2. The run D is bad but there's no reason why it should be THIS bad. Hopefully they'll figure something out, but KC still has a good run game and should be able to rely on it.

3. I think the deep ball thing is mainly a result of the O line- Holcomb just doesn't have time. Their run blocking has been above average but their pass blocking has been terrible. And Holcomb isn't as statue-esque as Bledsoe, but he's not really fast enough to get out of trouble if something goes wrong.

4. McGee's overdue. Lookout on this one.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
      X