PDA

View Full Version : Who should start next week: JP or KH?

Mr. Cynical
11-13-2005, 03:22 PM
Who should start next week: JP or KH?

bills_7
11-13-2005, 03:24 PM
not even a question... j.p.

great game today

djjimkelly
11-13-2005, 03:25 PM
JP IS THE STARTER AGAIN U BETTER BILLIEVE!!

Tatonka
11-13-2005, 03:26 PM
how can anyone pick KH? what has he done against a crap defense? i am sure that if he stayed in there, we lose today.

Mr. Cynical
It's amazing what a qb that can move and throw beyond 10 yards can do.

Novacane
should be a no brainer but Mularkey is our coach so who knows

Mr. Cynical
11-13-2005, 03:27 PM
how can anyone pick KH? what has he done against a crap defense? i am sure that if he stayed in there, we lose today.

Good question. That's why I made this poll public this time. I bet he doesn't get a vote this time around. :snicker:

bills_7
11-13-2005, 03:28 PM
should be a no brainer but Mularkey is our coach so who knows

very true... lol

or who ever tells MM what to do

jmb1099
11-13-2005, 03:30 PM
Play JP...or else

Philagape
11-13-2005, 03:31 PM
There's only one reason why JP hasn't started, and that reason is no longer valid.

Meathead
11-13-2005, 03:32 PM
r u kidding?

yeah, jp was very good today. but it was at home against a bad defense.

didn't any of y'all watch jp in the away games he started? what's the word that is opposite of poise? whatever it is, that's what he was.

if i want to win that game, what little chance they have, i'd start the veteran.

please save your petty insults. i can't wait until jp is ready to start tough games on the road. that time is not now.

Meathead
11-13-2005, 03:34 PM
"ha ha, you're the only one who voted that way"

reminder: i LOVE being the only one to vote correctly. just like before.

Novacane
11-13-2005, 03:34 PM
:lmao:

Philagape
11-13-2005, 03:36 PM
It's called learning

TheBrownBear
11-13-2005, 03:39 PM
How can you be calling JP's performance "very good?" We barely gained 200 yards as an offense. Our offense was much better with KH at the helm two weeks ago against New England.

MikeInRoch
11-13-2005, 03:40 PM
r u kidding?
didn't any of y'all watch jp in the away games he started? what's the word that is opposite of poise? whatever it is, that's what he was.
if i want to win that game, what little chance they have, i'd start the veteran.
please save your petty insults. i can't wait until jp is ready to start tough games on the road. that time is not now.

Because the QB who couldn't guide his team to a SINGLE FIRST DOWN in a quarter and a half at home against a bad defense is such a better choice. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Turf
11-13-2005, 03:42 PM
JP all the way. The kid is finding his way. It's a no brainer.

buffalofan19
If the Bills do start JP next week, he has to start for the rest of the year no matter what happens, good or bad. They can not start playing musical quarterbacks. I was happy with his play today, but my question is, can he keep it up? Like someone said, it was at home and against a very bad pass defense. Also, after those two touchdowns, he didn't do too much else. On the flip side, he did not have to, so I am good with it. I don't think it is quite a no brainer, but there is a solid argument for starting him. We will see next week at San Diego how much wiser JP really is from his time off.

Philagape
8.56 yards per attempt and a 2-0 TD-INT ratio is very good. JP had a much better game than Willis did (66 yards on 20 carries).

Philagape
11-13-2005, 03:44 PM
KC's pass defense ranking was irrelevant today; remember how bad our o-line is. KC threw the sink at him, and he did a good job of avoiding sacks while running for his life. Both TD passes were perfect execution into good coverage.

Novacane
11-13-2005, 03:48 PM
If Holcomb had played well before he got hurt I could understand the other sides arguement but he did'nt. He looked like crap against a bad D, holding the ball to long and he freaking fumbles almost everytime he gets sacked. This team will go just as far with JP as it will with Holcomb

lordofgun
11-13-2005, 03:55 PM
<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr><td class="alt1" width="50%"> KH </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%"> Meathead (http://member.php?u=171), TheBrownBear (http://member.php?u=4360)
</td> <td class="alt1" title="Votes" align="center">2</td> <td class="alt2" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">9.09%</td></tr></tbody> </table>
:rofl:

Meathead
11-13-2005, 04:13 PM
Because the QB who couldn't guide his team to a SINGLE FIRST DOWN in a quarter and a half at home against a bad defense is such a better choice. Wake up and smell the coffee.
omg

dude, you have a serious "i'm with stupid" tatoo on your forehead now

a) holcomb had a top efficiency rating going into this game

b) the ol was pass blocking like girl scouts on weed

c) he had no chance on his sack/fumble

don't worry. the tatoo will fad in a couple months. until then, you're wearin'

Iehoshua
11-13-2005, 04:16 PM
<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr><td class="alt1" width="50%"> KH </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%"> Meathead (http://member.php?u=171), TheBrownBear (http://member.php?u=4360)
</td> <td class="alt1" title="Votes" align="center">2</td> <td class="alt2" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">9.09%</td></tr></tbody> </table>

BAM
11-13-2005, 04:17 PM
J-Pizzle.

Meathead
11-13-2005, 04:20 PM
i am very concerned about the pass blocking for next week, though

that's one thing jp definitely brings to the table compared to holcomb. jp is absolutely fantastic at avoiding the rush, getting out of jams, and getting the ball to an open man. he's really gifted in that part of the game so it's not even a comparison.

and, btw, those were two terrific throw/catch combos by him and evans. very sharp throw, very sticky-handed catches.

but don't underestimate the importance of a veteran qb presence on the road. holcomb hasn't been in triple-digit rating territory for nuthin. where i think jp would wilt under the pressure of a big game on the west coast right now, it wouldn't phase holcomb, at least on a relative scale.

i know they won't do it, but i'd have no problem starting jp at home and holcomb on the road the rest of the way. seems like that could kill several birds with one stone.

a hugely encouraging performance by the superstar in waiting. but it's not soup yet.

Meathead
11-13-2005, 04:21 PM
lmao

hey don't blame me for the neighborhood

y'all will be movin in shortly anyways

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-13-2005, 04:22 PM
Shouldn't it be Who should start next week: JP or SM I don't think Holcomb will be ready he didn't look to good walking off the field after the sack he took. He was seeing :star:'s or little birdies like in the cartoons. Ride the kid out for the rest of this season let him learn!

BillsFever21
11-13-2005, 04:25 PM
It's looks like there's 2 morons left in the world at the moment.

Drive 4 Five
11-13-2005, 04:28 PM

Meathead
11-13-2005, 04:33 PM
this is so awesome

i love this

you'll catch up

until then

this is awesome

Drive 4 Five
11-13-2005, 04:39 PM
this is so awesome
i love this
you'll catch up
until then
this is awesome

You seem to forget that those of us who root for Losman have ALWAYS supported Losman. We never wavered and we're not about to start now. Much the same way you still bemoan the loss of your beloved Drew Bledsoe.

JPD 4 LIFE BABY!

X-Era
11-13-2005, 04:40 PM
How can you be calling JP's performance "very good?" We barely gained 200 yards as an offense. Our offense was much better with KH at the helm two weeks ago against New England.
yeah, if we only could have had him repeat that performance today we would have been down 0 to 3. good call. stories over but keep trying

Meathead
11-13-2005, 04:44 PM
You seem to forget that those of us who root for Losman have ALWAYS supported Losman. We never wavered and we're not about to start now. Much the same way you still bemoan the loss of your beloved Drew Bledsoe.
JPD 4 LIFE BABY!
lol

oh look, another tatoo

im4bflo
11-13-2005, 04:47 PM
No brainer... our starting QB, JP LOSMAN!
Kelly did a good job filling in, but now it's back to #1

Drive 4 Five
11-13-2005, 04:50 PM
lol
oh look, another tatoo

I'd like to tatoo your forehead...

:peace:

BillsFever21
11-13-2005, 04:59 PM
I'd like to tatoo your forehead...

:peace:

Just put the tatoo next to the one on his anus that already reads Kelly and Drew.

Drive 4 Five
11-13-2005, 05:02 PM
Just put the tatoo next to the one on his anus that already reads Kelly and Drew.

You mean the one that says I like stiffs?

Drive 4 Five
11-13-2005, 05:03 PM
Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion and we should respect her opinion too. I just don't understand why she hates Losman so much. I don't get it.

Philagape
11-13-2005, 05:05 PM
Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion and we should respect her opinion too. I just don't understand why she hates Losman so much. I don't get it.

Except when they think their opinions are "correct" and anyone who disagrees with them is a jackass. Then they're only self-righteous delusional idiots.

BillsFever21
11-13-2005, 05:06 PM

that's one thing jp definitely brings to the table compared to holcomb. jp is absolutely fantastic at avoiding the rush, getting out of jams, and getting the ball to an open man. he's really gifted in that part of the game so it's not even a comparison.

and, btw, those were two terrific throw/catch combos by him and evans. very sharp throw, very sticky-handed catches.

but don't underestimate the importance of a veteran qb presence on the road. holcomb hasn't been in triple-digit rating territory for nuthin. where i think jp would wilt under the pressure of a big game on the west coast right now, it wouldn't phase holcomb, at least on a relative scale.

i know they won't do it, but i'd have no problem starting jp at home and holcomb on the road the rest of the way. seems like that could kill several birds with one stone.

a hugely encouraging performance by the superstar in waiting. but it's not soup yet.

Yeah, Holcomb lead us to quite a great record on the road especially getting spanked against the Raiders.

Keep switching on and off? That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever read.

I know but Holcomb has that great road record of 0-2. You already told us.

ShadowHawk7
11-13-2005, 05:07 PM
Agreed. But JP is the future, and now that we can be competitive w/ him, we should stick with him now IMO.

DynaPaul
11-13-2005, 05:09 PM
Definitely J.P. starts next week. Today Holcomb showed really why he's a career backup. We don't need a guy in there who wants to pad his stats on short throws when we need to go deep to make something happen. Also his botchery on the 4 and inches and the sack that took him out showed us all his downside.

BillsFever21
11-13-2005, 05:11 PM
Definitely J.P. starts next week. Today Holcomb showed really why he's a career backup. We don't need a guy in there who wants to pad his stats on short throws when we need to go deep to make something happen. Also his botchery on the 4 and inches and the sack that took him out showed us all his downside.

Exactly.

That 4th down debacle was pathetic. He just stood there clueless and didn't even try to make anything happen. JP could've ran for it.

HHURRICANE
11-13-2005, 05:21 PM
r u kidding?

Yeah, I say we keep Holcomb in there and lose with dignity and honor. Umm, did you watch the veteran until he got hurt???

BillsFever21
11-13-2005, 05:22 PM
Yeah, I say we keep Holcomb in there and lose with dignity and honor. Umm, did you watch the veteran until he got hurt???

He was sure bragging about Holcomb after he beat a couple teams with a combined record of 5-12 at home though.

BillsFever21
11-13-2005, 05:24 PM
Oh and one of them teams was against the 2-6 lead Vinny Jets who's D is ranked 1 spot ahead of KC's going into this week.

HHURRICANE
11-13-2005, 05:24 PM
No more ****ing switching. JP is in for the rest of the season!!

ParanoidAndroid
11-13-2005, 05:31 PM
I understand your thinking, Meathead, and I would have been in your corner if Holcomb had actually made a difference in the games he played in. This was looking like a loss until JP came in. I really don't think, even with his better rating, that KH is going to win us more games. KH plays the dink and dunk game efficiently, but I have a hard time believing that the deep ball to Evans hasn't been there in his 5 games.
Some well known folks in this forum would like to take away the two big plays and evaluate what else JP did. Other than those plays, he looked exactly like he did in the games before.
JP made his case to get back in the starting lineup.
This time, he EARNED a shot.

Philagape
11-13-2005, 05:39 PM
JP looked good besides the 2 TDs. On one play he would have been sacked for like 15 yards but he threw it away at the last millisecond. He ran for a first down, diving out of bounds just beyond the marker. His accuracy was good ... a couple of passes were dropped, and he had a couple of throwaways. When he came in, it seemed the whole team got a fire lit under them.

X-Era
11-13-2005, 05:44 PM
JP looked good besides the 2 TDs. On one play he would have been sacked for like 15 yards but he threw it away at the last millisecond. He ran for a first down, diving out of bounds just beyond the marker. His accuracy was good ... a couple of passes were dropped, and he had a couple of throwaways. When he came in, it seemed the whole team got a fire lit under them.

To be fair, JP did get sacked once. But if Holcomb was in for that play it would have been...sack...fumble...touchdown...stretcher.

JP's legs buy us at least one more game.

HHURRICANE
11-13-2005, 05:46 PM

You are right. Take out the 2 long TD plays and he still played better. With our ****ty OL JP actually gives us a better chance to win!

bledslow
11-13-2005, 07:15 PM
holcomb is the better qb every day of the week. everybody here having a sportsgasm over loserman. i never seen a group of ppl whose feelings can do a 180 based on one game. the first td was poor actually. the receiver could not have been any more open,and he still kind of under threw him. the second td was his best pass of the season. he still barely hit more then half his passes.

Mitchy moo
11-13-2005, 07:22 PM
couldn't of been a better pass actually.

The_Philster
11-13-2005, 07:32 PM
Keep JP in there..as far as the veteran QB stuff, I like Holcomb, don't get me wrong...but he made a fatal rookie error against the Pats so anyone can make rookie errors...at least JP has an excuse for them...difference is, JP's errors are, for the most part, physical errors such as timing..which are more easily corrected than mental errors

SeatownBillsFan21
11-13-2005, 08:21 PM
Kelly should start and he will. JP is coming along hes just not there yet soon very soon.good game though KC def sucks and we had less than200 yrds passing not good enough 4 me or any1 one else who wants to stay in the hunt.

Michael82
11-13-2005, 08:41 PM
The question is pointless if Kelly Holcomb is injured as bad as he looked. He took a huge shot and has a really bad concussion. Even if they wanted to start Holcomb next week, I don't think he'll be ready.

But I do agree with everyone else. Now that we've gone back to JP Losman, it's for the rest of the season and I love it. We could win and if we don't...at least we are developing our rookie QB. :up:

Turf
11-13-2005, 09:46 PM

Meathead I respect your view. But Holcomb never throws deep, and other than being ultra safe conservative, he brings nothing to the table. He hasn't thrown long or even attempted to throw long once. He would never have even tried those throws JP made. In order to move forward we need a QB with an arm and some guts. Holcomb shows me neither. He's a nine year vet, he's never going to get any better. If JP starts clicking like he did today and figures this game out, the upside is tremendous.

Philagape
11-13-2005, 09:56 PM
holcomb is the better qb every day of the week.

Except Sunday :snicker:

the receiver could not have been any more open

Except for the DB right on him :funny:

This is what I meant by telling how people are not Bills fans.

Meathead
11-13-2005, 09:57 PM
looks like mikey's right, the point is moot.

jp was great today but his road games have been atrocious this year. he'll need a major, major turnaround in road poise for the bills to win. i certainly hope he does.

Meathead
11-13-2005, 10:02 PM
We could win and if we don't...at least we are developing our rookie QB. :up:
it totally depends on what your philosophy is.

if the only goal is to win then you start the steady veteran on the road when your young stud has been completely befuddled in his two previous road starts.

if your goal is to win if you can but make sure you develop your young stud no matter what then you start the young stud.

one game out of first in the division, i'll vote going for the win every time.

that would suck royally if the bills started the vet, stayed one game out the whole time, still missed the playoffs and still hadn't developed the franchise. but that's the chance you take when you're one game out of first place.

Michael82
11-13-2005, 10:10 PM
it totally depends on what your philosophy is.

if the only goal is to win then you start the steady veteran on the road when your young stud has been completely befuddled in his two previous road starts.

if your goal is to win if you can but make sure you develop your young stud no matter what then you start the young stud.

one game out of first in the division, i'll vote going for the win every time.

that would suck royally if the bills started the vet, stayed one game out the whole time, still missed the playoffs and still hadn't developed the franchise. but that's the chance you take when you're one game out of first place.
so, u don't care if the Bills go into the exact same situation as last year? They stick with the veteran and miss the playoffs by 1 game? JP Losman gets no development and we need to bite the bullet next year, taking more bumps and bruises.

Michael82
11-13-2005, 10:11 PM
looks like mikey's right, the point is moot.

jp was great today but his road games have been atrocious this year. he'll need a major, major turnaround in road poise for the bills to win. i certainly hope he does.
And Kelly Holcomb's road games have produced what results? :ill:

BFLOBILLSBURGH
11-13-2005, 10:12 PM
Kelly should start and he will. JP is coming along hes just not there yet soon very soon.good game though KC def sucks and we had less than200 yrds passing not good enough 4 me or any1 one else who wants to stay in the hunt.

Holcomb had 1 game over 200 yards and it was against NE. Their pass defense is last in the league. And we still lost that game. Just because you pass for over 200 yards doesn't produce wins. JP showed that he can make plays today. Holcomb never showed that he was making plays. JP's days of coming along on the bench are over. We are in the playoff hunt with 4 wins.

This week is a great week for JP to win on the road. The Chargers crowd is one of the lamest in the league and hopefully SD will be sluggish after the bye week. The time is now for JP.

Michael82
11-13-2005, 10:20 PM
Holcomb had 1 game over 200 yards and it was against NE. Their pass defense is last in the league. And we still lost that game. Just because you pass for over 200 yards doesn't produce wins. JP showed that he can make plays today. Holcomb never showed that he was making plays. JP's days of coming along on the bench are over. We are in the playoff hunt with 4 wins.

This week is a great week for JP to win on the road. The Chargers crowd is one of the lamest in the league and hopefully SD will be sluggish after the bye week. The time is now for JP.
There will be a lot of Bills fans there too. :up:

I'll be one of them. :jig:

Meathead
11-13-2005, 10:24 PM
Meathead I respect your view. But Holcomb never throws deep, and other than being ultra safe conservative, he brings nothing to the table.
nothing? you sure?

wasn't it holcomb who instantly turned a broken offense into a modestly productive one? remember the 75-yard passing games? why did that suddenly change when holcomb started? was the 100+ qb rating a complete fluke?

i contend that most football fans repeatedly underestimate the importance of poise for a qb in the nfl. on the road this is magnified fivefold. is fivefold a real word?

holcomb's deficiencies are obvious compared to a franchise qb in their prime. but we don't have one of those, not yet. what we have is a steady veteran who isn't spectacular but can make plays and who won't get flustered on the road.

well, now jp gets a whole week to prepare for the start. so does san diego.

with lt and ag alternating daggers to the bills' heart, i see sd scoring at least 21 points. can jp reverse course and produce road points?

stay tuned

Jerry Ewert
11-13-2005, 10:25 PM
JP has to start. the future is now. :peace:

Meathead
11-13-2005, 10:26 PM
And Kelly Holcomb's road games have produced what results? :ill:
so in ne he played bad and the loss was his fault?

Meathead
11-13-2005, 10:27 PM
how did his road performances compare to jp?

Michael82
11-13-2005, 10:32 PM
so in ne he played bad and the loss was his fault?
never said that. But he also didn't help the Bills go for the kill either. Oh, and I do remember a ****ty interception that was a throw you shouldn't make. And there was a 4th down play where he threw a 1-yard pass when he needed 8. :mad:

PUCKER
11-13-2005, 11:34 PM
J.P.!!!

vicmantak
11-14-2005, 12:52 AM
Who should start next week?

DEPENDS ON KELLY HOLCOMB'S CONDITION.

no more words...

djjimkelly
11-14-2005, 12:58 AM
hoe many times today did JP extend a play that holcomb would have been sacked and lol prolly fumbled JP is the future the better player this argument is a MOOT POINT

JP BABY

vicmantak
11-14-2005, 01:45 AM
hoe many times today did JP extend a play that holcomb would have been sacked and lol prolly fumbled JP is the future the better player this argument is a MOOT POINT
Good point but season ending injuries frequently happen when QBs try to scramble or run. Holcomb was really lucky on this play and just ask Joe Theisman if you would start JP when you have a below average OL or you have real chances to do the playoffs...

Lexwhat
11-14-2005, 02:21 AM
Who should start next week?

DEPENDS ON KELLY HOLCOMB'S CONDITION.

no more words...

I agree. Holcomb suffered a "major concussion" according to NFL.com. Unless you're Brett Favre, most players would sit out to recover for a little while. But, I highly doubt Mularkey would start Holcomb anyway.

Let's look at it like this: If Holcomb starts and plays poorly, all of Buffalo will be screaming at Mularkey and say that he should've started JP against the Chargers.

If JP starts, and plays poorly, then Mularkey could say that Holcomb was injured and couldnt play. There were no other options...Also, if JP plays well, then TD and Mularkey will look like heroes. JP playing well would certainly give us a LEGIMITATE playoff hope through the division title.

If JP ends up being a flop, then they're not gonna be much worse off than if Holcomb fails to lead us into the playoffs. At least we'll still know that we need a QB. Our team is looking more and more like a young one, especially on offense.

Basically, at this point, I dont think we have a shot at the Wild-Card. Only at the division title.

AFC North: Cincinnati and Pittsburgh. One of the these teams will take the division, and the other will take the 1st wild card.

AFC South: Indy Colts and Jacksonville Jaguars. The Colts will take the division, and the Jaguars remaining schedule is a JOKE (Titans, Cardinals, Browns, Colts, 49ers, Texans, Titans again)

AFC West: Denver Broncos, SD Chargers, KC Chiefs: This division race will be close. One of these teams will compete with the Jaguars for the last playoff spot. However, these teams all have tough schedules. I doubt a wild-card will come from here...

The JP/KH question is a tough one. It's going to be hard to overtake the Patriots due to their easy schedule. Considering all things, I would lean towards JP as the starter.

vicmantak
11-14-2005, 03:15 AM
Let's look at it like this: If Holcomb starts and plays poorly, all of Buffalo will be screaming at Mularkey and say that he should've started JP against the Chargers.

If JP starts, and plays poorly, then Mularkey could say that Holcomb was injured and couldnt play. There were no other options...Also, if JP plays well, then TD and Mularkey will look like heroes. JP playing well would certainly give us a LEGIMITATE playoff hope through the division title.

If JP ends up being a flop, then they're not gonna be much worse off than if Holcomb fails to lead us into the playoffs. At least we'll still know that we need a QB. Our team is looking more and more like a young one, especially on offense.

Basically, at this point, I dont think we have a shot at the Wild-Card. Only at the division title.
Lex, great stuff!
100% agree but I hope you'll be wrong!
I simply hope that Mularkey will go for the best option to win. IMO one good home game against one of the worst secondaries isn't enough to start a "new" era...

Tinboy
11-14-2005, 04:15 AM
I like J.P. yesterday and hope he gets at shot at SD def who has allowed 328.1 yds/g so far.

The_Philster
11-14-2005, 04:55 AM
Meathead, steady play doesn't usually include rookie mistakes that cost us the game

Meathead
11-14-2005, 07:33 AM
yes that one play was inexcuseably stupid

one play doesn't erase four games of steady play

Das_Bills
11-14-2005, 07:45 AM
I picked JP because he is showing he can be a starter. In a sence I feel that bench time did him good.

Steve

BillsFever21
11-14-2005, 08:11 AM
i contend that most football fans repeatedly underestimate the importance of poise for a qb in the nfl. on the road this is magnified fivefold. is fivefold a real word?

holcomb's deficiencies are obvious compared to a franchise qb in their prime. but we don't have one of those, not yet. what we have is a steady veteran who isn't spectacular but can make plays and who won't get flustered on the road.

well, now jp gets a whole week to prepare for the start. so does san diego.

with lt and ag alternating daggers to the bills' heart, i see sd scoring at least 21 points. can jp reverse course and produce road points?

stay tuned

Yeah, I gotta agree with you here. His great road poise helped us to an 0-2 record on the road and only being outscored 59-33. Nobody else could've done that for us.

And them 4 fumbles along with 5 TO's on the road this season have been a work of art. Very MVP like.

I just don't see anyone stopping him on the road when we are averaging 16.5 points a game on the road with him against them two stellar defenses ranked 24th and 27th.

Meathead
11-14-2005, 08:23 AM
you've been spanked - yet again

deal wid it

Philagape
11-14-2005, 08:43 AM
Winner: Fever. He uses relevant stats like turnovers, offensive production, quality of opposition, and record, to show that, effectively, Holcomb has been no more of an answer than JP has. Things like completion percentage mean nothing if the QB folds in the clutch (shouldn't we have learned that by now after the last three years?). If Holcomb can't lead us to wins other than mediocre teams at home, there is no reason to play him. Of course, JP hasn't proven that either, but he's our franchise QB we're trying to groom, and that tips the scales in his favor.

And I don't know why San Diego is so feared when they're just one rung (30th) above KC in pass defense.

Bill Brasky
11-14-2005, 08:44 AM
What the hell... what about Sugar Shane Matthews

BillsFever21
11-14-2005, 08:45 AM
Winner: Fever. He uses relevant stats like turnovers, offensive production, quality of opposition, and record, to show that, effectively, Holcomb has been no more of an answer than JP has. Things like completion percentage mean nothing if the QB folds in the clutch (shouldn't we have learned that by now after the last three years?). If Holcomb can't lead us to wins other than mediocre teams at home, there is no reason to play him. Of course, JP hasn't proven that either, but he's our franchise QB we're trying to groom, and that tips the scales in his favor.

And I don't know why San Diego is so feared when they're just one rung (30th) above KC in pass defense.

Don't confuse the poor guy. The only thing that matters is how many 3 yard pass routes you can complete.

Meathead
11-14-2005, 08:47 AM
http://www.attitude-tees.com/Attitude-Tees/panties.gif

BillsFever21
11-14-2005, 08:53 AM
The only thing I care about seeing is Losman is 2-3 against teams with a combined record of 20-24 and Holcomb is 2-2 against teams with a combined record of 13-23.

Three of JP's 5 games were against teams with winning record and two of them are dominant and one of them he beat.

One of Holcomb's games was against a team with a winning record and he lost.

Better teams and same amount of wins between the two. Has Holcomb done anything more for us?

I feel only to some who just a few weeks ago said he was finished after 4 games and couldn't beat anybody thinks any differently.

But hey, one is pretty accurate with all of them 5 yard pass completions.

Philagape
11-14-2005, 08:55 AM
Plus, a veteran like Holcomb is a constant. We know what he can and can't do. JP is a variable who's learning and has way more upside. Therefore, his previous stats are irrelevant. Judging JP by his earlier games is like saying, "You were stupid when you were 3 years old, therefore you're stupid now."

Well, maybe that's not the best analogy. :D

Meathead
11-14-2005, 08:55 AM
it must be awful to be my *****

ask phila for advice, he's been one for, oh, about three years now

BillsFever21
11-14-2005, 09:00 AM
it must be awful to be my *****

ask phila for advice, he's been one for, oh, about three years now

We already know you're used to having guys being you're *****. You must play the man in the relationship.

Philagape
11-14-2005, 09:02 AM
:roflmao: Have you found the post yet where I said to "nuke Afghanistan"? I did, and you were proven wrong again, and in an ironic and funny way, I might add. It's easy to think you're always right when you constanly misquote people.

lordofgun
11-14-2005, 09:30 AM
http://www.attitude-tees.com/Attitude-Tees/panties.gif
I was with JP until this post! Now I'm totally convinced that we should start Holcomb!

Philagape
11-14-2005, 09:38 AM
I was with JP until this post! Now I'm totally convinced that we should start Holcomb!

Good thing, or else you would be insane.

Mr. Cynical
11-14-2005, 10:11 AM
r u kidding?

One little problem with this...holcomb SUCKED ASS against the very same defense in the very same game. Apples to apples comparison. No subjectivity involved.

Philagape
11-14-2005, 11:05 AM
the receiver could not have been any more open

http://www.buffalonews.com/graphics/2005/11/14/1114sptcover_a.jpg

Mr. Cynical
11-14-2005, 11:06 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/graphics/2005/11/14/1114sptcover_a.jpg

bledslow :spank: philagape