• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gannd
    Unofficial Calgary Bills Backers President
    • Sep 2005

JP faced the 2nd worst pass def in the league

Don't get all excited and happy in the pants boys and girls. We all got crazy after they beat Hou game 1 didn't we.
  • Meathead
    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Re: JP faced the 2nd worst pass def in the league

you're also a bad, bad fan

let's keep a list of all us bad fans

this is awesome
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• BillsFever21
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by gannd
      Don't get all excited and happy in the pants boys and girls. We all got crazy after they beat Hou game 1 didn't we.
      What did Holcomb do against the same defense while he was in there?

You guys had a boner last week when Holcomb had a good game against the 30th ranked defense in the league that everyone in scoring against when we lost the game.

The Chiefs beat the Raiders last week which was the same team who spanked us with Holcomb under center.

Just admit that JP had a great game and lead us to victory. It's not that hard to do. He ended a 2 game losing streak with Holcomb under center.

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

So did Holcomb.

Playing the 2nd worst pass defense was negated by our god awful o-line. JP was running for his life and still made plays ... Holcomb was eaten alive. And the two TDs weren't because of bad defense, they were perfect execution.

By the way, San Diego's pass defense is 30th, Carolina 25th, Miami 14th, Jets 8th, Pats 27th, Denver 29th, Cincy 11th. The issue doesn't hold up as a reason for not starting JP.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Bill Brasky
          Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Meathead
          you're also a bad, bad fan

let's keep a list of all us bad fans

this is awesome
          how is he a bad fan for telling the truth?

KC gives up an avg of over 260 passing yards per game, the Bills couldn't go over 170 with their 2 main QB's.

If the D hadn't stepped it up today, this would have been a big loss.

Everybody knows that when the D makes plays, this team wins. When they suck it up, we get destroyed. Plain and simple.

KC had 72 plays to our 50, 3 more penalties than us resulting in a 30+ yard advantage, and almost 10 more minutes in possession. If our D didn't force 4 TO's, we would have lost. Hell, even with 4 TO's they still only scored 14 pts. And we were outgained on the ground.

If the roles were reversed and the Bills had advantages in T.O.P., passing, rushing, and lost 14-3 you guys would be going ape****, but because we got lucky and won you are blinded by it.

A win is a win, but don't fool yourself.

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

The haters are embarassed.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
              • May 2003

Well it's like I said earlier. While it may be only one game, Losman has given us more reason to be excited than Kelly Holcomb could ever hope to do. I suppose you guys like dink and dunk football. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I for one, like my QB's to be able to throw passes longer than twenty yards.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by jfreeman
                how is he a bad fan for telling the truth?

KC gives up an avg of over 260 passing yards per game, the Bills couldn't go over 170 with their 2 main QB's.

If the D hadn't stepped it up today, this would have been a big loss.

Everybody knows that when the D makes plays, this team wins. When they suck it up, we get destroyed. Plain and simple.

KC had 72 plays to our 50, 3 more penalties than us resulting in a 30+ yard advantage, and almost 10 more minutes in possession. If our D didn't force 4 TO's, we would have lost. Hell, even with 4 TO's they still only scored 14 pts. And we were outgained on the ground.

If the roles were reversed and the Bills had advantages in T.O.P., passing, rushing, and lost 14-3 you guys would be going ape****, but because we got lucky and won you are blinded by it.

A win is a win, but don't fool yourself.
                Maybe if Holcomb could've posted more then 25 yards passing in his 25 minutes and 40 total team yards it would've looked different.

JP lead this team to 14 points and 170 yards in 35 minutes. Just swallow your pride instead of Holcomb's jizz and face the facts.

We got lucky? Beating a good team by 11 points is lucky? We kicked their ass the final 35 minutes.

Comment

• gannd
                  Unofficial Calgary Bills Backers President
                  • Sep 2005

Oh come on, I never once said Holcomb was the man to run us in the playoffs. Nobody with a right mind would say he could do it. I'm just reading this oh high and mighty JP is the savior and the SB is ours posts.

Holcomb was there because JP had to learn and maybe he did. But JP or Holcomb won't lead us to a nothing so don't get excited. JP might be the next Carson Palmer but not until next year. It's a reality check, not a knock on JP.

Until JP shows he can throw for 300+ a game a qb is not worth it's weight in floatation devices. This def is horrible at run def, and this is not the Pitts steelers calibre so get over it.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                    Maybe if Holcomb could've posted more then 25 yards passing in his 25 minutes and 40 total team yards it would've looked different.

JP lead this team to 14 points and 170 yards in 35 minutes. Just swallow your pride instead of Holcomb's jizz and face the facts.

We got lucky? Beating a good team by 11 points is lucky? We kicked their ass the final 35 minutes.
                    Kicked their ass = 14 points over a span of 35 minutes, at home, with a 4-2 Turnover advantage and a stud RB? Kicked their ass is hardly the terminology I'd use.

I'd hate to see your description of a barn burner... 17-14... 21-20?

When did I ever swallow Holcomb's jizz?

Maybe you should face the facts.

I'm not concerned. I'm sure you'll be calling for JP's head or Holcomb's head whenever the next major embarassment takes place, or whoever the flavor of the week is.

Whatever helps you sleep at night dude.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by gannd
                      Oh come on, I never once said Holcomb was the man to run us in the playoffs. Nobody with a right mind would say he could do it. I'm just reading this oh high and mighty JP is the savior and the SB is ours posts.

Holcomb was there because JP had to learn and maybe he did. But JP or Holcomb won't lead us to a nothing so don't get excited. JP might be the next Carson Palmer but not until next year. It's a reality check, not a knock on JP.

Until JP shows he can throw for 300+ a game a qb is not worth it's weight in floatation devices. This def is horrible at run def, and this is not the Pitts steelers calibre so get over it.
                      What?! Nobody is saying that he is our savior and that now we are going to the SB. Get real. Can you read? We're simply saying that we are glad our franchise QB came in and played well and we're hoping he can build on this SOLID performance. We're excited for our young QB. So you get over it.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                        • Jan 2004

JP played well.

But the defense lead us to victory, and bailed our horrible play calling out the entire game.
                        You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Drive 4 Five
                          What?! Nobody is saying that he is our savior and that now we are going to the SB. Get real. Can you read? We're simply saying that we are glad our franchise QB came in and played well and we're hoping he can build on this SOLID performance. We're excited for our young QB. So you get over it.
                          Exactly

JP will have some more bad games but he showed what he can do.

The haters were blowing Holcomb after he beat a couple bad teams who are 3-6 and 2-6 but they wanna make excuses when JP beats a good team.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
                            JP played well.

But the defense lead us to victory, and bailed our horrible play calling out the entire game.
                            The defense went wild after we got ahead by JP's perfect throws to Evans because it took LJ out of the game.

Johnson had 100 yards in the first half and about 20 yards in the 2nd half because JP got us the lead. Without that lead LJ would've continues to tear us apart.

We were outgained about 150-40 until JP came in. After that things changed.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
                              JP played well.

I could be mistaken but it might have been the two touchdowns our offense scored that forced the Chiefs to abandon the run which led to pressure on the Qb which led to turnovers.

Comment

Working...
                              X