PDA

View Full Version : JP faced the 2nd worst pass def in the league

gannd
11-13-2005, 04:42 PM
Don't get all excited and happy in the pants boys and girls. We all got crazy after they beat Hou game 1 didn't we.

Meathead
11-13-2005, 04:45 PM
you're also a bad, bad fan

let's keep a list of all us bad fans

this is awesome

BillsFever21
11-13-2005, 04:47 PM
Don't get all excited and happy in the pants boys and girls. We all got crazy after they beat Hou game 1 didn't we.

What did Holcomb do against the same defense while he was in there?

You guys had a boner last week when Holcomb had a good game against the 30th ranked defense in the league that everyone in scoring against when we lost the game.

The Chiefs beat the Raiders last week which was the same team who spanked us with Holcomb under center.

Just admit that JP had a great game and lead us to victory. It's not that hard to do. He ended a 2 game losing streak with Holcomb under center.

Philagape
11-13-2005, 04:51 PM
So did Holcomb.

Playing the 2nd worst pass defense was negated by our god awful o-line. JP was running for his life and still made plays ... Holcomb was eaten alive. And the two TDs weren't because of bad defense, they were perfect execution.

By the way, San Diego's pass defense is 30th, Carolina 25th, Miami 14th, Jets 8th, Pats 27th, Denver 29th, Cincy 11th. The issue doesn't hold up as a reason for not starting JP.

Bill Brasky
11-13-2005, 04:53 PM
you're also a bad, bad fan

let's keep a list of all us bad fans

this is awesome
how is he a bad fan for telling the truth?

KC gives up an avg of over 260 passing yards per game, the Bills couldn't go over 170 with their 2 main QB's.

If the D hadn't stepped it up today, this would have been a big loss.

Everybody knows that when the D makes plays, this team wins. When they suck it up, we get destroyed. Plain and simple.

KC had 72 plays to our 50, 3 more penalties than us resulting in a 30+ yard advantage, and almost 10 more minutes in possession. If our D didn't force 4 TO's, we would have lost. Hell, even with 4 TO's they still only scored 14 pts. And we were outgained on the ground.

If the roles were reversed and the Bills had advantages in T.O.P., passing, rushing, and lost 14-3 you guys would be going ape****, but because we got lucky and won you are blinded by it.

A win is a win, but don't fool yourself.

BillsFever21
11-13-2005, 04:54 PM
The haters are embarassed.

Drive 4 Five
11-13-2005, 04:55 PM
Well it's like I said earlier. While it may be only one game, Losman has given us more reason to be excited than Kelly Holcomb could ever hope to do. I suppose you guys like dink and dunk football. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I for one, like my QB's to be able to throw passes longer than twenty yards.

BillsFever21
11-13-2005, 04:57 PM

KC gives up an avg of over 260 passing yards per game, the Bills couldn't go over 170 with their 2 main QB's.

If the D hadn't stepped it up today, this would have been a big loss.

Everybody knows that when the D makes plays, this team wins. When they suck it up, we get destroyed. Plain and simple.

KC had 72 plays to our 50, 3 more penalties than us resulting in a 30+ yard advantage, and almost 10 more minutes in possession. If our D didn't force 4 TO's, we would have lost. Hell, even with 4 TO's they still only scored 14 pts. And we were outgained on the ground.

If the roles were reversed and the Bills had advantages in T.O.P., passing, rushing, and lost 14-3 you guys would be going ape****, but because we got lucky and won you are blinded by it.

A win is a win, but don't fool yourself.

Maybe if Holcomb could've posted more then 25 yards passing in his 25 minutes and 40 total team yards it would've looked different.

JP lead this team to 14 points and 170 yards in 35 minutes. Just swallow your pride instead of Holcomb's jizz and face the facts.

We got lucky? Beating a good team by 11 points is lucky? We kicked their ass the final 35 minutes.

gannd
11-13-2005, 05:02 PM
Oh come on, I never once said Holcomb was the man to run us in the playoffs. Nobody with a right mind would say he could do it. I'm just reading this oh high and mighty JP is the savior and the SB is ours posts.

Holcomb was there because JP had to learn and maybe he did. But JP or Holcomb won't lead us to a nothing so don't get excited. JP might be the next Carson Palmer but not until next year. It's a reality check, not a knock on JP.

Until JP shows he can throw for 300+ a game a qb is not worth it's weight in floatation devices. This def is horrible at run def, and this is not the Pitts steelers calibre so get over it.

Bill Brasky
11-13-2005, 05:07 PM
Maybe if Holcomb could've posted more then 25 yards passing in his 25 minutes and 40 total team yards it would've looked different.

JP lead this team to 14 points and 170 yards in 35 minutes. Just swallow your pride instead of Holcomb's jizz and face the facts.

We got lucky? Beating a good team by 11 points is lucky? We kicked their ass the final 35 minutes.

Kicked their ass = 14 points over a span of 35 minutes, at home, with a 4-2 Turnover advantage and a stud RB? Kicked their ass is hardly the terminology I'd use.

I'd hate to see your description of a barn burner... 17-14... 21-20?

When did I ever swallow Holcomb's jizz?

Maybe you should face the facts.

I'm not concerned. I'm sure you'll be calling for JP's head or Holcomb's head whenever the next major embarassment takes place, or whoever the flavor of the week is.

Whatever helps you sleep at night dude.

Drive 4 Five
11-13-2005, 05:09 PM
Oh come on, I never once said Holcomb was the man to run us in the playoffs. Nobody with a right mind would say he could do it. I'm just reading this oh high and mighty JP is the savior and the SB is ours posts.

Holcomb was there because JP had to learn and maybe he did. But JP or Holcomb won't lead us to a nothing so don't get excited. JP might be the next Carson Palmer but not until next year. It's a reality check, not a knock on JP.

Until JP shows he can throw for 300+ a game a qb is not worth it's weight in floatation devices. This def is horrible at run def, and this is not the Pitts steelers calibre so get over it.

What?! Nobody is saying that he is our savior and that now we are going to the SB. Get real. Can you read? We're simply saying that we are glad our franchise QB came in and played well and we're hoping he can build on this SOLID performance. We're excited for our young QB. So you get over it.

ScottLawrence
11-13-2005, 05:11 PM
JP played well.

But the defense lead us to victory, and bailed our horrible play calling out the entire game.

BillsFever21
11-13-2005, 05:12 PM
What?! Nobody is saying that he is our savior and that now we are going to the SB. Get real. Can you read? We're simply saying that we are glad our franchise QB came in and played well and we're hoping he can build on this SOLID performance. We're excited for our young QB. So you get over it.

Exactly :clap:

JP will have some more bad games but he showed what he can do.

The haters were blowing Holcomb after he beat a couple bad teams who are 3-6 and 2-6 but they wanna make excuses when JP beats a good team.

BillsFever21
11-13-2005, 05:14 PM
JP played well.

But the defense lead us to victory, and bailed our horrible play calling out the entire game.

The defense went wild after we got ahead by JP's perfect throws to Evans because it took LJ out of the game.

Johnson had 100 yards in the first half and about 20 yards in the 2nd half because JP got us the lead. Without that lead LJ would've continues to tear us apart.

We were outgained about 150-40 until JP came in. After that things changed.

Drive 4 Five
11-13-2005, 05:23 PM
JP played well.

I could be mistaken but it might have been the two touchdowns our offense scored that forced the Chiefs to abandon the run which led to pressure on the Qb which led to turnovers.

HHURRICANE
11-13-2005, 05:30 PM
The haters are embarassed.

Agree. Let's not forget it's been a while since we beat a team with a winning record. Like last year. The kid played great!!

HHURRICANE
11-13-2005, 05:31 PM
The defense went wild after we got ahead by JP's perfect throws to Evans because it took LJ out of the game.

Johnson had 100 yards in the first half and about 20 yards in the 2nd half because JP got us the lead. Without that lead LJ would've continues to tear us apart.

We were outgained about 150-40 until JP came in. After that things changed.

Yes, yes, yes. You must be God!!:goodpost:

A football fan that get's it!!!

BillsFever21
11-13-2005, 05:31 PM
Agree. Let's not forget it's been a while since we beat a team with a winning record. Like last year. The kid played great!!

If Holcomb would've beat them they would be giving him a reach around.

L.A. Playa
11-13-2005, 05:33 PM
at least JP did and showed he can make plays, something he had not previously done, maybe now the offense can open up more and Willis can have better running lanes

gannd
11-13-2005, 05:39 PM
at least JP did and showed he can make plays, something he had not previously done, maybe now the offense can open up more and Willis can have better running lanes

Do you not forget the JP that got benched?, is it past your small mind that playing against a good defense makes a qb? Farve is what is he is because he can do it against anybody.

X-Era
11-13-2005, 05:41 PM
Do you not forget the JP that got benched?, is it past your small mind that playing against a good defense makes a qb? Farve is what is he is because he can do it against anybody.

JP aint Favre yet. But Holcomb will NEVER be. Losman could easily have another bad game next week on the road. Could easily happen. But Holcomb with the 29th ranked O, hasnt been beating ANYBODY so who the hell cares?

JP looked good enough today to beat teams that have a pass rush. Again, this is a game where McGahee had less than 60 yards. What would he do if McGahee goes for 100+?

Philagape
11-13-2005, 05:42 PM
It's a small mind that thinks young players can't learn and improve.

Drive 4 Five
11-13-2005, 05:44 PM

Why you got to start with the personal attacks now? It would seem that you're the only half wit here. Apparently YOUR small mind cannot comprehend that Losman has not even played in enough games for ANYONE to be talking about whether he is or isn't a good QB.

Meathead
11-13-2005, 06:53 PM

Please give to the Sarcasm Detection Deficiency Program.

Because sarcasm is a terrible thing to waste.

don137
11-13-2005, 07:03 PM
Its sad when "true" fans can't enjoy the win and try to start raining in the parade of the outcome. No one is saying that JP will play the rest of the year like Payton Manning. People are just praising his effort and how his play sparked the team today. I guess some people will always take the glass is half empty approach and have a case of wysitis....

gr8slayer
11-13-2005, 07:05 PM
Holcomb was facing the same Defense and didnt do crap against them.

BAM
11-13-2005, 07:10 PM
LOL

I knew it was a matter of time before some of you schmucks came up with excuses of why OUR TEAM, the BUFFALO BILLS won today.

Ya'll are frikkin' great! :rofl:

:gobills:

HHURRICANE
11-13-2005, 07:25 PM
I think I can kill this thread right now. If you like JP or, at least, wanted the Bills to play him so we can see what we have, than your happy. If you are a Losman hater or Holcomb homer than your pissed.

Losman played great. Matter-of-fact he was looking off defenders and he wasn't double clutching the ball. He looked mature and calm. Plus he made several plays that neither Bledsoe or Holcomb could have made. The 10 yard scramble and dive for the first and the run and throw away to avoid the sack were two examples of this.

BAM
11-13-2005, 07:26 PM
Yah the Bills won. JP played well.

Get over it.

Don't make excuses. Enjoy it.

I know I am. :beers:

John Doe
11-13-2005, 07:39 PM

Why is there always a race to see who can be the first buzz kill after a Bills win?

If I want to get excited and happy because my team won, then I will do so.

TacklingDummy
11-13-2005, 07:45 PM
JP played well on 2 series. He hardly played great. His first TD pass was a poorly thrown pass and we got lucky, his 2nd TD pass was sweet.

The defense is the reason we won.

TigerJ
11-13-2005, 07:46 PM
Add my name to the list of those who note that Holcomb was totally ineffective versus the same defense. This game was not about Losman suddenly becoming a great QB. It was about a youngster getting a second chance and handling it well, not panicking, making some tough throws with accuracy, and showing the athleticism that made the Bills like him in the first place.

dannyek71
11-13-2005, 08:50 PM
he came off the bench. Played decent to say the least. He played much better than he did his last few games. Ill take what I can get. Anything positive is obvioulsy in the right direction. Take tonight, enjoy the win....They may not come much the rest of the season

SeatownBillsFan21
11-13-2005, 09:17 PM
11-5 go bills

Bill Brasky
11-13-2005, 09:26 PM
Its sad when "true" fans can't enjoy the win and try to start raining in the parade of the outcome. No one is saying that JP will play the rest of the year like Payton Manning. People are just praising his effort and how his play sparked the team today. I guess some people will always take the glass is half empty approach and have a case of wysitis....
I don't think anybody is raining on the win.

The Bills won a crucial game and kept themselves in the hunt.

My only beef is many of the people jumping back onto the JP bandwagon are the same one's calling for Holcomb a few weeks back.

Makes you guys look like a bunch of idiots to the rest of the football world.

Many of you critisize the coaching staff for making boneheaded moves or play calls, you fans can't even figure out what QB to support this week.

Today it's Losman, but if the Bills get blown out 55-0 next week at SD and JP has 4 INT's, 73 yards passing, and a passer rating of 15.8 are you gonna jump back on the Holcombmania bandwagon?

Philagape
11-13-2005, 10:00 PM
My only beef is many of the people jumping back onto the JP bandwagon are the same one's calling for Holcomb a few weeks back.

At the time, he deserved it. Players change. JP has obviously improved. You stick with who's playing well.

BAM
11-13-2005, 10:01 PM
I stick with whoever is the Bills QB!

And refuse to make excuses about how our own team won. It's a W I'll take it.

TigerJ
11-13-2005, 10:07 PM

If you do the research, you'll find I never called for the Bills to start Holcomb in place of Losman. After Holcomb won, I did say at that point the Bills should keep starting Holcomb as long as he was winning games, but that eventually they needed to put Losman back in to get some starting experience. I did not anticipate it would happen because of an injury to Holcomb.

L.A. Playa
11-13-2005, 10:45 PM
my small mind saw that JP made 2 more plays then he did in all his previous starts combined, I m not saying he has arrived but he made 2 plays today which is encouraging and by the way I am impartial to who plays QB as long as the Bills are winning but Kelly Holcomb would not have been able to make either of those TD throws. Congrats to JP and the Bills for a great victory I HOPE this is the start of something good

buffalofan19
11-13-2005, 11:03 PM
I stick with whoever is the Bills QB!

And refuse to make excuses about how our own team won. It's a W I'll take it.

I agree with this sentiment. I am happy the Bills won. Defense played great, especially in the second half and JP played well enough to win.

My concern, though, is who should be the quarterback next week. I was as happy with JP's performance, but it doesn't mean he is all of a sudden "ready" yet. Like one guy said, remember the Houston game? I want to see the San Diego game, on the road, first.

I don't mind JP starting next week, though I don't think it is as much of a "no-brainer" as people say it is. Remember, alot of people were crucifying Drew Bledsoe for these same types of numbers even when the Bills won last year. I still think the Bills can win the division, just because it seems that 8-8 might end up being the magic record this year. I say go for it. The question is, is JP Losman the guy to do it, or is Holcomb? Right now, that answer is way up in the air right now.

On the flip side, whoever the Bills go with next week, be it Losman or Holcomb, they need to stick with him. I really do not want to see a game of musical quarterbacks.

Philagape
11-13-2005, 11:10 PM
Remember, alot of people were crucifying Drew Bledsoe for these same types of numbers even when the Bills won last year.

Drew's a 13-year vet

This was JP's fifth game ever

ScottLawrence
11-13-2005, 11:16 PM
Again, im not criticizing Losman in anyway, he played well.

But he did not win us that game, the defense did.

You guys are giving him way to much credit.

Ed
11-13-2005, 11:33 PM
Who cares about KC's pass defense. That 2nd TD pass was as perfectly thrown as it could have been, which is something JP struggled with earlier in the season. He looks better then he has and didn't make any mistakes. That's all that matters.

slakjaw157
11-14-2005, 01:58 AM
At this point, as long as we win games I don't really care who starts at QB. I do see the point in getting the kid more experience and getting him ready for next year. However, as a Bills fan, I'm sure you will agree, all I care about is if the Bills win or lose.

jmb1099
11-14-2005, 06:55 AM
Again, im not criticizing Losman in anyway, he played well.
But he did not win us that game, the defense did.
You guys are giving him way to much credit.
defense didn't throw 2 td passes, they may have set them up, but credit to JP for two nice td passes.
Oh by the way,
plently of big name big market qb's have also thrown for two td's or less in a game.

BillsFever21
11-14-2005, 07:49 AM
Kicked their ass = 14 points over a span of 35 minutes, at home, with a 4-2 Turnover advantage and a stud RB? Kicked their ass is hardly the terminology I'd use.

I'd hate to see your description of a barn burner... 17-14... 21-20?

When did I ever swallow Holcomb's jizz?

Maybe you should face the facts.

I'm not concerned. I'm sure you'll be calling for JP's head or Holcomb's head whenever the next major embarassment takes place, or whoever the flavor of the week is.

Whatever helps you sleep at night dude.

That stud RB only averaged 3 yards a carry. JP carried this team yesterday.

BillsFever21
11-14-2005, 07:53 AM
I don't think anybody is raining on the win.

The Bills won a crucial game and kept themselves in the hunt.

Makes you guys look like a bunch of idiots to the rest of the football world.

Many of you critisize the coaching staff for making boneheaded moves or play calls, you fans can't even figure out what QB to support this week.

Today it's Losman, but if the Bills get blown out 55-0 next week at SD and JP has 4 INT's, 73 yards passing, and a passer rating of 15.8 are you gonna jump back on the Holcombmania bandwagon?

I've stuck by Losman since day one and never wanted Holcomb in there. Holcomb is a career backup.

lordofgun
11-14-2005, 08:01 AM

There were plenty of us who never wanted JP benched. The ones who did want him benched are the ones who make Bills fans look bad, IMO.

But I have no problem with people jumping back on the JP bandwagon now as long as they don't jump off again after one bad game.

Drive 4 Five
11-14-2005, 08:06 AM
There were plenty of us who never wanted JP benched. The ones who did want him benched are the ones who make Bills fans look bad, IMO.

But I have no problem with people jumping back on the JP bandwagon now as long as they don't jump off again after one bad game.

Right? It is NEVER too late to join the JPD.

:king:

DBrown77
11-14-2005, 08:19 AM
Why can't anyone ever just be happy that we won? Its always we won because their defense sucks, they helped us win with stupid penaltys, yada yada yada.

I actually felt good for the rest of a Sunday for once.

Its kind of funny that before a game everyone says were gonna get killed (ie:NE). Then after we do well people make excuses, "but they have the 30th ranked defense." Just like this week a lot of people didnt think we had a chance now that we won everyone is like "Dont be a fan and get happy that we won a game, their defense is ranked 28th." Why are are people making excuses why we win? Just be happy

Dammit I am going to be a fan and be happy that they won i dont care who we played, a win is a win. Come on guys be a real fan.

BillsFever21
11-14-2005, 08:24 AM
Why can't anyone ever just be happy that we won? Its always we won because their defense sucks, they helped us win with stupid penaltys, yada yada yada.

I actually felt good for the rest of a Sunday for once.

Its kind of funny that before a game everyone says were gonna get killed (ie:NE). Then after we do well people make excuses, "but they have the 30th ranked defense." Just like this week a lot of people didnt think we had a chance now that we won everyone is like "Dont be a fan and get happy that we won a game, their defense is ranked 28th." Why are are people making excuses why we win? Just be happy

Dammit I am going to be a fan and be happy that they won i dont care who we played, a win is a win. Come on guys be a real fan.

I didn't feel we had any chance of winning today from what I saw out of us the last couple weeks and the way Holcomb leads us with his 5 yard passes.

I was so sure I lost some money of the game but it's the best time I've ever had losing my money.

This team had no fire yesterday until JP came in and made some plays. It's nice to see him again.

Bill Brasky
11-14-2005, 08:26 AM

Until they prove they can beat an elite team people will keep thinking like that. When's the last time this team has pulled off a huge win?

Everytime they play an elite opponent, they get smoked. Everytime they're on TV, they get dominated and embarassed somehow. And everytime they're in an important, must win situation, they find a way to lose games.

BillsFever21
11-14-2005, 08:30 AM
Until they prove they can beat an elite team people will keep thinking like that. When's the last time this team has pulled off a huge win?

Everytime they play an elite opponent, they get smoked. Everytime they're on TV, they get dominated and embarassed somehow. And everytime they're in an important, must win situation, they find a way to lose games.

Some of us have been saying this for the last two years. I know I have been.

But yesterday they finally did something they haven't done in a while. They pulled off a must win game against a pretty damn good team.

Now the real test is against San Diego and breaking our curse on the road against quality opponents. We will most likely lose again as we will most of our other games.

Our coaching staff isn't good enough to pull off a big win on the road against a great team. I sure hope I'm wrong.

gannd
11-21-2005, 09:34 PM
Tag.

TigerJ
11-22-2005, 08:18 AM
Losman's play was pretty good versus the Chargers. The Chargers tend to give up a lot of yards through the air, but have the third best pass rush, and the offensive line was abysmal, and Josh Reed continues to drop pass after pass. Losman however made some very nice throws, and few poor ones. He panicked one time on that fumble out of bounds.