PDA

View Full Version : Losman played great!!

HHURRICANE
11-13-2005, 07:32 PM
Whether you are a Losman hater or a Holcomb homer you have to admit that Losman played great. Yes, it is one game but he showed everyone some stuff today that we had not seen before.

1) He was looking off defenders instead of zeroing in on his primary reciever.

2) When he had time he was checking off.

3) He was poised and patient. He was not fidgety.

4) He wasn't double clutching the ball.

5) He avoided sacks.

6) He was accurate.

The future might be here!!:bad:

Novacane
11-13-2005, 07:35 PM
He was much improved. I hope we get the chance to see him next week. A road game will give us a better idea on his progress

Mitchy moo
11-13-2005, 07:36 PM
He looked great today, great to see.

colin
11-13-2005, 07:55 PM
i don't think he was accurate, he still throws high and leaves guys out to get hit.

he does throw a GREAT long ball tho, those were jim kelly/drew bledsoe in the wind bombs that won us the game in two plays (helps that evans is as good as he is).

anyhow, i said to my bro the other day that inspite of how hard i have been on JP (and i certainly have been) that if kelly got hurt jp would come in and play well because of a lack of pressure. jp came in today and did face a lot of pressure but still delivered.

i think he learned what to do and what not to do watching kelly.

he will do well for us if he runs the ball a lot and makes those long bombs.

our play calling might conspire to make us lose no matter what tho, clements is ******ed

SeatownBillsFan21
11-13-2005, 08:25 PM
not good enough 2 start sry

The_Philster
11-13-2005, 09:03 PM
great is a bit of a stretch, IMO...good enough to regain the starting job on the other hand, most definitely

HHURRICANE
11-13-2005, 09:06 PM
great is a bit of a stretch, IMO...good enough to regain the starting job on the other hand, most definitely

When your QB rating is 128 you played better than good. Plus he did not get alot of help from the OL. Plus Reed and Moulds both dropped balls.

The_Philster
11-13-2005, 09:08 PM
When your QB rating is 128 you played better than good. Plus he did not get alot of help from the OL. Plus Reed and Moulds both dropped balls.
Well for one, I don't go by stats...I go by what I see on the field. and second, it takes a lot for me to say someone played great

Drive 4 Five
11-13-2005, 09:18 PM
I guess when you've been subjected to the kind of hellish QB play we've seen for so damn long now, 137 yards and 2 touchdowns is great!

All I know is our offense was more exciting today than it EVER was with Holcomb under center. I am thrilled that Losamn played well today and while I know he likely will have some more poor showings, as long as he does not regress like before, I can live with this.

Bill Brasky
11-13-2005, 09:19 PM
Losman played great.

He also played "great" against Houston.

KC's defense isn't that good people.

You can't gauge his performance on 35 minutes in a home game against a below-average defense.

He played very very poorly against 3 better teams earlier in the year in case you forgot.

If he can continue to progress then that is a different story. If he progresses against the rest of the teams he will be facing down the stretch on the road and proves he can win with this team, then maybe you can talk about greatness.

HHURRICANE
11-13-2005, 09:25 PM

You can't gauge his performance on 35 minutes in a home game against a below-average defense.

He played very very poorly against 3 better teams earlier in the year in case you forgot.

If he can continue to progress then that is a different story. If he progresses against the rest of the teams he will be facing down the stretch on the road and proves he can win with this team, then maybe you can talk about greatness.

I agree with most this post. However our OL and Tom Clements are going to make Marino look like crap. JP Losman won the game for us. That first TD pass was into a hell of a wind and really sparked our D. Plus the second TD changed the Chiefs offensive game plan. JP doesn't call his own plays so he did what he was supposed to do.

shoey3045
11-13-2005, 09:29 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with the point that JP didn't play great today. He certainly played to what I expect out of him at this point. It's almost certainly enough for him to retain his starting job with the reports that Kelly Holcomb suffered a severe concussion in today's game

Bill Brasky
11-13-2005, 09:29 PM
I agree with most this post. However our OL and Tom Clements are going to make Marino look like crap. JP Losman won the game for us. That first TD pass was into a hell of a wind and really sparked our D. Plus the second TD changed the Chiefs offensive game plan. JP doesn't call his own plays so he did what he was supposed to do.

If you ever read my posts you would know I've been barking up the "Offensive Line is the worst in the league and the Coaching isn't far behind" tree for a few years now.

Meathead
11-13-2005, 09:32 PM
those two td throws were terrific - and fantastic catches by evans, btw.

and he got out of at least three pressure situations that most other starters never would have.

very nice game by jp.

since it looks like holcomb's concussion situation will make any starting decision moot, i hope he can do something similar in a tough road game.

shoey3045
11-13-2005, 09:41 PM
I'm not saying it wasn't a good throw.. but the first pass wasn't exactly perfect either. Evans had to go get it as it was a little underthrown.

Meathead
11-13-2005, 09:48 PM
evans did a terrific job faking the defender to believe the ball was even shorter than it was. he slowed up enough so that the defender backed off just a bit then evan caught it over his far shoulder. incredibly poised for such a young reciever.

the second catch was a beauty, too. he had to make the catch, get both feet down, and control the ball going full speed and deep in the ez. perfect throw, too.

Mitchy moo
11-13-2005, 10:23 PM

So did he improve in your mind or did he just stay the same IYO?

I think he looked alot better & made some real nice plays.

Mudflap1
11-13-2005, 10:28 PM
The kid came in, looked much improved, and won the game. For that, he should be commended. To successfully guage how much improved he may be, however, we must see 1) how he does on the road, and 2) how he does in a full game with the defense preparing for him all week.

Again though, he came in and did his job, which is a good sign. Just keep it up now.

Jon