X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Losman played great!!

Whether you are a Losman hater or a Holcomb homer you have to admit that Losman played great. Yes, it is one game but he showed everyone some stuff today that we had not seen before.

1) He was looking off defenders instead of zeroing in on his primary reciever.

2) When he had time he was checking off.

3) He was poised and patient. He was not fidgety.

4) He wasn't double clutching the ball.

5) He avoided sacks.

6) He was accurate.

The future might be here!!
  • Fairway
    • Jul 2002

Re: Losman played great!!

He was much improved. I hope we get the chance to see him next week. A road game will give us a better idea on his progress

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

He looked great today, great to see.

Comment

• colin
        Drew's my hero!
        • Jul 2002

i don't think he was accurate, he still throws high and leaves guys out to get hit.

he does throw a GREAT long ball tho, those were jim kelly/drew bledsoe in the wind bombs that won us the game in two plays (helps that evans is as good as he is).

anyhow, i said to my bro the other day that inspite of how hard i have been on JP (and i certainly have been) that if kelly got hurt jp would come in and play well because of a lack of pressure. jp came in today and did face a lot of pressure but still delivered.

i think he learned what to do and what not to do watching kelly.

he will do well for us if he runs the ball a lot and makes those long bombs.

our play calling might conspire to make us lose no matter what tho, clements is ******ed

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
          • Mar 2004

not good enough 2 start sry

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

great is a bit of a stretch, IMO...good enough to regain the starting job on the other hand, most definitely
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
              great is a bit of a stretch, IMO...good enough to regain the starting job on the other hand, most definitely
              When your QB rating is 128 you played better than good. Plus he did not get alot of help from the OL. Plus Reed and Moulds both dropped balls.

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                When your QB rating is 128 you played better than good. Plus he did not get alot of help from the OL. Plus Reed and Moulds both dropped balls.
                Well for one, I don't go by stats...I go by what I see on the field. and second, it takes a lot for me to say someone played great
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                  • May 2003

I guess when you've been subjected to the kind of hellish QB play we've seen for so damn long now, 137 yards and 2 touchdowns is great!

All I know is our offense was more exciting today than it EVER was with Holcomb under center. I am thrilled that Losamn played well today and while I know he likely will have some more poor showings, as long as he does not regress like before, I can live with this.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                    • Jan 2004

Losman played great.
                    He also played "great" against Houston.

KC's defense isn't that good people.

You can't gauge his performance on 35 minutes in a home game against a below-average defense.

He played very very poorly against 3 better teams earlier in the year in case you forgot.

If he can continue to progress then that is a different story. If he progresses against the rest of the teams he will be facing down the stretch on the road and proves he can win with this team, then maybe you can talk about greatness.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jfreeman
                      He also played "great" against Houston.

KC's defense isn't that good people.

You can't gauge his performance on 35 minutes in a home game against a below-average defense.

He played very very poorly against 3 better teams earlier in the year in case you forgot.

If he can continue to progress then that is a different story. If he progresses against the rest of the teams he will be facing down the stretch on the road and proves he can win with this team, then maybe you can talk about greatness.
                      I agree with most this post. However our OL and Tom Clements are going to make Marino look like crap. JP Losman won the game for us. That first TD pass was into a hell of a wind and really sparked our D. Plus the second TD changed the Chiefs offensive game plan. JP doesn't call his own plays so he did what he was supposed to do.

Comment

• shoey3045
                        • Oct 2004

I'm gonna have to agree with the point that JP didn't play great today. He certainly played to what I expect out of him at this point. It's almost certainly enough for him to retain his starting job with the reports that Kelly Holcomb suffered a severe concussion in today's game

http://www.pigskinheaven.com

Talk Bills and The entire NFL in the best discussion forum on the net for football.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                          Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                          • Jan 2004

I agree with most this post. However our OL and Tom Clements are going to make Marino look like crap. JP Losman won the game for us. That first TD pass was into a hell of a wind and really sparked our D. Plus the second TD changed the Chiefs offensive game plan. JP doesn't call his own plays so he did what he was supposed to do.
                          If you ever read my posts you would know I've been barking up the "Offensive Line is the worst in the league and the Coaching isn't far behind" tree for a few years now.

Comment

• Meathead
                            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                            • Jul 2002

those two td throws were terrific - and fantastic catches by evans, btw.

and he got out of at least three pressure situations that most other starters never would have.

very nice game by jp.

since it looks like holcomb's concussion situation will make any starting decision moot, i hope he can do something similar in a tough road game.
                            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• shoey3045
                              • Oct 2004

I'm not saying it wasn't a good throw.. but the first pass wasn't exactly perfect either. Evans had to go get it as it was a little underthrown.

http://www.pigskinheaven.com

Talk Bills and The entire NFL in the best discussion forum on the net for football.

Comment

Working...
                              X