PDA

View Full Version : Days numbered for the following bills- Sam adams....

Bmax
11-14-2005, 12:45 AM
It is becoming very clear that some bills players are on their way out and won't be back for 2006. Some of them may surprise you....

1. Sam Adams-knee injury my foot bills went with younger motor guys who play hard every down ..Krumie and sam don't see eye to eye and bills want to rid them selves of huge salary...look for the dt position to be addressed in the draft in rd 1 or 2...

2. Troy Vincent-good guy smart player but age and injuries are catching up with him. Plus the solid play of a young baker speeds his exit....baker faster and tackles better...

3. Trey teague-still a capeable starter...but at what cost fa in 2006...could resign but i doubt bills will spend bucks to bring him back.. Look for preston to man center spot in 06.

4. MIKE WILLIAMS- oh.. man where do i start...it's still up in the air but ..no way they keep him at current salary.. if he takes pay cut and if he grasps lg spot and if .. well you get the picture too many if's ...I thinks he should just move back to tackle...on another football team...

5.josh reed-parrish will make him expendable...we could get a better wr in the 5th rd next year ...but hey why we still have smith on roster who may be better....

6.Ryan denney- solid play this season.. but i think he is still too light in the pants...we should find a big more physical de to back up kelsey and schobel.

7. Rian Lindell-still hasn't mastered winds at ralph..misses clutch kicks and dreadful outside the 40....time to move on with fa guy ...kickers are a dime a dozen just ask bill parcells....

I may be missing a few guys but these are the guys we may be gone....

Guys i would like to keep...who may be gone are nate clements and justin bannan.. bannan has really showed in the last twoweeks .. The bills might want to offer the guy a few bucks as a back up if his good play continues.

Clements wants too much money.....look for the bills to sign a cheap vet
and draft a cb in rd's or 3 or 4...to fill out cb spot....

Go bills...

Bmax

Devin
11-14-2005, 12:52 AM
:roflmao:

uhhhhhhhh k.

vicmantak
11-14-2005, 01:35 AM
I would start from Josh Reed but...

1. Sam Adams... agree. His chemistry with Krumrie is affecting the total defense. Bannan is not Sam but his performance has shown that Krumrie is not mistaken.

2. Troy Vincent... 60% agree. He brings respect to the secondary from any point of view (that is very important) but Baker is on his way to bring us the same reputation but 1 to 5 yards effective and with more aggressiveness.

3. Trey Teague... 0% agree. He isn't dominant (sucks) and Bills might not re-sign him.

4. MIKE WILLIAMS: Depends on his contract. If he doesn't restructure it doesn't make any sense to pay this kind of money on a 5 year development.

5. Josh Reed... 100% agree. Parrish, FA and next draft are making him expendable...

6.Ryan Denney... 0% agree. He is a player on rise and IMO he is the most underrated Buffalo Bill. His size (6-7) his big arms and chemistry with Krumrie makes him a must extend.

7. Rian Lindell... 100% agree. He is a player on rise... but it doesn't mean that he is a good kicker.

8. Nate Clements... If Donahoe has no plans to franchise him, Mr. Ralph Wilson might fire him before it's too late. It's amazing but despite his contributions he is incredibly a player on rise and it seems that if he don't stay here he will be one of the biggest lost pieces for a SB ring...

Lexwhat
11-14-2005, 01:37 AM
It is becoming very clear that some bills players are on their way out and won't be back for 2006. Some of them may surprise you....

1. Sam Adams-knee injury my foot bills went with younger motor guys who play hard every down ..Krumie and sam don't see eye to eye and bills want to rid them selves of huge salary...look for the dt position to be addressed in the draft in rd 1 or 2...

2. Troy Vincent-good guy smart player but age and injuries are catching up with him. Plus the solid play of a young baker speeds his exit....baker faster and tackles better...

3. Trey teague-still a capeable starter...but at what cost fa in 2006...could resign but i doubt bills will spend bucks to bring him back.. Look for preston to man center spot in 06.

4. MIKE WILLIAMS- oh.. man where do i start...it's still up in the air but ..no way they keep him at current salary.. if he takes pay cut and if he grasps lg spot and if .. well you get the picture too many if's ...I thinks he should just move back to tackle...on another football team...

5.josh reed-parrish will make him expendable...we could get a better wr in the 5th rd next year ...but hey why we still have smith on roster who may be better....

6.Ryan denney- solid play this season.. but i think he is still too light in the pants...we should find a big more physical de to back up kelsey and schobel.

7. Rian Lindell-still hasn't mastered winds at ralph..misses clutch kicks and dreadful outside the 40....time to move on with fa guy ...kickers are a dime a dozen just ask bill parcells....

I may be missing a few guys but these are the guys we may be gone....

Guys i would like to keep...who may be gone are nate clements and justin bannan.. bannan has really showed in the last twoweeks .. The bills might want to offer the guy a few bucks as a back up if his good play continues.

Clements wants too much money.....look for the bills to sign a cheap vet
and draft a cb in rd's or 3 or 4...to fill out cb spot....

Go bills...

Bmax

I agree with most of what you said. I am not sure if they will cut Sam Adams unless we have a real capable replacement for him. We put pressure on the QB today, but Larry Johnson still ran for a lot of yards. I believe Sam will bounce back and play strong the rest of the season. I also still believe he is the best option on our team right now. If anything, he takes up space and occupies blockers against the opposing O-Line...

If Nate Clements leaves, which it seems like he will, I think they will try to draft a capable replacement for him on the 1st day of the draft. However, putting Vincent in Clements spot for a year makes sense until we have stability at that position. I can easily see Baker moving to free safety next year and Vincent moving to CB for a year. Baker's move would be permanent, and Vincent would be gone after the 2006 season, IMO...

I would definetly re-sign Ryan Denney and Justin Bannan. They won't cost much (I believe), and they both provide great depth. Bannan is playing very hard this year...

I would also re-sign Trey Teague at a lower salary. He can provide great depth on the O-Line, something our team is lacking. If anything, Teague can replace Greg Jarman on the roster.

Rian Lindell has played okay. He hasen't done any worse than any other kicker in the NFL, IMO. Unless we have a shot at another legitimate kicker, I see us keeping Lindell.

Good-Bye: Josh Reed, Mike Williams

I know I've said this before, but I think we could significantly improve our O-Line by signing Steve Hutchinson and/or LeCharles Bentley. A lot of possiblities would open up. We would surely have the money after cutting Mike Williams. I don't mind overpaying a little for either of them.

vicmantak
11-14-2005, 01:57 AM
I would also re-sign Trey Teague at a lower salary. He can provide great depth on the O-Line, something our team is lacking. If anything, Teague can replace Greg Jerman on the roster.

Rian Lindell has played okay. He hasen't done any worse than any other kicker in the NFL, IMO. Unless we have a shot at another legitimate kicker, I see us keeping Lindell.
Lex, you are undirectly proving that Trey is not more than depth. I would not resign him for three reasons:
1. He is not powerful enough to play Center or Guard.
2. He is not mobile and young enough to play Tackle.

On the other hand, Lindell has shown us a lot of ups and downs. In other words, do you think that Bills can win a SB with an up and down scorer?

Lexwhat
11-14-2005, 02:32 AM
Lex, you are undirectly proving that Trey is not more than depth. I would not resign him for three reasons:
1. He is not powerful enough to play Center or Guard.
2. He is not mobile and young enough to play Tackle.

On the other hand, Lindell has shown us a lot of ups and downs. In other words, do you think that Bills can win a SB with an up and down scorer?

Haha, what's the 3rd reason? Just playin around. I only said that because I think we have poor depth on our O-Line as it is. If I had to choose between Jarman and Teague, I would choose Teague. And unless we have a capable free-agent replacement (Bentley) at center, who would we put at Center in case Duke Preston gets injured? I dont believe we have anyone on our roster at the moment. In other words, even though he's not great, Teague is a versatile player that can at least get the job done...

Lindell I dont really like, but it's tough to say. I doubt a David Akers or Adam Vinitari would be available. The only reason I say that is because I don't see anyone else who can be a better replacement. If an NFL team has a good kicker, I doubt they would let him go...So I think it all depends.

vicmantak
11-14-2005, 03:07 AM
Haha, what's the 3rd reason? Just playin around. I only said that because I think we have poor depth on our O-Line as it is. If I had to choose between Jarman and Teague, I would choose Teague. And unless we have a capable free-agent replacement (Bentley) at center, who would we put at Center in case Duke Preston gets injured? I dont believe we have anyone on our roster at the moment. In other words, even though he's not great, Teague is a versatile player that can at least get the job done...

Lindell I dont really like, but it's tough to say. I doubt a David Akers or Adam Vinitari would be available. The only reason I say that is because I don't see anyone else who can be a better replacement. If an NFL team has a good kicker, I doubt they would let him go...So I think it all depends.
Uuups! I mean two simple reasons LOL!
I understand that we have a very poor O-Line depth but IMO it's not only depth. I mean, the starting material looks like backups in any other team.

On the other hand, don't forget that Jay Feely and Paul Edinger was available the last offseason...

EDS
11-14-2005, 08:51 AM
Doesn't Sam Adams have a history of wearing out his welcome with teams?

I think Denney is a definite keeper - excellent back-up DE. Not sure why he is considered too light - he actually has excellent size for a DE and is solid against the run. Bannan has really stepped up as well and would be a great depth player/part-time starter.

Not sure why people want to get rid of Troy Vincent, he still is a smart player and makes lots of plays. Great leader and character guy as well. I think Vincent sticks at least through next season, at which point Baker will take over. In the meantime, Baker will get lots of playing time in nickel and dime situations.

dannyek71
11-14-2005, 09:01 AM
i think denny has really come on this season, and I say keep him if we can get him cheaply. Kelsy wil be a FA after next season, so lets lock up denny long term. Hes a good 3rd DE. Josh Reed has been playing very well this season. Until Roscoe shows me something, reed is still the 3rd wr.

Mike Williams is as good as gone. Way too much money for someone that is hurt all of the time. Sign Peters long term (~4yrs) and get someone with great upside, but at a much cheaper price.

HHURRICANE
11-14-2005, 09:07 AM
1) Mike Williams must go. He sucks. 5 Million of dead cap space is still better than 9 Million.
2) Moulds. The highest paid player in Bills history either needs to take a pay cut or bye bye.
3) Denney is a light weight. And not the furutre.
4) Milloy. He has basically sucked this year.
5) Lindell - is not a clutch kicker. Loser.
6) Reed.
7) TKO - I know I will get slack on this one, and he will not get cut anyway, but he will not be the same player and he is expensive.

People to keep:

1) Vincent is still playing well. Much better than Milloy.
2) I would not be too eager to cut any offensive lineman. Teague sucks but we may need to hang onto everyone until the draft and free agency is over.

EDS
11-14-2005, 09:55 AM
1) Mike Williams must go. He sucks. 5 Million of dead cap space is still better than 9 Million.
2) Moulds. The highest paid player in Bills history either needs to take a pay cut or bye bye.
3) Denney is a light weight. And not the furutre.
4) Milloy. He has basically sucked this year.
5) Lindell - is not a clutch kicker. Loser.
6) Reed.
7) TKO - I know I will get slack on this one, and he will not get cut anyway, but he will not be the same player and he is expensive.

People to keep:

1) Vincent is still playing well. Much better than Milloy.
2) I would not be too eager to cut any offensive lineman. Teague sucks but we may need to hang onto everyone until the draft and free agency is over.

Wow.

HHURRICANE
11-14-2005, 10:00 AM
Wow.

I have to say I reread this and it is pretty harsh. I just think that the Bills have not been winning with these guys. Many of which have been here a long time. I am kind of tired of hearing these players talk about winning but they don't win.