PDA

View Full Version : So now, wideouts like Losman

The_Philster
11-14-2005, 04:47 AM
J.P. Losman is the flavor of the day in the wide receivers' corner of the Buffalo Bills locker room.

Funny how that works, isn't it? A month ago, when Losman couldn't throw the ball through a tire from five yards away, Eric Moulds and Lee Evans were praising Mike Mularkey's decision to replace Losman with veteran Kelly Holcomb.
Sunday afternoon, after Buffalo's 14-3 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs, Moulds and Evans were singing a different tune. more (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051114/SPORTS0106/511140317/-1/COLUMNS)

lordofgun
11-14-2005, 08:06 AM
Moulds is an idiot.

RedEyE
11-14-2005, 08:08 AM
I never thought I'd hear myself say it, but I'm looking forward to Moulds leaving this team. I appreciate all that he has done, but his time in Buffalo has come to an end.

Bill Brasky
11-14-2005, 08:13 AM
You mean, it's alright for people here in the zone to flip flop between Losman and Holcomb, but the WR's can't do it? Blasphemy!

BillsFever21
11-14-2005, 08:20 AM
You mean, it's alright for people here in the zone to flip flop between Losman and Holcomb, but the WR's can't do it? Blasphemy!

The only ones I see flip flopping are a few homers who can't make up their mind.

The majority of us JPD members haven't changed our tune in the last 4 weeks.

STAMPY
11-14-2005, 08:24 AM
The only ones I see flip flopping are a few homers who can't make up their mind.

The majority of us JPD members haven't changed our tune in the last 4 weeks.

You are crazy bro. The majority of people don't give a **** who the QB is. They just want the guy who gives us the best chance to win. JP struggled, he needed to be humbled, work harder. Holcomb stepped up in the time being. JP looked great. Let's roll with him. It is all about the best shot at success. I'll never disrespect a true Warrior and stand up guy like EMoulds

justasportsfan
11-14-2005, 08:31 AM
I see nothing wrong with what he said. JP wasn't the Jp he was yesterday early this season. He would've taken off and tried to scramble instead of going deep like he did yesterday.

TigerJ
11-14-2005, 08:36 AM
Wide receivers like team success as much as anyone else. They just interpret it through rose colored (wide receiver colored) glasses. If they are getting the ball, especially if they are getting the ball deep, the team is being successful. That, of course is normally part of a team's success. At the start of the season, Clements was for whatever rreason, was incorporating almost no downfield passes. If Losman missed on one, we wouldn't see another attempt the whole game. If the team were winning with such a conservative game plan, they might have tolerated it, but the fact that the team was losing after the first game, AND receivers weren't getting the ball, made their reaction as predictable as that of the fans.

Holcomb came in and got a couple of wins. He completed a fairly high percentage of his passes, even though most were rinky dink 5 yarders. That was better than they had it under Losman. If Losman, however, can continue to get the ball in receivers' hands AND get it to them deep, he will continue to be their best friend.

Shasta McNasty
11-14-2005, 08:40 AM
What do you expect Moulds to say? Get real people.

RedEyE
11-14-2005, 08:53 AM
I expect him to be the veteran that he is and help the young players on the team rather than using the media to bash them. Which is precisely what EMO did to JP after his 2nd start professional start. Now that Losman shows signs of pulling it together again, suddenly he wants to be best buddies. What happen to his friendship with Holcomb. Did the **** hit the fan when he realized that Holcomb wasn't doing any better than Losman?

Crappy move by a verteran.

justasportsfan
11-14-2005, 09:06 AM
I expect him to be the veteran that he is and help the young players on the team rather than using the media to bash them. Which is precisely what EMO did to JP after his 2nd start professional start. Now that Losman shows signs of pulling it together again, suddenly he wants to be best buddies. What happen to his friendship with Holcomb. Did the **** hit the fan when he realized that Holcomb wasn't doing any better than Losman?

Crappy move by a verteran.

He did and part of being the veteran he was was to step up and talk on behalf of the other vets who wanted to win. You can't tell me he doesn't help young players when all the does is do that exactly in the offseason. The younguns aren't the only players on this team, there are vets and the vets did exactly what I wanted to hear from them. Not quit and play to win.

As for the media part, they asked he answered. Not just for himself but for the vets who share his sentiments. Some of you think he did it to spite JP or bash JP when all he practically said is he wants to WIN. I see nothing wrong in wanting to win. Now if JP had played like he did yesterday early in the season, he would be the qb that gave them the best chance to win. MOulds and the vets would've wanted JP.

Every camp I went to, Evans was beside Moulds alomst the whole time. They would both throw balls to each other during warm-ups. How Moulds could be accused of not helping the young ones is beyond me. Have you forgotten how he trained with Reed, Price and Evans in the offseason? Even come to camp and tried to get familiar w/ JP?

Moulds is the best player on this team. There is no one else more deserving of being the voice of this team than him. He speaks on behalf of them and he gets blasted. Maybe media should just stay away from asking him questions.

RedEyE
11-14-2005, 09:14 AM
He did and part of being the veteran he was was to step up and talk on behalf of the other vets who wanted to win. You can't tell me he doesn't help young players when all the does is do that exactly in the offseason. The younguns aren't the only players on this team, there are vets and the vets did exactly what I wanted to hear from them. Not quit and play to win.

As for the media part, they asked he answered. Not just for himself but for the vets who share his sentiments. Some of you think he did it to spite JP or bash JP when all he practically said is he wants to WIN. I see nothing wrong in wanting to win. Now if JP had played like he did yesterday early in the season, he would be the qb that gave them the best chance to win. MOulds and the vets would've wanted JP.

Moulds is the best player on this team. There is no one else more deserving of being the voice of this team than him. He speaks on behalf of them and he gets blasted. Maybe media should just stay away from asking him questions.

They asked he answered? How 'bout they asked he delivered? I don't mind when someone is candid, but he did everything but call fro Losman's head. If that's what you call "helping" young players, then I feel for the new guys where you work. Fact of the matter at the time Moulds opened his mouth JP had 3 gamed under his belt as a pro QB. 3 games! Holcom has 31 and we can now see that he's not that much further along than JP is...or perhaps we should focus more on the team's performance?

Moulds might be the best player on the team, but that's even more of a reason for him to keep his personal opinions to himself and get the job done opn the field. I think he's projecting. I've seen Moulds drop a hell of a lot of passes over the past 2 years. Seems to me that Moulds has issues himself. Perhaps JP could say something about how Moulds drops the football in his next media mix?

justasportsfan
11-14-2005, 09:24 AM
They asked he answered? How 'bout they asked he delivered? I don't mind when someone is candid, but he did everything but call fro Losman's head. If that's what you call "helping" young players, then I feel for the new guys where you work. Fact of the matter at the time Moulds opened his mouth JP had 3 gamed under his belt as a pro QB. 3 games! Holcom has 31 and we can now see that he's not that much further along than JP is...or perhaps we should focus more on the team's performance?

Moulds might be the best player on the team, but that's even more of a reason for him to keep his personal opinions to himself and get the job done opn the field. I think he's projecting. I've seen Moulds drop a hell of a lot of passes over the past 2 years. Seems to me that Moulds has issues himself. Perhaps JP could say something about how Moulds drops the football in his next media mix?He never said Losman sucks. He said they wanted the best qb that gives us the best chance to WIN. Whats wrong with that especially when they have a shot? Would you rather Moulds say , "na we don't have a chance in hell. look at the standings. Might as well give up and develop the kid".

Moulds was right when he said the JP should just throw the ball and trust his wr's to make plays. JP did exactly that yesterday and tell me, how did that pan out? Did you like them TD's?

Just so you know Evans said the same thing Moulds said about JP and trusting his wr's. Check out the archives. Maybe Evans should just shut up as well.

STAMPY
11-14-2005, 09:32 AM
JUSTA... Great posts son

The last buffalo fan
11-14-2005, 09:47 AM

Every camp I went to, Evans was beside Moulds alomst the whole time. They would both throw balls to each other during warm-ups. How Moulds could be accused of not helping the young ones is beyond me. Have you forgotten how he trained with Reed, Price and Evans in the offseason? Even come to camp and tried to get familiar w/ JP?

:king: :goodpost: :mex: :bf1: :bow: :hail: :zb: :urock: :gobills: :kissa: :up:

RedEyE
11-14-2005, 09:49 AM
He never said Losman sucks. He said they wanted the best qb that gives us the best chance to WIN. Whats wrong with that especially when they have a shot? Would you rather Moulds say , "na we don't have a chance in hell. look at the standings. Might as well give up and develop the kid".

Moulds was right when he said the JP should just throw the ball and trust his wr's to make plays. JP did exactly that yesterday and tell me, how did that pan out? Did you like them TD's?

Just so you know Evans said the same thing Moulds said about JP and trusting his wr's. Check out the archives. Maybe Evans should just shut up as well.

Show me the quote from Evans...

Second, it's not up to Moulds or any of the players to determine who plays what position. Playing as a team means swallowing the little jagged pill and doing everything in your power to help the team win, minus criticizing your team mates.

But I see what you're saying. It's OK for a pro bowl verteran WR (who some feel is the best player on the team) to say that we don't have a chance in hell with our new young QB, and it's OK to change your mind 9 games into the season when you finally realize that the "other " QB doesn't make that much of a difference. Love the double standard.

You pointing out what JP did yesterday is moot. It only supports what I've been saying all along, keep the kid in and let him do his thing.

Do you honestly think that Holcomb gave us the better chance to win over the stretch that he has pulled? Losman could have just of easily have won those games, and who knows he might not have fumbled the ball against NE to give them a win.

Imagine where this team might be headed if it was JP that had won those games against Miami and the Jets. Imagine what it would have done for his confidence and this teams confidence levels. There's one to grow on. Instead we fin ourselves in the midst of yet another QB controversy (mild compared to the past).