• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meathead
    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

A direct, non-emotional comparison of QB's

Both Holcomb and Losman have four complete games under their belt, with both guys playing two home and two away games. Furthermore, all four of these games were situations where the opponent knew who was going to start and spent a full week preparing for that QB.

That makes it very easy to do a direct comparison, and one that removes all emotion from the equation.

In their four starts here’s how they compare:

Losman:
    94 Attempts
    45 Completions
    47.9%
    1 TD
    2 INT
    52.3 QB Rating

Holcomb:
    112 Attempts
    77 Completions
    68.8%
    6 TD
    3 INT
    95.1 QB Rating

Now let’s look at just the AWAY games:

Losman:
    43 Attempts
    18 Completions
    41.9% (ouch!)
    0 TD
    1 INT
    42.8 QB Rating (double owwwwtch!!)

Holcomb:
    60 Attempts
    39 Completions
    65.0%
    3 TD
    1 INT
    96.65 QB Rating

omg, let me run around like a little girl with my panties in a bunch proclaiming JP is now ready to take on tough NFL teams on the road, even though this is based purely on EMOTIONAL EUPHORIA because the data paints an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT STORY.

another spanking by cold, hard facts. once again. you think you’d know better by now.

god I love this. but it's just too damn easy.
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Re: A direct, non-emotional comparison of QB's

Your data does not account for one huge factor, Losman is on a learning curve as a young QB. Young QBs struggle. Sometimes they get better, a lot better. Holcomb, as a journeyman veteran has almost zero upside. In spite of his high completion percentage this season, he made almost zero big plays. He leads me to doubt he has the ability to make big plays with any frequency. Teams need big plays to win. Losman's completion percentage Sunday was in the 55% range, not great, but better than it's been in a while. More importantly he made some big plays, plays that led directly to scores. It also helped greatly that he had no interceptions.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Meathead
      • Jul 2002

all that is true

still, if you had to put your house and car on the line next week and could only retain them if the bills beat sd, which qb would you start?

without emotion the choice is crystal clear

since this is only football it doesn't really matter, but let's not pretend the facts aren't the facts. holcomb, with all his faults and although he'll never be the franchise that jp probably will be, right here and right now holcomb gives the team the best chance to win.

any other conclusion is purely emotional

Comment

• EDS
        • Jan 2003

Holcomb is the better quarterback today, without question. Your stats prove that. But, and this is a big ole but we are talking about, he is not taking the Bills to the Super Bowl anytime soon As such, it makes perfect sense to start Losman so that he can gain some experience valuable experience and the Bills organization can determine whether he is the QB of the future or not.

Otherwise, I have no idea what you are trying to prove.

Comment

• BillsFever21
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Meathead
          all that is true

still, if you had to put your house and car on the line next week and could only retain them if the bills beat sd, which qb would you start?

without emotion the choice is crystal clear

since this is only football it doesn't really matter, but let's not pretend the facts aren't the facts. holcomb, with all his faults and although he'll never be the franchise that jp probably will be, right here and right now holcomb gives the team the best chance to win.

any other conclusion is purely emotional
          Oh now JP will probably be a franchise QB? Three weeks ago you labeled him as the worst QB in the league and wanted to trade him.

Holcomb's best chance to win is 2-2 against 3 losing teams.

Losman's best chance is 2-3 against 3 winning teams.

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

Statistics do not tell the whole story my friend. While I agree that Jp has been just putrid on the road, the entire Bills team has looked just as bad. And last time I checked, the only true stat that counts is the following:

Losman: 2 Wins - 3 losses

Holcomb: 2 Wins - 2 losses

You can't weigh the entire outcome of a game on one player.

Comment

• Meathead
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
              Oh now JP will probably be a franchise QB? Three weeks ago you labeled him as the worst QB in the league and wanted to trade him.
              so embarassing

i'll give you $1,000 cash on the spot if you can show that i said anything remotely similar to that

oh, gee, you can't? i wonder why that is? because you pull stuff out of your ass that has no basis in reality.

man, i spank you and spank you, and your response is to stick your ass further in the air

lmao

this is boring, it's just too easy. come back when those panties dry

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Meathead
                so embarassing

i'll give you $1,000 cash on the spot if you can show that i said anything remotely similar to that

oh, gee, you can't? i wonder why that is?

man, i spank you and spank you, and your response is to stick your ass further in the air

lmao

this is boring because it's just too easy. come back when those panties dry

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

I still say we need to play Losman-I said it BEFORE the KC game and I stand by it. Nothing against Holcomb- so far yesterday was his only truly BAD game. This is a team that feeds off the run game and the defense, and so far neither have been what they're cracked up to be. When the D and/or the run game shows up, this team typically wins regardless of QB. Like TigerJ pointed out, Losman has more upside. I think we need to play him. If we lose and don't make the playoffs, at least Losman will be ready to go next season.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    I still say we need to play Losman-I said it BEFORE the KC game and I stand by it. Nothing against Holcomb- so far yesterday was his only truly BAD game. This is a team that feeds off the run game and the defense, and so far neither have been what they're cracked up to be. When the D and/or the run game shows up, this team typically wins regardless of QB. Like TigerJ pointed out, Losman has more upside. I think we need to play him. If we lose and don't make the playoffs, at least Losman will be ready to go next season.
                    another "play losman to develop " post You play Losman to WIN. Sheez. The season isn't over. We can very well win this division. How hard is that for you to understand?
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Meathead
                      • Jul 2002

that's what really sucks about this situation.

i see enormous potential in jp. he looks to have "it" when it comes to being a gifted talent who could dominate in the nfl once he matures.

but being only a game out of first and a big edge (currently) in tie breakers (assuming they beat the pats at home) the bills have a good shot of winning the division and getting into the playoffs - IF they get reasonably competent QB play, which Holcomb gives them.

but to do that they probably have to play holcomb every game he's available. that means they ****** the development of the franchise. and what happens if they stay one game out, only to miss out on the last game of the season again?

i'm torn because i want to make the playoffs, but if we don't develop jp we'll just be back in this spot again next season.

well, the point may be moot if holcomb is still groggy by wednesday. that would probably be the most merciful thing since the bills appear to have too many holes (pass blocking in disarray, interior defensive line very vulnerable against running plays) to be a serious contender anyway. it wouldn't be an entirely bad thing for jp to start the rest of the way, but if he does the playoffs are toast.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        another "play losman to develop " post You play Losman to WIN. Sheez. The season isn't over. We can very well win this division. How hard is that for you to understand?
                        did you ****ing read what I wrote? It said IF WE LOSE. It's a win-win for us. If Losman plays the way he played yesterday, we win and have a shot at the playoffs. If not, at least he's developing.

Holcomb's no guarantee to win, and if he loses, we get nothing. No playoffs, no preparation for the future. How hard is that for you to understand?
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Losman:
                          110 Attempts
                          54 Completions
                          49.1%
                          114 yards per game
                          3 TD
                          2 INT
                          2 Fumbles
                          66.1 QB Rating

Holcomb:
                          127 Attempt
                          86 Completions
                          67.7%
                          116 yards per game
                          6 TD
                          3 INT
                          9 Fumbles
                          91.2 QB Rating

Convenient how you left out yesterdays stats. Unemotional?! You are a total Hoclomb homer. Look at the stats if you count yesterday as well. Does yesterday not count?! You are full of it.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            did you ****ing read what I wrote? It said IF WE LOSE. It's a win-win for us. If Losman plays the way he played yesterday, we win and have a shot at the playoffs. If not, at least he's developing.
                            Holcomb's no guarantee to win, and if he loses, we get nothing. No playoffs, no preparation for the future. How hard is that for you to understand?
                            yes I read what you posted. You posted the same crap "I said it BEFORE the KC game and I stand by it." which if I remember BEFORE the KC game, you wanted him to play to develop, NOT WIN.

Reread your posts, you keep saying "if we don't make playoffs". I thought you were so sure we're not making playoffs. Why all of a sudden you're throwing in the "IF" word?

BTW, how did you like that D yesterday that you blasted and called quitters? I think you should apologize to them. They weren't perfect but played their hearts out for the team. They didn't quit on the team and the fans.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              yes I read what you posted. You posted the same crap "I said it BEFORE the KC game and I stand by it." which if I remember BEFORE the KC game, you wanted him to play to develop, NOT WIN.

Reread your posts, you keep saying "if we don't make playoffs". I thought you were so sure we're not making playoffs. Why all of a sudden you're throwing in the "IF" word?

BTW, how did you like that D yesterday that you blasted and called quitters? I think you should apologize to them. They played their hearts out for the team. They didn't quit on the team and the fans.
                              I think you need to get off your high horse. You were the one that wanted Holcomb in there because he gave us the best chance to win. Op, and I agree with him, has said all along that starting Losman was the better decision. He is right and you are not. If Holcomb is healthy who are you starting?

Comment

Working...
                              X