PDA

View Full Version : A direct, non-emotional comparison of QB's

Meathead
11-14-2005, 08:04 AM
Both Holcomb and Losman have four complete games under their belt, with both guys playing two home and two away games. Furthermore, all four of these games were situations where the opponent knew who was going to start and spent a full week preparing for that QB.

That makes it very easy to do a direct comparison, and one that removes all emotion from the equation.

In their four starts here’s how they compare:

Losman:
94 Attempts
45 Completions
47.9%
1 TD
2 INT
52.3 QB Rating

Holcomb:
112 Attempts
77 Completions
68.8%
6 TD
3 INT
95.1 QB Rating

Now let’s look at just the AWAY games:

Losman:
43 Attempts
18 Completions
41.9% (ouch!)
0 TD
1 INT
42.8 QB Rating (double owwwwtch!!)

Holcomb:
60 Attempts
39 Completions
65.0%
3 TD
1 INT
96.65 QB Rating

omg, let me run around like a little girl with my panties in a bunch proclaiming JP is now ready to take on tough NFL teams on the road, even though this is based purely on EMOTIONAL EUPHORIA because the data paints an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT STORY.

another spanking by cold, hard facts. once again. you think you’d know better by now.

god I love this. but it's just too damn easy.

TigerJ
11-14-2005, 08:49 AM
Your data does not account for one huge factor, Losman is on a learning curve as a young QB. Young QBs struggle. Sometimes they get better, a lot better. Holcomb, as a journeyman veteran has almost zero upside. In spite of his high completion percentage this season, he made almost zero big plays. He leads me to doubt he has the ability to make big plays with any frequency. Teams need big plays to win. Losman's completion percentage Sunday was in the 55% range, not great, but better than it's been in a while. More importantly he made some big plays, plays that led directly to scores. It also helped greatly that he had no interceptions.

Meathead
11-14-2005, 08:53 AM
all that is true

still, if you had to put your house and car on the line next week and could only retain them if the bills beat sd, which qb would you start?

without emotion the choice is crystal clear

since this is only football it doesn't really matter, but let's not pretend the facts aren't the facts. holcomb, with all his faults and although he'll never be the franchise that jp probably will be, right here and right now holcomb gives the team the best chance to win.

any other conclusion is purely emotional

EDS
11-14-2005, 08:55 AM
Holcomb is the better quarterback today, without question. Your stats prove that. But, and this is a big ole but we are talking about, he is not taking the Bills to the Super Bowl anytime soon As such, it makes perfect sense to start Losman so that he can gain some experience valuable experience and the Bills organization can determine whether he is the QB of the future or not.

Otherwise, I have no idea what you are trying to prove.

BillsFever21
11-14-2005, 08:58 AM
all that is true

still, if you had to put your house and car on the line next week and could only retain them if the bills beat sd, which qb would you start?

without emotion the choice is crystal clear

since this is only football it doesn't really matter, but let's not pretend the facts aren't the facts. holcomb, with all his faults and although he'll never be the franchise that jp probably will be, right here and right now holcomb gives the team the best chance to win.

any other conclusion is purely emotional

Oh now JP will probably be a franchise QB? Three weeks ago you labeled him as the worst QB in the league and wanted to trade him.

Holcomb's best chance to win is 2-2 against 3 losing teams.

Losman's best chance is 2-3 against 3 winning teams.

RedEyE
11-14-2005, 08:59 AM
Statistics do not tell the whole story my friend. While I agree that Jp has been just putrid on the road, the entire Bills team has looked just as bad. And last time I checked, the only true stat that counts is the following:

Losman: 2 Wins - 3 losses

Holcomb: 2 Wins - 2 losses

You can't weigh the entire outcome of a game on one player.

Meathead
11-14-2005, 09:05 AM
Oh now JP will probably be a franchise QB? Three weeks ago you labeled him as the worst QB in the league and wanted to trade him.

so embarassing

i'll give you $1,000 cash on the spot if you can show that i said anything remotely similar to that

oh, gee, you can't? i wonder why that is? because you pull stuff out of your ass that has no basis in reality.

man, i spank you and spank you, and your response is to stick your ass further in the air

lmao

this is boring, it's just too easy. come back when those panties dry

RedEyE
11-14-2005, 09:06 AM
so embarassing

i'll give you $1,000 cash on the spot if you can show that i said anything remotely similar to that

oh, gee, you can't? i wonder why that is?

man, i spank you and spank you, and your response is to stick your ass further in the air

lmao

this is boring because it's just too easy. come back when those panties dry

:rofl:

OpIv37
11-14-2005, 09:15 AM
I still say we need to play Losman-I said it BEFORE the KC game and I stand by it. Nothing against Holcomb- so far yesterday was his only truly BAD game. This is a team that feeds off the run game and the defense, and so far neither have been what they're cracked up to be. When the D and/or the run game shows up, this team typically wins regardless of QB. Like TigerJ pointed out, Losman has more upside. I think we need to play him. If we lose and don't make the playoffs, at least Losman will be ready to go next season.

justasportsfan
11-14-2005, 09:17 AM
I still say we need to play Losman-I said it BEFORE the KC game and I stand by it. Nothing against Holcomb- so far yesterday was his only truly BAD game. This is a team that feeds off the run game and the defense, and so far neither have been what they're cracked up to be. When the D and/or the run game shows up, this team typically wins regardless of QB. Like TigerJ pointed out, Losman has more upside. I think we need to play him. If we lose and don't make the playoffs, at least Losman will be ready to go next season.another "play losman to develop " post :shakeno: You play Losman to WIN. Sheez. The season isn't over. We can very well win this division. How hard is that for you to understand?

Meathead
11-14-2005, 09:22 AM
that's what really sucks about this situation.

i see enormous potential in jp. he looks to have "it" when it comes to being a gifted talent who could dominate in the nfl once he matures.

but being only a game out of first and a big edge (currently) in tie breakers (assuming they beat the pats at home) the bills have a good shot of winning the division and getting into the playoffs - IF they get reasonably competent QB play, which Holcomb gives them.

but to do that they probably have to play holcomb every game he's available. that means they ****** the development of the franchise. and what happens if they stay one game out, only to miss out on the last game of the season again?

i'm torn because i want to make the playoffs, but if we don't develop jp we'll just be back in this spot again next season.

well, the point may be moot if holcomb is still groggy by wednesday. that would probably be the most merciful thing since the bills appear to have too many holes (pass blocking in disarray, interior defensive line very vulnerable against running plays) to be a serious contender anyway. it wouldn't be an entirely bad thing for jp to start the rest of the way, but if he does the playoffs are toast.

OpIv37
11-14-2005, 09:24 AM
another "play losman to develop " post :shakeno: You play Losman to WIN. Sheez. The season isn't over. We can very well win this division. How hard is that for you to understand?

did you ****ing read what I wrote? It said IF WE LOSE. It's a win-win for us. If Losman plays the way he played yesterday, we win and have a shot at the playoffs. If not, at least he's developing.

Holcomb's no guarantee to win, and if he loses, we get nothing. No playoffs, no preparation for the future. How hard is that for you to understand?

HHURRICANE
11-14-2005, 09:25 AM
Losman:
110 Attempts
54 Completions
49.1%
114 yards per game
3 TD
2 INT
2 Fumbles
66.1 QB Rating

Holcomb:
127 Attempt
86 Completions
67.7%
116 yards per game
6 TD
3 INT
9 Fumbles
91.2 QB Rating

Convenient how you left out yesterdays stats. Unemotional?! You are a total Hoclomb homer. Look at the stats if you count yesterday as well. Does yesterday not count?! You are full of it.

justasportsfan
11-14-2005, 09:32 AM
did you ****ing read what I wrote? It said IF WE LOSE. It's a win-win for us. If Losman plays the way he played yesterday, we win and have a shot at the playoffs. If not, at least he's developing.
Holcomb's no guarantee to win, and if he loses, we get nothing. No playoffs, no preparation for the future. How hard is that for you to understand?yes I read what you posted. You posted the same crap "I said it BEFORE the KC game and I stand by it." which if I remember BEFORE the KC game, you wanted him to play to develop, NOT WIN.

Reread your posts, you keep saying "if we don't make playoffs". I thought you were so sure we're not making playoffs. Why all of a sudden you're throwing in the "IF" word?

BTW, how did you like that D yesterday that you blasted and called quitters? I think you should apologize to them. They weren't perfect but played their hearts out for the team. They didn't quit on the team and the fans.

HHURRICANE
11-14-2005, 09:38 AM
yes I read what you posted. You posted the same crap "I said it BEFORE the KC game and I stand by it." which if I remember BEFORE the KC game, you wanted him to play to develop, NOT WIN.

Reread your posts, you keep saying "if we don't make playoffs". I thought you were so sure we're not making playoffs. Why all of a sudden you're throwing in the "IF" word?

BTW, how did you like that D yesterday that you blasted and called quitters? I think you should apologize to them. They played their hearts out for the team. They didn't quit on the team and the fans.

I think you need to get off your high horse. You were the one that wanted Holcomb in there because he gave us the best chance to win. Op, and I agree with him, has said all along that starting Losman was the better decision. He is right and you are not. If Holcomb is healthy who are you starting?

justasportsfan
11-14-2005, 09:46 AM
I think you need to get off your high horse. You were the one that wanted Holcomb in there because he gave us the best chance to win. Op, and I agree with him, has said all along that starting Losman was the better decision. He is right and you are not. If Holcomb is healthy who are you starting?If Holcomb gave us the best chance to win, I wanted him in there. If JP gave us the best chance to win I want him in there but not because I just want him to devlop.

He was right? That's your opinion and since you agree with him do you agree that JP didn' learn by sitting down too? He said Jp wouldn't learn anything by sitting down. He sure didn't take off or hold on to the ball like he did before he got benched. Instead he stayed in the pocket (like KH) and threw the ball to different recievers (like Holcomb) and he dodged sacks (like KH) instead of doing what he saw from Drew. As a result, 2 TD's and a win. Don't go telling me "I told you so. " Screw that it's the other way around. It was right to bench JP. He's been humbled and because of it it seems he has learned his lesson. It showed yesterday. If he keeps playing like he did yesterday than obviously he's become the better qb that gives us the best chance to win. And isn't that what I've always wanted? So how was I wrong again?

You guys wanted him in there to develop, I wanted whoever gave us the best chance to win because i haven't given up on the season and the team , don't twist my words around. I even said time and again, if we play JP we play to win not this develop crap . Hellooooo!!!

Meathead
11-14-2005, 09:47 AM
Convenient how you left out yesterdays stats. Unemotional?! You are a total Hoclomb homer. Look at the stats if you count yesterday as well. Does yesterday not count?! You are full of it.

you know what happens when you assume?

you make an ass out of you and you

i had those stats ready and waiting for someone to step right onto that flypaper - and guess what? you’re the sap that did. since you already posted them i won’t bother because i have the same thing.

the ONLY valid argument anyone might have to start jp (assuming we’re still talking about the best chance to win right now trumping developing the franchise) is that losman can compensate for the horrendous pass blocking that has resulting in Holcomb getting creamed and fumbling the ball away. I’ve already stated that numerous times as being the factor that could tip the scales in jp’s favor because jp is light years better at that than holcomb.

but that's the lamest of reasons to make a case that jp is "better" right now than holcomb. even peyton manning couldn’t operate behind this line with guys popping him in the yap after two seconds. following that logic, we should start Roscoe Parrish because he'll get sacked less. lmao @ you

no, your ASSumption is embarrassingly incorrect. i have no emotional attachment to Holcomb and i look forward to jp as a dominant franchise QB. but my vote always will go to trying to make the playoffs every single season, and the best shot RIGHT NOW is Holcomb.

welcome to the real world, mr. assumption. lmao

it's like taking panties from a baby

OpIv37
11-14-2005, 09:50 AM
yes I read what you posted. You posted the same crap "I said it BEFORE the KC game and I stand by it." which if I remember BEFORE the KC game, you wanted him to play to develop, NOT WIN.
BTW, how did you like that D yesterday that you blasted and called quitters? I think you should apologize to them. They weren't perfect but played their hearts out for the team. They didn't quit on the team and the fans.

See, that's the key difference between you and me. You think this team can win. I don't. The talent just isn't there. That's why I wanted to play Losman even before KC.

The reason I threw in the IF word was because yesterday this team showed they could win with Losman- he had a good game, and the D came up with big plays against a good offense. Can this team make the playoffs? Sure, IF Losman plays like he did yesterday, IF the D can continue to come up with big plays, IF the running game gets going AND IF NE loses a few more games (at least one more than we lose). That's a lot of IF's, and that's why we need to play Losman. Maybe we can win, but probably not- and if we don't at least we'll get something out of it.

Philagape
11-14-2005, 09:54 AM
I'm not sure I'd call KC that good of an offense. Green's throws were horrible, the INTs were easy, and he hasn't done much all year. They're all run, and that still worked pretty well

HHURRICANE
no, your ASSumption is embarrassingly incorrect. i have no emotional attachment to Holcomb and i look forward to jp as a dominant franchise QB. but my vote always will go to trying to make the playoffs every single season, and the best shot RIGHT NOW is Holcomb.

I am glad you are so smart but you are the one who took the bait. I got what I needed out of you which was you admitting that you want Holcomb in there. You can take "umption" out of your quote to figure out how I feel about your opinion.

lordofgun
Got news for you, Meathead...we would have lost if Holcomb stayed in the game yesterday. So your whole argument that we should now go back to Holcomb since we're only a game out of first in the AFC East is pretty silly at best.

HHURRICANE
11-14-2005, 09:56 AM
See, that's the key difference between you and me. You think this team can win. I don't. The talent just isn't there. That's why I wanted to play Losman even before KC.

The reason I threw in the IF word was because yesterday this team showed they could win with Losman- he had a good game, and the D came up with big plays against a good offense. Can this team make the playoffs? Sure, IF Losman plays like he did yesterday, IF the D can continue to come up with big plays, IF the running game gets going AND IF NE loses a few more games (at least one more than we lose). That's a lot of IF's, and that's why we need to play Losman. Maybe we can win, but probably not- and if we don't at least we'll get something out of it.

People don't understand when you are objective. Sorry that you have to defend yourself.

OpIv37
11-14-2005, 09:57 AM
but that's the lamest of reasons to make a case that jp is "better" right now than holcomb. even peyton manning couldn’t operate behind this line with guys popping him in the yap after two seconds. following that logic, we should start Roscoe Parrish because he'll get sacked less. lmao @ you

how can you dismiss the turnover stat that easily? The turnover differential was crucial to the victory yesterday. It was also why we lost in NE. Turnovers are huge and anything we can do to minimize them is only going to help us win.

Philagape
11-14-2005, 09:57 AM
Bottom line

Holcomb and JP's ability to win games has proven to be equal. That alone rules out Holcomb because JP is our franchise guy.

HHURRICANE
11-14-2005, 10:02 AM
Bottom line

Holcomb and JP's ability to win games has proven to be equal. That alone rules out Holcomb because JP is our franchise guy.

BINGO!! Enough said.:bf1:

justasportsfan
11-14-2005, 10:04 AM

and that's the diffeence between you and me, I know we aren't talented but I know this team doesn't want to quit. We can make playoffs not because our team is any good but simply because the rest of the AFCE sucks just as bad as us.

I don't see how it doesn't benefit JP to be in the playoffs. He's never been there. If we make it, at least he knows what it's like being there. Have you forgotten that, that what Spikes came here for? Didn't he come here because we are supposedly committed to winning. How are you committed to winning when you decide to develop a player when you are in the thick of things?

Even if he's injured wouldn't you want him not to regret coming here because the team never quits? I've always stated that we should put our best players in there to win. If JP has learned from his being benched and is now the best qb that gives us the best chance to win, then I'm all for it. To me it's all about the win.

Mr. Cynical
11-14-2005, 10:06 AM
Two words: Holcomb sucks.

Meathead
11-14-2005, 10:21 AM
how can you dismiss the turnover stat that easily? The turnover differential was crucial to the victory yesterday. It was also why we lost in NE. Turnovers are huge and anything we can do to minimize them is only going to help us win.
show me where i dismissed it

i openly state that jp is light years ahead of holcomb in that area

but even if he has zero fumbles from pass rush pressure, and runs for a couple first downs a game when holcomb gets zero, the team still isn't going to win if he's putting up 80 yards passing and 0.0 TD's on the road.

Historian
11-14-2005, 10:38 AM
another "play losman to develop " post :shakeno: You play Losman to WIN. Sheez. The season isn't over. We can very well win this division. How hard is that for you to understand?

I disagree JD.

With all respect to Crowell, who has done everything they have asked him, our season ended the minute Takeo hit the turf.

That being said, I've PAID money for season tickets to see JP play. I would like to see him in there, win or lose, honing his skills.

MikeInRoch
11-14-2005, 12:09 PM
Let's compare apples to apples, shall we:

Yesterdays game stats:

Holcomb: 4/6, 25 yards, *1* first down on four drives, 0 points.
Losman: 9/16, 137 yards, *8* first downs on eight drives, 14 points, plus two FG opportunities.

No question which one played better against the SAME defense, and in the SAME weather conditions. Case closed.

dannyek71
11-14-2005, 12:13 PM
all i know is that we seemed to do much better offensivly with losman in compared to KH...

OpIv37
11-14-2005, 12:21 PM
I don't see how it doesn't benefit JP to be in the playoffs. He's never been there. If we make it, at least he knows what it's like being there. Have you forgotten that, that what Spikes came here for? Didn't he come here because we are supposedly committed to winning. How are you committed to winning when you decide to develop a player when you are in the thick of things?
Even if he's injured wouldn't you want him not to regret coming here because the team never quits?

How does it benefit JP to be in the playoffs if he's riding the pine? There's no pressure if you don't play.

And committed to winning- please. The players maybe, the organization- no. If this team was so committed to winning, they would have-
-Fired Gilbride and Williams with him since Williams wouldn't fire Gilbride in the middle of '03
-Shelled out for coaches with experience instead of cheaping out twice in a row with rookie head coaches.
-found some real O linemen instead of just assuming McNally could make chicken salad from chicken ****.
-Found a way to keep or replace Pat Williams instead of cheaping out and using his back-up
-had a QB competition in camp this year, with either Bledsoe or Holcomb vs. Losman (who isn't important- the point is making someone WIN the job instead of handing it to them to vindicate a GM decision)
-Gotten rid of or at least restructured MW, rather than staying the course to vindicate a GM decision.

ublinkwescore
11-14-2005, 12:25 PM
I think Linda Cohn said it best when she said we aren't winning the superbowl this year, we might as well start Losman the rest of the season and hope he continues to play 'mad'.

justasportsfan
11-14-2005, 12:45 PM
How does it benefit JP to be in the playoffs if he's riding the pine? There's no pressure if you don't play.
And committed to winning- please. The players maybe, the organization- no. If this team was so committed to winning, they would have-
-Fired Gilbride and Williams with him since Williams wouldn't fire Gilbride in the middle of '03
-Shelled out for coaches with experience instead of cheaping out twice in a row with rookie head coaches.
-found some real O linemen instead of just assuming McNally could make chicken salad from chicken ****.
-Found a way to keep or replace Pat Williams instead of cheaping out and using his back-up
-had a QB competition in camp this year, with either Bledsoe or Holcomb vs. Losman (who isn't important- the point is making someone WIN the job instead of handing it to them to vindicate a GM decision)
-Gotten rid of or at least restructured MW, rather than staying the course to vindicate a GM decision.

Let me clear this up. We both disagree when it comes to the season. You have stated numerous times by writing posts/threads that "the bills suck and the season is over" (paraphrase) while I think we still have a chance especially since the entire AFCE sucks which you continously ignore. You want us to tank the season for simply developing 1 player. I want us to get there whether it's JP or KH. I have never stated that JP sucks as a matter of fact if you remember when we met during the opener, I had more confidence in JP than you did. I had more confidence in the team than you did.

It may have not turned out my way but inspite that, we are still in it while you have already given up on the season.

Back to the point, whether we make it to the playoffs with KH , JP will benefit from just being there and learning. You told me he won't learn by sitting down. It's obvious he did when he got benched as it showed yesterday.

I've said it then and I'll say it again, I like JP and believe he will be a great qb for the bills. However, you do not give up on the players that still want to win especially when they still have a good chance of not only staying alive but winning the division.

I understand that JP needs time to develop. We don't disagree there. You however have blasted the other players by calling them quitters when in fact they played their hearts out as witnessed yesterday. We wouldn't be in the running for the top of the AFCE if they were quitters. Some of them may not have the talent but you do not rip out their hearts by giving up on them either. This is where you and I have a problem.

When your coaches are trying to put in the best players to win , they are obviously trying to win now and are committed to win now. Whether they know what they are doing is another story but the intention to win is there. I do not agree w/ a lot of what TD has done (like you do) but I doubt he is trying to run the franchise to the ground intentionally. You can blast his moves but you are way off in implying that they aren't trying to win.

Quitting now, would definitely be a sign that you are not committed to winning. You quit on us this season but the coaches haven't. so who's the one committed and who isn't.

Iehoshua
11-14-2005, 12:53 PM
i'm torn because i want to make the playoffs, but if we don't develop jp we'll just be back in this spot again next season.
I know how you feel, I felt the exact same way. Here's how I saw it; Either squeak into the playoffs with a flawed, mediocre borderline team led by a mediocre flawed, career backup QB and most likely get knocked out in the 1st round, or get the young qb experience and build up for a legitimate Superbowl run. I'd rather build for the legit run.

Captain gameboy
11-14-2005, 12:58 PM
What attracts us to sports in the unpredictability and non linear nature of human achievement.

That’s a fancy way of stating the obvious.

Learning curves are not linear.
If they were, or if stats, (read past performance), had a high level of future predictability, I would give a rat’s buttocks about Wys posts.

JP is our guy. His learning cure is unpredictable.
He did not throw his ten foot high overthrow yesterday, (except once to Moulds).

But on a third down yesterday, he took off to the right and jammed the first down the Chiefs throats. More clock.

That’s what I’m looking for.

TacklingDummy
11-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Two words: Holcomb sucks.

3 words: They both suck.

Iehoshua
11-14-2005, 01:10 PM
3 words: They both suck.
You can make the argument both are bad, however JP has an upside, KH is what he is...

Devin
11-14-2005, 01:12 PM
I agree the numbers aint great.

I simply want JP to start because I feel if he isnt we are simply delaying another year.

OpIv37
11-14-2005, 01:17 PM
When your coaches are trying to put in the best players to win , they are obviously trying to win now and are committed to win now. Whether they know what they are doing is another story but the intention to win is there. I do not agree w/ a lot of what TD has done (like you do) but I doubt he is trying to run the franchise to the ground intentionally. You can blast his moves but you are way off in implying that they aren't trying to win.
Quitting now, would definitely be a sign that you are not committed to winning. You quit on us this season but the coaches haven't. so who's the one committed and who isn't.

so you say that the coaches don't know what they're doing, but you agree with their decision not to "quit on the season" (I put that in quotes since I don't think that's what it is). Will you still agree with that decision when we don't make the playoffs and JP has no experience and we're in the exact same position at this point next year that we are now, and that we were in at this point last year? If they don't play JP, nothing changes. Clearly, something has to change.

I don't think anyone is trying to run the franchise into the ground, but I don't think that winning is the only consideration that TD has. Clearly a subserviant nature and a willingness to accept lower salaries comes into play when head coaches are concerned.

TigerJ
11-14-2005, 01:17 PM
With Holcomb getting an MRI, it doesn't really look like he's going to be available for the San Diego game, so this whole debate is rendered academic as far as next week is concerned. Personally, I would to take my chances with Losman next week even if Holcomb were healthy. If you're playing a better team, which San Diego probably is at this point, playing it safe almost invariably gets you a loss. Sometimes playing a wild card (in this case Losman) let's you buck the odds and come away with a win.

TacklingDummy
11-14-2005, 01:20 PM
You can make the argument both are bad, however JP has an upside, KH is what he is...

Oh theres no arguement. They both do indeed suck.

Im with the Losman starts now people.

If anything starting Losman wll give messages boards alot to talk about.

justasportsfan
11-14-2005, 01:34 PM
so you say that the coaches don't know what they're doing, but you agree with their decision not to "quit on the season" (I put that in quotes since I don't think that's what it is). Will you still agree with that decision when we don't make the playoffs and JP has no experience and we're in the exact same position at this point next year that we are now, and that we were in at this point last year? If they don't play JP, nothing changes. Clearly, something has to change.
I don't think anyone is trying to run the franchise into the ground, but I don't think that winning is the only consideration that TD has. Clearly a subserviant nature and a willingness to accept lower salaries comes into play when head coaches are concerned.that's because I said, I don't agree w/ a lot of what they did, it means I agree with some of their moves. Trying to win now when we have a chance is one of them, TKo was another, etc. and whether you deny it or not, you feel the same too.

It's all about winning now especially when the divsion is within our reach and obviously you want to take that chance away by giving up on the season, preparing for a future that may never come. You grab every opportunity now because it may never come again.

If we balk now and the fins end up going to the playoffs, who looks like the idiot? Don't tell me either that we'll end up better than them in the long run because you are not Nostradamus.

Michael82
11-14-2005, 02:38 PM
Here's some more stats for you, Meathead....

JP Losman's Schedule
Houston Texans: 1-8
@Tampa Bay Bucaneers: 6-3
Atlanta Falcons: 6-3
@ New Orleans Saints: 2-7
-------------------------------
Total Record of teams that he started against: 15-21

Kelly Holcomb's schedule
Miami Dolphins: 3-6
New York Jets: 2-7
@ Oakland Raiders: 3-6
@ New England Patriots: 5-4
Total Record of teams that he started against: 13-23

Michael82
11-14-2005, 02:41 PM
Oh and now you can give the Chiefs game to JP Losman, because he won that game and it appeared the Bills would have lost with Kelly Holcomb....

5-4 record

X-Era
11-14-2005, 02:50 PM
Both Holcomb and Losman have four complete games under their belt, with both guys playing two home and two away games. Furthermore, all four of these games were situations where the opponent knew who was going to start and spent a full week preparing for that QB.

That makes it very easy to do a direct comparison, and one that removes all emotion from the equation.

In their four starts here’s how they compare:

Losman:
94 Attempts
45 Completions
47.9%
1 TD
2 INT
52.3 QB Rating

Holcomb:
112 Attempts
77 Completions
68.8%
6 TD
3 INT
95.1 QB Rating

Now let’s look at just the AWAY games:

Losman:
43 Attempts
18 Completions
41.9% (ouch!)
0 TD
1 INT
42.8 QB Rating (double owwwwtch!!)

Holcomb:
60 Attempts
39 Completions
65.0%
3 TD
1 INT
96.65 QB Rating

omg, let me run around like a little girl with my panties in a bunch proclaiming JP is now ready to take on tough NFL teams on the road, even though this is based purely on EMOTIONAL EUPHORIA because the data paints an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT STORY.

another spanking by cold, hard facts. once again. you think you’d know better by now.

god I love this. but it's just too damn easy.

All the ranting and raving you do wont bring Holcomb back in as permanent starter. Its a matter of time, and that time may be up on Holcomb as our starter.

Your wasting your time, the majority of fans feel JP should start. If the Bills lean that way, you can either deal with it or get a different team

Novacane
11-14-2005, 03:06 PM

Yesterdays game stats:

Losman: 9/16, 137 yards, *8* first downs on eight drives, 14 points, plus two FG opportunities.

No question which one played better against the SAME defense, and in the SAME weather conditions. Case closed.

:bf1:

Bufftp
11-14-2005, 03:08 PM
Lies, Damn Lies and Statisctics....

Michael82
11-14-2005, 03:13 PM

Yesterdays game stats:

Great post! :bf1:

:10:

sdbillsfan2
11-14-2005, 04:34 PM
Just a thought !!!! I often wonder what would happen if the guys in the locker room who actually played the games acted and argued the same bull***** every week ? Debating is fine ,but when do we end the same old tired debate and support whom ever gets the freakin ball . Holcomb isn't the answer and J.P. needs time...!!!! How many times are you guys going to go over it ? Damn Guys get a life ,keep your fingers crossed and hope the New England falls on their faces.

TacklingDummy
11-14-2005, 07:17 PM
JP Losman's Schedule
Kelly Holcomb's schedule

Dude this means nothing. If JP would of went 2-2 against those 4 teams then their records would be 14-22. Its not that great of comparison comparing 14-21 to 13-23.

X-Era
11-14-2005, 07:28 PM

JP Losman's Schedule

Kelly Holcomb's schedule

How about some more stats for ya:

KH is not even in the top 30 as far as passing yards. McCown AND Warner have thrown for over 1000...BOTH of them, but not KH. In fact Chris Simms has thrown for more yards.

KH is 27th in TD passes, Kyle Orton, Joey Harrington, and Gus Ferrote have all thrown for more

KH is 8th in passers rating but is the ONLY guy in the top 30 to not have over 1000 yards

KH and JP are almost identical in yards per game with 116.4 and 114.0.

KH has thrown for only 3 more TD's in 2 more games than JP.

The guy did his job, he came in and played average which is what you expect from your backup. But lets not fool ourselves, he isnt the answer short or long term at QB.