PDA

View Full Version : Lee Evans

BillsFever21
11-14-2005, 08:16 AM
The prior 4 games with Holcomb- 120 yards and 1 TD

35 minutes with Losman today- 66 yards and 2 TD's

I think Lee desperately missed Holcomb's arm on the field yesterday.

dannyek71
11-14-2005, 08:19 AM
ill say again what ive been saying all year....

THROW THE BALL DEEP TO LEE

STAMPY
11-14-2005, 08:31 AM
The prior 4 games with Holcomb- 120 yards and 1 TD

35 minutes with Losman today- 66 yards and 2 TD's

I think Lee desperately missed Holcomb's arm on the field yesterday.

:rofl:

Guess what Evans numbers were in his first 4 games with JP

0 TDs 114 yards

Dude. It is all about winning. The benching is the reason JP worked harder and avoided his mistakes.

Bill Brasky
11-14-2005, 08:31 AM
Glad to see you can join us today stampy

BillsFever21
11-14-2005, 08:33 AM
:rofl:

Guess what Evans numbers were in his first 4 games with JP

0 TDs 114 yards

Dude. It is all about winning. The benching is the reason JP worked harder and avoided his mistakes.

That was over a month ago and against better teams like the Bucs and Falcons.

It's all about if JP is better now and he proved it yesterday.

And even with JP in his first 4 starts as an NFL QB he got the ball to Evans about just as much.

Philagape
11-14-2005, 08:50 AM
With every game JP plays, with every practice, with every hour studying, he learns. He proved that on Sunday. Therefore, any previous stats are irrelevant. JP was not the same QB on Sunday that he was 2 months ago.

Historian
11-14-2005, 10:51 AM
Evans sure is fun to watch, isn't he?

Best deep threat we've had here since Jerry Butler....maybe even Marlin Briscoe.

RedEyE
11-14-2005, 10:57 AM
I think the OL deserves some credit here as well. In previous games each QB just hasn't had the time to throw the deep ball. The Bills OL took charge (for the most part) and man handled the Cheifs DL, and picked up the blitz nicely. They were far from perfect, but in the end they got the job done. I'd have to say that these changes on OL might really work. We'll see.....

STAMPY
11-14-2005, 11:00 AM
That first TD grab by EVANS WAS INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!

RedEyE
11-14-2005, 11:02 AM
That first TD grab by EVANS WAS INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was, and he actually had to slow his route to grab it. Losman wicked strong arm plugged it in between the safety and the corner.

TacklingDummy
11-14-2005, 12:51 PM
JP was not the same QB on Sunday that he was 2 months ago.

I beg to differ. He was the same QB we seen the 1st 4 games of the season. He just had 2 good drives. Bills still only scored 7 points in the 2nd half. And McGahee's isnt the same back with JP playing.

Besides the 2 scoring drives (which one was set up by the Defense, and if the Bills had to go 80 yards they never would of scored) JP played the same way he did the first 4 games. Over thrown balls and running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

If JP starts next week against SD I predict, 110 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTS, Mcgahee about 50 yards rushing and the Bills under 200 yards total offense.

TacklingDummy
11-14-2005, 12:56 PM
It was, and he actually had to slow his route to grab it. Losman wicked strong arm plugged it in between the safety and the corner.

Wicked strong arm but yet Evans had to slow his route to grab it?

It was a piss poorly late thrown pass that Evans made a nice catch on. The 2nd TD pass was impressive.

RedEyE
11-14-2005, 01:03 PM
Wicked strong arm but yet Evans had to slow his route to grab it?

It was a piss poorly late thrown pass that Evans made a nice catch on. The 2nd TD pass was impressive.

C'mon man, the TD was made. What more do you want? Every WR has to adjust their route occassionally. That was a pretty heafty pass, and if that is the outcome each and every time, then I 'll take it. It got there. I'll just say the two of them make a nice tandem and leave it at that.

TacklingDummy
11-14-2005, 01:08 PM
I like the second one 100x better then the first one. I'll give JP credit. It was a nice pass probably the best pass this year out of a Bills starting QB.

venis2k1
11-14-2005, 03:37 PM
With every game JP plays, with every practice, with every hour studying, he learns. He proved that on Sunday. Therefore, any previous stats are irrelevant. JP was not the same QB on Sunday that he was 2 months ago.

to be fair, that can be said about any nfl QB.:afro:

justasportsfan
11-14-2005, 04:00 PM
That was over a month ago and against better teams like the Bucs and Falcons.

It's all about if JP is better now and he proved it yesterday.

And even with JP in his first 4 starts as an NFL QB he got the ball to Evans about just as much. Evans was better under Drew, so what's your excuse? That was last year? Evans is a deep threat, finally Jp listended to the players that told him to trust his wr's to make plays especially since he has the arm. Benching JP is what got him to throw those deep balls instead of panicking in the pocket and trying to scramble.

JP hasn't proven squat yet. Don't be so quick to name him in the HOF. I only hope ( oops, I said the hope word) JP continous to play with what he called anger. After a successful 1st game, he enjoyed the media and lost his focus. I liked it that he keot his focus even after the 1st TD.

You don't lose that focus until you've won the sb. That's what the pats did through the years and continue to do so.

The last buffalo fan
11-14-2005, 04:15 PM
here we go.........................again, and again. Enjoy the victory, get ready for the next game. Evans is our best receiver on the roster, Jp is the better Qb on the roster too. So, what the problem is? We are talking about Evans, or at least this is what the threas says, but we have to start *****ing about a good game, out a rookie qb, and after only his fifth game on the season.