PDA

View Full Version : Mike Williams

Kerr
11-14-2005, 10:32 AM
Why has everyone given up on him so quickly? He's proven he's a bust at tackle, but he just started playing the guard position. Doesn't he deserve some time to adjust to a new position? If that doesn't work out, couldn't he be converted to a defensive tackle? A little feedback. You'd hate to give up on a former 1st round pick so quickly.

McGahee420
11-14-2005, 10:36 AM
Why has everyone given up on him so quickly? He's proven he's a bust at tackle, but he just started playing the guard position. Doesn't he deserve some time to adjust to a new position? If that doesn't work out, couldn't he be converted to a defensive tackle? A little feedback. You'd hate to give up on a former 1st round pick so quickly.

He sucks....B U S T bust bust bust

OpIv37
11-14-2005, 10:41 AM
I wouldn't say "so quickly." He's had what 4, 5 seasons with the team?

As far as tackle goes, there is an adjustment period but how bad could it be? Remember, he's spent his whole career playing next to tackle, so his mindset was probably something like "the tackle's got that guy, so I need to block this guy". There were several plays where he was standing there doing nothing, like he didn't even know who he was supposed to hit.

He got benched (or at least moved out of his position) by Peters, who wasn't even an o-lineman until last year. That's pretty sad.

He's not worth $9 million a season- he's not worth half that. He should be renegotiated or cut after this season.

McGahee420
11-14-2005, 10:46 AM
I wouldn't say "so quickly." He's had what 4, 5 seasons with the team?

As far as tackle goes, there is an adjustment period but how bad could it be? Remember, he's spent his whole career playing next to tackle, so his mindset was probably something like "the tackle's got that guy, so I need to block this guy". There were several plays where he was standing there doing nothing, like he didn't even know who he was supposed to hit.

He got benched (or at least moved out of his position) by Peters, who wasn't even an o-lineman until last year. That's pretty sad.

He's not worth $9 million a season- he's not worth half that. He should be renegotiated or cut after this season.

AMEN, I say cut him

Mr. Cynical
11-14-2005, 11:08 AM
5 years, $35M+ wasted.

Bust.

:fat:

OpIv37
11-14-2005, 11:11 AM
one other thing- he's ALWAYS injured.

mysticsoto
11-14-2005, 11:16 AM

So let me get this straight. You want to take a RT that wasn't cutting it at his position (which is the slower of the two tackle positions), move him to left guard and even slower speed position that he had trouble with yesterday, and then when that doesn't work, you want to move him to Defensive Tackle that requires speed and strength to shed tackles, chase down and tackle running backs, and agility in getting around linemen to sack quarterbacks and/or disrupt the backfield? MW can't cut it at just paying attention to keeping 1 person engaged and away from the backfield, but somehow, he'll be able to move and fit into a dominating role as a Defensive Tackle?

Mike Williams is our biggest disappointment since Erik Flowers!!!

The King
11-14-2005, 11:43 AM
could a mod please correct the title of this thread? His name is pussyfoot. Mike Williams is dead to me.

Kerr
11-14-2005, 11:46 AM
I disagree. Wasn't it Trey Teague who said it would take him some time to get adjusted to playing Center after playing for so long at tackle before he got the hang of it? He played some center in college, but then was converted to tackle. Mike Williams hardly played guard at Texas. I think it was early in his freshmen year he got some exposure to it. For him, this is getting comfortable in another position in the line. Don't fault him for being a slower learner than other players in the league. Mularkey even said he might need some more time to get the hang of it.

Coverting to DT, was just an idea. If guard weren't to work out, i'd try to see what else could be done with him before throwing in the towel.

Mudflap1
11-14-2005, 01:16 PM
The guy is making $9 million...

Jon