PDA

View Full Version : Reality time: I hate to be the one...

northernbillfan
11-14-2005, 10:54 AM
But I have some reservations about yesterday's game.

Firstly, the Bills could not stop the run again. Johnson had well over 100 yards

Secondly the team Red Zone woes continue as they were 0-3 inside the 20.

Thirdly they only had 9 first downs. 3-13 on third down conversions.

Before we get all excited, this team needs to play a heck of a lot better in those areas before we can even think about the Bills being ready for the post season.

JP played great yesterday, but take away the two long strikes to Evans and he only had 75 yards.

BAM
11-14-2005, 11:00 AM
Wys-esque!

RedEyE
Sure, but it sure is nice to wallow in a victory. The defense really stepped their game up and shut down Green. LJ had a good day, but the Bills were without both rush stuffing DTs of last season. The Blitzing scheme worked perfectly.

OpIv37
JP played great yesterday, but take away the two long strikes to Evans and he only had 75 yards.

Thanks, Wys.

Seriously, though, you do bring up some legit concerns. There were several areas of the game in which the Bills were awful yesterday. An ugly win is still a win, so I don't want to be too hard on the team. But they will have to step it up in all the areas you mentioned in order to keep winning, the biggest ones being Run D and red zone offense.

northernbillfan
11-14-2005, 11:02 AM
I'm not trying to be Wys-opian just real.

The victory is great, but until some of these concerns are fixed the team will get spanked. Especially with SD next week.

BAM
11-14-2005, 11:02 AM
It's OK there always has to be a handfull. It just wouldn't feel right if there weren't!

Mr. Cynical
11-14-2005, 11:05 AM
But I have some reservations about yesterday's game.

Firstly, the Bills could not stop the run again. Johnson had well over 100 yards

Secondly the team Red Zone woes continue as they were 0-3 inside the 20.

Thirdly they only had 9 first downs. 3-13 on third down conversions.

Before we get all excited, this team needs to play a heck of a lot better in those areas before we can even think about the Bills being ready for the post season.

Oh, I have no delusions about where we are headed this season.

No where.

But the fact that JP played well is enough to put a small smile on my face.

RedEyE
11-14-2005, 11:06 AM
I'm not trying to be Wys-opian just real.

The victory is great, but until some of these concerns are fixed the team will get spanked. Especially with SD next week.

I think that's true. I'd like to give the team the benefit of the doubt though and hope that the changes we've made thus far can propel them further this season. It would be nice to grab a win on the road, especially against a team like the Chargers.

I don't think the Bills can handle Lt and Gates though. Gonzalez actually had a good game against the bills as well, and Gates is the better TE, respectfully.

The Bills will not be able to Blitz on the Chargers like the did the Cheifs. They'll need to actually stop a drive or two the old fashion way.

northernbillfan
11-14-2005, 11:08 AM
The team did surprise me by how they handled the Chiefs. Now if they can go into SD and do the same thing, plus score a few majors while in the red zone, then I would be happy.

And yeah JP played very well. I actually think he taught Holcomb a thing or two.

carybillsfan
11-14-2005, 11:12 AM
Our defense won this game, period. Just like last year they stepped up in the second half of the season. LJ did nothing in the second half. Any RB running behind that line, with Sam out of the lineup would have gone over the century mark. Our defense did not give up 1 big play, and they always seemed to have an answer for when the Chiefs were moving the ball. Let's not forget that was a pretty good O-line we blew up for 6 sacks. Oh and forcing KC into 2 attempts from 40+ in that wind yesterday not exactly gimmies. If we continue to play that way, we could make another run.

Philagape
11-14-2005, 11:39 AM
but take away the two long strikes to Evans and he only had 75 yards.

Take away all his passes and he had nothing. He sucks!

Why take away big plays? Are they any less a part of his performance? Any player's statistical totals include big plays. Many games are won that way.

Plus, he played just over half the game and didn't need to throw late.

Irrelevant stat.

Iehoshua
11-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Take away our takeaways and we might have our victory taken away if the taken away carries from Larry Johnson are turned into negative takeaways.
:dizzy:

Too much overanalyzing.

BAM
11-14-2005, 11:50 AM
Take away my last few classes and I am nowhere near my Associates Degree requirements. :ill: