PDA

View Full Version : For all those who called London Fletcher a bum...

pintonick96
11-14-2005, 02:03 PM
...can **** ** ***.

20 tackles? I believe he has some left in him. Like 10 more years left.

*edited to keep it clean* nbf

OpIv37
11-14-2005, 02:10 PM
He had a good game and he deserves some credit for it. But he needs to do it consistently. Just like I'm not gonna tear Lindell down for one bad game, I'm not gonna put Fletcher on a pedestal for one good game.

Before yesterday, he hadn't had a big play since he knocked Pennington out of the game and forced the fumble last season.

The last buffalo fan
11-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Okay, I'll change my mind now, he's no longer a bum. He's now a bum, with several tackles!!!

madness
11-14-2005, 02:37 PM
Sam Adams is out and Fletcher goes on a tear. Coincidence or was Adams really not playing within the scheme???

pintonick96
11-14-2005, 02:52 PM
Sam Adams is out and Fletcher goes on a tear. Coincidence or was Adams really not playing within the scheme???

I wonder how "hurt" Adams is. I wonder if some of it has to do with his complaining about how much PT he's getting and if the coaches are sick of it.

OpIv37
11-14-2005, 02:57 PM
I wonder how "hurt" Adams is. I wonder if some of it has to do with his complaining about how much PT he's getting and if the coaches are sick of it.

yeah I tend to agree- he's probably a little banged up so he wouldn't be 100%, and given that he hasn't been making the coaches happy when healthy, they deactivated him so they didn't have to listen to him whine.

BillsFever21
11-14-2005, 02:57 PM
London is a pimp. He's a good player to have around.

The guy has been Top 5-10 in tackles since he's been here but some feel he isn't any good?

mchurchfie
11-14-2005, 03:07 PM
He had a good game and he deserves some credit for it. But he needs to do it consistently. Just like I'm not gonna tear Lindell down for one bad game, I'm not gonna put Fletcher on a pedestal for one good game.

Before yesterday, he hadn't had a big play since he knocked Pennington out of the game and forced the fumble last season.:bf1::bf1:

Maybe Fletch decided he better up his game so he didn't end up with Big Sam warming the bench.

The last buffalo fan
11-14-2005, 03:09 PM
he is good, and has in his tank at least two more good seasons. But if any LB, gets that amount of tackles, something has to be wrong in that defense.

mchurchfie
11-14-2005, 03:09 PM
...can **** ** ***.
20 tackles? I believe he has some left in him. Like 10 more years left.
*edited to keep it clean* nbf
One good game in the last year...put me back on the Fletchwagon:coocoo: :coocoo:

madness
11-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Seriously though, I didn't see the game. I heard London was making plays because he wasn't getting blocked by lineman. I also heard the line was getting some decent penetration.

Is there any truth to this? If so, what's up with that? Is Adams more of a risk to Gray's scheme when he's on the field?

mchurchfie
11-14-2005, 03:15 PM
Adams is quick off the line because he anticpates the snap alot. This is good but he also runs his big butt right out of the play alot of times. The OL uses his aggressiveness against him.

OpIv37
11-14-2005, 03:17 PM
London is a pimp. He's a good player to have around.

The guy has been Top 5-10 in tackles since he's been here but some feel he isn't any good?

he makes tackles, when the RB is already 4-5 yards or more past the line of scrimmage. When was the last time he had a tackle for a loss, a sack, a forced fumble, a tipped ball, an interception? No one expects him to do those things on every play (especally sacks since he rarely blitzes), but he would have more big plays and less tackles if he wasn't a second late on every play.

Fletcher is like a base-model Honda Civic. He's always there and always reliable, but he doesn't do anything spectacular. The problem is this team needs spectacular plays from the D to be successful. With Spikes down, he's supposedly our #1 linebacker, but Crowell really showed him up the last two games.

pintonick96
11-14-2005, 03:17 PM
Sam Adams is an undertackle trying to play nose tackle. He's expected to stuff all runs up the middle when he's more of a gap DT. Plain and simple.

OpIv37
11-14-2005, 03:18 PM
Seriously though, I didn't see the game. I heard London was making plays because he wasn't getting blocked by lineman. I also heard the line was getting some decent penetration.

Is there any truth to this? If so, what's up with that? Is Adams more of a risk to Gray's scheme when he's on the field?

Run D was terrible. Bannan and Anderson together on the line had a suprisingly good pass rush and Gray's blitzes were a lot more effective. They were in Green's face all day, hence 2 INT's and 6 sacks.

chubluv
11-14-2005, 03:31 PM
He was in on 20 tackles because he was catching Tony Gonzalez from behind after getting burned on all those right down the center of the field plays.

hydro
11-14-2005, 05:03 PM
he is good, and has in his tank at least two more good seasons. But if any LB, gets that amount of tackles, something has to be wrong in that defense.
Are you serious!??!?! Thats what the linebacker is a TACKLER. Its not good for Safties to have that many tackles but that is exactly what LB's especially MLB are supposed to do........ MAKE TACKLES!!!

DynaPaul
11-14-2005, 05:12 PM
I never understood why people on here were calling him a bum. London is just a steady tackler, he's not a big play guy. Not everyone is a big play guy but that doesn't mean they suck.

pintonick96
11-14-2005, 05:13 PM
btw, sorry NBF. I just wanted to prove a point.

The last buffalo fan
11-14-2005, 05:17 PM
Are you serious!??!?! Thats what the linebacker is a TACKLER. Its not good for Safties to have that many tackles but that is exactly what LB's especially MLB are supposed to do........ MAKE TACKLES!!!

In that amount, and at least 8 yards after the LOS?? You are right, everything is fine. That's a pretty common number, among the Lbs, I'm sorry for waisting your time.