PDA

View Full Version : Holcomb cant be counted on, thats the facts

X-Era
11-14-2005, 03:01 PM
Lets face it. Holcomb hasnt won any games, period. McGahee and our running game won us games. Holcomb couldnt even manage to put up more than 3 points in a half against NE. We absoultely dominated them and lost because we had NO passing game. The stats prove it with the 30th ranked passing O. Holcomb hasnt impressed me one bit. He can move the ball on short routes but in 4 games he has hit a total of 1 long play. My grandma can probably do that. Holcomb didnt win anything for us. Or should I say, his arm didnt buy us any wins. Holcomb can only beat teams that suck like Mia and NYJ.

Now, JP up until yesterday didnt win any games for us either. He had one good game against Houston. Again, JP didnt have any long pass plays either. The difference is JP played bad against 2 great teams. The NO game was the only one that he had no reason to suck in.

If you had asked me before yesterdays game who we could go to the playoffs with I would have said neither because neither was winning anything for us.

But yesterday that all changed. JP in one game, really in one half, did what Holcomb hasnt done at all. Gave us the long ball back. Furthermore, he showed on the field the reason why this team needs a mobile QB. Holcomb was eaten alive almost fumbling 3 times, threw for 25 yards, and fumbled another one. Ohh add in the toss at the d-linemans head. JP scrambled for 1st downs, threw on the run, and threw 2 TD's.

Facts are facts, JP, NOT McGahee won yesterdays game against a good KC team. Holcomb hasnt won a single game for us. If you want to still have a chance to win when our o-line falters, and McGahee runs for less than 100, you start Losman. Holcomb has now proved for the 1000th time in his career that he is worthy of warming the bench.

No team with the 30th ranked passing O should feel "settled" at QB. But based on JP's play, we all should start smiling about things getting better.

justasportsfan
11-14-2005, 03:14 PM
Niether JP nor KH won or lost games by themselves.
Facts are facts, JP, NOT McGahee won yesterdays game against a good KC team.
I don't know what you were watching yesterday ,but JP didn't win the game by himself either. That's a fact.

finsrclowns
11-14-2005, 03:26 PM
JP won the game yesterday? Er...no. It's a team game. Did Holcomb give up 38 points on the road to the Raiders? No. Holcomb played solid in that game the D didn't. The D gave up 3 points yesterday. I'm thinking that was a bigger factor than JP's 137 yards passing. Why isn't it enough for you that JP looked solid yesterday? Why the Holcomb hate?

justasportsfan
11-14-2005, 03:51 PM
JP won the game yesterday? Er...no. It's a team game. Did Holcomb give up 38 points on the road to the Raiders? No. Holcomb played solid in that game the D didn't. The D gave up 3 points yesterday. I'm thinking that was a bigger factor than JP's 137 yards passing. Why isn't it enough for you that JP looked solid yesterday? Why the Holcomb hate?because JP fans are dying to watch him play and in order for them to do that, they'd rather blast another player who happens to be a bills player. :crazy:

X-Era
11-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Niether JP nor KH won or lost games by themselves.
I don't know what you were watching yesterday ,but JP didn't win the game by himself either. That's a fact.

Hey, I gave up on the "its not just the QB" thought about 4 games in to the season. I have said that all along. You guys tell me what rules we are playing by. I thought if we win or lose its all because of the QB, you guys have made that rule and Im just following along.

The fact is though. That JP did what Holcomb couldnt do which was to trow the ball long for 2 TD's. It was those points that won the game. Did our D play well, absolutely. and the stopped the KC O. But, JP's direct plays put the points on the board for us to win. In yesterdays game, KH didnt do that at all and I see no reason he would have suddenly stepped up.

I cant think of a single game where KH's throws were the sole points that won a game for us. In fact, KH's LACK of passing prowess COST us the NE game.

Our D is our D and has been, thats been a basic constant so lest leave that out of the equation. If they looked starckly different season I would add them in as a factor but they have sucked vs. the run all year. Yesterday was no different.

Again, same D playing the same way, KH does nothing and gives us NO points in a game where McGahee is inneffective. JP comes in, the O gets the REAL "spark" and he personally throws the 14 points that won the game.

X-Era
11-14-2005, 03:55 PM
JP won the game yesterday? Er...no. It's a team game. Did Holcomb give up 38 points on the road to the Raiders? No. Holcomb played solid in that game the D didn't. The D gave up 3 points yesterday. I'm thinking that was a bigger factor than JP's 137 yards passing. Why isn't it enough for you that JP looked solid yesterday? Why the Holcomb hate?

hate Holcomb? not at all, all teams need a backup QB.

Mr. Cynical
11-14-2005, 04:05 PM
Hey, I gave up on the "its not just the QB" thought about 4 games in to the season. I have said that all along. You guys tell me what rules we are playing by. I thought if we win or lose its all because of the QB, you guys have made that rule and Im just following along.

The rules change when they are convenient to be changed. Don't try to figure them out.

Again, same D playing the same way, KH does nothing and gives us NO points in a game where McGahee is inneffective. JP comes in, the O gets the REAL "spark" and he personally throws the 14 points that won the game.

This is the fact that speaks volumes about the impact of the QB play. Same game. Same opponent. Different results.

Devin
11-14-2005, 04:09 PM
For crying out loud.

Holcomb came in and helped win two divisional games for us as well as keeping us in the game on our two losses.

I dont trust JP any more then Holcomb. My concern is next season I dont believe JP is going to come in and magically allow us to win out this year.

Mr.Reality
11-14-2005, 04:21 PM
If you have to count on Kelly Holcomb, you're probably hurtin' anyway.

Philagape
11-14-2005, 04:37 PM
I'm a JP supporter, but I have nothing but respect for Holcomb. I like him. He's a good backup QB. He has played well for the most part, if limited, with a few mistakes, pretty much just as I expected him to. He's not the answer and has no upside, but I'm glad he's around.
One does not have to badmouth Holcomb to support JP. I said yesterday that those who badmouth a Bills player (not just criticize, but insult) out of spite are not true Bills fans, and that's the case in either direction.

finsrclowns
11-14-2005, 04:44 PM

The fact is though. That JP did what Holcomb couldnt do which was to trow the ball long for 2 TD's. It was those points that won the game. Did our D play well, absolutely. and the stopped the KC O. But, JP's direct plays put the points on the board for us to win. In yesterdays game, KH didnt do that at all and I see no reason he would have suddenly stepped up.

I cant think of a single game where KH's throws were the sole points that won a game for us. In fact, KH's LACK of passing prowess COST us the NE game.

Our D is our D and has been, thats been a basic constant so lest leave that out of the equation. If they looked starckly different season I would add them in as a factor but they have sucked vs. the run all year. Yesterday was no different.

KH was struggling yesterday but I dare say he would have managed 2 FG's if he hadn't gotten hurt. Saying JP was the reason we won when the D gave up three points is just funny.

Meathead
11-14-2005, 04:49 PM
jp is a football deity here on earth and if you disagree you don't deserve to talk, you evil non-bills fans

Mr.Reality
11-14-2005, 05:02 PM
I think Loseman will be just fine in the long run. Potentially very good. What's happening to him happens to just about every young QB not named Marino or Rothlisberger. Pretty standard, really. He missed most of last year, didn't he? This is basically his rookie year. I look at other signs. Does he learn from his screw ups? Does he get shaken by his screw ups, or does he retain is arrogance? Does he screw up trying to do too much, or screw up trying not to screw up, like Joey Harrington? Does he get a little better as the season goes on?

Personally, I like Loseman. I like his attitude. I like that he's cocky and arrogant. A guy like that will bounce back faster after getting his head beat in than some introvert pansy.

justasportsfan
11-14-2005, 05:13 PM

Jp couldn't manage the team and wr's like KH could when he came in. JP learned from watching KH distribute the ball to several recievers and yet I never blasted Jp for it. Jp needed to learn and he did by watching KH. All of a sudden JP isn't just throwing to just Josh Reed and he's keeping his composure in the pocket. Somethin he learned watching Holcomb. Yes, KH doesn't have the deep ball arm but JP didn't have it either until he saw KH stay in the pocket and trust his wr's to make plays.

I never set any rules. I'm not a DLC member and never was. JP was part of the reason why we won. Not the ONLY reason like you implied in this thread. I guess our sacks and int's didn't come into play.

X-Era
11-14-2005, 07:26 PM
jp is a football deity here on earth and if you disagree you don't deserve to talk, you evil non-bills fans

How about some more stats for ya:

KH is not even in the top 30 as far as passing yards. McCown AND Warner have thrown for over 1000...BOTH of them, but not KH. In fact Chris Simms has thrown for more yards.

KH is 27th in TD passes, Kyle Orton, Joey Harrington, and Gus Ferrote have all thrown for more

KH is 8th in passers rating but is the ONLY guy in the top 30 to not have over 1000 yards

KH and JP are almost identical in yards per game with 116.4 and 114.0.

KH has thrown for only 3 more TD's in 2 more games than JP.

The guy did his job, he came in and played average which is what you expect from your backup. But lets not fool ourselves, he isnt the answer short or long term at QB.

The_Philster
11-14-2005, 09:09 PM
I'm a JP supporter, but I have nothing but respect for Holcomb. I like him. He's a good backup QB. He has played well for the most part, if limited, with a few mistakes, pretty much just as I expected him to. He's not the answer and has no upside, but I'm glad he's around.
One does not have to badmouth Holcomb to support JP. I said yesterday that those who badmouth a Bills player (not just criticize, but insult) out of spite are not true Bills fans, and that's the case in either direction.:10: :bf1::goodpost:

Dozerdog
11-14-2005, 09:24 PM
Please Wys- enough of the stats - to - fit - the - argument.

Been played out seasons ago.

JP needed to be benched- Holcomb did what he had to do while at the helm. Now It's back in JP's court. If he plays relaxed- he has more god-given talent. But if he ****s his drawers again- put in Holcomb.

Devin
11-14-2005, 09:53 PM
:bf1:

Turf
11-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Just remember everyone, this is a coaching staff that couldn't make Bledsoe a winner.
KH filled in well. Lossman learned some composure which he lacked. It's natural. He's young. He has nothing but upside. KH is what he is.
I still blame the coaching staff for a lot of JP's problems.
Even yesterday, a flea flicker on 3rd and 1, and trick QB sneak play on 4th and inches. These morons shouldn't even play nintendo football.

BidsJr
11-14-2005, 10:01 PM
KH was struggling yesterday but I dare say he would have managed 2 FG's if he hadn't gotten hurt. Saying JP was the reason we won when the D gave up three points is just funny.

You mean the 2 field goals that JP led us to that Lindell missed? (Oh that was in addition to the 2 td's):afro: