PDA

View Full Version : Rashad Baker is coming along nicely...

Michael82
11-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Troy Vincent hasn't been the same this year and has been getting burned quite a bit. Now with the shoulder bothering him again, it's time for our young safeties to step up. Nice job by Rashad Baker yesterday. He had a helluva game covering his receivers and making some huge plays. :bf1:

R. Baker: 2 tackles, 2 PD, 1 Interception

Iehoshua
11-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Perhaps it is time to see Mr. Vincent take a back seat to the young talent.

Ugh, has Troy contributed anything positive since we signed him?
:ill:

ParanoidAndroid
11-14-2005, 03:13 PM
I'm glad Donahoe read my 2004 mock draft and decided to pick him up. :D

Michael82
11-14-2005, 03:14 PM

2 interceptions against the Houston Texans. :up:

justasportsfan
11-14-2005, 03:18 PM
Mikey is such a flip-flop. Where was this thread the first 2 games? Oh wait, Troy was awsome. Fairweaterhed fans :shakeno:

Michael82
11-14-2005, 03:23 PM
Mikey is such a flip-flop. Where was this thread the first 2 games? Oh wait, Troy was awsome. Fairweaterhed fans :shakeno:
I never said Troy Vincent was awesome. :rolleyes:

Michael82
11-14-2005, 03:30 PM
Oh and just for the record...I have always been a big fan of Rashad Baker. I used to brag about him all the time at Training camp and am a big fan of his.

justasportsfan
11-14-2005, 03:45 PM
I never said Troy Vincent was awesome. :rolleyes:
I'm saying he was in those games , so where was this thread then? Not everyone has been great on this D.

The reason why Troy hasn't made more plays lately is because teams have been running against us. Baker (and you know I like the undrafted dude) had that INT because the Chiefs abandoned the run and decided the pass after Troy went down and they were behind.

Just like Op said, it's been 1 game (the Fletcher thread) and Baker has been burned too. Don't be so quick to overreact. Troy has been one of the reasons why we had a top pass D aside from the reason that teams would rather run against us. Troy was also awsome against the fins. :rolleyes:

TypicalBill
11-14-2005, 03:50 PM
:rolleyes:

dannyek71
11-14-2005, 04:18 PM
i think he's performed pretty well....How many years did we go with no ints for a FS?

OpIv37
11-14-2005, 04:30 PM
Yeah Mikey I see your point about Vincent but I agree with justa (for once). Vincent's past his prime but he still has some gas left in the tank. This is exactly how a football team should be run- Vincent is one of the smartest guys in the NFL and knows the game. His physical abilities are declining, but Baker is right there learning from him and will be ready to step up when the time comes.

Michael82
11-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Yeah Mikey I see your point about Vincent but I agree with justa (for once). Vincent's past his prime but he still has some gas left in the tank. This is exactly how a football team should be run- Vincent is one of the smartest guys in the NFL and knows the game. His physical abilities are declining, but Baker is right there learning from him and will be ready to step up when the time comes.
I agree with that. But then again, it's all moot if Vincent's shoulder injury is bad.

Iehoshua
11-14-2005, 04:33 PM
Vincent seems pretty prone to injury in his Bills tenure...

EDS
11-14-2005, 04:37 PM

Please tell me that comment was in jest. If not, perhaps watching the games would help.

Michael82
11-14-2005, 04:37 PM
Vincent seems pretty prone to injury in his Bills tenure...
That's the thing that worries me. His injury last year was a freak thing. Then his shoulder was bothering him earlier this year and now they said it's the same one that healed up during the bye week, hurts again.

dannyek71
11-14-2005, 04:40 PM
if you look at TV, his body doesnt look like it can take a beating. Sort of reminds me of a merton hanks without the 3ft long kneck.

The last buffalo fan
11-14-2005, 05:06 PM
if you look at TV, his body doesnt look like it can take a beating. Sort of reminds me of a merton hanks without the 3ft long kneck.

You hit the right button, he was a cover guy on his carrer only. Now, he is hitting more and being more hitted.

ShadowHawk7
11-14-2005, 05:36 PM
When did Troy last get burned? He's always there to make the tackle on the big run play, and has made 3 picks which was the most on the team before yesterday. Baker played very well, and has played well when given the chance. I wanted to bring him in as a UDFA and we did, and it has turned out well. I can't see TV sitting to him though. Troy should definitley continue to start IMO..

ShadowHawk7
11-14-2005, 05:37 PM
Please tell me that comment was in jest. If not, perhaps watching the games would help.
Lol. agreed there. :posrep: