PDA

View Full Version : Props to Angelo Crowell!

Michael82
11-14-2005, 03:20 PM
He has done an excellent job this year, filling in for Takeo Spikes. I hope that he decides to stay and they either play some 3-4 defense next year or use him to replace Jeff Posey's position or split time with Fletcher or Spikes. I have been very impressed with Crowell this year, with what I have seen on defense and even special teams. :clap:

Crowell had 10 tackles, 6 assists, 1 sack, 1 INT

For the season...

Angelo Crowell: 40 tackles, 20 assists, 3 sacks, 2 INT, 3 PD, 2 FF

justasportsfan
11-14-2005, 03:21 PM
and as soon as he has a bad game like Troy will you say good bye to him too?

Michael82
11-14-2005, 03:24 PM
and as soon as he has a bad game like Troy will you say good bye to him too?
:rolleyes:

chubluv
11-14-2005, 03:25 PM
He has been coming along lately. The whole defence played inspired yesturday. Lets just hope they can keep it going.

McGahee420
11-14-2005, 03:28 PM
He has done an excellent job this year, filling in for Takeo Spikes. I hope that he decides to stay and they either play some 3-4 defense next year or use him to replace Jeff Posey's position or split time with Fletcher or Spikes. I have been very impressed with Crowell this year, with what I have seen on defense and even special teams. :clap:

For the season...

:bow:

OpIv37
11-14-2005, 03:32 PM
I think having Spikes and Crowell on the field together next year will be huge. His stat line isn't quite TKO's level but it's getting close, and he has more big plays than Fletcher.

As far as Posey, the dude never makes a play. When I see him make a tackle, my reaction is usually "96? Who's that? Oh right- Posey. He's still on this team."

ParanoidAndroid
11-14-2005, 03:36 PM

For the season...

It would be a mistake to let this guy go. If Spikes is slowed down by his injury when he returns, he may end up taking Posey's spot and Crowell can stay where he is. Larry Johnson made Posey look like he was standing still on that fumble return. Spikes at 85% is faster than Posey at 100%.
Fletcher showed some life yesterday. I've been calling for his replacement and I still think we should get a future MLB this year, but it may not be as urgent as I thought. We'll see how the rest of the season goes.

Michael82
11-14-2005, 03:37 PM
I think having Spikes and Crowell on the field together next year will be huge. His stat line isn't quite TKO's level but it's getting close, and he has more big plays than Fletcher.

As far as Posey, the dude never makes a play. When I see him make a tackle, my reaction is usually "96? Who's that? Oh right- Posey. He's still on this team."
Agreed. And as for Posey, he finally made a play yesterday. He returned a fumble for 46 yards and tucked the ball back in, so he didnt fumble it when tackled.

OpIv37
11-14-2005, 03:40 PM
Agreed. And as for Posey, he finally made a play yesterday. He returned a fumble for 46 yards and tucked the ball back in, so he didnt fumble it when tackled.

that's true- I should give him credit for that. But seriously, this is a big play D that until this year, thrived off of turnovers and sacks. I don't remember him ever having one.

Captain gameboy
11-14-2005, 03:56 PM
Those Virginia guys aren't too bad after all.
They have a linebacker now, Ahmed Brooks, who is incredibe. This is his junior year. He has been out most of the year with an offseason injury thing. Has played the last two games.
If that gets worked out, he's a top 10 pick. Butkus award finalist as a sophmore.

If he comes out after this year, with the injury over his head, he'd be a steal.

A true freak. How many players can say the were not only Butkus award finalists as linebackers, but also returned kicks?

ryjam282
11-14-2005, 04:04 PM
I have to concur. Crowell has stepped up big time and is running with his opportunity. Very nice to see.

Mudflap1
11-14-2005, 04:10 PM
Crowell played good yesterday. However, consistency is the key with him. For the season, he has made some real good plays, then gets caught out of position and gives up a big run or two. If he can play more alongs the lines of how he played yesterday, then yeah, he's coming along real nice.

Jon

BillsFanCupp38
11-14-2005, 04:40 PM
i believe it was football hottie who said that stamer should have started over Crowell. HEA HEA HEA

EDS
11-14-2005, 04:42 PM
Crowell played good yesterday. However, consistency is the key with him. For the season, he has made some real good plays, then gets caught out of position and gives up a big run or two. If he can play more alongs the lines of how he played yesterday, then yeah, he's coming along real nice.

Jon

Consistency is very important. Hopefully he will become more consistent as he continues to gain experience.

Typ0
11-14-2005, 07:07 PM
For the season...

but how many hits did he have?

Michael82
11-14-2005, 07:09 PM
Not as many as Tedy Bruschi. :(

Plus, he didn't make the highlight shows with a nice pass defense in the endzone, like Bruschi did. He was too busy intercepting the ball and sacking the QB. :up:

Michael82
11-14-2005, 07:13 PM
Speaking of which.... it was another stellar game for the half-God/half-man, Tedy Bruschi....

T. Bruschi: 1 tackle, 3 assists, 80 hits :clap:

ublinkwescore
11-14-2005, 07:18 PM
hell, I could get 50 hits in an NFL Game (do they count if you accidentally run into your own players?)

ublinkwescore
11-14-2005, 07:22 PM
After seeing Ricky go down so easily, I could probably manage a tackle too.

footballhottie
11-15-2005, 12:41 PM
i believe it was football hottie who said that stamer should have started over Crowell. HEA HEA HEA stamer is dead to me

THATHURMANATOR
11-15-2005, 12:44 PM
I say have him compete with Posey next year, or maybe be there is Spikes doesn't recover.

Devin
11-15-2005, 12:47 PM
Crowell has been solid for us, I hope we can keep the kid.

Jeff1220
11-15-2005, 02:27 PM

This was a turning point in this thread.
It went from :bf1: for Crowell to :roflmao: about Tedy.

mysticsoto
11-15-2005, 02:36 PM
stamer is dead to me

Why? Did he get tired of you stalking him? :)

MTBillsFan
11-15-2005, 11:10 PM
Crowell is a damn good LB. It had been said that our backups could start in most places in the league...they just never had the chance to play until this year. I hope our LB's continue to produce the numbers like they did on sunday. That means our DB's aren't making as many stops. As for him being out of place, a lot of D has been out of place this year. Not just the back up LB's

GO BILLS!