PDA

View Full Version : The funny thing will be all the people bashing JP if he doesn't do well next week.

THATHURMANATOR
11-14-2005, 06:14 PM
:coocoo:

Cntrygal
11-14-2005, 06:19 PM
You should keep a list. :D

Michael82
11-14-2005, 06:26 PM
I'm with JP Losman for the rest of the season now. The time has come to let this kid develop and I am for sticking with him all the way thru, even if he struggles. I may get mad at him and curse at him next week, but I still think it's the right thing to do.

OpIv37
11-14-2005, 06:31 PM
I'm with Mikey on this one- no matter how bad he plays, it's time to let JP finish off the season. If he does bad I'll probably complain about it, but I won't be calling for his head til at least the off-season.

Bufftp
11-14-2005, 06:37 PM
I'm surprised that there are not more zoners with sprained ankles, torn knee ligaments, and injured backs with all the bandwagon to band wagon jumping that goes on here.

OpIv37
11-14-2005, 06:54 PM
I'm surprised that there are not more zoners with sprained ankles, torn knee ligaments, and injured backs with all the bandwagon to band wagon jumping that goes on here.

don't look at me- I wanted to put Losman in as soon as we lost to the Pats.

The_Philster
11-14-2005, 06:58 PM
don't look at me- I wanted to put Losman in as soon as we lost to the Pats.
i never wanted him benched in the first place

Michael82
11-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Did any of us? :ill:

I only stood by Holcomb because he was the starting QB and won 2 games in a row that we needed to win. I still was upset that Losman wasn't getting the development that he needed. But now I wonder if the benching may have been what he needed. He played with a lot more confidence out there and hardly ran with the ball, and chose to throw it and give his receivers a chance. I liked what I saw.

The_Philster
11-14-2005, 07:03 PM
anyone who ever had a Holcombmaniac group membership...

Michael82
11-14-2005, 07:04 PM
anyone who ever had a Holcombmaniac group membership...
Not if they had both. :::

The_Philster
11-14-2005, 07:05 PM
Not if they had both. :::
Those would be the flip-floppers :D

Michael82
11-14-2005, 07:06 PM
nope, just people who are standing by their starting QB. :up:

TigerJ
11-14-2005, 09:54 PM
I don't doubt it, Thurm. If Losman plays poorly, I won't be in denial about it, and I wouldn't mind if Holcomb came on in relief, but I can't see Buffalo going back to Holcomb as starter the rest of the year.

Iehoshua
11-14-2005, 09:57 PM
:bf1: That's the wagon I've been on all year as well...

Dozerdog
11-14-2005, 10:01 PM
I want to win games, or lose trying.

If JP has a 75 yard, 53.2 QB rating game- put in Holcomb.

If he has a decent game but we lose because of LT running for 166 yards and 3 TDs- then give him another start.

Iehoshua
11-14-2005, 10:03 PM

If he has a decent game but we lose because of LT running for 166 yards and 3 TDs- then give him another start.
...because that's what we see in the NFL today, teams flipflopping between 2 qbs, especially when trying to develop a young QB. They did it with Palmer, the Mannings, and most other young guys.. They got benched every other day, right? No? Huh? Oh, this is Buffalo, where we can reinvent the wheel... :coocoo:
:dizzy:

Dozerdog
11-14-2005, 10:09 PM
If we have a 75 yard per game QB- he needs another year on the bench.

Brooks Bollinger is better than that. How many 75 yard games is acceptable?

If he makes positive strides- keep developing- if he gets worse from game to game- like he did earlier- then sit him down.

You got to have at least triple digits in passing yards.

If I were coach- I'd leave JP in there and run the ball like pittsburgh does- and stick to 15-20 attempts at the most. If we can't beat the New Orleans of the world- get him out of there.

Meathead
11-14-2005, 10:49 PM
oh yeah, that SOUNDS all reasonable and stuff, but we know better

you're just a jp hater. and a holcomb lover. stop trying to pretend otherwise. and you're a bad fan. probably a secret fish fan. i think you should be banned.

lordofgun
11-14-2005, 11:35 PM
I'm for leaving JP in every game all year long no matter what. Then evaluate in the offseason.

And I never wanted him to be benched either.

And yes, Mikey, there were plenty of people who wanted him benched. Some still do. :coocoo:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-14-2005, 11:55 PM
I like both QB's

mchurchfie
11-15-2005, 01:27 AM
:coocoo:
Not after the way Holcomb has played...he is mediocre at best. Keep JP in no matter what.:coocoo:

The_Philster
11-15-2005, 04:47 AM
If we have a 75 yard per game QB- he needs another year on the bench.

Brooks Bollinger is better than that. How many 75 yard games is acceptable?

If he makes positive strides- keep developing- if he gets worse from game to game- like he did earlier- then sit him down.

You got to have at least triple digits in passing yards.

If I were coach- I'd leave JP in there and run the ball like pittsburgh does- and stick to 15-20 attempts at the most. If we can't beat the New Orleans of the world- get him out of there.
do you think Palmer and Manning would be where there are today had their teams played musical QBs?

justasportsfan
11-15-2005, 06:32 AM

If he has a decent game but we lose because of LT running for 166 yards and 3 TDs- then give him another start.:up: I was for the best player especially since we have have a shot at wnning the division. If wanting my team to WIN is flip flopping, I'm guilty.

justasportsfan
11-15-2005, 06:34 AM
do you think Palmer and Manning would be where there are today had their teams played musical QBs?With the way our OL was playing then , he could've turned into Carr, Couch and Rattay. Jp could've been killed. Benching him was the best thing MM did. Looks like he learned a lot from it.

Das_Bills
11-15-2005, 06:42 AM
I have a feeling that JP will shock everyone. Meaning he will start playing like a pro not a rookie.

JP in :drunks:

Holcomb out :hurt:

Enough said

THATHURMANATOR
11-15-2005, 08:07 AM
What I am saying is there are alot of people talking like JP is the next Montana, but will be talking about how he is a first round bust if he struggles next week..

HHURRICANE
11-15-2005, 08:12 AM
I'm with JP Losman for the rest of the season now. The time has come to let this kid develop and I am for sticking with him all the way thru, even if he struggles. I may get mad at him and curse at him next week, but I still think it's the right thing to do.

I'm with you. Regardless of outcomes we need to ride JP down the stretch. I hope to god that MM has the nuts to do the right thing and not pull him again. :pray:

HHURRICANE
11-15-2005, 08:18 AM
With the way our OL was playing then , he could've turned into Carr, Couch and Rattay. Jp could've been killed. Benching him was the best thing MM did. Looks like he learned a lot from it.

Nobody can make that staement. How do you know that by not leaving him in the last 4 games he doesn't beat NE on Sunday night. Maybe he avoids the blind side sack/fumble and we win. Nobody develops on the bench. PERIOD.

I better not see you posting after Sunday (win or lose) that you want to see Holcomb back in there. He had his chance and if he had stayed in we would have lost this past weekend.

gr8slayer
11-15-2005, 08:46 AM
Doesnt look like the better QB will be starting this week.
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20051115/1004654.asp

HHURRICANE
11-15-2005, 08:55 AM
Doesnt look like the better QB will be starting this week.
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20051115/1004654.asp

I saw that and just posted a thread about it. MM and the whole organization is nuts if they are actually considering starting Holcomb. The kid plays well and... we put him back on the bench. Yeah, that will help JP's confidence and development!!

justasportsfan
11-15-2005, 09:02 AM
Nobody can make that staement. How do you know that by not leaving him in the last 4 games he doesn't beat NE on Sunday night. Maybe he avoids the blind side sack/fumble and we win. Nobody develops on the bench. PERIOD..
Wait you can play if's and I can't? Yeah right. While people can say he could've been an Eli, he could've been a Carr with the way he was getting sacked.

Nobody develops on the bench? Did you watch the game?He sure learned by watching KH. Jp was cool and composed in the pocket when he threw those 2 int's. Before last Sunday, he would panic like Drew or take off like Flutie. Read my posts. He started throwing to other wr's and not just Reed. Why is that? Because he saw KH do it. Hellooooo!!!! and Please explain how Brady won his 1st sb coming off the bench. I believe he didnt play a down until he came in for Drew. Same goes w/ Ben.

I better not see you posting after Sunday (win or lose) that you want to see Holcomb back in there. He had his chance and if he had stayed in we would have lost this past weekend I want the best player in there who goves us a better shot at winning the division. By the way, I also need the lotto numbers stat since you are acting like Nostradamus.

It's people like you who want to create such labels like Holcombites just because we want to win. I never hated Jp, I always liked him and still do. If he's the best qb that can help us win the division, I'm all for it.

Some of you just don't get it. I want THE bills to win. Why is that a bad thing?

mysticsoto
11-15-2005, 09:20 AM
Some of you just don't get it. I want THE bills to win. Why is that a bad thing?

I think some people feel (myself included) that delaying JP's playing time may affect our winning chances next year. So while... I think we all want to win, do we win a few, lose a few this year and suck and be mediocre next year (with another question as to who the starting QB should be)? Or do we perhaps win a few, lose a few (due to inexperience?) and be a powerhouse, great team next year? Yes, there are no guarantees either way, but JP will never be great sitting on the bench. And he will never have more experience than Holcomb by sitting on the bench. Considering the mediocrity and boneheaded plays that we have seen from KH in the last few games, I think it should be a no-brainer now to put JP in and have him remain the starting QB.

justasportsfan
11-15-2005, 09:33 AM
I think some people feel (myself included) that delaying JP's playing time may affect our winning chances next year. So while... I think we all want to win, do we win a few, lose a few this year and suck and be mediocre next year (with another question as to who the starting QB should be)? Or do we perhaps win a few, lose a few (due to inexperience?) and be a powerhouse, great team next year? Yes, there are no guarantees either way, but JP will never be great sitting on the bench. And he will never have more experience than Holcomb by sitting on the bench. Considering the mediocrity and boneheaded plays that we have seen from KH in the last few games, I think it should be a no-brainer now to put JP in and have him remain the starting QB.
you guys are already looking into next year when we are very much in the fight for the division. Are we gonna throw that away? What if JP turns out to be a bust? We just threw away the only chance we ever got. Did you guys learn from Rob Johnson? Who knows how far this team could've gone if we didn't start that bum against the titans. Now we're playing coulda, woulda, shoulda with that season. Could we have gone all the way to the sb? We'll never know now will we. Because of it, we're still one of the biggest chokers of the NFL with no sb ring.

Since then the Pats and bucs beat us to a sb. Maybe we should wait for the Cards and Bengals. That way we the bills will be the perenial losing franchise in NFL history.

You guys forget, we're the only team in the AFCE to have never seen a playoff this century.

If JP is the better qb now by all means, start him. I don't have a problem with that. It's the homers ehre that are trying to turn this into a KH vs. JP thing. NO, it's the bills W that I want.

Meathead
11-15-2005, 10:01 AM
I want the best player in there who goves us a better shot at winning the division. It's people like you who want to create such labels like Holcombites just because we want to win. I never hated Jp, I always liked him and still do. If he's the best qb that can help us win the division, I'm all for it.

Holcomb homer

you guys are already looking into next year when we are very much in the fight for the division. Are we gonna throw that away? What if JP turns out to be a bust? We just threw away the only chance we ever got. Did you guys learn from Rob Johnson?
bad fan

(sarcasm)

Das_Bills
11-15-2005, 10:06 AM
Leave JP in he deserves it. He has shown he wants to play and improve.

Steve

Billzz
11-15-2005, 03:30 PM
do you think Palmer and Manning would be where there are today had their teams played musical QBs?

Their coach wasn't trying to protect his job at the time. Ours is, period.

relentless
11-15-2005, 04:11 PM
it is the nfl.....it is about what have you done for me lately.....

Jan Reimers
11-15-2005, 04:21 PM
I don't understand how anyone thinks Holcomb gives us a better chance to win - even NOW, let alone the future. He is incredibly slow, fumble-prone and weak-armed. Yes, he is a veteran who doesn't rattle easily, but he doesn't really make plays, either.

Losman has so much more talent, and so much more attitude, that it would be a shame if he doesn't start Sunday. It would be an even bigger shame, if he does play, to criticize a kid who simply needs game experience to become a fine - and perhaps great - NFL quarterback.

chernobylwraiths
11-15-2005, 05:31 PM
What I am saying is there are alot of people talking like JP is the next Montana, but will be talking about how he is a first round bust if he struggles next week..

No denying that. I wish more fans were a little more level headed about all of this.

JP has a bunch of talent and we need to see if he can develop it. Why is it that having him develop automatically means we are giving up? I think we can still win even when he isn't playing well.

I think the only thing he learned being benched is making the most of his opportunity. Maybe he won't be so hesitant to throw it now and try to make plays.

BAM
11-15-2005, 05:39 PM

Those would be people supporting the BILLS qb, no matter who it is.

mysticsoto
11-15-2005, 07:46 PM
you guys are already looking into next year when we are very much in the fight for the division. Are we gonna throw that away? What if JP turns out to be a bust? We just threw away the only chance we ever got. Did you guys learn from Rob Johnson? Who knows how far this team could've gone if we didn't start that bum against the titans. Now we're playing coulda, woulda, shoulda with that season. Could we have gone all the way to the sb? We'll never know now will we. Because of it, we're still one of the biggest chokers of the NFL with no sb ring.

Since then the Pats and bucs beat us to a sb. Maybe we should wait for the Cards and Bengals. That way we the bills will be the perenial losing franchise in NFL history.

You guys forget, we're the only team in the AFCE to have never seen a playoff this century.

If JP is the better qb now by all means, start him. I don't have a problem with that. It's the homers ehre that are trying to turn this into a KH vs. JP thing. NO, it's the bills W that I want.

And that's just what some of us believe. That despite his inexperience, he is the better qb. Holcomb has shown he is a very capable backup qb - very much like dough boy was. But though we loved to have Van Pelt and didn't want him to go anywhere...we knew he would always be a backup. That's how some of us feel about KH.

justasportsfan
11-16-2005, 10:22 AM
And that's just what some of us believe. That despite his inexperience, he is the better qb. Holcomb has shown he is a very capable backup qb - very much like dough boy was. But though we loved to have Van Pelt and didn't want him to go anywhere...we knew he would always be a backup. That's how some of us feel about KH.up until the chiefs game, JP was not the better qb. If this is the case now, then I am all for JP. Like I said before, if we put Jp in we play to win and keep our contention alive not for the simple reason of developing him.