PDA

View Full Version : How quickly ye forgets

Pride
11-14-2005, 07:14 PM
I think it is funny that after 1 game, all of you JP lovers (I like him too, but not to the degree some of you do) all think he is the savior again.

How quickly you all forget how great he looked in week 1 and then stunk up the joint his next 3 games. How quickly you all forget that the Chiefs didnt have time to game plan for him. How quickly you forget that it was the 31st ranked pass defense he "shredded"

You guys are ridiculous! How about taking off the fantasy glasses and look at this game for what it was... a game where a backup QB came in, threw 2 good passes against a HORRIBLE secondary, and won the game.

I give more credit to our defense than to JP for this win. Sure, he looked better than in his last 3 starts... but I am not ready to annoint him to the HoF like some of you seem to!

ublinkwescore
11-14-2005, 07:45 PM
I still expect him to struggle, but like Linda Cohn said on the Blitz yesterday - we aren't going to win the superbowl this year so we might as well play him so that we'll be better off next year.

And for the love of god, will TD PLEASE get McNally some talent on our O line so JP can actually feel a little more comfortable in the pocket for longer periods of time.

The defense will still work next year with out having to be addressed too much in the draft. And all our skill positions have great depth - the trenches are the only place I want to see TD draft - no recievers, no RBs, no LBers, no Safeties or CBs - Linemen and nothing but.

X-Era
11-14-2005, 07:53 PM
I think it is funny that after 1 game, all of you JP lovers (I like him too, but not to the degree some of you do) all think he is the savior again.

How quickly you all forget how great he looked in week 1 and then stunk up the joint his next 3 games. How quickly you all forget that the Chiefs didnt have time to game plan for him. How quickly you forget that it was the 31st ranked pass defense he "shredded"

You guys are ridiculous! How about taking off the fantasy glasses and look at this game for what it was... a game where a backup QB came in, threw 2 good passes against a HORRIBLE secondary, and won the game.

I give more credit to our defense than to JP for this win. Sure, he looked better than in his last 3 starts... but I am not ready to annoint him to the HoF like some of you seem to!

I think what were seeing is what we should want to see as fans. Thats people getting excited again about our QB. KH did his job. But I cant honestly think of too many people saying, "did you see that play by Holcomb"? or "man, Ithink KH will light up the ____". Jp is an unknown and it gives people excitement because it could go either way.

Personally, I think we are in about the same boat with either. And, although I am hopeful for more, I dont expect much from the team this year. But yeah, Id enjoy watching our prospect and young gun JP on the field a hell of alot more than Holcomb.

JP a HOF'er? I never said that. The guy hasnt even thrown for 300 yards yet in a game. Baby steps first. But yeah, im excited to see him do it, IF he does it. And I like our chances alot more with a guy who can hurt you with his arm AND his legs, especially with our o-line.

Meathead
11-14-2005, 08:32 PM
just admit it, pride

you want to wear holcombs jockstrap on your head

its the only logical explanation

Iehoshua
11-14-2005, 08:39 PM
just admit it, pride
you want to wear holcombs jockstrap on your head
its the only logical explanation
Pride wouldn't want to steal your job, now...
;)

Seriously, I'm in JPs camp and have been. Whether or not he is a savior is yet to be known, I just want to FIND OUT DAMMIT. We won't know if he's sitting on his hinnie watching 9-year backup man play...

DynaPaul
11-14-2005, 08:49 PM

I don't think anyone really thinks he's the savior but almost everyone agrees that the kid is going to have to play so we can find out if he's the future or not. Sure, he had 2 awesome passes against a terrible pass defense but what did Holcomb do for the almost 2 quarters that he was in there? Nothing, and he's supposed to be the steady veteran that is supposed to be able to open up our passing game more with his knowledge of the game. He didn't do that at all... not even a glimpse. Another reason why people are high on his performance during the game is because of what he showed yesterday versus what he previously showed against another terrible defense: the Houston Texans. JP didn't do a whole hell of a lot against them but in this game he at least exploited the Chiefs weakness and bombed 2 beauties for touchdowns. You have to hand it to the kid, he came off the bench and led us to 2 nice scores that sealed the victory. If he can show more of what he did on Sunday then we may have a winner but we won't know unless Mularkey continues to play him. Realistically, JP's not gonna light up the league this season and will have to take his lumps but he's not going to do that from the bench. At least with yesterday's game we have a taste of what COULD be.