PDA

View Full Version : TO ends up in...

DaBills
11-15-2005, 05:47 PM
Curious as to what people think. Last night Mortenson was breaking down possible teams for TO to go to and he thinks Denver is very likely. I doubt it. I think Friday they rule his four game suspension is too much, reduce it to two max, Eagles buy him out and he ends up in... Green Bay. Jerry Jones said he wouldn't mind him in Dallas, but how could TO get along with any other high-profile WR? I don't see it.

The_Philster
11-15-2005, 06:07 PM
Hell? :idunno:

BAM
11-15-2005, 06:15 PM
I saw that. Buffalo was one of the first to be eliminated on his space invaders type graphic.

SabreEleven
11-15-2005, 06:22 PM
I knew it wasn't going to happen when Buffalo was on the bottom row.

DynaPaul
11-15-2005, 06:49 PM
Why would Dallas need him when they have Keyshawn Johnson, Peerless Price, and Terry Glenn? If any other team in that division made a pitch for him it'd most likely be the Redskins with Snyder's deep pockets and penchant for signing big name free agents. You can rule out New England, Buffalo, Baltimore, Indianapolis, San Francisco, Arizona, and any bottom feeder teams not making the playoffs. Denver is a possibility. So are Chicago, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, and Seattle. Green Bay just might be desperate enough to sign him even though their playoff hopes are about done and they fit the bottom feeder profile so it's doubtful T.O. would want to go there.

If I had to pick one team out of the bunch I'd say Atlanta is the spot.

slakjaw157
11-15-2005, 06:55 PM
Jail

Lexwhat
11-15-2005, 07:45 PM
Why would Dallas need him when they have Keyshawn Johnson, Peerless Price, and Terry Glenn? If any other team in that division made a pitch for him it'd most likely be the Redskins with Snyder's deep pockets and penchant for signing big name free agents. You can rule out New England, Buffalo, Baltimore, Indianapolis, San Francisco, Arizona, and any bottom feeder teams not making the playoffs. Denver is a possibility. So are Chicago, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, and Seattle. Green Bay just might be desperate enough to sign him even though their playoff hopes are about done and they fit the bottom feeder profile so it's doubtful T.O. would want to go there.

If I had to pick one team out of the bunch I'd say Atlanta is the spot.

I would think TO is better than any of those receivers. Plus, I'm sure they want Bledsoe to look even better. I could see TO going to Dallas if they have enough cap space/money to sign him. That would make the Cowboys a legitimate threat for the NFC title...And if I remmeber correctly, Keyshawn Johnson is TO's close friend. Michael Irvin is another of TO's close friends. He might lobby the Cowboys to sign him. Surely Bill Parcells would be able to handle TO.

Teams I could IMAGINE TO going to (Doesnt mean he will go to them):
Atlanta (Atlanta doesn't have any great receivers. I Think Vick would be able to keep TO in line. However, isn't their offensive coordinator the same that TO lashed out at? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. But either way, I doubt either Atlanta's owner or GM would take him.)
Dallas Cowboys (See Above)
NY Giants (Tom Coughlin can handle TO as well. I'm surprised no one mentioned the Giants.)
Wash. Redskins / Chicago Bears / Seattle Seahawks / KC Chiefs (But I doubt any of these head coaches would want TO)
Miami Dolphins (I could see this one happening. They need a WR opposite Chambers. Saban could handle TO. If he brought Ricky and David Boston in, why not TO?)
Pittsburg Steelers (Bill Cowher could definetly handle him. I would hate to see him come here).
Denver Broncos (They need a real WR, another definite possibility).
SD Chargers (That offense would then feature the league's best WR [at least top 3], the league's best RB, and the league's best TE. Scary!)
Oakland Raiders (Doubt they have enough money).
Jacksonville Jaguars (I'm not sure either way about this one).

IMO, strongest possibilities:
Dallas, NY Giants, Miami Dolphins, Denver Broncos, SD Chargers.

honey
11-15-2005, 08:45 PM
I would think Mike Shannahan would be too smart to get him. Why does Denver need him? They're doing pretty good right now. :idunno:

I pick SD. :D

TacklingDummy
11-15-2005, 09:11 PM
TO to Buffalo!!!

Iehoshua
11-15-2005, 09:13 PM
TO to Buffalo!!!
:hail:

TacklingDummy and I disagree on pretty much everything else except this! :rofl:

helmetguy
11-15-2005, 09:29 PM
It's possible that the arbitrator will reduce the suspension. That still does not mean that Philly has to play him. The trade deadline has passed,his salary has counted toward the cap. There's no way an arbitrator can make Philly actually play him. Cutting him now would be even more stupid than holding onto the jive ass until he season is over. If he goes anywhere between now and SB Sunday, it'll be probably home to count the free money he got and HOPE Roseydick can swing a deal. Philly ain't gonna let him go for nuthin'. Just my observation.

chernobylwraiths
11-15-2005, 09:34 PM
I think Miami would be a good place. Then he could destroy the Phins.

Why in God's name would anyone want that guy here? We already had one receiver (who usually keeps him mouth shut) cry about not getting the ball. Why would he all of a sudden shut his mouth if he came here? You think a blue collar town of many unemployed people are gonna want to have a WR that constantly complains about wanting a new contract?

TacklingDummy
11-15-2005, 10:00 PM
:hail:
TacklingDummy and I disagree on pretty much everything else except this! :rofl:

We also both agree on JP starting. He should start and TO should come to Buffalo.

MTBillsFan
11-15-2005, 10:57 PM
Let him play in Canada before we bring that cry baby to Buffalo or anywhere else in the NFL. Hell, let him go to the NBA, he'll fit better there crying about how much money he isn't making... 7million per year CRY! F you TO!

GO BILLS!

Mr. Cynical
11-15-2005, 11:58 PM
It's possible that the arbitrator will reduce the suspension. That still does not mean that Philly has to play him. The trade deadline has passed,his salary has counted toward the cap. There's no way an arbitrator can make Philly actually play him. Cutting him now would be even more stupid than holding onto the jive ass until he season is over. If he goes anywhere between now and SB Sunday, it'll be probably home to count the free money he got and HOPE Roseydick can swing a deal. Philly ain't gonna let him go for nuthin'. Just my observation.

Good points...I agree.

I would laugh my ass off if he gets traded to some basement dweller and finishes his career never making the playoffs again.

Devin
11-16-2005, 12:49 AM
I hope he stays in the NFC.

Michael82
11-16-2005, 11:45 AM
I hope he gets black listed, but I think he'll be in Denver next year. :ill:

Jan Reimers
11-16-2005, 12:26 PM
Ron Mexico-Land. They deserve each other.

footballhottie
11-16-2005, 12:30 PM
i want him here sooooooooo bad

OpIv37
11-16-2005, 12:41 PM
i want him here sooooooooo bad

I want him as far away as possible. The guy is straight-up poison. We already have chemistry problems with Moulds opening his big mouth and *****ing about Holcomb, plus McGahee is already represented by Rosenass- bringing TO here won't help us win and it will get us the wrong kind of media attention.

Michael82
11-16-2005, 12:49 PM
I want him as far away as possible. The guy is straight-up poison. We already have chemistry problems with Moulds opening his big mouth and *****ing about Holcomb, plus McGahee is already represented by Rosenass- bringing TO here won't help us win and it will get us the wrong kind of media attention.
:bf1: :posrep:

Jan Reimers
11-16-2005, 12:53 PM
So true. I think TO, who's a pretty decent basketball player, should go to the NBA, where half the players act like him.

footballhottie
11-16-2005, 12:55 PM
i guess every one forgot abotu shock therepy. mike tyson had a babysitter to make sure he didnt do anything bad...why cant TO

OpIv37
11-16-2005, 12:58 PM
because the bad stuff TO does is all attitude related- no one can control what he says on the field or in practice or to the media.

He's out for himself and he's only going to help a team win insomuch as he can help himself in the process.

footballhottie
11-16-2005, 01:02 PM
he should lose money everytime he says something dumb...his ****ing teammates should not have been such god damn pussys and just hit him once in a while.............everyone is ****ing forgetting how good this guy is.

Michael82
11-16-2005, 01:03 PM
he should lose money everytime he says something dumb...his ****ing teammates should not have been such god damn pussys and just hit him once in a while.............everyone is ****ing forgetting how good this guy is.
he would be broke before midseason. :lmao:

justasportsfan
11-16-2005, 01:09 PM
If Moulds is still here, we don't need him.

OpIv37
11-16-2005, 01:25 PM

how good he is doesn't matter- he's a distraction. He takes away from game planning and preparation with his antics, he doesn't block downfield when the play's not going to him, etc.

Football isn't basketball. One player can't take over a game and dominate. the team needs to work together as a whole to be successful, and no team with TO will ever be able to do that.

Throne Logic
11-16-2005, 02:19 PM

This I can agree with. Philly should have been fining the living crap out of him for each and every offense he committed. Instead, they let it fester on and on until it was well beyond anything Philly could control. And it certainly would not have hurt if an LB or two delivered a message to TO on the practice field, "shut yo damn mouth!"

Still don't think it's worth the risk to bring him to Buffalo. I mean, just look what it's done to Philly this year. You want to risk that happening in Buffalo? One way ticket toward becoming the LA Bills.

The_Philster
11-16-2005, 08:46 PM
how good he is when he wants to be, that is...he's worse than Moss in that respect. Sure he doesn't admit to taking plays off, he gets himself into trouble enough that he takes games off
:lolpoint: TO
:monkeyp: TO

finsrclowns
11-16-2005, 08:50 PM
I just can't see the Eagles cutting him and taking the risk he goes to a division rival. This thing got boring a long time ago but I admit it would be funny if the Eagles refuse to cut him and he's showing up every day to practice. If he does get cut I can see Denver picking him up. Mike Shanahan is a risk taker and he thinks he has a chance to win this year.