PDA

View Full Version : Bills' head coach is full of Mularkey

MikeInRoch
11-16-2005, 10:34 AM
It seems to me that Mularkey is afraid that Losman will prove that he had a poor gameplan in the beginning of the season. This team would have been a lot better off if Losman could have taken chances back in September.

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/buffalo-bills-mularkey161105.php

Jan Reimers
11-16-2005, 11:44 AM
An absolute great read which supports what many of us have been saying for weeks.

Devin
11-16-2005, 11:46 AM
:bf1:

hydro
11-16-2005, 12:04 PM
Now if only Mularkey could read that, maybe these charades will end.

The Outsider
11-16-2005, 12:16 PM
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/buffalo-bills-mularkey161105.php

The outsider thinks this bum is full of more than just mularkey. Stop dancing on Donahoes strings and do your own thing playboy!

justasportsfan
11-16-2005, 01:02 PM
By not saying who the qb is, who does it hurt? the fans? media?

BILLS#1
11-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Mularkey should read this article and get with it. Maybe he's illiterate.

G. Host
11-16-2005, 08:39 PM

It "hurts" the fans who NEED to know who starter is. I'd rather a coach came out and say "You want to know - too bad. Claim to be a fan? Then support the entire team not just support if your favorite is playing?"

ParanoidAndroid
11-17-2005, 05:44 AM
Yeah....I don't think it matters either way when he announces to the media who his starter is. I don't think it was a mistake sitting Losman after he struggled badly 3 straight games, but it would be a mistake to not start him this week. He was given the job before. This time, he earned it!

X-Era
11-17-2005, 07:27 AM
The outsider thinks this bum is full of more than just mularkey. Stop dancing on Donahoes strings and do your own thing playboy!

I seriously dont think its TD thats against starting JP, I think its MM. I think he is dumb enough to think KH is actually buying him something right now. He was quick to whip out the stats at the PC, where was the stat about where our passing O ranks vs. the rest of the league?

A painfully below average passing O on ice should have noticed the "spark" that happened when we had a guy who could scramble away and gain yards from the pass rush and throw 2 long TD's, something we havent done all year.

Add in the fact that we are headed against the 30th ranked passing D in SD, and the 1st ranked rushing D and we would seem to want to start a guy who has the hot hand. If your forced not to run the ball, you better be able to throw it. KH can do that short, but he isnt getting the points we need, JP just did!

I swear, I will lose any faith I have in MM if he picks Holcomb to start this week. That will be the nail in the coffin as far as I am concerned. To start a guy who is ranked 30th in passing O, has no upside, cant get out of a pass rush, and isnt throwing for TD's, over a guy who just did all of that and is your future? That will be it.

Mr. Cynical
11-17-2005, 10:07 AM
Not naming a starting quarterback is not going to earn you victories; it will alienate your team's fans and make you into a league-wide joke.

:10:

When Holcomb started, he was 2-2 but clearly demonstrated why he has been a backup in this league for a decade. Holcomb simply doesn't have what it takes to be a special NFL quarterback. Losman has far greater arm strength and far greater mobility than Holcomb.

Many of us have been saying this since day one.

Buffalo's biggest mistake was trying to make him into a game manager. Losman is more of a gunslinger like Brett Favre. He'll run around out there and make some great plays and a couple other ones that make you want to pull the hair out of your head. Hey, if it has worked for Favre, why not let Losman try?

:bf1:

Great analysis.

It seems to me that Mularkey is afraid that Losman will prove that he had a poor gameplan in the beginning of the season. This team would have been a lot better off if Losman could have taken chances back in September.

Preachin' to the choir. :up:

Billzz
11-17-2005, 10:11 AM
Great article and I never really associated Losman's style (well cause he really hasn't ***** played) to Farve but I guess they are alike. We shall see if the ups out weigh the downs.

HHURRICANE
11-17-2005, 10:26 AM
Add in the fact that we are headed against the 30th ranked passing D in SD, and the 1st ranked rushing D and we would seem to want to start a guy who has the hot hand. If your forced not to run the ball, you better be able to throw it. KH can do that short, but he isnt getting the points we need, JP just did!

I swear, I will lose any faith I have in MM if he picks Holcomb to start this week. That will be the nail in the coffin as far as I am concerned. To start a guy who is ranked 30th in passing O, has no upside, cant get out of a pass rush, and isnt throwing for TD's, over a guy who just did all of that and is your future? That will be it.

You make two excellent points. First, Holcomb may have a slight advantage when you can pound the ball and all you need is possession passing. But when you can't run, especially against San Diego's D which is ranked first against the run, than you need someone who has arm strength and can throw the ball deep. Second, why not start Losman? This is a perfect scenario for him where the secondary is suspect (30th) and may think a "Rookie" QB isn't a concern.

HHURRICANE
11-17-2005, 10:27 AM

Is this question rhetorical or do you want an answer?

justasportsfan
11-17-2005, 01:47 PM
Is this question rhetorical or do you want an answer?if it's posted ,you can respond to it :up:

HHURRICANE
11-17-2005, 02:50 PM

If you are confident in your coaching decisions and team than I think you come right out and say my starter is JP, Kelly, etc. I think Mularkey doesn't want to say anything because it leaves him with less scrutiny during the week. Plus he can say it was a game time decision and leaves him an out. I am disappointed in MM. I was pretty high on this guy and its almost like he has regressed.

To answer your question it hurts everybody except the coach.