PDA

View Full Version : What is the matter with TD??

Kerr
11-16-2005, 12:16 PM
We are midway through the season and TD still hasn't attempted to make an effort to sign a big run stuffing defensive tackle off the streets for the short term. How in the world does he expect this team to make the playoffs with such poor run defense ranked at the bottom of the league? There's an aging , yet solid 6-3 310lb run stuffer called Norman Hand, who's probably waiting by his phone for some team to sign him. It would be nice of TD to at least publicly say he's attempted to make an upgrade to our D-line. Who? That Jefferson castoff from the eagles? Imagine if we had Adams and Hand lined up together. We would no longer be at the bottom of the league, i'll tell you that much. Aren't you tired of having to depend on guys like Anderson and Bannan, who have proven to be better pass rushers than run stuffers?? I'm waiting on TD. I can't stand seeing us get run over by every team because our run defense is so weak. We are facing San Diego this week. It would be a shocker if they didn't allow LT to rush over 100 yds. Until then, i'll wait what TD has to say in his post game comments about why opponents keep beating us on the ground. Regardless of the outcome of this season, our #1 priority in the next draft is to pick up the biggest run stuffing mother' in the draft.

Jan Reimers
11-16-2005, 01:09 PM
Other than being a narcissistic megalomaniac with delusions of grandeur?

justasportsfan
11-16-2005, 01:28 PM
Some people here shouldn't complain, I think he's trying to DEVELOP Tim Anderson :roflmao:

OpIv37
11-16-2005, 01:29 PM
. Regardless of the outcome of this season, our #1 priority in the next draft is to pick up the biggest run stuffing mother' in the draft.

which means yet another year of the O-line being neglected in the off-season.

Kerr you make a good point, but if TD was worried, he would have done something about it by now. It's definitely not gonna happen for the SD game- there's no way some new aquisition could learn the D in time to play. I suppose they could sign someone like Hand to use in a situational basis before SD though.

pintonick96
11-16-2005, 02:29 PM
Norman Hand is garbage, there's a reason he's unsigned.

Cletidius Hunt is the only player who should be signed but he's injured and cant play this year.

JJamezz
11-16-2005, 02:33 PM
. Regardless of the outcome of this season, our #1 priority in the next draft is to pick up the biggest run stuffing mother' in the draft.

That makes too much sense... In TD World, Nate doesn't get resigned, and we spend the first rounder on another CB, thus avoiding addressing BOTH lines.

If we could get TD outta here, or at least out of the GM position, and pay some attention to the O and D lines, we are a few good players away from a SOLID football team.

OpIv37
11-16-2005, 02:37 PM

Cletidius Hunt is the only player who should be signed but he's injured and cant play this year.

garbage is a relative term. He's a better run stuffer than anyone on our roster except Adams.

Lexwhat
11-16-2005, 04:52 PM
We are midway through the season and TD still hasn't attempted to make an effort to sign a big run stuffing defensive tackle off the streets for the short term. How in the world does he expect this team to make the playoffs with such poor run defense ranked at the bottom of the league? There's an aging , yet solid 6-3 310lb run stuffer called Norman Hand, who's probably waiting by his phone for some team to sign him. It would be nice of TD to at least publicly say he's attempted to make an upgrade to our D-line. Who? That Jefferson castoff from the eagles? Imagine if we had Adams and Hand lined up together. We would no longer be at the bottom of the league, i'll tell you that much. Aren't you tired of having to depend on guys like Anderson and Bannan, who have proven to be better pass rushers than run stuffers?? I'm waiting on TD. I can't stand seeing us get run over by every team because our run defense is so weak. We are facing San Diego this week. It would be a shocker if they didn't allow LT to rush over 100 yds. Until then, i'll wait what TD has to say in his post game comments about why opponents keep beating us on the ground. Regardless of the outcome of this season, our #1 priority in the next draft is to pick up the biggest run stuffing mother' in the draft.

Actually, I thought that Jefferson dude played pretty well against the Chiefs. With that being said, I think you are being generous about our defense. I think it would be a shocker if he didn't have at least 125 yards (and 2 TDs) on the ground.

But yea, I doubt he would sign someone at this point if he hasent already. Pretty sad huh? We should all be so lucky to be surprised to hear that he signed someone.

capitolneal
11-16-2005, 04:59 PM
If they aren't signed yet there is a reason I heard the Romeo say this week if they are on the street by the time they learned the system it would be worse than just going with what u have got....

Kerr
11-16-2005, 05:03 PM
which means yet another year of the O-line being neglected in the off-season.

Kerr you make a good point, but if TD was worried, he would have done something about it by now. It's definitely not gonna happen for the SD game- there's no way some new aquisition could learn the D in time to play. I suppose they could sign someone like Hand to use in a situational basis before SD though.

I don't think the O-line has to be neglected in the next draft. I find it far more imperative for our defense to be able to stuff the run though. O-line can be addressed in round 2 and all the way through. TD has yet to pick a defensive lineman with his first pick since he's been here. Who knows, he might strike gold. It is imperative we get the best run stuffer we can get especially if Sam Adams is gone next season. I don't know the cap situation that well, but Adams has been in the doghouse lately. I wouldn't be surprised if he was gone after this season. TD won't sign anyone this week, but this week after another run defense fiasco, I will be waiting to see once again what TD has to say about why our run defense is so bad.

Kerr
11-16-2005, 05:07 PM

I could not disagree more. Hand has always been a solid run stuffer. Last season with the Giants he was injured for most of the season becuase he had a bad groin injury. He was released by the Giants because they needed the cap space and he was aging.

Kerr
11-16-2005, 05:10 PM
If they aren't signed yet there is a reason I heard the Romeo say this week if they are on the street by the time they learned the system it would be worse than just going with what u have got....

Be that as it may be, it's a lot better than just sitting back and letting every nfl team running for 100+ yds on us in every game, week after week. I would commend TD at least for making a valiant effort.

pintonick96
11-16-2005, 05:26 PM
garbage is a relative term. He's a better run stuffer than anyone on our roster except Adams.

Adams isnt a run stuffer, he shoots the gap.

OpIv37
11-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Adams isnt a run stuffer, he shoots the gap.

then we have a D line with NO run stuffers. What's your objection to Hand again?

paladin warrior
11-16-2005, 10:45 PM
TD used to much :monkeyp: and he is :fogey:

Griz78
11-17-2005, 08:08 AM
I agree with the lack of another DT, always have. That is our problem. I will say I thought Jefferson played pretty well, seemed like when he was in the game, good things happened.

Mr. Cynical
11-17-2005, 10:02 AM
What is the matter with TD??

He is an egotistical accountant with no football sense.

Kerr
11-17-2005, 11:33 AM
I don't mean to knock on that jefferson kid because I did hear his name get called a few times, but right now, he's not enough to help us from giving up big plays on the ground.

PromoTheRobot
11-17-2005, 01:24 PM
So what you are saying is that you know NFL personnel better than 32 current NFL GM's? It's hard to imagine anyone any good is just stiiting by their phone waiting for a call. There isn't much you can do at this point but play the hand you're dealt.

PTR

Kerr
11-17-2005, 02:59 PM
So what you are saying is that you know NFL personnel better than 32 current NFL GM's? It's hard to imagine anyone any good is just stiiting by their phone waiting for a call. There isn't much you can do at this point but play the hand you're dealt.

PTR

I never said that, but if you're telling me the fans don't know a thing or two better than TD since his tenure here than you haven't been around much. TD is a stubborn sob. Everyone knows that. He'd have to give up on his pride by admitting letting go of pat williams was a grave mistake.

Mr. Cynical
11-17-2005, 03:02 PM
He'd have to give up on his pride by admitting letting go of pat williams was a grave mistake.

...and many other mistakes he has yet to admit to.

BillsFever21
11-17-2005, 04:09 PM
A lot of teams need a good DT. There's a reason why anyone on the market for DT is still not signed by any team.