PDA

View Full Version : Things get worse for Miami

RedEyE
11-16-2005, 05:19 PM
Frerotte questionable against Cleveland. He apparently has a sprain finger on his throwing hand.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/MIA/9046814

FinNasty23
11-16-2005, 05:31 PM
Worse?? nothing is worse than Gus... nothing...

If anything, having Sage in there might make our OC actually run the ball instead of airing it out... And with Ronnie & Ricky, that is a great thing...

Nasty

RedEyE
11-16-2005, 06:07 PM
You're right. I'll rephrase.

"Things get better for the rest of the AFCE as the fins best option at QB is grounded to injury."

There. I feel better.

Mitchy moo
11-16-2005, 07:16 PM
You're right. I'll rephrase.

"Things get better for the rest of the AFCE as the fins best option at QB is grounded to injury."

There. I feel better.

It should say they get better for the bills, the rest of the AFCE can get lost.

ParanoidAndroid
11-16-2005, 07:32 PM
Worse?? nothing is worse than Gus... nothing...

If anything, having Sage in there might make our OC actually run the ball instead of airing it out... And with Ronnie & Ricky, that is a great thing...

Nasty

Ronnie and Ricky averaged 3.3 ypc against the Patriots while Gus threw for 360 yards.
Yeah. It was because Gus did a good job picking NE's DB's apart that you guys lost. :rolleyes:

jmb1099
11-16-2005, 10:47 PM
All kidding aside, I watched the end of the last fins game and I really think that had they tried to run they would have scored. They needed better playcalling in the red zone imho.

Devin
11-16-2005, 10:50 PM
Saban round 2.

Same as the first time.

Wonder what college hes headed to after Miami.

FinNasty23
11-17-2005, 03:20 AM
Ronnie and Ricky averaged 3.3 ypc against the Patriots while Gus threw for 360 yards.
Yeah. It was because Gus did a good job picking NE's DB's apart that you guys lost. :rolleyes:

bro... he threw 50 times vs. one of the worst secondaries in the league... of course his stats were inflated...

Oh, and Ricky got shut down, but Ronnie was rolling. Ronnie averaged 4.6 ypc... Ricky averaged a pathetic 1.2 ypc. We should have feed the ball more to Ronnie because Ricky was clearly strugglin...

We should have thrown alot against the Pats, thats their weakness, but when your down 7 and it is 1st and goal from the 5 yard line, and you throw all 4 downs... that is rediculous. we threw it 4 straight times without pounding Ronnie once... http://images.finheaven.com/forums/smilies/brickwall.gif

Our OC has been putting the ball in the hands of Gus late in the game... Gus lost it when within the 10 line to lose to the Falcons, and Gus lost the game when at the 5 vs. the Pats. In those situations, we should slam it in there with one of our best players...

FinNasty23
11-17-2005, 03:22 AM
All kidding aside, I watched the end of the last fins game and I really think that had they tried to run they would have scored. They needed better playcalling in the red zone imho.

exactly...

ParanoidAndroid
11-17-2005, 04:28 AM
bro... he threw 50 times vs. one of the worst secondaries in the league... of course his stats were inflated...

Oh, and Ricky got shut down, but Ronnie was rolling. Ronnie averaged 4.6 ypc... Ricky averaged a pathetic 1.2 ypc. We should have feed the ball more to Ronnie because Ricky was clearly strugglin...

We should have thrown alot against the Pats, thats their weakness, but when your down 7 and it is 1st and goal from the 5 yard line, and you throw all 4 downs... that is rediculous. we threw it 4 straight times without pounding Ronnie once... http://images.finheaven.com/forums/smilies/brickwall.gif

Our OC has been putting the ball in the hands of Gus late in the game... Gus lost it when within the 10 line to lose to the Falcons, and Gus lost the game when at the 5 vs. the Pats. In those situations, we should slam it in there with one of our best players...

Yeah. I absolutely agree about the goal line series. I came on here after the game and wragged on Saban for allowing two fade routes to be called to the same corner, where the sun was clearly interfering with the receivers. The advantage of the receivers is being able to see the ball in the air before the DB's do, allowing them to make a play. On that fade route, which is one of my least favorite plays anyway, without that advantage, they are more likely to fail. I would have pounded it too.
As far as the whole game goes, I admit I didn't see very much, but you guys did exploit NE's weakness.
When two RB are getting equal carries, sometimes one of them gets a couple of big holes opened up and the other doesn't. I think the running game was up and down but ronnie happened to have a couple of longer carries (13 and 16 yds) in the same series. Up until then and from then on, the two had low averages. Ronnie got a couple good holes opened up. Looking at the play-by-play, NE was stuffing the run all day besides those 2 plays. Gus has been playing fairly well for you guys...better than either of the QB's we've started. (Although JP has incredible upside and should be a good one soon.)
Better play calling, yes. Blaming your best QB, no.

dplus47
11-17-2005, 05:53 PM
Saban round 2.

Same as the first time.

Wonder what college hes headed to after Miami.

what does this mean?

this is the same as his stint in cleveland as DC? that this is the same as _____? he has never had a losing record as HC. he's about to have one, but i'm not sure where the comparison is...

Demon
11-17-2005, 05:54 PM
Things didn't get that bad for them, they still get to play Cleveland..... lol

jamze132
11-17-2005, 11:19 PM
I think it's hilarious when the Dolphins suck.

FinNasty23
11-18-2005, 02:24 AM
Yeah. I absolutely agree about the goal line series. I came on here after the game and wragged on Saban for allowing two fade routes to be called to the same corner, where the sun was clearly interfering with the receivers. The advantage of the receivers is being able to see the ball in the air before the DB's do, allowing them to make a play. On that fade route, which is one of my least favorite plays anyway, without that advantage, they are more likely to fail. I would have pounded it too.
As far as the whole game goes, I admit I didn't see very much, but you guys did exploit NE's weakness.
When two RB are getting equal carries, sometimes one of them gets a couple of big holes opened up and the other doesn't. I think the running game was up and down but ronnie happened to have a couple of longer carries (13 and 16 yds) in the same series. Up until then and from then on, the two had low averages. Ronnie got a couple good holes opened up. Looking at the play-by-play, NE was stuffing the run all day besides those 2 plays. Gus has been playing fairly well for you guys...better than either of the QB's we've started. (Although JP has incredible upside and should be a good one soon.)
Better play calling, yes. Blaming your best QB, no.

just because Gus is our best QB doesnt make him a good QB.

And you cant say that Ronnie hasnt been doing great. He has 675 yards on only 140 carries... He is 12th in the league in rushing yards and most of the guys in front of him have 50-70 more carries than him.

More importantly, he is averaging 4.8 YPC as a rookie behind a terrible o-line.

He has also been an outstanding blocker and receiver... http://images.finheaven.com/forums/smilies4/coolgleam.gif

Nasty

FinNasty23
11-18-2005, 02:26 AM
I think it's hilarious when the Dolphins suck.

coming from a bills fan... :funny: