PDA

View Full Version : Week 11: Post your picks!!!

doomsdayvirus
11-17-2005, 10:03 AM
Who could have seen the giants falling to the vikings (except maybe devilpaul)? how about the pack beating the falcons on the road? i had a feeling that one of these two games would turn out to be an upset but not sure enough to pick one, let alone both!

i really thought that philly could get it done against dallas at home now that the t.o. debacle was behind them. i was about 1 point off on that one.
however i did call the tampa bay upset over washington, and managed to make up for my week 9 record.

week 11 brings us back up to the 16 game schedule, so there's more picks to screw up. last week, i picked mostly favorites in lop-sided matchups. this week i'm throwing caution (and my average) to the wind, acting on a lot of hunches, and picking upsets across the board. here we go:

----------$----------$----------$----------$----------$----------$----

OAKLAND @ WASHINGTON : WASHINGTON
My first pick is not an upset, but would have been a surprise 11 weeks ago. Washington's fired up after last week's last second loss to Tampa. Gibbs won't let it happen again. And the Raiders are so far from relevancy that it hard to picture them putting forth the effort to win this one on the road.

MIAMI @ CLEVELAND : MIAMI
The line for this game is even at the moment, but the Browns have already been eliminated in a division that contains both the Steelers and the Bengals. Miami still has a statistical chance of making the playoffs in the weak AFC East. While the Browns look ahead to next year, Miami will be focused on the game at hand. They've been close the last couple weeks, this week they'll finish the job.

PITTSBURGH @ BALTIMORE : BALTIMORE
Pittsburgh is in quite a pickle this week without a QB capable of throwing the ball. It would be foolish to start Roethlisberger at this point and risk losing him for a longer period of time, Batch made some progress the last few games but now he's out as well. Pittsburgh will be limited to their running game, and though they do it well Baltimore will be prepared for it.

DETROIT @ DALLAS : DALLAS
Detroit is simply just struggling too much to keep up with the gunslinging Cowboys offense at home.

JACKSONVILLE @ TENNESSEE : TENNESSEE
Tennessee is coming off of a bye and has had plenty of time to rest and prepare for the Jags. They haven't won a game in 5 weeks and will catch the visitors off guard with their sudden desire to win. Just don't expect it to last more than a week.

ARIZONA @ ST. LOUIS : ARIZONA
Another upset, Larry Fitzgerald shows why he's one of the league's most under-appreciated receivers when the Cardinals pull out a surprise victory in St. Louis this week. His play won't be enough to give them the win, but a steady barrage of field goals from Rackers will be.

NEW ORLEANS @ NEW ENGLAND : NEW ENGLAND
I should know better than to pick New England to win 2 weeks in a row, they haven't done it all season, but that has to change sooner or later. I'm actually not 100% confident in this pick and the game will be closer than Pats fans would like, but I'm going to roll with it.

PHILADELPHIA @ NEW YORK (NYG) : NEW YORK (NYG)
No Owens, no McNabb, no chance against a hot Giants team that typically plays well after one of their owners dies. Sorry, but it's true.

TAMPA BAY @ ATLANTA : ATLANTA
Another close call, but I'm taking Atlanta. Vick simply has more physical skills and leadership ability than his counterpart on the Bucs. It may end up being a shootout, but if the Falcons defense can contain Galloway this game will be all theirs.

CAROLINA @ CHICAGO : CAROLINA
Chicago is better than expected this year, much better. I liked them early on in the year and I like their chances for next year. But they haven't been able to put up the points necessary to beat a team like Carolina, even at home.

SEATTLE @ SAN FRANCISCO : SEATTLE
Watch out Indy, your streak just might come to an end in Detroit this February against a Seahawks team that has been dormant for decades. Like Mount St. Helens looming behind the Seattle skyline, this team is finally ready to erupt.

NEW YORK (NYJ) @ DENVER : DENVER
Maybe it's time to consider that coaching position in KC Mr. Edwards. This former "Wild Card" favorite pick of sports analysts everywhere will discover what lies below "rock bottom" this week.

BUFFALO @ SAN DIEGO : SAN DIEGO
Both of these teams are teetering on the brink of playoff elimination. The difference is the Chargers have the right weapons and experience to win when it counts. The Bills will have their day, but it won't be this one.

INDIANAPOLIS @ CINCINNATI : CINCINNATI
If there was ever a time for the Colts to loose a game this would be it. If there was ever a time for the Bengals to win big and prove their viability this would be that game. Cincy is coming off a bye and has had plenty of time to get ready for this. It's also Indy's last potential "foul-weather" game of the regular season. If Cincy can't prove themselves here, then they really are nothing but a fluke. A mediocre team beating up on bad teams, kind of like a certain squad out of western New York last year.

KANSAS CITY @ HOUSTON : HOUSTON
Surprise! KC continues an uncharacteristic slide this week in Houston. It's just a gut feeling. Nothing else.

MINNESOTA @ GREEN BAY : GREEN BAY
They were close last time these two teams met. This time they'll pull it off at home denying the Vikings their 2nd straight victory.

Season & Weekly Record
------------------------------
WK 1......8/16...(8-8)....50%
WK 2......6/16...(6-10)...38%
WK 3......6/14...(6-8)....42%
WK 4.....10/14...(10-4)...71%
WK 5.....10/14...(10-4)...71%
WK 6.....10/14...(10-4)...71%
WK 7.....10/14...(10-4)...71%
WK 8.....10/14...(10-4)...71%
WK 9......9/14...(9-5)....64%
WK 10....11/14...(11-3)...79%
Season...90/144..(90-54)..63%

alohabillsfan
11-17-2005, 10:38 AM
MIAMI @ CLEVELAND : Cleveland
PITTSBURGH @ BALTIMORE : Pittsburg
JACKSONVILLE @ TENNESSEE : Jacksonville
ARIZONA @ ST. LOUIS : St Louis
NEW ORLEANS @ NEW ENGLAND : New Orleans
CAROLINA @ CHICAGO : Chicago
BUFFALO @ SAN DIEGO : Buffalo
INDIANAPOLIS @ CINCINNATI : Indy
KANSAS CITY @ HOUSTON : KC

OpIv37
11-17-2005, 10:45 AM
MIAMI @ CLEVELAND : Miami
PITTSBURGH @ BALTIMORE : Pittsburgh
ARIZONA @ ST. LOUIS : St Louis
NEW ORLEANS @ NEW ENGLAND : NE
CAROLINA @ CHICAGO : Carolina
BUFFALO @ SAN DIEGO : San Diego

DarbyTheDinosaur
11-17-2005, 10:51 AM
OAKLAND @ WASHINGTON :Washington
PITTSBURGH @ BALTIMORE : Baltimore
DETROIT @ DALLAS : Dallas
ARIZONA @ ST. LOUIS : St. Louis
NEW ORLEANS @ NEW ENGLAND : New England
PHILADELPHIA @ NEW YORK (NYG) : Philly
TAMPA BAY @ ATLANTA : Tampa Bay
SEATTLE @ SAN FRANCISCO : Seattle
NEW YORK (NYJ) @ DENVER : Denver
INDIANAPOLIS @ CINCINNATI : Cincinnati
KANSAS CITY @ HOUSTON : Kansas City
MINNESOTA @ GREEN BAY : Green Bay

jmb1099
11-17-2005, 03:06 PM
Buffalo by a field goal...oh wait a minute *&%$

Mahdi
11-17-2005, 03:44 PM
OAKLAND @ WASHINGTON :Oakland
PITTSBURGH @ BALTIMORE : Pittsburgh
DETROIT @ DALLAS : Detroit
ARIZONA @ ST. LOUIS : Arizona
NEW ORLEANS @ NEW ENGLAND : New Orleans
PHILADELPHIA @ NEW YORK (NYG) : New York
TAMPA BAY @ ATLANTA : Atlanta
CAROLINA @ CHICAGO : Chicago
SEATTLE @ SAN FRANCISCO : Seattle
KANSAS CITY @ HOUSTON : Kansas City

Mr.Reality
11-17-2005, 05:25 PM
OAKLAND @ WASHINGTON : Oakland
MIAMI @ CLEVELAND : Miami
PITTSBURGH @ BALTIMORE : Pitt
DETROIT @ DALLAS : Dallas
JACKSONVILLE @ TENNESSEE : Jags
ARIZONA @ ST. LOUIS : St. Louis
NEW ORLEANS @ NEW ENGLAND : NE
PHILADELPHIA @ NEW YORK (NYG) : Gints
TAMPA BAY @ ATLANTA : Atlanta
SEATTLE @ SAN FRANCISCO : Seatle
BUFFALO @ SAN DIEGO : SD
INDIANAPOLIS @ CINCINNATI : Cinci

ParanoidAndroid
11-17-2005, 08:42 PM
Unfortunately, I don't have time to detail my picks 'cuz that's the fun part. Through two weeks of doing this I'm 22-6. Whoopdie doo! :D

OAKLAND @ WASHINGTON
MIAMI @ CLEVELAND
PITTSBURGH @ BALTIMORE
DETROIT @ DALLAS
JACKSONVILLE @ TENNESSEE
ARIZONA @ ST. LOUIS
NEW ORLEANS @ NEW ENGLAND
PHILADELPHIA @ NEW YORK GIANTS
TAMPA BAY @ ATLANTA
CAROLINA @ CHICAGO
SEATTLE @ SAN FRANCISCO
NEW YORK JETS @ DENVER
BUFFALO @ SAN DIEGO
INDIANAPOLIS @ CINCINNATI
KANSAS CITY @ HOUSTON
MINNESOTA @ GREEN BAY
<!-- / message -->

DynaPaul
11-18-2005, 07:31 PM
Last week I was 9 - 5, I'm 69 - 43 overall for the season. (Hey, that's better than most of those nutsack "experts" in the paper!)

Arizona at St. Louis: Did you hear that some guy on the Cardinals guaranteed a win? I think they're due. Arizona.

Carolina at Chicago: This a tough one, two good teams with great defenses. Gonna have to go with the home team here. Chicago.

Detroit at Dallas: I don't see the Cowpokes dropping one at home to THIS team. Dallas.

Jacksonville at Tennessee: The Titans are in the running for a top 5 draft pick. Jacksonville.

Miami at Cleveland: The Dolphins new QB just could give the Browns another mark in the W column. Cleveland.

New Orleans at New England: Upset time! New Orleans.

Oakland at Washington: Battle of the Mosses. The Skins are at home where they're undefeated. Washington.

Philadelphia at N.Y. Giants: The Eagles are grounded for the rest of this year. N.Y. Giants.

Pittsburgh at Baltimore: These guys played each other tough last time and I heard Tommy Maddox might be starting again. Baltimore.

Tampa Bay at Atlanta: What? The Falcons have to face a real good defense? Vick might have to pass to live? Tampa Bay.

Seattle at San Francisco: Don't look for an upset here, look for Seattle to further their lock on the division. Seattle.

Buffalo at San Diego: Yeah, I'm picking against us again this week and hoping I'm wrong like last week. Will JP get us the W? How many yards will LT have? San Diego.

Indianapolis at Cincinnati: Not too long ago the Bengals took down another 9 - 0 team, the Chiefs. Look for a repeat performance from this upgraded Bengals team. Cincinnati.

N.Y. Jets at Denver: Another hopeless team wanders into the slaughterhouse... Denver.

Kansas City at Houston: Look for the Chiefs to rebound from that loss last week against the typically canon fodder Texans. Kansas City.

Minnesota at Green Bay: Another great rivalry. Look for the Pack to win it this time. Green Bay.

TigerJ
11-18-2005, 08:18 PM
Oakland is struggling. Washington has been struggling more with a tough schedule.
MIAMI @ CLEVELAND : CLEVELAND
Frerrotte's hurt. Rosenfells may start.
PITTSBURGH @ BALTIMORE : PITTSBURGH
With a week of practice, I think Maddox may surprise.
Cowboys are too strong for Detroit.
JACKSONVILLE @ TENNESSEE : JACKSONVILLE
Tennessee is toast.
ARIZONA @ ST. LOUIS : ST. LOUIS
Arizona doesn't have enough yet to compete with an average team.
NEW ORLEANS @ NEW ENGLAND : NEW ENGLAND
Buffalo was New Orleans' last hurrah this season.
Phlly is crippled right now.
Home field is the difference here.
CAROLINA @ CHICAGO : CAROLINA
Chicago is improved but Carolina is better.
San Fran is an ongoing disaster.
No contest. The Jets don't have the horses to compete. Broncos are horeses.
BUFFALO @ SAN DIEGO : SAN DIEGO
I'd like to pick Buffalo, but they don't have enough going for them right now.
INDIANAPOLIS @ CINCINNATI : INDIANAPOLIS
If there was ever a year for Miami's status as the only undefeated team ever, this is it.
KANSAS CITY @ HOUSTON : KANSAS CITY
KC's mad they lost to Buffalo. They won't lose to Houston.
Home field for Green Bay.

I don't think this is a week for a lot of upsets.

ParanoidAndroid
11-19-2005, 06:23 PM
No fair copying. :D

CanaanVtBillsFan
11-20-2005, 09:43 AM
Hey it's nice to see more people in here posting pics
like last week
NO ASSumptions from me just shooting from the hip
Yo DOOMSDAY I throw caution in the wind against myself, and I always have gas because man I stink up the place, I got the lucky 11-4 last week also

here is my pics
ST L
CHIC
DALASS
CLEVE
JACKS
INDY
NE
OAK
NYG
ATL
SEAT